威利马上就到了
Willy will soon be here.
你得吃早餐了
You must have your breakfast.
你要在房♥间里吃吗?
Would you like it here, in your room?
我叫人送上来
l will send it up.
你你必须有所行动 他们要来逮捕你了
You must do something. They’re going to arrest you.
迈克 我们该怎么办?
Michael, what can we do?
我不知道
l don’t know.
你不会让他们拉你去审判?
You’re not going to let them bring you to trial?
你明白那意味着什么 你不能让这种事情发生
You understand what that would mean. You can’t let that happen.
迈克…
Michael….
事情因我而起 我一定可以做点儿什么
l’ve done this to you. There must be something l can do.
我们是无能为力的
There’s nothing we can do.
-我求你原谅我 我非常抱歉 -是我的错 夫人
-l beg your pardon. l’m so sorry. -lt was my fault, madame.
我一直在等着和你谈谈 神父 你被警方请去问话 是吗?
l’ve been waiting to speak to you, Father. You have been talking to the police, yes?
神父 警方问你什么?
What did the police ask you, Father?
他们问起我了 你告诉他们了
They asked about me. You told them about me.
我快要被逮捕了 凯勒
l’m going to be arrested, Keller.
你?
You?
他们为什么要逮捕你 神父?
Why would they arrest you, Father?
你在吓我 你以为这么和我说 我就会去自首吗
You’re trying to frighten me. You think by telling me that, l will give myself up.
你以为在我♥干♥下这种事以后会轻易被吓倒吗?
You think l am easily frightened after what l did?
当他们抓你的时候你打算怎么做
So, what are you going to do when they arrest you?
也许你会指着我 也许你会说 是凯勒干的
Perhaps you’ll point your finger at me. Perhaps you’ll say, ”lt’s Keller.”
那就是你要做的 是不是? 毕竟你也是没胆的人 你被吓到了
That’s what you will do, is it? You are a coward after all. You are frightened.
也许他们要吊死的人是你不是我 这吓坏你了
Maybe they will hang you instead of me, and that frightens you.
也许你会告诉他们 只要你还是个神父你不能跟他们讲
Perhaps you will tell them. You can’t tell them as long as you are a priest.
你会么?
Can you?
神父被吓坏了 艾尔玛 你看到他脸上的表情吗?
The priest is frightened, Alma. You saw the look on his face?
他觉得他可以告诉警♥察♥ 是不是? 我已做好准备了
He thinks he can tell the police, yes? l am ready.
我要找洛根神父
l’d like to speak with Father Logan, please.
-洛根神父不在这里 -早晨好
-Father Logan is not here. -Good morning.
我来找洛根神父 凯勒说他不在这
l came to see Father Logan, but Keller says he’s not here.
不在这里? 他没有说他要外出
Not here? He didn’t say he was going out.
-他什么都没有跟我讲 -我看到他了
-He didn’t say anything to me. -l saw him.
我试着要跟他说话 他好像很害怕
l tried to speak to him. He seemed frightened.
我问他是否我能做什么 他甚至都没有听我
l asked him if l could do anything. He didn’t even hear me.
然后就走出大门 二十分钟以前 也许是三十分钟
He went out by that door 20 minutes ago, maybe 30.
谢谢! 我会再回来的 神父
Thank you. l’ll be back, Father.
好了 墨菲 什么事?
All right, Murphy, what is it?
什么?
What?
在教堂外面待命!
Stand by outside the rectory.
洛根不见了
Logan is gone.
给我接通讯中心
Give me the radio room.
洛根神父会来吃午餐吗?
Will Father Logan be in for lunch?
我不知道
l don’t know.
有没有消息?
Any news yet?
好的
All right.
你好 神父
Hello, Father.
-用过午餐没有? -没有
-Have you had your lunch yet? -No.
我替你叫些吃的
Let me order something for you.
墨非先生 你在什么地方找到的这件法衣?
Mr. Murphy, where did you find this cassock?
在一个高级皮箱里
ln a patent-leather trunk.
皮箱是否属于被告所有
Would you be able to say if the trunk belonged to the accused?
我可以说是
l would say that it did.
箱子上有他名字的开头字母 M.W.L. 箱子在他房♥间里
His initials, ”M.W.L.,” were on the trunk. The trunk was in his room.
你是说法衣是被藏在皮箱里面
Would you say that the cassock had been hidden in the trunk?
看起来是否像是放在那里来逃避检查
Did it seem as though placed so as to escape detection?
它上面放有许多东西盖着
Well, there were a lot of other things covering it.
有雨衣 一付眼镜 和几本书
A raincoat, a pair of galoshes and several books.
-谢谢 你可以盘问证人了 -没问题
-Thank you. Your witness. -No questions.
就这样了 谢谢!
That’s all. Thank you.
传柏纳医生
Call Dr. Bonnard.
你是否发誓你所提供的证词 都是真实的
The evidence you give shall be the truth, the whole truth…
我发誓
-…and nothing but the truth. -l swear.
-你的名字 -乔治. 柏纳
-Your name? -Georges Bonnard.
-你的年龄 -42
-Your age, please? -Forty-two.
-你的职业 -病理学家
-Your occupation? -Pathologist.
-你是拉瓦尔大学的教授? -是的
-You’re a professor at Laval University? -l am.
-你检查的这些斑点? -是的
-You have examined these stains? -l have, sir.
-请你告诉法庭他们是什么? -是人的血迹
-Would you tell the court what they are? -They’re human blood.
-你能告诉我们是什么血型? -是O型的
-Would you tell us what blood type? -Type O, sir.
是不是跟被害的血型一样?
ls this the same blood type as that of the murdered man?
-是的 先生 -谢谢你 医生
-lt is, sir. -Thank you, doctor.
案发当晚你曾跟被告谈过话吗?
On the night of the murder, you spoke to the accused?
你们谈话的时候几点钟?
At what time did your conversation take place?
刚过ll点45分 先生
A little after 1 1 :45, sir.
你能告诉法庭是什么事情导致了这次谈话?
Would you tell the court of the events that led up to this conversation?
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
我太太已经睡着了 先生 我也准备要上♥床♥睡觉
My wife was asleep, sir, and l was just about to go to bed.
我刚好看到窗外 我看见有人进到教堂里
l happened to look out the window, and l saw someone enter the church.
距离那么远我看不清楚是什么人 先生
l couldn’t tell who it was at that distance…
所以我就走到楼下
…so l went downstairs and through the passageway…
穿过连接教堂和教区长住♥宅♥之间的通道
…that connects the rectory to the church.
光线很暗 不过我可以看到有个人…
The light was dim, sir, but l could see someone…
…跪在祭坛的前面
…who was kneeling against the altar rail.
当他抬起头时…
As he lifted his head…
…我认出是洛根神父 先生
…l recognized Father Logan, sir.
他的举止有没有任何不寻常的地方?
Was there anything about his manner that seemed out of the ordinary?
他看起来…
He seemed…
…很痛苦 先生
…distressed, sir.
-你有没有跟他讲话? -有的 先生 我问他是不是身体不舒服
-Did you speak to him? -Yes, sir. l asked him if he were ill.
他说没有 他叫我回去 不要管他
He said no. He said l should go back and leave him alone.
-不过你并没有马上走开? -是的 先生
-But you didn’t leave him immediately? -No, sir.
为什么?
Why was that?
洛根神父一向对我太太和我都非常好…
Father Logan had always been very kind to my wife and to me…
…因此如果可能我希望能帮他
…so l wanted to help him if l could.
他看起来需要帮忙吗?
He seemed to need help?
他当时似乎非常 非常苦恼 先生
He seemed very, very distressed, sir.
他拒绝你的帮忙吗?
And he wouldn’t let you help him?
是的 先生,他再次对我说 “回去 凯勒 不要管我”
No, sir. He said to me again, ”Go back, Keller. Leave me alone.”
所以我就回房♥间去了
So l went back to my room.
你有跟你太太提到这件事吗?
You spoke to your wife of this incident?
没有 先生
No, sir.
-为什么不告诉她? -她睡着了
-Why not? -She was asleep, sir.
并且我也不想谈这件事情
And also l didn’t like to talk about it.
我觉得向任何人提及..
lt didn’t seem right to me…
…像洛根神父这样的苦恼的事是不好的
…to mention such distress as Father Logan’s to anyone.
看起来像是非常私人的苦恼 先生
lt seemed a very private distress, sir.
我只是试图澄清你的证词
l’m only trying to clarify your testimony.
我已经告诉你所有你需要知道的事情
l’ve told you everything you need to know.
这不由你决定
That is hardly for you to decide.
格兰福特太太 请你直接回答我的问题 到底是或不是?
Madame Grandfort, will you please answer my questions, ”yes” or ”no”?
有些事情是不能用这种方式来回答的
Some questions cannot be answered that way.
好吧 我用另一种方式问你 我来帮你
Well, l’ll try to rephrase it. l’ll try to help you.
你和被告是否有某种联♥系♥..
ls it true that you had an association with the accused…
这种联♥系♥你不希望被公开
…which you didn’t wish to become public knowledge?
你在曲解我的话 你根本没听我说
You’re twisting my words. You haven’t listened to me.
证人必须就事实回答
The witness will confine herself to answer as to the facts.
格兰福特夫人 让我重复一下对你我之前的问题的回答
Madame Grandfort, let me repeat your answer to my earlier question.
你说你在战前和被告相爱过 我说得对不对?
You said that you were in love with the accused before the war. Am l right?
对的
Yes.
当你和格兰福特先生结婚时…
Then were you in love with him…
你还爱着他吗?
…at the time of your marriage to Monsieur Grandfort?
-庭上 我反对 -我拒绝回答
-l object, my lord. -l refuse to answer.
-你没有权利问这种问题 -反对无效
-You have no right. -Objection overruled.
我们有你签过字的关于你们的关系的证词
We have your signed testimony as to your relationship.
你希望当庭宣读你的证词么?
Do you wish that testimony read to this court?
那么在你和格兰福特先生结婚时…
Then were you in love with the accused…
你还爱着被告吗?
…at the time of your marriage to Monsieur Grandfort?
是的
Yes.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!