You know, like Never mind.
就是像个…算了
I’m a grownup.
我是个成年人
I didn’t say that.
我没说你不是
You think what they think.
你和他们想法一样
You’re my lawyer, and you think what they think?
你是我律师,却和他们想法一样
I don’t have a chance.
我没胜算
I think… you deserve a fair trial.
我觉得你应该公平受审
Do you think what they think?
你和他们想法一样?
Sam can’t order food or Sam can’t pay a check.
山姆不会点菜,不会付帐
Sam can’t take care of Lucy?
山姆不会照顾露西
It doesn’t matter what I think. It matters that we win.
我怎么想无所谓,只要胜诉
It matters what you think.
你怎么想很重要
It doesn’t matter to them what I think.
他们不在乎我怎么想
It matters to me!
我在乎啊
It matters to me!
我在乎啊
14美元33分,就是…$14.33.
That’s five ones…
五个一块钱
Two quarters.
两个两毛五
14美元33分14.33.
Five ones and two quarters.
五个一块钱和两个两毛五
And 17 cents less than 20.
比20美元少17分
(露西)
Dr. Blake,
布雷克医生…
what would you say kept you going…
是什么样的动力
the 12 years you were in medical school?
让你念了十二年的医学院?
Caffeine and doughnuts…
咖♥啡♥因♥、甜甜圈
and my mother’s belief in me.
还有家母对我的信心
I wish I had a mother like that.
真希望我妈也能那样
She must have been smart.
她一定很聪明
She had great instincts.
她直觉很强
Do you happen to know what her l.Q. was?
你知不知道她智商多少?
In the lower ranges. About 70.
稍低,大约七十
So your mother…
七十
this woman who had the mind of a 9 year old…
你母亲的心智相当于九岁小孩
had the wisdom to recognize you would be a great doctor.
却有智慧让你成为好医生
Yes
是啊
Yes. I can’t say it was always easy…
过程未必顺遂
but she taught me the things they can’t teach.
但她教了我在校学不到的事
Patience and compassion.
耐心和同情
Traits most doctors have in spades.
多数医生的必备条件
Mr. Dawson.
道森先生
You’ve become a wonderful girl…
你长成了好女孩
and we’re proud of you.
我们以你为傲
Lucy will be,
露西也会
too. She’ll be wonderful.
她会长成好女孩
He’s very enthusiastic.
他非常热情
Thank you, Doctor.
谢谢,没别的问题了
No further questions. Come on, come on.
过来
How’d you get through medical school? Where’d you live?
你如何念完医学院?住哪儿?
We lived with my mother’s parents.
和我妈的父母住
Grandma and Grandpa.
外公和外婆
Yes.
是的
Would it be fair to say that Grandma and Grandpa… were of normal intelligence?
外公和外婆的智力正常吗?
Yes
是的
And so, would it be fair to say… that Grandma and Grandpa of normal intelligence…
实际抚养你的是外公和外婆吗?
had the real responsibilities? Objection.
抗♥议♥,听说泰纳先生也和岳母住
Mr. Turner’s mother in law lives with him.
她想必也帮忙
Motion to strike. Irrelevant, immaterial, and immature.
请求忽略,无关、不重要、幼稚
I warn you, Ms. Harrison… stick to the relevant issues of the case.
我警告过你,哈里逊小姐,别离题
Your Honor, the relevancy is that every parent…
每位父母都有权请求外援
has a right to a support system. I’m not talking about the rights of the parents. I’m talking about the rights of the child.
我指的不是父母,而是儿童权利
Please let the record show
请记录…
Excuse me. Your Honor…
庭上,要把八岁小孩的福利
I’m talking about entrusting an 8 year old’s welfare… in the hands of someone whose record shows…
托交给被诊断出自闭倾向
has been diagnosed with autistic tendencies…
和心智障碍的人手中…
It is clear that one’s intellectual capacity… has no bearing on their ability to love.
智力显然与爱人的能力无关
Your Honor, would you please instruct counsel… to proceed with a modicum of sensitivity?
庭上,请指示对方律师厚道一点
I’m very sensitive…
我很厚道,特别是看到你这种人
Ms. Harison
哈里逊小姐,请上前来
My mother raised me Tearing apart a family is truly noble work, Mr. Turner.
泰纳先生,拆散家庭就很厚道?
That’s enough.
够了
This is an award for you at some luncheon… but I’m here every day.
这只是你的消遣,但我每天来
You win, you’re out the door.
你胜诉就走人
You know who I see come back? The child.
但谁会再来?那个小孩
Only this time, it’s too late.
再来就为时已晚
So am I sensitive?
我厚道吗?
Yeah, I’m a little sensitive.
对,我还算厚道
You can’t even touch that area.
你无法想见
Your Honor, please let the record show…
庭上…
my mother raised me. John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt His name is my name, too
请记录我是母亲抚养长大的
Excuse me. Time is up.
抱歉,时间到了
Please, just a little more.
拜托再等一下
No. I have another case at 2:30.
不行,两点半还有另一个案件
I need to go to the bathroom.
我要上洗手间
Daddy!
爸?
Daddy! She said we could go to the park.
爸,她说我们可以去公园
What happened? What made her change her mind?
怎么回事?她改变心意?
I started crying in the bathroom…
我在厕所里哭,她答应再等一下
so she thought we needed more time.
走吧
There’s the park.
公园在那里
Let’s not get off. Let’s keep going.
别下车,继续坐
No, Lucy, that would be wrong.
露西,这样不对
Tamara’s mommy lost her case…
塔玛拉的妈妈败诉了
and she hasn’t seen her in six years.
她们六年没见
She had five different mommies,
她换了五个妈妈
and one of them hit her.
其中一个还打她
I would never let that happen to you.
我绝不会让你受伤害
That’s what her real mommy said…
她亲生妈妈也这么说
and now they won’t even let her talk to her.
结果连话都不能说
Daddy.
爸,求求你
It’s the only way to be together.
这样我们才能在一起
We’ll start a new life…
我们重新生活,改名换姓
get new names, live in a new apartment… and they’ll never find us.
住新公♥寓♥,让他们找不到
That’s Rita. Hi!
她就是莉塔
It’s 3:00 in the morning. Hi!
现在是凌晨三点
What were you thinking?
你在想什么?
What were you possibly thinking?
到底在想什么?
I wanted to be with Lucy.
我想和露西在一起
That’s ridiculous!
真荒唐
Willy, stay here with me.
威利,别乱跑
What could you possibly gain by kidnapping your kid…
在监护调查庭期间
in the middle of a custody hearing?
绑♥架♥小孩有用吗?
Lucy told me
露西说塔玛拉…
I don’t want to hear it! Can you possibly explain this to me?
我不想听,你可不可以搞清楚
Who is the goddamn parent?
谁才是大人?
Me.
是我
Willy, stay in the hallway.
威利,别乱跑
I am deeply disturbed by this.
这件事令我很生气
Lucy, I would have expected more from you.
露西,你不该这样
I can imagine what you’re thinking…
你的想法我能理解,但请问你…
but I ask you this What parent in their right mind…
正常父母看见小孩受苦
seeing their child’s pain, their yearning for contact…
难道不会渴望前去安慰吗?
wouldn’t take them in an effort to comfort them?
请谅解
You need to understand…
有件事非常重要…
something very important about the father Yes, and if I were you…
对,换作是我…
I’d look at my conscience long and hard… before I tried to use this in court.
我在呈堂供述前会先扪心自问
Is that a threat?
你在威胁我?
No! It’s…
没有,这是…
a plea.
恳求
Give him a break.
饶了他吧
Just give him one goddamn break.
请你饶了他
Lucy, say your good byes. It’s time to go.