into the cooks or the drivers or the shit shovelers.
这完全没有必要
Your Honor, this is highly unnecessary.
但我拒绝被淘汰
But I refused to wash out.
阿奇也是这样 我是说 下地狱或登极点
So did Archer.I mean, come hell or high water.We hit the books.
我们决心
We were just determined…
不愿当奴仆错失光荣战役
that we were not going to spend the war being some niggers.
够了 少尉
That’s enough, Lieutenant. You will take your seat.With all due respect, sir…
我尊重法庭 我要行使我的权利
I would like to exercise my right and address this court.
对法庭大声说
Now, I’ve been sitting down ever since I got here.
我到这里以后一直听命行事
And you know, I should have stood up and said something…
当你不把我们当军官安排 把我们扔进士兵中时
the moment that you threw us in with the enlisted men…
我应该说点什么
instead of quartering us properly as officers.
但这没有什么
But it’s OK.
黑人都预料到
You see, colored men expect to have to jump…
在部队里得经过几关
through a few hoops in this man’s army.
阿奇明白 我们都明白
Archer knew that. We all did.
我的家乡美克旁边有个战俘营
There’s a camp right outside of Macon, where I’m from, and…
部队送了些德国战俘到那里
there the army sends the German POWs…
让他们摘棉花
puts them to work picking cotton.
但我们不时看到他们去市里
But what’s strange is every once in a while…we’d see them walking through town..
去看电影 下馆子
going to movies, eating in diners…
如果我也去看同样的电影
but if I wanted to go to those same movies…
我得坐在楼厅里
I had to sit way off in the balcony.
即使穿着军装 我们也无法进入那些饭馆
And those diners were closed to me even in uniform.
而德国战俘却能坐在里面吃喝
But German POWs were allowed to sit there and eat.
一半的塔基人都有这种经历
And this must have happened…to at least half the guys at Tuskegee.
但我们一直对自己说这没什么
But the thing is…we just kept telling ourselves that no matter what…
只要我们做好自己的工作 就非常值得
as long as we did our jobs, it’d all be worth it…
因为战争将会结束 我们能够回家
because hey, the war would end, we could go home…
自♥由♥地走在美国的大街上
and be free to walk down any street in America…
像个真正的人那样高昂着头
with our heads held high as men.
我们就是这样做的
So that’s what we did.
尽职尽忠
We did our jobs.
阿奇和我 我们为国孝忠 长官
We served our country, sir, Archer and I.
在他身上发生的事 经你许可在他身上发生的事
And what you let happen to him…what you allowed to happen to him…
叫人心寒啊
was appalling.
这里也是如此
And so is this.
不必拘束 少尉
At ease, Lieutenant.
他们对你怎么样
How are they treating you?
不比我营房♥的人差 长官
No worse than the men in my barracks, sir.
我可以再给你找条毯子
I can probably find you another blanket.
不用 我够了
No. I’m fine.
回头见
Good night.
秩序
New order, gentlemen.
在开始下一步之前 被告还没有说完
Before you proceed, Your Honor, the defense hasn’t rested yet.
还想传询最后一名证人
Still like to call one last witness.
被告传询奥斯一维赛
Defense calls Oberst Werner Visser.
这是个玩笑吧
This some kind of joke, Lieutenant?
长官 他是个重要证人
He’s material to our case, sir.
当然 除非上校拒绝出证
Unless, of course,the colonel refuses to testify.
他不拒绝
He does not.
你能告诉我们
Colonel, could you tell us…
你跟贝德福德的关系吗
the nature of your relationship with Vic Bedford?
很高兴回答 没有关系
I’ll be happy to.I didn’t have one.
上校 你的守卫呢
And what about your guards, Colonel?
比如 弗梭少校
Major Fussel, for instance?
你知道他关门后
Were you aware of his dealings with Vic Bedford…
与贝德福德的交易吗
at night after lockdown?
在兵营里根本不可能
That would be impossible in this camp, Lieutenant.
纪律禁止
Policy forbids.
还记得我们四天前
Do you remember the conversation we had…
在太平间的谈话吗
in the camp morgue 4 days ago?
大约记得
Vaguely.
我问你是否认识贝德福德
I asked you if you knew Vic Bedford…
你说“不认识 但我的守卫一定认识”
and you said, “No, but my guards certainly seem to.”
也许
Perhaps.
那么你是说
So, in your words…
没有卫兵跟贝德福德做交易
no guard ever traded with Vic Bedford…
而他却能获得棉靴 厚袜子
and yet he was able to acquire winter boots…
新鲜牛奶 无线电零件
thick socks, fresh milk, and parts for a hidden radio.
这些是不是事实
Isn’t that a fact?
中尉 我是基于礼貌才前来的
Lieutenant, I’m sitting here as a gesture of military courtesy.
如果你想把我说成骗子
If it is your intention to paint me as a liar…
不 上校
No, Colonel.
我想证实贝德福德
It is my intention to establish…
跟你的上校沃兹和弗梭
that Vic Bedford built up enough of a rapport…
制♥造♥了足够的证明
with your majors Wirtz and Fussel…
来陷害拉马一阿奇
to engage in the framing of Lamar Archer…
与他们一起阴谋杀害了阿奇
conspiring with them in the tent spike incident…which resulted in Archer’s death.
阿奇少尉在逃跑中被击毙
Lieutenant Archer was shot while attempting escape.
不 上校 阿奇少尉
No, Colonel.
是换取情报的牺牲品
Lieutenant Archer was executed in return for information.
阿奇死了
Archer dies.
五分钟之后
Five minutes later…
维赛上校和沃兹少校 进入22号♥兵营
Colonel Visser and Major Wirtz enter Barracks 22…
毁掉了暗藏的无线电
and destroy a hidden radio…
他们为此找了好几个月了
that they had been trying to locate for months.
你能告诉法庭 有关这些东西的事情吗
Can you tell the court anything about these items, sir?
身份证 一些钞票
Identification papers, some currency.
这有什么
What of them?
高质量的德国造身份证 和德国钞票
Perfect German-made I.D. Papers and reichsmarks.
高达2000马克
Two thousand of them.
多到足够游遍全德国
More than enough cash to make it through the country.
贝德福德把这些藏在他床头
Vic Bedford kept those in a stash beside his bunk.Again, can you tell the court…
你跟他是什么关系
the nature of your relationship with Vic Bedford?
我们没有关系 中尉
I did not have one, Lieutenant.
你想他会从哪里
Do you have any idea…
得到这些东西呢 长官
how he may have gotten these items, sir?
不是从你和你的卫兵那里
If they didn’t come from you…
又会从哪里来
and if he never had any dealings with your guards…
事实上 贝德福德
the fact is, Colonel…
与你和你的人经常做交易
Vic Bedford traded with you and your men regularly.
我反对
Objection, Your Honor!
一旦他对你无用了你就命令杀掉他
As soon as he came up dry on you, you ordered his murder.
哈特中尉
Lieutenant Hart…
我原本认为你推论精辟
I thought you tried marvelously…
来说明杀人犯用油烟涂脸
to establish that the killer had blackened his face with soot.
如果我的卫兵甚至我
Now, if any of my guards…
想杀害我的俘虏
or even I wanted to kill one of my prisoners…
在本案中是贝德福德
Vic Bedford in this case…
我们用得着涂黑我们的脸吗
we would hardly need to blacken our faces to do it.Would we?
走开 去那边 韦波
Move. In the corner, Webb.
上尉
Captain.
你看见了
You see?
德国♥军♥服 炸♥药♥
German uniforms, explosives.
是的 上尉 我看到了
Yes, Captain, I see.
审判斯格特根本只是个幌子
The trial’s got nothing to do with Lincoln Scott, does it?
对
No.
但必须这样做
It’s the way it had to go.
我们快没有时间了
We’re out of time, Hart.
明天这个戏院就不能用了
We lose this theater tomorrow.
我在分散德国人的注意力
Uh-huh, and I’m supposed to keep Visser and his men distracted…
一半的人逃跑时
while half the camp goes out.
是不是
Is that it, Captain?
我问错人了
I’m asking the wrong fucking guy.
我已经看到地道了 上校
I’ve just seen the tunnel, Colonel.
到这里来 中尉
In here, Lieutenant.
这里的一切都是谎言
Everything in this place is a lie.
一切
Everything.
天啊
Jesus Christ.
首先他告诉德国人无线电的事