I can’t be a wizard.
我只是哈利 只是个小男孩
I mean, I’m just Harry. Just Harry.
好吧 哈利 你生气或害怕的时候
Well, Just Harry, did you ever make anything happen?
有没有做出过你自己也无法解释的事情
Anything you couldn’t explain, when you were angry or scared?
亲爱的波特先生 很荣幸通知您
“Dear Mr. Potter, We are pleased to accept you
您已被霍格沃兹魔法学校录取
at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. ”
他才不会去
He will not be going I tell you!
在收留他的那天 我们就发誓要阻止这一切
We swore when we took him that we’d put a stop to all this rubbish.
你们知道 怎么从来没告诉过我
You knew? You knew all along and you never told me?
我们当然知道 你也是那种货色
Of course we knew. How could you not be?
就像我那姐姐一个样子
My perfect sister being who she was.
我爸妈在她收到信那天多么自豪
My mother and father were so proud the day she got her letter.
我们家出了个女巫 真是太棒了
“We have a witch in the family. Isn’t it wonderful?”
只有我才知道她的底细
I was the only one to see her for what she was.
她是个怪胎
A freak!
然后她认识了那个波特 又有了你
Then she met that Potter, and then she had you
我就知道你也是那种货色
and I knew you would be the same.
一样奇怪 也是怪胎
Just as strange, just as abnormal.
然后她就把自己炸死了 我们只能收留你
And then she went and got herself blown up, and we got landed with you.
炸死 你说我爸妈死于车祸
Blown up? You told me my parents died in a car crash.
什么车祸 车祸能杀了莉莉和詹姆斯吗
A car crash? A car crash killed Lily and James Potter?
-总得编个理由吧 -这是侮辱 这是诽谤
– We had to say something. – It’s an outrage! A scandal!
他才不会去呢
He’ll not be going.
你个大块头麻瓜想阻止吗
And I suppose a great Muggle like you is going to stop him, are you?
什么麻瓜
Muggle?
不会魔法的人 这孩子刚出生就注定要去
Non-magic folk. This boy’s had his name down since he were born.
他要去最好的魔法学校
He’s going to the finest school of witchcraft and wizardry.
现在的校长
He’ll be under the finest
是霍格沃兹有史以来最好的 阿布思·邓布利多
headmaster Hogwarts has seen, Albus Dumbledore.
我才不会付钱让一个老糊涂去教他变戏法呢
I will not pay to have a crackpot old fool teach him magic tricks.
不许你在我面前
Never insult Albus Dumbledore
侮辱邓布利多
in front of me.
请不要告诉霍格沃兹的任何人
I’d appreciate it if you didn’t tell anyone at Hogwarts about that.
-他们禁止我使用魔法 -没问题
– I’m not allowed to do magic. – Okay.
我们要迟到了 得快走
We’re a bit behind schedule. Best be off.
当然了 除非你想留在这
Unless you’d rather stay, of course.
第一年新生需要准备 三件长袍
First years will require three sets of work robes
一根魔杖
one wand. ”
基础装备 哈利
Essential bit of equipment, Harry.
一双龙皮手套
One pair of dragon hide gloves.
是真的龙皮做的吗
Hagrid, do they mean from a real dragon?
不是肯定企鹅的皮 是吧
They don’t mean a penguin, do they?
-哎 真想养一条龙啊 -你想养龙
– Crikey. I’d love a dragon. – You’d like a dragon?
龙被大家误解了 哈利 大家都误解了
Vastly misunderstood beasts, Harry. Vastly misunderstood.
所有的学生都必须准备
All students must be equipped with
一个2号♥大坩埚
one standard size 2 pewter cauldron
还可以自带
and may bring, if they desire,
一只猫头鹰 猫或是蟾蜍
either an owl, a cat or a toad.
在伦敦能找到这些东西吗
Can we find all this in London?
只要你找对地方
If you know where to go.
你来啦 海格 还是老样子吗
Ah, Hagrid! The usual, I presume?
谢了 汤姆 今天要替霍格沃兹办正事
No, thanks, Tom. I’m on official Hogwarts business.
在帮小哈利买♥♥学习用品呢
Just helping Harry buy his school supplies.
我的老天爷 是哈利·波特
Bless my soul. It’s Harry Potter!
欢迎回来 波特先生 欢迎
Welcome back, Mr. Potter. Welcome back.
我是桃丽丝·克罗克福德 见到你太荣幸了
Doris Crockford. I can’t believe I’m meeting you at last.
哈利·波特 我的荣幸之情无法言喻
Harry Potter. Can’t tell you how pleased I am to meet you.
你好 教授 差点没看到您
Hello, professor. I didn’t see you.
哈利 这是奇洛教授
Harry, this is Professor Quirrell.
他在霍格沃兹教黑魔法防御术
He will be teaching your Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts.
很高兴见到你
Oh, nice to meet you.
奇妙又可怕的学科
Fearfully fascinating subject.
不过你用不着学 是吧
Not that you need it, eh, Potter?
好吧 该走了 好多东西要买♥♥
Yes, well, must be going now. Lots to buy.
再见
Goodbye.
-看见没 波特 你很出名 -但是为什么
– See, Harry? You’re famous. – But why am I famous?
大家为什么都知道我是谁
All those people back there, how is it they know who I am?
由我来告诉你可能不太合适 哈利
I’m not sure I’m the right person to tell you that.
哈利 欢迎来到对角巷
Welcome, Harry, to Diagon Alley.
这里可以买♥♥鹅毛笔和墨水
Here, you get your quills and ink.
那边 可以买♥♥到捣鼓魔法的各种小玩意
Over there, all your bits and bobs for doing wizardry.
这可是世界级的飞天扫把
It’s a world-class racing broom.
快看 是最新的光轮2000
Look at it! The new Nimbus 2000!
这是最快的扫帚了
It’s the fastest model yet.
可是我拿什么买♥♥呢 海格 我又没有钱
But Hagrid, how am I to pay for all this? I haven’t any money.
你的钱在那 古灵阁 巫师银行
There’s your money. Gringotts, the wizard bank.
要存东西 那里最安全 当然除了霍格沃兹
Ain’t no safer place, not one. Except perhaps Hogwarts.
海格 那些是什么东西
Hagrid, what exactly are these things?
他们是妖精 哈利
They’re goblins, Harry.
妖精很聪明 但却不怎么友善
Clever as they come, goblins, but not the most friendly of beasts.
最好跟紧我
Best stay close.
哈利·波特先生想取一些钱
Mr. Harry Potter wishes to make a withdrawal.
那么 哈利·波特先生带钥匙了吗
And does Mr. Harry Potter have his key?
等一下 我看看放哪了
Wait a minute. Got it here somewhere.
在这 这小玩意
Ha! There’s the little devil.
还有件事
And there’s something else as well.
邓布利多教授给了我这个
Professor Dumbledore gave me this.
最高机密
致对角巷 古灵阁银行 首席妖精
是在那个金库的那个东西
It’s about You-Know-What in vault you-know-which.
那好吧
Very well.
687号♥金库
Vault 687.
请给我灯
Lamp, please.
钥匙
Key, please.
你不会以为你父母什么都不给你留吧
Did you think your parents would leave you with nothing, did you?
-713号♥金库 -里面是什么 海格
– Vault 713. – What’s in there, Hagrid?
无可奉告 霍格沃兹公务 最高机密
Can’t tell you. Hogwarts business. Very secret.
退后
Stand back.
这事最好不要告诉任何人 哈利
Best not to mention this to anyone, Harry.
我还需要 一根魔杖
I still need a wand.
魔杖的话 去奥利凡德吧 最好的魔杖店
A wand? You want Ollivanders. There ain’t no place better.
你去那里买♥♥吧 然后等着
Why don’t you run along there and wait.
我还有别的事 不会太久
I just got one more thing I got to do. It won’t be long.
有人吗
Hello?
有人吗
Hello?
终于见到您了 波特先生
I wondered when I’d be seeing you, Mr. Potter.
当年你的父母
It seems only yesterday
就是在这买♥♥的第一根魔杖
…that your mother and father
仿佛是昨天的事
were in here buying their first wands.
试试这根
Here we are.
挥一下试试
Give it a wave.
看来这根不行
Apparently not.
也许
Perhaps…
这根能行
…this.
不 不 绝对不行 没关系
No, no, definitely not. No matter.
兴许是这根
I wonder…
奇妙
Curious.
真是太奇妙了
Very curious.
抱歉 什么地方让您觉得奇妙
Sorry, but what’s curious?
我卖♥♥出的每一根魔杖我都记得 波特先生
I remember every wand I’ve ever sold, Mr. Potter.
碰巧这根魔杖
It so happens that the phoenix…
和另一根魔杖的杖芯
…whose tail feather resides in your wand, gave another feather.
是同一只凤♥凰♥身上的羽毛
Just one other.
奇妙之处在于这根魔杖竟选择了你
It is curious that you should be destined for this wand…
因为它的兄弟给了你那道伤疤
…when its brother gave you that scar.
那根魔杖的主人是谁
And who owned that wand?
我们从不提起他的名字
We do not speak his name.
是魔杖选择巫师 波特先生
The wand chooses the wizard, Mr. Potter.
原因向来无法解释
It’s not always clear why.
但我觉得
But I think it is clear…
你会成就一番大事业的
…that we can expect great things from you.
毕竟 连名字都不能提的那个人

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!