露西,说再见,该走了
Willy, it’s time to go home.
威利,该回家了
Willy
威利?
Goddamn it, Willy!
威利!真是的!
Please don’t fire us.
请你别开除我们
It was all my idea.
都是我的主意
Please don’t.
求求你
Please.
求求你
Raise your right hand.
举起右手
Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth…
请发誓所言均属实
and nothing but the truth, so help you God?
绝无虚言,愿上帝保佑你
So help me God.
愿上帝保佑我
I heard you turned seven this year.
听说你今年满七岁
That’s pretty exciting.
真令人兴奋
Everybody gets older. It’s not that big a deal.
每个人都会老,没啥大不了
What’d you get for your birthday?
你收到什么生日礼物?
I haven’t opened my presents yet.
我还没拆开
Really? That’s odd. Why?
是吗?好奇怪,为什么?
Actually, I opened my presents. I got the “Help” album, limited edition.
我拆了,是披头西的限♥量♥专辑
I’m sorry. I’m very confused.
抱歉,我搞不清楚了
I thought you didn’t open your presents…
你不是还没拆礼物
because you ran away from your own party…
因为你从庆生会上跑掉了?
because your best friend told everyone…
朋友说你自称是被领养来的?
Why would your friend say that?
那你朋友为什么会这样说?
Kids lie all the time.
小孩常撒谎
Remember you’re under oath.
露西,记住你发了誓
I know.
我知道
And you know what that means?
你懂这个意思吗?
I do.
我知道
Now that we have all agreed to tell the truth…
讲好了要说实话
where were you sleeping last night?
你昨晚睡哪儿?
In my bed at the foster home.
在寄养家庭的床上
If you’re not going to tell the truth, I am.
露西,你不说实话,我要说了
Your dad kidnapped you last night.
你♥爸♥昨晚绑♥架♥你
Objection. Kidnapped?
抗♥议♥,绑♥架♥?
Sustained.
抗♥议♥成立
Young lady, you have to tell the truth.
你一定要说实话
You’re lying because you’re afraid.
你是因为害怕才撒谎
Objection. He’s putting words in her mouth.
抗♥议♥,他无中生有
Sustained.
抗♥议♥成立
Please limit yourself to questions, Mr. Turner.
请发问就好,泰纳先生
You have to tell the truth.
你一定要说实话
Lucy, are you afraid to tell the truth…
你是怕说实话
because you’ll hurt your Daddy’s feelings?
会伤了爸爸的感情?
Daddy’s right here. You can tell the truth.
爸爸在这里,说实话吧
Isn’t it true that very deep down inside…
在你的内心深处
you know you need much more than your daddy can give you?
爸爸是不是无法满足你的需求?
All you need is love.
我只需要爱
Where did she go?
她上哪儿去了?
Please, God.
求求您,上帝
Please, God.
求求您,上帝
Please, God.
求求您,上帝
These responsibilities include… busing tables, replenishing the Sweet ‘n Lows…
他的工作包括整理桌面、加代糖
sweeping up the place?
还有扫地
Yes
是的
Because he doesn’t have the mental capacity…
他心智障碍,无法担任收银员
to run a cash register or even make a cup of coffee.
也不会煮咖啡
As a matter of fact…
其实我正在和山姆讨论
Sam and I were discussing a promotion…we were going to put into effect next week.
下星期要替他升迁
Hooray for me!
万岁!
Thank you, George.
谢谢你,乔治
Thank you, George. That’s very nice.
谢谢你,乔治,好极了
After eight years, Sam can make a cup of coffee…
过了八年山姆终于能煮咖啡
and he can certainly help Lucy with her geometry.
还能教露西几何学
Objection.
抗♥议♥
And when I ask another question…
我再发问…
I answer in one sentence.
我用一句话回答
Short and sweet.
简短扼要
Yes. One sentence. Short and sweet.
一句话,简短扼要
Tim Curry was a sweet transvestite…
提姆柯利在”洛基恐怖秀”
in “The Rocky Horror Picture Show.”
男扮女装
Let’s try one word.
改用一个字回答吧
Annie!
安妮!
You’re here!
你来了
You’re here!
你来了
Susan Sarandon is also one of my favorite actresses.
苏珊莎兰登是我最爱的女演员…
Besides being Lucy’s godmother…
你是露西的干妈
aren’t you also her piano teacher?
兼钢琴老师?
Yes.
是的
Annie plays the piano beautifully.
安妮很会弹钢琴
You really do, Annie.
很好听,安妮
Sam, it’s Annie’s turn now.
山姆,现在轮到安妮
Right
好吧
And didn’t you graduate magna cum laude…
你以优异成绩毕业于
from the Juillard School of Music?
茱莉亚音乐学院?
Summa cum laude.
成绩特优
Excuse me.
抱歉
Ms. Cassell, in all the time you’ve known them…
柯塞小姐,你认识他们这么久
have you ever questioned Sam’s ability as a father?
曾质疑山姆为人父亲的能力吗?
Never.
不曾
Never?
不曾?
Never.
不曾
Look at Lucy. She’s strong.
你看看露西,她很坚强
She displays true empathy for people…
悲天悯人,对各种人都一样
all kinds of people. I know that you all think… she’s as smart as she is despite him…
你们都觉得她比山姆聪明多了
but it’s because of him.
其实她是因为山姆才这么聪明
So, what you’re saying is… you don’t worry about Lucy’s future.
你不担心露西的未来?
No. I do. I…
我担心
I worry
我一直很担心
all the time.
我担心…
If they take Lucy away from her father…
若他们把露西带离父亲身边
they will take away an enormous piece of her…
她就会大受打击
and I worry that she will spend the rest of her life…
我担心她会穷其余生
trying to fill that hole.
拼命地想填补那个空缺
Thank you, Ms. Cassell.
谢谢你,柯塞小姐
No further questions.
没别的问题了
Thank you for coming here today, Annie.
谢谢你今天过来,安妮
You’re welcome, Sam.
不客气,山姆
Can Sam add?
山姆会加法吗?
Yes.
会啊
What about multiplication?
乘法呢?
He’s learning.
他正在学
What does that mean? He can’t multiply two times two?
什么意思?他连二乘二都不会?
I don’t know about you, Mr. Turner…
我不了解你,泰纳先生
but my memories of my parents… have nothing to do with the times table…
但我对父母的记忆不会影响我
or with state capitals.
背九九乘法表或各州首都
A truck ran into the state capital building…
卡车撞进了州政♥府♥大楼
and it went on fire on television.
在电视上起火燃烧
I saw that on the news with the reporter with the toupee…
那则新闻里有个记者戴假发
and Mr. Turner lost his toupee.
泰纳先生脱掉了假发
Thank you, Mr. Wali.
谢谢你,瓦利先生
I bet he’s knocking on your door…
他一天到晚敲你的门发问吧?
Let’s see. The last question…
最近的问题是…
was whether to use Biz or Clorox…
洗掉露西的足球制♥服♥上的草渍
to get the grass stains out of Lucy’s soccer uniform.
要用清洁剂或漂白水
Biz
清洁剂
Biz
清洁剂
Eventually, Lucy will go through puberty.
露西终究要进入青春期
How much insight or know how…
他有多少知识和见解
will he bring to those sensitive subjects… of a young girl’s development?
能应付小女生发育的问题?
I can only imagine how much… insight and sensitivity you yourself would bring…