♫ In the heat of the night
在这炎热的夜晚
♫ Seems like a cold sweat creepin’ across my brow
我的心中升起一丝凉意。
♫ Yeah
耶~
♫ In the heat of the night
在这炎热的夜晚
♫ I’m feelin’ motherless somehow
我感到莫名的无助
♫ Stars with evil eyes
邪恶之眼在闪烁
♫ Stare from the skies
在天空上凝视
♫ All mean and bright
光明总会来到
片名:炎热的夏夜
♫ Ain’t a woman yet been born
临产的女人也不想生产
♫ Knows how to make the mornin’ come
渴望黎明的到来
♫ It’s so hard to keep control
一切都难以控制
♫ When I could sell my soul
当我出♥卖♥♥♥灵魂之时
♫ For just a little light
却只为那一点点光明
♫ In the heat of the night
在这炎热的夜晚
♫ In the heat of the night
在这炎热夜晚
♫ I’ve got trouble wall to wall
我四处碰壁
♫ Oh yes, I have
噢,是的,我拥有
♫ I repeat
我重复着
♫ I repeat, in the night
我重复着,在这夜里
♫ Must be an ending to it all
必须结束这一切
♫ But hold on, it won’t be long
只要坚持,它不会长久
♫ Just you be strong
只要你坚强
♫ And it’ll be all right
一切都会好的
♫ In the heat of the night
在这炎热夜晚
今晚你把蛋糕藏哪里了?
Where you keepin’ the pie tonight?
就在你进来之前,最后一块已经卖♥♥完了。
A man ate the last piece just before you come in.
那小破罩子下面是什么东西?
What’s that little old orphan sittin’ right up there?
云石蛋糕。
Marble cake.
我说,山姆。与其她在那独守空房♥,
Tell you what, Sam. Bein’ she’s in there by her little old lonesome,
不如免费送你吃。
I’ll let you have her for free.
我告诉你,不许再叫我山姆,知道不?嗯?
I told you ’bout that ‘Sam’ business,didn’t I? Hm?
不好意思,伍德先生。我是说,嗯,伍德警官。
Sorry, Mr. Wood.I mean, uh. .. Officer Wood.
(汽车启动)
( car starts)
(乡村音乐淡入)
( country music fades in )
♫ Well, a bow-legged Polly and a knocked-kneed Paul
嗯,罗圈腿的波利和八字腿的保罗
♫ A bow-legged Polly and a knocked-kneed Paul
罗圈腿的波利和八字腿的保罗
♫ A bow-legged Polly and a knocked-kneed Paul
罗圈腿的波利和八字腿的保罗
♫ They can’t get together at all
他们不能在一起
♫ Just like the worm in the cornfield said to his brother
就像玉米田中的蠕虫对他兄弟说
♫ ”Yeah, go in one ear and out the other”
“是的,左耳进右耳出”
(♫ singer hums)
(歌♥手嗡嗡)
♫ Well, a bucktoothed Clara and a cross-eyed Clyde
嗯,龅牙的克拉拉和斗鸡眼的克莱德
♫ A bucktoothed Clara and a cross-eyed Clyde
龅牙的克拉拉和斗鸡眼的克莱德
♫ Like old bow-legged Polly and a knock-kneed Paul
喜欢老罗圈腿的波利和八字脚的保罗
(音乐停止)
( music stops)
♫ Every time I see your face
每次当看到你的脸
♫ It’s got a way of turn in me around
我想拥抱你入怀。
♫ You tune me in, pretty baby
你抱着我,漂亮宝贝。
♫ Wild things begin
春心萌动
♫ Baby, that ain’t love
宝贝,这就爱
♫ But it sure is groovy
这真的很奇妙
( song continues in background)
这是科尔伯特。头骨凹陷。
( doctor) It’s Colbert, all right. Skull’s caved in.
小子,有拍过凶杀案相片吗?
You ever take a homicide picture before, son?
当然,至少他不会向我扑过来吧!
Well, at least he won’t be movin’ on me.
废话,我要你从每个角度都要拍。你听到没,要每个角度。
That’s for sure. I want you to cover every angle. Do you hear me? Every angle.
各位,请退后一点,好吗?
Uh, you boys,move on back now, OK?
他老远来到开了一间工厂
Came all this way to build us a factory,
令我们的城镇回复生气
make somethin’ outta this town.
而他却获得如此收场
Look what it got him.
是
Yeah.
山姆,找到钱包或身份证之类的东西吗?
Sam, did he have a wallet,identification, anything like that?
检查过了,警长,歹徒掠走一切
That’s the first thing I looked for.Whoever fixed him musta took ’em.
什么也没有,嗯?
Nothin’, huh?
-有证人吗? -我看连猫也没路过。
– Any witnesses?- I mean, not even a cat.
他死了多久?
How long’s he been dead?
不足一小时
Oh, less than an hour.
-不足一小时。 -大概半小时。
– Less than an hour. – Maybe half that.
可能半小时。
Maybe half.
有可能是过路人所为吗?
Could have been a hitchhiker.
搜查一下镇的两头、还有车站和台球馆。
Check both ends of town, check the depot, and check the pool hall. OK?
– 台球馆在一点时就关门了,警长。 -我说快去,山姆!
– Pool hall closes at one o’clock, Chief. – I said check it, Sam.
明白,警长
Yes, sir.
小子,站起来!
On your feet, boy.
现在就站起来!
l mean now!
转过身去,把手放墙上!
Get against that wall.Get them hands high!
我数到10之前,把手张开。
You spread them fingers.I wanna count all ten.
别乱动,小子,以上帝的名义,我得检查一下。
You move before I tell you to, boy,by God, I’m gonna clean your plow.
钱不少啊,小子
That’s pretty fat there, ain’t it, boy?
恩。
Huh?
现在外面有辆警车。
Now, outside there’s a police car.
你拿起包
You’re gonna pick up that bag.
慢慢出去,坐到后座上。
You’re gonna walk out, and you’re gonna plant yourself in the back.
你乖乖的、静静的走,
And you’re gonna be a real nice quiet boy all the way in.
知道吗?
You hear?!
来吧!小伙子
C’mon, boy.
快点!
Move it!
警长在吗?
Chief here?
嗨,做什么呀?山姆!
Hey, what’s up, Sam?
(山姆)警长?
( Sam ) Chief?
做什么呀?
What’s goin’ on?
-山姆?
– Sam?
( clattering)
( quicker clattering)
伍德?
– Wood?
是,警长
– Yes, sir?
我上次叫考尼尔给这玩意上油是何时?
When’s the last time I asked Courtney to get oil for this damn thing?
恩,上星期三
Uh, last Wednesday.
你可以好心地到外面去提醒他今天是什么日子吗?
Would you be kind enough to go outside and remind him what day it is today?
好的,那……,这犯人呢?
Well, uh.. .how about the prisoner here?
不用你操心。
Don’t you worry about him.
你叫什么,小伙子?
Got a name, boy?
维吉 锑伯斯
Virgil Tibbs.
维吉
Virgil?
好吧,我不认为我们会有什么麻烦,是不是,维吉?
Well, I don’t think we’re gonna have any trouble, are we, Virgil?
一点问题也没有。
No trouble at all.
欧,山姆,你可以走了!
Oh, you can go now, Sam.
是,警长
Yes, sir.
你用什么打得他?
– What did you hit him with?
打谁?
– Hit whom?
谁?谁?
”Whom”? Whom?
你是北方人?像你这样的北方人来这里干嘛?
You a Northern boy? What’s a Northern boy like you doin’ all the way down here?
我正等着火车
– I was waiting for the train.
但是这么早,没有火车啊!
– There ain’t no trains this time of mornin’.
-周二4:05去孟斐斯。-你说的?
– Tuesdays only. 4:05 to Memphis.- You say.
(train horn in distance )
好吧,你说得对。
Well.. . All right, you say right.
好吧……,维吉。
All right… Virgil.
噢!
Oh!
现在看
Now look.
我努力让这个镇和平安定。
I try to run a nice, clean, safe town here.
在这镇里,我不想有人惹事生非,你明白吗?
A town where a man can sneeze and not get his brains beat out. You follow me?
明白
Yes.
何不从实招了你是怎么杀了科尔伯特先生的?那样你会感觉好很多。
Why don’t you teII me how you killed Mr. Colbert?You’ll feel a whole lot better.
(knocking)
过一会来!
Not now!
我是来探访我母亲的。
l was visiting my mother.
我从布朗斯维尔坐12:35的火车来的。
l came in on the 12:35 from Brownsville.
我在等 4:05的车回去。
l was waiting to go out on the 4:05.
嗯-哼
Mm-hm.
好吧。
Yeah.
然后你顺路杀了个白人,给自己赚了200元!
And meanwhile, you killed yourseIf a white man and picked yourself up $200!