谢谢
Thank you.
-可以开始吗? -好的 格兰福特太太–
-May we begin, please? -Well, Madame Grandfort–
你想知道什么?
What do you wish to know?
你和洛根神父在今天早上九点的渡轮上见面并且交谈过?
You met and talked with Father Logan on the 9:00 ferry.
-是的 -我可以知道你们见面的理由吗?
-Yes. -May l ask the reason for this meeting?
我不认为会面的理由对你有帮助
l don’t think the reason could help you, inspector.
-是私人原因? -不错
-lt was personal? -Yes.
很好
Very well.
在维莱特被杀的第二天早上你也和洛根神父见面并且交谈过
You also met and spoke with Father Logan on the morning following Villette’s murder.
就在维莱特家前交谈
You met and spoke to him immediately in front of Villette’s house.
-是的 -我可以问你们会面的理由吗?
-Yes. -May l ask the reason for that?
我和维莱特先生有约
l had an appointment with Monsieur Villette.
-他是你的律师吗? -不是
-He was your lawyer? -No.
洛根神父已经知道这件谋杀案了 因此阻止你进去?
Father Logan, knowing of the murder, stopped you from entering the house?
-是的 -当然 他不知道…
-Yes. -Of course, he did not know…
…你和维莱特先生有约
…you had an appointment with Monsieur Villette.
他知道 此前的晚上 我和洛根神父见过面
He did. The night before, l’d had an appointment with Father Logan.
我告诉他次日早上九点半我会和维莱特先生会面
l told him l was going to meet Monsieur Villette at 9:30 the following morning.
你在维莱特先生被杀当天晚上和洛根神父有见面?
You had an appointment with Father Logan the night Monsieur Villette was murdered?
-是的 -哪里?
-Yes. -Where?
-我们开着我的车转了转 -什么时侯
-We took a ride in my car. -What time?
在九点到十一点之间
Between 9 and 1 1 .
格兰福特太太
Madame Grandfort.
-时间你确定吗? -是的
-Are you sure of the time? -Oh, yes.
我回家时刚好过ll点 我先生早我五分钟到家
l got home just after 1 1 . My husband had come in five minutes before.
探长 她说得没错
That’s right, inspector.
你当然有告诉你先生你和洛根神父见过面吧?
You told your husband, of course, that you had just seen Father Logan?
不 我并没有告诉我先生
No, l did not tell my husband.
有什么特殊的理由你没有告诉你先生
Was there any particular reason why you shouldn’t have told him?
-是的 -探长 我拜托你
-Yes. -lnspector, l beg you.
你的问题太私人了
Consider if your line of questioning has to be so personal.
那要由我来定决定 神父
That is for me to decide, Father.
-格兰福特太太 -是
-Madame Grandfort? -Yes?
-你应该了解我必须问你这些问题 -是的
-You understand l must ask these questions. -Yes.
我来就是要告诉你洛根神父不可能和谋杀案有关系
l came to tell that you Father Logan could not have been involved in Villette’s death.
案发时我跟他在一起
l was with him at the time.
我相信你说的一切 夫人
l have accepted everything that you have said, madame.
但是我必须知道 如果可能的话 你和维莱特先生会面的原因
But l must know, if possible, the reason for your appointment with Monsieur Villette.
维莱特先生勒索我
Monsieur Villette was blackmailing me.
我见洛根神父征求他的意见
l had met Father Logan to ask his advice.
你没有向你先生提起这件事?
You hadn’t told your husband about this?
-这件事… -是什么 夫人
-lt was– -lt was what, madame?
这件事和我的先生没有关系
lt was nothing to do with my husband.
-他当然会很关系 -是 你瞧 就是那样
-Surely he would have been concerned. -Yes. You see, that was it.
-我不想让他担心 -因此你就向洛根神父求助
-l didn’t want to worry him. -So you turned to Father Logan.
-是的 -洛根神父是你教区里的神父吗?
-Yes. -ls Father Logan your parish priest?
-不是 -不是?
-No. -No?
但你却向他而不是你先生寻求建议
Yet you turned to him for advice when you wouldn’t turn to your husband.
-洛根神父是我的老朋友 -他建议你告诉你先生?
-Father Logan is an old friend. -And he advised you to tell your husband.
没有 洛根神父怎么会? 他不会这样做
No, how could he? He couldn’t do that.
在你第一次和洛根神父见面以前…
Before your first appointment with Father Logan…
…他知道你被人勒索?
…he knew you were being blackmailed?
他怎么会? 我们已经多年没见面了
Oh, how could he? l hadn’t seen him in years.
你和他多年没见面, 但你说你们是多年老友
You hadn’t seen him in years, and yet you say he was an old friend.
拉鲁先生
Mr. Larrue.
-探长 -是 先生?
-lnspector? -Yes, sir?
内人不需要回答这些问题
My wife doesn’t have to answer those questions.
她并没有宣誓
She’s not under oath.
有人在维莱特家外面看到你太太和洛根神父在一起
Your wife was seen outside Villette’s house with Father Logan.
今天早上又有人看到他们在一起
She was seen this morning with Father Logan.
她告诉我们她和洛根神父见过面 而会面正好发生在…
She told us of an appointment with him that took place…
…维莱特先生被谋杀的那个晚上
…the night Monsieur Villette was murdered.
当然 格兰福特先生 你不希望你太太和本案有进一步的牵连
Surely, Monsieur Grandfort, you do not want your wife to implicate herself further.
是你一直在试图牵连她
lt is you who are trying to implicate her.
我太太来这里是回答问题并尽可能的澄清…
My wife came here to answer questions and to clear, as far as possible…
…洛根神父的嫌疑 她已经做了这两件事情
…Father Logan of any suspicions. She has done both of those things.
格兰福特太太 你为什么被勒索?
Madame Grandfort, why were you being blackmailed?
你没有必要回答
You don’t need to answer that.
为什么她不应该 神父?
Why shouldn’t she, Father?
-你担心什么? -没有必要 不要回答
-What are you afraid of? -lt isn’t necessary. Don’t answer.
格兰福特太太 你要包庇洛根神父吗?
Madame Grandfort, are you trying to protect Father Logan?
包庇什么? 他什么都没做
From what? He hasn’t done anything.
看起来是像干了什么
lt would seem as if he had.
你是人吗 探长?
Are you a human being, inspector?
你认为我告诉你…
You think it’s important for me to tell you…
为什么我被勒索很重要
…why l was being blackmailed.
你不在乎我会伤害到谁 只要我回答你的问题
You don’t care whom l hurt, just so long as l answer all your questions.
-我只想早日澄清谋杀案 -是的 我知道
-l only want to clear a murder. -Yes, l know.
你只想一切被澄清
You only want everything clear.
我要替洛根神父澄清
And l want to clear Father Logan.
-罗丝 -威利
-Ruth. -Willy.
替我倒杯水 好吗?
May l have a glass of water, please?
罗丝
Ruth.
皮埃尔 你为什么一定要听我要说的
Pierre, why must you hear what l’m going to say?
谢谢你 威利 探长…
Thank you, Willy. lnspector…
勒索是有关我和洛根神父
…the blackmail was about me and Father Logan.
洛根神父和我青梅竹马
Father Logan and l grew up together.
你曾经年轻过吗?
Have you ever been young, inspector?
当然 你知道第一件事就是坠入情网
Of course, you know that the first thing is to fall in love.
如果我们早一点订婚 就不会发生这种事了…
lf we’d been engaged, it wouldn’t have mattered…
…因为战争爆发了 他第一批自愿从军
…because the war came. He was one of the first to volunteer.
我恨他这样做
I hated him for that.
我那时很自私
I was selfish even then.
他对每件事都很认真
He took things so seriously.
战争 和爱情
War. And love.
是的 甚至爱情
Yes, even love.
因为当我说我们应该结婚时…
Because when I said we ought to get married…
…他说寡妇已经太多了
…he said there were enough widows already.
他说他太爱我了
He said he loved me too much.
他却不晓得他再怎样爱我还是不够的
He didn’t know he could never love me enough.
当天晚上 我们去跳舞
That night, we went dancing.
那是我们在一起的最后一夜
It was our last evening together.
相聚总是短暂的
It was all too short.
迈克那天晚上出发了
That was the night Michael went away.
我以为世界末日到了
I thought the world was coming to an end.
我猜那天晚上有许多的人都有同样的感觉
I suppose there were millions of people feeling the same way that night.
你不会想许多人
You don’t think of millions of people.
你想你自己…
You think of yourself…
…和你爱的人
…and the one you’re in love with.
他叫我不要等他
He asked me not to wait for him.
一定有许多其他的男孩子跟他们的女朋友说同样的话
A lot of other boys must’ve said the same thing to their girls.
我要等他
I had to wait for him.
起初他的信很长 但总是很严肃
His letters were long at first, but always serious.
我不喜欢严肃的信…
I didn’t want serious letters…
…但总比没有信要好
…but I would prefer those to no letters at all.
因为…
Because…
..过了不久
…after a while…
…他就不再写信了
…he stopped writing.
很快…
Soon afterward…
…我开始为我后来的先生工作
…I started working for my future husband.
皮埃尔那时…
Pierre was….
皮埃尔那时…
Pierre was….
格兰福特太太 也许如果你无法继续…
Madame Grandfort, perhaps if you are unable to continue–
没关系,我..
lt’s all right. l–
对不起
l’m sorry.
皮埃尔一向都很聪明
Pierre was always so brilliant.
他很亲切
He was kind.
他知道我不快乐
He realized I was unhappy.
就像善良的人一样…
And like very kind people…
…他没有问为什么 他只是努力让我开心
…he didn’t ask me why. He just tried to amuse me.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!