Common aims and interests…
语言沟通…
verbal communications…
财务安全…
financial security…
智力的兼容
intellectual compatibility.
那爱情呢?
What about love?
听着像是100美元的刹车活儿,弗兰克
Sounds like a hundred-dollar brake job, Frank.
连动杆报废,艾德?
Busted tappets. Ed?
啥?
Huh?
你怎么想的?
What do you think?
她爱我
She loves me.
我以为这就是你的目的啊
I thought that was the idea.
你一直没告诉她,是吧?
You haven’t told her, have you?
我一直在尝试
I’ve been trying.
啊,什么也别告诉他们,我就这么说
Ah, tell ’em nothing, that’s what I say.
没那么难
It’s not that hard.
你只要给她打电♥话♥,然后说
You just call her up and say,
“你好,我是个撒谎的油腻猴子”
“Hello. I’m a lying grease monkey.”
别烦我,行不行?
Leave me alone, will you?
会没事的
It’s going to be all right.
她爱我
She loves me.
它会不会有效?
Will it work?
它会不会有效?
Will it work?
你永远不知道
You never know.
我以前见过这个
I’ve seen this before.
对啊,所有的报纸上都有:
Well, yes, it’s been in all the papers:
艾德·沃尔特斯的冷聚变
Ed Walters’ cold fusion.
不不,我是说几年前
No, no, I mean years ago…
某个地方
somewhere.
首先我想说,我骗你…
First I want to say, “I lie you…
我…我爱你
“I-I love you.
我是个…是个骗子
I’m a l… a liar.”
一直以来有些事情…
There’s been some things
我没有完全诚实以对
that I haven’t been completely honest about,
而我愿意…
and, um, I would like the…
等一下,凯瑟琳
Just a minute, Catherine.
(地球停转之日)
爱德华·沃尔特斯?
Edward Walters?
是?
Yes?
安静,跟你说话你才说
Quiet. Speak when you’re spoken to.
动作自然,回话保持简短
Act natural. Keep the answers short.
爱德华…爱德华,我要你来见见…
Edward… Edward, I want you to meet
合众国的总统
the President of the United States.
艾克?
Ike?!
你是…你是…
You’re… you’re…
你是那个…
you’re the…
你是艾森豪威尔总统
You’re President Eisenhower.
哦,至少到下次选举前是
Well, at least until the next election.
呣,这是什么特殊的…时机吗?
Um, some special… occasion?
我正在等一个人…
I’m expecting someone…
一个朋友…
a friend…
凯瑟琳
Catherine.
凯瑟琳·博伊德?
Catherine Boyd?
对
Yes.
阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦的外甥女
Albert Einstein’s niece.
我必须告诉她一件事
I have to tell her something.
哦,小伙子,关于这个引擎…
Well, son, about this engine…
呃,我们何时能看到一台可工作的原型机?
Uh, when can we see a working prototype?
一台原型机?
A-A prototype?
俄♥国♥人已经宣布他们要在一年内拥有一台可工作的模型
The Russians have announced that they’ll have a working model within the year.
总统想要发表一个声明说…
The President would like to make an announcement that…
我们正在新泽西这里制♥造♥一台原型机
we are building a prototype here in New Jersey.
我们今晚有个记者招待会
We have a press conference tonight.
七点钟在研讨会上
7:00 at the symposium.
我希望可以告诉他们我们将准备就绪,时间在…
I’d like to be able to tell them we’ll have something ready by say, um…
七点吗?
7:00?
到时艾森豪威尔告诉大家好消息
Then Eisenhower tells everyone the good news!
有好消息吗?
There’s good news?
关于原型机的
About the prototype!
爱德华知道这事吗?
Does Edward know this?
当然!这实际上是他的主意!
Sure! It was practically his idea!
来吧,我们走
Come on, let’s go!
他们在前门等我们
They’re waiting for us out front!
哦,我的天
Oh, my god.
打扰了
Excuse me.
凯瑟琳·博伊德?
Catherine Boyd?
我见过你的朋友爱德华
I met your friend Edward.
你一定非常自豪吧
You must be very proud.
我对他有很强烈的感觉
I have very strong feelings about him.
(看彗星)
我们应该离开这个国家
We should leave the country!
不要慌张
Don’t panic!
那我们应该什么时候慌张
When should we panic–
当他们因叛国枪毙我们的时候?
when they shoot us for treason?
他们不会因叛国而枪毙你
They don’t shoot you for treason.
我认为是电刑
I think it’s electrocution.
艾德,那是艾德
Ed. It’s Ed!
凯瑟琳在哪里?
Where’s Catherine?!
跟艾森豪威尔在一起
With Eisenhower!
退后
Back!
待在后面,先生
Stay back, sir!
凯瑟琳!停下!
Catherine! Stop!
– 那不是,呃… – 沃尔特斯!
– Isn’t that, uh…? – Walters!
艾德
Ed!
凯瑟琳
Catherine!
凯瑟琳,站住!
Catherine! Stop!
恭喜,年轻的女士
Congratulations, young lady.
我跟梅米求婚的时候也是一样的感觉
I felt the same way when I proposed to Mamie.
总统先生,我认为你最好是…
Mr. President, I think you’d better get…
没关系没关系,停车
It’s okay. Okay. Stop the car.
那不是艾德·沃尔特斯吗?
Isn’t that Ed Walters?
对,是他
Yeah, that’s him.
有什么问题吗?
Some kind of problem?
我们为什么停车?
Why’d we stop?
凯瑟琳…
Catherine…
不要跟我说话
Don’t talk to me,
你撒谎,你造假,你伪装
you liar, you fake, you phony…
你发现了
You found out.
你怎么会以为我有那么笨?
How could you think I was that stupid?
我没认为你笨,你怎么发现的?
I don’t think you’re stupid. How’d you find out?
我算出来的,好吗?
I figured it out, okay?
我就是算出来了
I just figured it out.
我把两个两个放在一起
I put two and two together–
– V除以R等于H – 那个方程式?那太棒了,太好了!
– V over R equals H… – The formula? That’s fantastic! That’s great!
住手!你这假…
Stop it! You fake…
吻我吧
Just kiss me.
什么?
What?
这就来,艾克!
Be right there, Ike!
不着急
Take your time!
总统以为你在跟我求婚
The president thinks that you are proposing to me,
所以亲吻我吧
so just kiss me.
我们有好多麻烦呢
We’re in a lot of trouble here.
我看着是同意了
Looks like a yes to me.
对,是啊
Yes, it does.
你…你这机修工
You… you mechanic.
看?我对于你就是这样,就是个机修工
See? That’s all I am to you, just a mechanic,
– 对吧? – 是的
– right? – Yeah!
你的名字真的是艾德吗?
Is your name really Ed?
是的,是艾德
Yes, it’s Ed.
你真的在一家汽修厂工作?
Do you really work at a garage?
对,就在那家汽修厂你第一次见到我就爱上我
Yes, a garage where you fell in love with me
记得吗?
remember?
那是真的,是事实