What name would you give to the three RSUs now?
你们想给这三个装置起啥名呢
Larry, Curly and Moe!
拉里 科里和莫
Okay, you guys know the drill, let’s remove COSTAR.
好了 各位都知道该怎么做 开始拆COSTAR吧
Coming out slow.
慢慢取出
We use lots of tethers,
我们用了很多挂绳
tethers for everything, because stuff in space floats.
可以挂很多东西 因为太空里都是飘着的
You don’t wanna lose your stuff.
你肯定不想把东西弄丢
And you don’t wanna lose yourself either.
也不想把自己弄丢
This is a lot tighter than– Heh.
这个比COSTAR
COSTAR’s, I think, the tightest instrument.
紧凑多了 我觉得是最紧凑的仪器
We’re really dependent on our spacesuit to keep us alive.
我们真的是在靠太空服维持生命
We don’t wanna get a rip or a tear in our suit
我们可不想衣服上破个洞撕个口子
because outside of our spacesuit is space,
因为太空服外面就是太空
and in space there’s no air.
太空里是没有空气的
There’s nothing to keep us alive.
无法维持我们的生命
And the part of our suit that’s most vulnerable is our gloves.
太空服最不结实的地方就是手套
Drew, I have a warning for you.
德鲁 提醒你一下
There’s a possible finger pinch hazard
在往底部固定装置上
when you’re stowing COSTAR in the aft fixture, so be careful.
安装COSTAR的时候可能会夹到手 所以要小心
Thanks, Mike.
多谢了 迈克
You’re stuck inside of that suit.
你只能待在太空服里
It’s not quite Barneys New York.
这衣服不是在巴尼斯纽约精品店买♥♥的
It’s good, but it doesn’t come with its own restroom or cafeteria.
虽然质量不错 可惜不自带卫生间和餐厅
Continue down.
继续向下
Copy, continuing down.
收到 继续向下
Top down, and left.
头冲下 再向左
Well, I just finished shooting an IMAX scene,
我刚刚拍完一个IMAX场景
and so I’m done with that.
不想再拍了
So I wanna get a little exercise in
所以我要在拍下一个场景之前
before I shoot my next scene,
做点运动
so this is a little stress relief here on the middeck.
算是在船舱里稍微缓解一下压力吧
Most of Hubble’s instruments
哈勃望远镜的多数仪器
were designed for repair in space.
在设计之初就考虑了空间维修
But not the Advanced Camera for Surveys.
但高级巡天相机是个例外
When its power supply failed,
当电池耗尽时
the only hope
唯一的方法
was to remove and replace fragile circuit boards inside the camera.
就是拆除更换相机里脆弱的电路板
They were held captive by dozens of tiny screws.
由几十个小螺丝固定着
For John and Drew,
对约翰和德鲁来说
it’s like performing brain surgery with oven mitts.
这就像带着烤盘大手套做颅脑手术
It takes all the focus I can muster.
我必须全神贯注
I have 32 tiny screws to remove.
有32个小螺丝需要拆掉
Number 3 is out. Copy, Number 3.
三号♥螺丝取下来了 收到 三号♥完毕
And so I have a Zen approach to doing the task
所以我有如参禅般地进行着这项任务
where I only think about the one specific task that I’m doing,
我脑子里只能想我在做的这件事
the one specific screw.
这颗螺丝
And when that screw’s out,
等这颗拧下来了
I move to the next screw.
我再处理下一颗
Number 5 is out.
五号♥螺丝取出来了
Okay, copy.
好的 收到
And eventually I’ll get to the last one,
终于 我取下了最后一颗螺丝
and then I’ll be done.
全部完成了
There’s no point thinking about how many screws I have ahead
不管是去想我还有多少螺丝要取 还是我取下了
or how many I’ve completed, it’ll just be the one screw.
多少螺丝 都是没有意义的 我只想这一颗螺丝
Number 11 is out. Copy, 11. Great.
11号♥也取下来了 收到 11号♥ 很好
Removing the razor-sharp circuit boards
拆除这些边缘锋利的电路板
is a dangerous business.
是个危险的差事
We learned what to avoid touching
他们告诉我们要避免触碰
because if you make a significant cut in your glove through the bladder,
因为一旦你在气囊上切开了一个大口子
the oxygen will leak out of your suit and you will die.
氧气就会从太空服里泄露 你就死定了
Card 1 is out. That looks great, John. Nice job.
1号♥板取出来了 好极了 约翰 干得好
Somehow I don’t think brain surgeons
不知怎么 我觉得颅脑外科医生
go “yahoo!” when they pull something out.
在他们切除什么东西的时候不会欢呼
When they came in,
回来的时候
they were tired, they were exhausted, thirsty,
他们又累又倦又渴
but they were getting out of their suits with a sense of accomplishment.
但他们依然带着成就感在脱太空服
Now the sad news was that once they relaxed for,
现在坏消息就是 一旦他们歇了
oh, about five seconds,
差不多五秒钟
we had to put them back to work,
我们又得让他们继续工作
getting everything ready for the next day.
为明天做好准备
Drew, what are you doing? I’m using the tape.
德鲁 你在干嘛 我在用胶带
Is there a reason why you have sunglasses on in the middeck
你为什么要在船舱里戴墨镜呢
where there’s no sun?
现在又没有太阳
‘Cause they look cool.
因为看起来很有型啊
Ah. That’s my man.
不错 确实很有型
On Day Seven,
第七天
Mass and Bueno run into a big problem.
马斯和布恩诺遇上了大♥麻♥烦
Doesn’t look good, Drew.
看起来不妙啊 德鲁
Before we can do any of this, all this fancy stuff,
在我们弄这些先进玩意儿之前
we had to get off this big handrail that was in the way.
得把这个挡道的大扶手给拆了
I don’t think it’s coming out.
我觉得拆不下来
It was a night pass.
夜幕降临
It was dark out which added to the trauma.
黑夜起到了雪上加霜的效果
It seemed kind of cold and lonely out there.
外面寒冷而萧疏
I couldn’t wake up out of this nightmare that was occurring.
这样的噩梦我却无法醒过来
After hours of failed attempts,
在几个小时努力未果之后
the flight controllers finally tell them,
飞行指挥官最后命令他们
“Just break it off.”
“强行拆除”
Think we’re gonna be able to get this, Drew?
你觉得这个我们能搞定吗 德鲁
I do actually. I think once he busts off the handrail,
我相信能 我相信只要拆掉了这个扶手
the rest is gonna go smooth as silk.
剩下的任务将易如反掌
Okay, Mass. Here we go.
行了 马斯 好的
It’s off!
拆下来了
Easy, easy, Mike. Just real easy, okay?
慢点儿 慢点儿 迈克 别着急好吗
There we go. I got it.
给你 好的
Looked like it all stayed intact with the tape.
看起来用胶带粘着还是很完整的
Yeah, it did. I don’t think we even scattered any debris.
对 没错 我都觉得我们没有动过粗
I see STIS in front of me. Awesome.
前方看见STIS了 好极了
Now there’s lots of planets out there in other solar systems.
在其它太阳系里还有许多行星
One of the cool things about STIS
STIS最酷的功能
is it can analyze the atmospheres of those planets.
就是它能分♥析♥这些行星的大气
What everybody’s hoping is maybe we find something similar
大家都希望也许能找到某些
to what we have here on Earth.
和我们地球上一样的东西
And then we hit the jackpot.
那我们可就中大奖了
Guess what, it fits.
你猜怎么着 很合适
That’s awesome.
好极了
For Drew, it’s one more spacewalk to go.
对德鲁来说 只不过是再来一次太空行走
And Mass, I do have a tether.
马斯 我确实有根挂绳
In case it floats away.
防止它飘走
He and John are replacing a Fine Guidance Sensor.
他和约翰正在更换一台微调导航感应器
When it’s locked on a target,
当它锁定目标时
it will be like holding a laser beam steady on a dime
它好比能向200英里[320公里]外的一枚硬币上
that’s 200 miles away.
稳稳地投射一束激光
Is the mirror clean?
那镜子干净吗
Oh, yeah, the mirror’s clean. It’s very clean. Wow.
干净 这镜子很干净 非常干净 哇
What?
怎么了
This is an amazing view of Hawaii.
夏威夷的这番景致太美妙了
It has been said that in the process of going to the moon
有人说在登月的过程中
we discovered Earth.
我们才真正发现了地球
Seeing it from here,
从这个角度来看
you experience a new appreciation
你将会对我们生活的这个
for the perfect utopia we inhabit.
美丽的世界有全新的认识
Fantastic!
太美妙了
In all our searching,
在多年的搜寻中
we have yet to find another planet,
我们还没有发现另一个
that could nourish and protect us as it does.
能像地球这样让我们生存 保护我们的行星
In our future journeys away from our sheltering Earth,
在我们未来的探索地外世界的旅途中
we’ll need all the amazing skills and teamwork of this crew.
我们需要所有这些娴熟的技能和这个团队的倾力合作
The same courage and inventiveness that has restored Hubble
还有这些修复并完善哈勃望远镜的
to its full capacity and beyond.
勇气与创新