我是说 任何捐助都会对社区有很大的帮助
I mean, of course, any donation would help the center.
这件事很重要
It’s very important.
求你了
Please.
好吧
Okay.
你明天中午12点
You meet me tomorrow at 12:00
到奥卡拉集市等我 可以吗
at the Okhla market, okay?
好吧 我来帮你们…
All right, I’ll take a…
你们想让我拍张照吗
You want me to take a photo of you?
想看吗
You want to see?
看到没 好的
You see? Okay.
你好
Hello.
我本来不想来的
I almost didn’t come.
我也担心你不会出现
Yeah, I was worried.
是什么让你改变了心意
What changed your mind?
我…
I, um…
我查了你的背景资料
I did some research on you.
来吧
Come.
你好
Hello.
这些孩子…
Do all these children…
最后都会到社区中心生活吗 还是…
do they eventually end up at the community center or…
一部分会
Some do,
但单单这附近三十个街区
but there are over one million people
就住着一百万多人
living in this 30-block radius alone.
根据登记的资料
According to the registrar,
萨罗米娜和她父母住在这里
Salomina and her parents live here.
我去问问那位女士
I’m gonna ask this lady here.
好的
Okay.
怎么了
What’s wrong?
她说什么
What’d she say?
她现在可能像条流浪狗一样生活
She could be living like a stray dog.
她孤身一人
She’s totally alone.
她母亲死了 她父亲也死了
Her mother’s dead; her father’s dead.
她知道社区中心的地址
She knows the address of the community center,
但普莉娅说她已经几周没去过那里了
but Priya said she hasn’t been there in weeks.
单是方圆十个街区就有一百万人口
There’s a million people living in a ten-block radius.
要找到她几乎是不可能的事
It’s gonna be impossible to find her.
你不能现在放弃
Well, you shouldn’t give up.
你飞过了半个地球的距离
You flew halfway around the world.
你该继续找下去
You should keep looking.
至少在那里多待几天
At least give it a few days.
我要睡了
I’m gonna go to bed.
晚安
Good night.
再见
Bye.
我到底来这里做什么
What am I doing here?
你疯了
You’re mad.
这相当于一枚信♥号♥♥弹
It’s a smoke signal.
某个认识她的人会看见的
Someone she knows will see it.
感谢你没把我的号♥码写在上面
I’m glad you didn’t put my number up there.
你好
Hello?
你好
Hello?
是的
Hi, yes
我侄女的眼睛和那板上印的一样 写着现金奖励的那个
Yeah, my niece has eyes like the picture board, cash reward.
和图片上一样吗
Are they just like the ones in the picture?
我想是的
Yes, I think so.
完全一样吗
Like, exactly?
几乎一样
Uh, very much so.
你侄女几岁了
How old is your niece?
18岁
Eighteen.
我的小侄女15岁
My other niece is 15.
那不是的 抱歉
Oh, no, um, sorry.
谢谢 不是的
Thank you, no.
抱歉 不是我找的人
Sorry, wrong person.
再见
Bye.
你好
Hello?
你会说英语吗
Do you speak English?
我会
Yes, I do.
不好意思 你刚才说什么
I’m sorry, what-what were you saying?
我的眼睛和你登广♥告♥寻找的一样
I have the eyes you took up the advertisement for.
你多大了
How old are you?
24岁
Twenty-four.
抱歉
No, sorry.
我要找的是一个小女孩
The person I’m looking for is much younger.
谢谢你打电♥话♥过来
No, thank you for calling.
抱歉
Sorry.
真棒
Very good!
我是最棒的 – 我是最棒的吗
I’m the best! – I’m the very best?
我是最棒的
I’m the very best.
棒极了
Very good.
格雷博士 你信教么
Dr. Gray, are you religious?
我信教吗
Am I religious?
你不是调查过我吗
I thought you researched me.
我不信教
I’m not religious.
为什么
Why not?
宗教的基础 是人类于数千年前
Religion is based on scripture written by men
写下的经♥文♥
thousands of years ago.
那些观点不容改变也不容置疑
Those beliefs can’t be changed or challenged.
是一成不变的
They’re fixed.
而在科学中
In science,
伟大的思想家 也在很久以前
great thinkers have written things
写下了各种理论
very long ago,
但那些理论会不断为后来人所修正
but every generation improves upon them.
那些文字不是神圣的
The words are not holy.
爱因斯坦是个伟人 但他并非我们的神
Einstein is a brilliant man,but he’s not our god.
他是知识体系进化过程中的一步
He’s one step in the evolution of knowledge,
但我们还会继续向前跨越
but we always continue to step forward.
你知道吗
You know…
曾经有位科学家问达♥赖♥喇♥嘛♥
a scientist once asked the Dalai Lama,
『如果某天科学将你的信仰证伪』
“What would you do if something scientific
『你会怎么做?』
disproved your religious beliefs?”
他在思考良久后回答
And he said, after much thought,
『我会把所有的文章读上一遍』
“I would look at all the papers.
『我会翻看所有的研究结果』
“I’d take a look at all the research
『并试着去理解里面的东西』
“and really try tounderstand things.
『到最后 如果结论清楚地表明』
“And in the end, if it was clear
『科学证据推♥翻♥了我的宗教信条』
“that the scientific evidence disproved my spiritual beliefs,
『那我会重新选择我的信仰』
I would change my beliefs.”
这回答很好
That’s a good answer.
伊恩
Ian…
如果你的科学思想被某些宗教理念证伪
…what would you do if something spiritual
你又会怎么做呢
disproved your scientific beliefs?
亲爱的
Hello, love.
今天银行打电♥话♥来
The bank called today.
他们说有每天都有一笔2000美元的转账
They said that $2,000 a day
流向一家印度广♥告♥公♥司♥
is going to some sketchy Planet India company.
已经累计有两万块了
It’s, like, 20k already.
怎么回事
What’s going on?
我立了块广♥告♥牌
I put up a billboard.
我知道这听着有点极端
I know it sounds a bit extreme,
但这是我唯一能想到的办法了
but it’s all I could think of.
伊恩 已经过去几周了
Ian, it’s been weeks.
我觉得你还是回来吧
I think you should come back.
凯伦 你之前不是说过
Karen, what happened
寻找后一无所获也算一种发现吗
to turning over rocks and finding nothing is progress?
我觉得这个研究的前景不是很乐观
I’m down with the big picture of all this.
虽然当初是我让你去的
I’m the one who wanted you to go.
但我们也做过不少失败的实验不是吗
But failed experiments are not unknown to us, right?
你可以先回来
We regroup.
我们去找更多别的案例
We look for more matches.
然后再继续尝试
We try again.
回家吧
Please come home.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!