谢谢你,先生
Thank you, sir.
艾德·沃尔特斯,允许我介绍路易斯·班伯格
Ed Walters, may I present Louis Bamberger?
如果他每有一分钱你就有一分钱
If you had a nickel for every nickel he has,
你就会有好多好多钱
you would have a lot of nickels.
荣而又幸,先生
An honor and a pleasure, sir.
新泽西…
New Jersey–
星系间火箭探索的领导者
leader in intergalactic rocket exploration.
这个车牌听起来怎么样?
How does that sound for a license plate?

Long.
幽默感
sense of humor.
我爱这个小伙子
I love this boy.
我能把我外甥女偷走一会儿吗,劳驾?
May I steal my niece for one minute, please?
哦,其实我们正要走
Uh, well, actually, we were just about to leave.
就一会儿,拜托
Just for one moment, please.
– 我需要点空气 – 哦…
– I need some air. – Well…
詹姆斯,老鼠业务怎么一样了?
James, how is the rat business?
呣,这个,我现在的实验对象其实是学生
Um, well, it’s really students that I’m experimenting on now.
我的天,那些迷宫一定很大
My god, the mazes must be enormous.
绿色,黑色,红色
Green, black, red.
看看
Look at that.
这就像是一次有了四支笔
It’s like having four pens in one.
活在这个时代多么令人激动啊
What an exciting time to be alive.
路易斯,我们需要谈一谈
Louis, we need to have a talk.
说的是我能理解的东西,对吗?
This is going to be something I understand, isn’t it?
– 对对 – 我是说我听不懂你跟我说的东西
– Yeah, yeah. – I mean I don’t understand what you say to me.
对,可是你看…
Yes, but you see…
哦,这下好多了
Oh, that’s better.
看,凯瑟琳
Look, Catherine.
看看星星,看看天空
Look at the stars, look at the sky
看看…
look at…
爱德华
Edward.
我们刚才正在谈论星星
We were just talking about the stars.
啊…好了,呼吸够了
Ah… well, enough breathing.
多好的晚上
What a night.
从孩提时以来我就再没见过这样的天空
I haven’t see a sky like this since I was a kid.
那是天文学家的领域
That’s stargazers’ field.
你觉得上面有多少颗星星?
How many stars do you think are up there?
呃,10的12次方,加1
Um, ten to the twelfth, plus one.
你不必那样说
you don’t have to say that.
不,真的,人人都很佩服你
No, really, everybody is quite impressed.
你知道为什么彗尾总是远离太阳那面吗?
Do you know why a comet’s tail always points away from the sun?
知道
Yes.
我也知道
Me, too.
我的奶奶曾经告诉我
My grandma used to tell me that
星星是啄木鸟在天空中啄洞的地方
stars are where a woodpecker pecked holes in the sky.
她没有那么多科学头脑
She wasn’t that scientifically minded.
当我父亲仰望天空时,他并没有真正看到星星
When my father looked at the sky he didn’t really see stars.
他说他看见…
He said he saw
巨大的火海和核熔炉
great seas of fire and nuclear furnaces.
他说那就像一场非常暴♥力♥的芭蕾舞
He said it was like a very violent ballet
只不过它太小了,谁也看不见
only it was too small for anyone to see.
什么事把詹姆斯给耽搁了?
What is keeping James?
我不知道
I don’t know.
他发现了一颗彗星
He discovered a comet.
詹姆斯发现了一颗…?
James discovered a…?
不,我父亲
No. My father.
他们以他的名字给它命名
They named it after him.
博伊德彗星
Boyd’s comet.
嗯哼
Mm-hmm.
哦,我的天,那是你
Oh, my god, that’s you.
那是你父亲
That’s your father.
我…
I…
我刚刚读到那些,在那本…
I was just reading about that in the…
哦,你读过他的著作?
Oh, you’ve read his works?
哦,一部分吧,那么多本呢
Well, some of them. There are so many.
三本
Three.
三本?真的吗?那个…
Three? Really? There…
感觉好像要多些
it seemed like more.
它们都内容丰富
They’re all so action-packed.
内容丰富?
Action-packed?
他在说什么?
What is he saying?
他回来了
He’s coming back.
詹姆斯?
James?
不是
No.
呃,我父亲
Uh, my father.
你看,他临死前保证说…
You know, just before he died he promised that…
当那颗彗星回来的时候,他会骑在上面
when the comet came back he’d be riding on it.
就在,呃…
Right, uh….
就在那边
right there.
我认为是在那边,就在仙后座的下方
I think it’s there, just below Cassiopeia.
啊,你说得对
Ah, you’re right.
他说过他会…
He said he’d be…
…骑在上面俯视下方,确保我没事
…riding on it looking down to make sure I was okay.
那么你怎么样?还好吗?
So, how are you? Are you okay?
凯瑟琳?
Catherine?
凯瑟琳
Catherine!
老鼠男来啦
The rat man cometh.
我…
I…
凯瑟琳?
Catherine?
谁去叫医生
Somebody call a doctor.
阿尔伯特,说句话啊
Albert, say something.
我只是午餐吃了太多knerdler
I just had too many knerdlers for lunch.
我需要我的药
I need my pills.
凯瑟琳,你知道在哪里吧?
Catherine, you know where they are?
在家里
At home.
– 我们走 – 好
– Let’s go. – Ya.
爱德华,你开车载我
Edward, you drive me.
对,好的,你…你开车载他回家
Yes, all right, you-you drive him home.
我来收拾你的东西,凯瑟琳
I’ll collect your things, Catherine,
回头我在“每日咖啡杯”跟你见面
and I’ll see you at the Cafe Day Cup later.
好的 好的
Yes. Yes.
好吗?
Yes?
阿尔伯特,你要我们跟你来吗?
Albert, you want us to come with you?
不不
No, no.
当心
Watch out.
再见,拜托
Good-bye, please.
我们走,我们走
Let’s go. Let’s go.
等一下
Wait a minute.
我们怎么回家?
How do we get home?
好问题
Good question.
这是个美好的晚上
it’s a lovely night.
我们走路
We walk.
哦,看,我找到我的药了
Oh, look, I found my pills.
现在…也许我们可以弄个玻璃杯放进去
Now… maybe we can catch some of this in a glass.
应该让你下车
Should get you out of this.
对,是个好主意
Yeah, that’s a good idea.
那边
Over there.
那家咖啡馆,爱德华
That cafe, Edward.
对,这是个…很糟糕的阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦笑话
Yeah, it’s a… very bad Albert Einstein joke.
玛丽瓦是他的第一个妻子
Maleva was his first wife.
她跟他离了婚
She divorced him.
对,我生活在这里太多,这里不够多
Yeah, I lived too much here and not enough here.
她有孩子吗?
She have children?
两个男孩
Two boys.
汉斯·阿尔伯特
Hans Albert.
我不在的时候他母亲给他起的名字
His mother named him while I was out of town.
还有爱德华
And Edward.
什么?
Yes?
不,爱德华是另一个男孩的名字
No. Edward was the name of the other boy.
那么,你一定在这里生活过至少两次
Well, you must have lived here at least twice.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!