Oh! Oh, I’m sorry. Were you sleeping?
哦,凯瑟琳,没有
Oh, Catherine, no.
我只是在休憩
I was just in repose.
你去哪儿啦?
Where were you?
在思考
Thinking.
我在担心你
I was worried about you.
担心我思考?
That I was thinking?
我也是
Me, too.
不,我担心你在生我的气
No, I was worried that you were angry with me
因为这是一件我不能够承担的事情
since it’s the one thing I would not be able to bear.
请你原谅一个傻老头
Please forgive a foolish old man.
哦,不不不
Oh, no, no, no.
你并没有…
You weren’t being…
哦,也许有一点吧
Well, maybe a little.
是我的缘故
It was me.
他会告诉我该思考什么
He’ll tell me what to think.
谁?
Who?
我的笔记本!我以为把它弄丢了呢
My notebook! I thought I lost this.
凯瑟琳,谁?
Catherine, who?
我爸爸…那颗彗星…周五,10点35
My dad… the comet…Friday, 10:35.
亲爱的 [德语]
Liebchen…
我知道我们取笑你的詹姆斯
I know we make fun of your James.
我们叫他“老鼠男”和“啮齿国王”
We call him “the rat man” and “the rodent king.”
还有“次等教授”
And “the lesser professor”
– 对 – 还有“粪便心理学家”
– Ja. – and “the excremental psychologist.”
对…还有“猴唇爵士”
Ja…and “sir monkey lips.”
“黑猩猩皮条客”
“Chimp pimp.”
这些都到此为止
This all stops now.
我对你的希望是
What I wish for you:
你走出去,好好生活
You go out and have a good life.
你认真的吗?
You mean that?
我刚跟他说过话
I just spoke with him.
谁?
Who?
跟老鼠…跟詹姆斯
With the rat… with James.
明天我们一起出去,我们来一次远足
Tomorrow, we all go together, and we have an excursion.
哈罗?有人迷失在…
Hello? Someone lost in…
哈罗
Hello.
我们听见叫喊声
We heard screaming.
– 叫喊? – 对对
– Screaming? – Ja, ja.
我们在找爱因斯坦教授
We are looking for professor Einstein.
他说你们在一起
He said you would be together.
哦,对,但不在这里
Uh, yes, but not here.
我正要跟他去出海
I’m going sailing with him.
哦,出海…当然啦
Oh, sailing… of course!
我们…我们搞错了
We were… we were mistaken.
我们从没出过海
We never go sailing.
真的吗?
Really?
他说鱼不想吃我们刚吃的东西
He says the fish don’t want to eat what we have just eaten.
我最好查看一下这个
I’d better check on this.
不不,他没事
No, no! He’s fine.
不要碰任何东西
Don’t touch anything.
安静
Quiet!
这就是我们在物理学中缺失的:喊叫
This is what we miss in physics: screaming.
如果有人喊叫,一般来说就是我
If anybody screams, it’s usually me.
哦,拜托不要,不要碰任何东西
Uh, please, don’t, don’t touch anything.
你就让那些老鼠四处乱跑,是吗?
You let the rats run around like that, eh?
你很民♥主♥
Very democratic of you.
18个月的实验研究付之东流
18 months of experimental research gone!
哦,那些猴子
Oh, the monkeys!
看得出你很忙
It’s plain to see you’re very busy.
我们另找时间再来
We come back another time.
心理学家啊…好疯狂
Psychologists… So crazy!
走
Go!
哦,我不明白
Well, I don’t understand it.
他总是做什么都提早10分钟
He’s always ten minutes early for everything.
时间再长我们就要错过风了
Any longer, we lose the wind.
好了,够了,我们出发
Okay, that’s it. We’re set.
我非常失望
I’m very disappointed.
我原本还期待能更好地了解他呢
I was looking forward to getting to know him better.
好吧,也许下次吧
well, maybe next time.
真漂亮
It’s pretty.
– 抱歉 – 没关系,你没事吧?
– Sorry. – It’s all right. You okay?
阿尔伯特舅舅…
Uncle Albert…
省省吧
cut it out!
听着,凯瑟琳
Listen, Catherine,
– 有件事我得告诉你 – 不,听着,呃
– there’s something I have to tell you. – No, listen, uh…
我知道阿尔伯特舅舅和所有人…
I know that Uncle Albert and everybody
想让我们…你知道的
wants us to… you know.
– 但还有一件事 – 不,你得让我说完
– But there’s something else… – No. You have to let me finish.
只不过那个…
It’s just that…
就是,两个人之间的爱情…
Well, love between two people, uh…
抱歉
Sorry.
阿尔伯特舅舅
Uncle Albert!
我在操控这条船
I’m steering the boat.
爱情…
Love…
不
No.
有共同目标和兴趣的人…
People who share common goals and interests…
你听说过绿藻色吗?
Did you ever hear of the color algae?
没有
No.
总之,重点在于,艾德,那个…
Anyway, the point is, Ed, that, um…
你不能选择你会爱上谁
you can’t choose who you’re gonna love.
哦,这我知道
Well, I know that.
你知道吧?它就是自然发生的
You know? It just happens.
而且我认为你是个正派的人
And I think you’re a decent person
而且我尊重你…
and I respect you…
我也尊重你
I respect you, too.
谢谢你,而且我知道你对我的感觉
Thank you. And I know how you feel about me.
只不过你不能…
It’s just that you can’t…
你不能期望一个你刚认识的人…
you can’t expect somebody who you’ve just met–
一个几乎不了解你的人突然就说…
somebody who hardly knows you to suddenly say…
我爱你
I love you.
我明白,那没关系
I understand. That’s okay.
不,我爱你
No, I love you.
我的确爱
I do!
我的确爱,我说出来了!
I do! I said it!
你爱我?
You love me?
对!我爱你!
Yes! I love you.
– 阿尔伯特舅舅,拜托你别那样了好吗? – 你停手好吗?
Uncle Albert, would you please cut that out? – Would you stop?
现在我可以自己来了
I can do it myself now.
哇呼
Wahoo.
你们感觉到了吗?
Did you feel that?
对
Ja!
在某个地方,一个原子与另一个原子发生了碰撞
Somewhere, an atom collided with an atom
这个又与一个原子碰撞,如此持续
that collided with an atom, and so on
一直到碰撞了我们
until it collided with us!
敬原子…
To atoms…
那些性感的小变♥态♥
those sexy little kinkies.
就说你认为自己爱上了这个…
Suppose you think you’re in love with this…
这个机修工,是吧?
this mechanic, do you?
是的!艾德!
Yes! Ed!
我爱上了他
I’m in love with him!
让我来解释…
Let me explain…
这是…这是…
It’s…it’s…
这是一种迷恋
it’s an infatuation.
这不是爱
It’s not love.
他长相讨人喜欢,他很受欢迎…
He’s pleasant-looking, he’s, he’s popular…
阿尔伯特舅舅喜欢他
Uncle Albert likes him,
所以,很自然你感觉到吸引,不过…
so, naturally, you feel attracted, but it…
它不会持久
it won’t last.
我们所拥有的就会持久
What we have will last:
共同的目标和兴趣