this is the most direct, most effective treatment we can offer.
现如今 在专业受训人士的临床治疗当中…
But, today, in a clinical environment with a trained professional
-无意冒犯 帕森斯夫人 -没关系 医生
-No offense, Mrs. Parsons. -None taken, Doctor.
以及虔诚的女信徒
and women of religious orders.
多用于治疗那些寡妇…
who prescribed it most especially for widows
阴♥道♥按♥摩♥在十六世纪被皮特·范·福瑞斯特推广开来
Vulvar massage was popularized by Pieter Van Foreest in the 16th century,
不过你很快就能掌握的
but you’ll soon get the hang of it.
同时又轻揉你的腹部
and rubbing your tummy at the same time,
那力道好比轻敲你的脑袋
It’s a bit like patting your head
依然是轻柔的力度
still pressing gently.
慢慢地做圆周运动
slowly in a circular motion,
然后慢慢地…
and slowly,
力度轻柔
Applying gentle pressure,
先从食指开始
Now, you begin with the index finger.
噢…
Ooh…
好了 医生 早准备好了
Yes. Yes, Doctor. Quite ready.
准备好了吗 帕森斯夫人
Now, are you ready, Mrs. Parsons?
适量
A good dollop.
接着是百合精油
followed by oil of lilies.
先倒一滴麝香精油…
with a drop of musk oil,
现在 准备开始…
Now, I like to begin
不过 我倾向于…更直接的疗法
but I favour a more direct approach.
甚至还有骑马
horseback riding, even,
以及催眠术
mesmerisation,
像是温水浴 冰浴 水注疗法
warm baths, ice baths, water jets,
提供的都是些疗效甚微的治疗方法
a veritable smorgasbord of treatments:
医疗机构为患有歇斯底里症的女性…
the medical establishment has offered hysterical women
有史以来…
Throughout history,
好的
Yes.
整个星期都为之前说过的症状所困扰
I’ve been having those distracting thoughts we discussed all week.
是的 相当焦虑 医生
Yes, quite anxious, Doctor.
还觉得焦虑吗
Still feeling anxious?
今天感觉如何 帕森斯夫人
And how are we this morning, Mrs. Parsons?
留意那苍白的脸色
Notice the general pallor.
医生…
Doctor.
很高兴见到您 帕森斯夫人
Very pleased to meet you, Mrs. Parsons.
今天上午将由他来协助我
He’ll be assisting me this morning.
这位是格兰维尔医生
This is Dr. Granville.
早上好 医生
Oh, good morning, Doctor.
早上好 帕森斯夫人
Morning, Mrs. Parsons.
为能致电女王干杯
To calling the Queen on the telephone.
-为电♥话♥干杯 -为女王干杯
-To the telephone. -To the Queen.
尤其是耗在与电力学相关的东西上
Especially if it has anything to do with the science of electricity.
肆意挥霍时间与金钱
and supreme waster of time and money.
不时喝个烂醉 成天寻花问柳
sometime drunkard, full-time sexual deviant,
是个资助者 可悲的学生
benefactor, miserable student,
单身汉
bachelor,
埃德蒙·圣·约翰史密斯
Edmund St. John Smythe:
而现如今 要亲手解决中老年妇女的焦虑问题
and now, hand-maid to anxious, middle-aged women.
近来 成了为穷♥人♥治病的有远见的医生
most recently a visionary doctor to the poor,
莫蒂默·格兰维尔医生
once a brilliant student,
来干一杯吧 曾经的高材生
A toast, then. To the end of Dr. Mortimer Granville,
噢 我明白了
Oh, I see.
噢 我在杂♥志♥上看到的
Oh, I’ve read it in a magazine.
你又知道
And you know this, because?
逗她们开心 满足她们的欲求 那才是女人想要的
A few laughs. Stiff prick. That’s all a girl wants.
你想多了
Overrated.
收入不菲 门当户对
Better income. Social equal.
噢 年轻英俊的医生 一个女人还有何求
A handsome, young doctor. What more could a woman ask?
我高攀不起
I haven’t a hope.
集英式美德与…女人味为一身
The epitome of English virtue and…womanliness.
噢 埃德蒙 她很美
Oh, Edmund, she is magnificent.
不过什么
But what?
我只见过她一面 不过…
I only met her briefly, but…
名叫艾米丽·达尔林普尔
Emily Dalrymple.
她是他女儿
She’s his daughter.
嗯
Hmm?
什么
What?
她是谁
Who is she?
其实 还挺期待的
Quite looking forward to it, actually.
x7f明天
Tomorrow.
什么时候开始上班
When do you start?
真可怕
how ghastly for you.
噢 天呐
Oh, God,
那儿获得一份工作
leading specialist in women’s medicine.
我刚从伦敦顶尖的妇科医生
I have just been offered a position by London’s
那个…
Well,
也对
Right.
我不知道 不过要是人手一部的话…
I have no idea, but imagine if everyone had one.
你觉得这会流行起来吗
Do you think they’ll catch on?
但我们却能即时通话
yet we’re able to speak to each other instantaneously.
我人在格罗夫纳广场 与他相隔好几英里
Here I am in Grosvenor Square; he’s miles away,
既然没什么好说的 那也就没什么价值
Nothing to value if you have nothing to speak about.
没怎样 我又不了解那工作
Nothing. I don’t even know the chap.
怎么样
What about?
而他住在伦敦的另一边
on the other side of London.
你知道吗 我刚跟一个律师通过话
Do you realize? I have been speaking to a barrister
听起来不错 好吧 祝好 再会
Sounds thrilling. Very well, carry on, then. Goodbye.
你在那边怎么样
How are things going over there?
而他们能替我接通的只有你 哈哈
You’re the only person they could connect me to.
我刚装了这台电♥话♥ 想试一试
I’ve installed this telephone and I wanted to test it.
不 我不在电♥话♥交换台工作 是这样的…
No, I don’t work at the telephone exchange. You see,
我是埃德蒙·圣·约翰史密斯
This is Edmund St. John Smythe.
没错
Yes.
现在能听见我说话吗
Can you hear me now?
能听见我说话吗
Can you hear me?
是斯坦顿先生啊 哈
Mr. Stanton, huh?
请问您是哪位
Who is this, please?
您是哪位
Who is this?
喂
Ahoy?
喂
Ahoy?
您注定会声名远扬的
you are destined for fame.
无论您是否追求名誉 格兰维尔医生
Whether you seek it or not, Dr. Granville,
我向您保证 您的血栓影响着您的未来
And I can assure you, your thrombus is the key to your future.
我可不想恶名远扬
I have no ambition for notoriety.
但想必您误读我了 我不过是名小医生
I must complain that you’ve misread me. I am but a simple doctor.
虽然我非常尊重您的理论 达尔林普尔小姐
While I have the utmost respect for your method, Miss Dalrymple,
没有 没有…
No, no, no…
是名扬四海的征兆
It augurs fame.
什么…硬血栓
Sorry? Rigid thrombus?
硬血栓
Rigid thrombus?
明显又突兀 让我很意外
so jutting and prominent. It startled me.
您的…您的血栓…太硬了
Well, your… your thrombus is so… rigid;
只是…
It’s just…
-噢 抱歉 -怎么了
-Oh, I’m so sorry! -What?
噢
Oh!
还有呢 还有呢
What else? What else?
呃…这个…是的
Umm… well…
医生 您是个极富同情心的人 对吧
Doctor, you’re quite sympathetic, aren’t you?
而且您乳突的部分…非常明显
And your mastoid is… is very well-pronounced.
我就知道
I knew it. I knew it.
他是个拥有非凡智慧的人
He is a man of great wisdom.
灵气
Nimbus?
是我测过最有灵气 最完美的
perfectly-formed nimbus I’ve ever felt.
格兰维尔医生 您的颅骨结构
Dr. Granville, you have the most
天啊…
Why,
请吧
Please.
相信会很有意思
It would be most convivial.
不如给我们这位年轻的怀疑者…现场证明一下
I think a demonstration is in order for our young skeptic.
我无意冒犯…
I didn’t mean to imply that…
当然只有受训的人才能读懂