然后…
And then…
我和你 费瑟和妈妈回去一起住
I’ll move back in with you and Faithie… and Mommy.
就这样 如果妈妈愿意跟我住的话
That is, if Mommy will have me.
我感觉自己像露西 来拜访半羊人图普纳斯先生
I feel like Lucy visiting Mr Tumnus.
噢 这是所有人对我说过的话里 最恭维的一句了
Oh! That’s the nicest thing anyone’s ever said to me.
妈妈说你有酗酒问题
Mommy says you have a drinking problem.
我觉得 如果你能戒酒 净化体内的锂
I think if you could stop drinking and take your lithium,
那妈妈就会让你回家了
then Mommy would let you come home.
你真的觉得妈妈应该
Do you actually think Mommy should be
像这样对你掏心掏肺吗
confiding in you this way?
是的
Yes.
咱们能继续当 露西和图普纳斯先生吗
Could we please go back to being Lucy and Mr Tumnus?
-还有这些 -好
-These too. -OK.
凯勒兄弟
Keller Brothers.
嘿 是找你的 公♥司♥电♥话♥不允许私用
Hey. It’s for you. No personal calls.
-抱歉 -这是工作
-Oh, I’m sorry. -This is a job!
好 好 很抱歉
OK. OK. I’m sorry about that.
对不起 对不起
Sorry. Sorry.
-喂 -是我
-Hello? -It’s me.
艾米丽娅今天来旅馆看我了
Amelia came to see me at the halfway house today.
一切都好 我现在带她回你家
Everything’s fine. I’m taking her home to your apartment.
-她是怎么去的 -走路
-How did she get there? -Walked.
从学校一路走过去的
All the way from school?
我知道…我觉得我们应该
I know -I think we should try and find
给她找个心理医生 和她谈谈
a therapist for her to talk to.
她弹的这么好了
She’s gotten so good.
-太棒了 -了不起 宝贝
-That’s fantastic! -That’s great, sweetpea.
工作的怎么样
How’s the job?
噢 那份工作
Oh, the job.
真不敢相信 我在做这种工作
I can’t believe I’m doing this.
-噢 -噢
-Oh. -Oh!
-你们忘了洗衣服 -我们懂了
-Forgot the laundry. -We’ll get it!
费瑟
Faithie!
还有奶油菠菜 我好喜欢菠菜
And creamy spinach. I just love spinach.
只要是奶油都很棒
Creamy little things are good.
-嗨 -嗨
-Hi. -Hi.
你们要去林肯
You guys go to Lincoln?
没有 我们要去皮博迪
No. We go to Peabody.
皮博迪是我们市里最好的学校
Peabody’s the best public school in our city.
我们不在皮博迪学区范围内
We are not in the Peabody School district.
如果你住在这 就应该去林肯
If you live here, you’re supposed to go to Lincoln,
而那里的学校 百分百烂
a school that is totally, 100% terrible.
除非你喜欢被爱尔兰小孩踢屁♥股♥
Unless you like getting your ‘A’ kicked by Irish kids.
我不想被踢屁♥股♥
I don’t want to get my ‘A’ kicked.
-宝贝 没人喜欢 -那 我们去皮博迪吧
-Honey, nobody does. -Well, we go to Peabody.
你们不明白 你们的行为是非法的
You don’t get it. What you’re doing is illegal.
这不公平 完全不公平
And it’s not fair. It’s not at all fair.
-你们要去坐牢的 -拜
-You guys are gonna go to jail. -‘Bye!
如果有人问我我住在哪呢 我不想撒谎
What if somebody asks me where I live? I don’t want to lie.
艾米丽娅 皮博迪是城里 最好的公立学校
Amelia, Peabody’s the best public school in the city.
我不在乎 我不想撒谎
I don’t care. I don’t want to lie.
你没有撒谎 宝贝 是妈妈在撒谎
You’re not lying, sweetheart. Mommy’s lying.
我不想去林根 他们说我们会挨揍
I don’t want to go to Lincoln! They said we’ll get beat up.
不用担心 我会教你怎么打架
Don’t worry about that. I’m gonna teach you how to fight.
如果我的老师发现我撒谎了呢
What if my teacher finds out I’m lying?
亨德里克小姐很喜欢你 你是她最得意的学生
Miss Hendricks loves you. You’re her best student.
他们说我们会被 爱尔兰小孩踢屁♥股♥
They said we’re gonna get our ‘A’ kicked by Irish kids!
-你不会…-谁说的
-You’re not gonna get… -Who said that?
你才是老大
You’ll be kicking ‘A’!
既然你这么想让 我们去皮博迪学校
If you wanted us to go to the Peabody School so bad,
那我们为什么 不搬去皮博迪学区
why didn’t we move into the Peabody School district?
艾米丽娅 因为我们没那么多钱
Amelia, because we cannot afford it.
我们能申请到 廉租♥房♥♥已经很幸运了
We are lucky we got a rent-controlled apartment.
-但是爸爸家那么有钱 -对 但我们没钱
-But Daddy’s family is so rich! -Yes, but we have no money!
我每天都在投递简历 却什么回应都没有
I send my resume out every day and I get nothing.
我刚花光了我最后的12美元
I’ve just spent my last $12.
你们想变成穷♥人♥ 受最烂的教育吗
You girls want to be poor and have a bad education?
有人想来第二份吗
Seconds, anyone?
卡姆 谢谢你做了这么美味的晚餐
Thank you, Cam, for this delicious dinner.
每晚都可以这样啊
It could be like this every night.
对 那样是很好
Yes, that would be nice,
但我需要的 是一个丈夫 不是妻子
but I need a husband, not a wife.
我想做一个丈夫 但我妻子不让
I would like to be a husband, but my wife won’t let me.
如果你让你妻子能够当你的妻子
Your wife would let you be a husband
那她就会让你做一个丈夫
if you made it possible for her to just be your wife.
他希望她做一个妻子 但她坚持
He wants her to be a wife, but she insists
要做一个丈夫 让我变成她的妻子
on being a husband who makes me be his wife.
他怎么说
What did he say?
他说我们没有住在皮博迪学区
He said that we don’t live in the Peabody School district
你和费瑟必须去林肯区上学
and that you and Faith have to go to Lincoln.
-很抱歉 妈妈 -宝贝 别哭
-I’m so sorry, Mommy. -Honey, don’t.
不要哭嘛 艾米丽娅 不用对我道歉
Please don’t cry, Amelia. Don’t apologise to me.
他问我们住在哪 我不知道该说什么
He asked where we lived and I didn’t know what to say.
我知道 我知道 你做的对
I know. I know. You did the right thing.
我也不想你撒谎
I never wanted you to lie.
他说我们所做的是非法的
He said it was illegal what we were doing.
我知道 我只是…
I know. I just…
我想我…宝贝 是我欠考虑
I guess I… I wasn’t thinking, honey.
我一心只想让 你和费瑟去最好的学校
I wanted you and Faith to go to the best school.
如果费瑟被揍了怎么办 这全都是因为我
What if Faithie gets beat up and it’s all because of me?
费瑟不会被打的
Faith is not gonna get beat up.
她会咬人
She bites.
睡袋 睡衣 毛绒玩具 书
Sleeping bags, pyjamas, stuffed animals, books,
换洗的衣服 我还忘了什么没
changes of clothes -what am I forgetting?
-牙刷 -我买♥♥了牙刷
-Toothbrushes. -I bought toothbrushes.
就让它们留在我的公♥寓♥吧
They can keep ’em at my apartment.
而且我找到了两个纸箱子
And I found these two cardboard boxes.
我把它们搭成了床的样子 它们会倒的
I set ’em up like beds. They’re gonna flip.
她们俩兴奋极了
They’re so excited.
-喝茶吗 -好 劳驾 噢
-Do you want some tea? -Yes, please. Oh.
在白天 他们还可以把箱子翻过来
During the day, they can turn them on their sides
变成木偶剧场
and they become puppet theatres.
他们会找到很多乐趣的
You’re going to have so much fun.
-来片吐司吗 -有劳了
-Do you want some toast? -Please.
现在我有我自己的家了 玛姬 我是说
Now that I got my own place, Maggie, I mean,
我很高兴可以随时来访 接孩子们过去玩
I’m happy to stop by and pick up the kids any time,
让她们在我那住几晚
have ’em stay over.
-谢谢 -我给你也准备了房♥间
-Thank you. -There’s room for you too.
开玩笑的
Just kidding.
我会等你准备好的
Not until you’re ready.
-这茶很好喝 卡姆 -嗯
-Oh, it’s good tea. Cam? -Mmm?
呃 我被商学院录取了
Um… I got into business school.
玛姬 斯图亚特 你真了不起啊
Maggie Stuart, you are some punkins!
我也希望我能有 中西部资本家的那种进取心
I wish I had some of that bourgeois Midwestern can-do.
一份 去哥伦比亚的奖学金
A scholarship… to Columbia.
等等 你不能待女儿们到纽约去
Wait. You can’t take the girls to New York.
不 当然不会 我连给自己
No, of course not-I can’t even afford
租一间纽约的小公♥寓♥都租不起
my own studio apartment in New York.
那女儿们怎么办
So, what about the girls?
好 我有个提议
OK. Here’s my proposal.
如果我上暑假课程 我可以 在18月内拿到我的学位
I can get my degree in 18 months if I do a summer session.
珍妮的妈妈可以把她公♥寓♥里
And Jenny’s mom can rent me
一间很小的房♥间租给我
a very small room in her apartment.
所以 我去纽约
So I go to New York.
你和女儿们来这一起住 你照顾她们
You move in here with the girls and you take care of them.
-我 -对 你
-Me? -Yes, you.
你很想她们 她们也很想你 卡姆
You miss them. And they miss you so much, Cam.
如果我不能在18个月内拿到MBA 那我就回波士顿来
I can get my MBA in 18 months, and then I come back to Boston,
找份工作 搬回来
I get a job and I move back in.
但 但 但…我是说 对
But… but… but… I mean, yes.