尤其要紧的
This above all,
你必须对你自己忠实 正像有了白昼才有黑夜一样
to thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day,
对自己忠实 才不会对别人欺诈
thou canst not then be false to any man.
再会 愿我的祝福使这一番话在你的行事中奏效
Farewell my blessing season this in thee!
父亲 我告别了
Most humbly do I take my leave, my lord.
时候不早了 去吧 你的仆人都在等着
The time invites you, go, your servants tend.
再会 奥菲利娅
Farewell, Ophelia,
记住我对你说的话
and remember well what I have said to you.
你的话已经锁在我的记忆里
‘Tis in my memory lock’d,
那钥匙你替我保管着吧
And you yourself shall keep the key of it.
再会
Farewell.
奥菲利娅 他对你说些什么话
What is’t, Ophelia, he hath said to you?
回父亲的话
So please you,
我们刚才谈起哈姆莱特殿下的事情
something touching the Lord Hamlet.
嗯 这是应该考虑一下的
Marry, well be thought ’tis told me
听说他近来常常跟你在一起
he hath very oft of late given private time to you,
也从来不拒绝他的求见 要是果然有这种事
and you yourself have of your audience been most free and bounteous.
人家这样告诉我 也无非是叫我注意的意思
If it be so, as so ’tis put on me, and that in way of caution,
那么我必须对你说 你还没有懂得你做了我的女儿
I must tell you, you do not underst and yourself so clearly
按照你的身分 应该怎样留心你自己的行动
as it behooves my daughter and your honour.
究竟在你们两人之间有些什么关系
What is between you?
老实告诉我
Give me up the truth.
父亲
He hath, my lord, of late
他最近曾经屡次向我表示他的爱情
made many tenders of his affection to me.
爱情 呸 你讲的话完全像是一个
Affection! Pooh! You speak like a green girl,
不曾经历过这种危险的不懂事的女孩子
unsifted in such perilous circumstance.
你相信你所说的他的那种表示吗
Do you believe his tenders, as you call them?
父亲 我不知道我应该怎样想才好
I do not know, my lord, what I should think.
好 让我来教你 你应该这样想 你是一个毛孩子
Marry, I’ll teach you think yourself a baby,
竟然把这些假意的表示当作了真心的奉献
that you have ta’en these tenders for true pay,
你应该”表示”出一番更大的架子
which are not sterling. Tender yourself more dearly,
要不然 就此打住吧
or, not to crack the
这个可怜的字眼被我使唤得都快断气了
wind of the poor phrase,
-你就”表示”你是个十足的傻瓜
wronging it thus, you’ll tender me a fool.
父亲 他向我求爱的态度是很光明正大的
My lord, he hath importun’d me with love in honourable fashion.
不错 那只是态度 算了 算了
Ay, fashion you maycall it, go to, go to.
而且 父亲 他差不多用尽一切指天誓日的盟约
And hath given countenance to his speech, my lord,
证实他的言语
with almost all the holy vows of heaven.
嗯 这些都是捕捉愚蠢的山鹬的圈套
Ay, springes to catch woodcocks.
我知道在热情燃烧的时候
I do know, when the blood burns,
一个人无论什么盟誓都会说出口来
how prodigal the soul lends the tongue vows
这些火焰 女儿 是光多于热的
these blazes, daughter, giving more light than heat,
刚刚说出口就会光销焰灭
extinct in both, even in their promise, as it is a -making,
你不能把它们当作真火看待 从现在起
you must not take for fire. From this time, daughter,
你还是少露一些你的女儿家的脸
be somewhat scanter of your maiden presence,
你应该抬高身价 不要让人家以为你是可以随意呼召的
set your entreatments at a higher rate than a command to parley.
对于哈姆莱特 你应该这样想 他是个年轻的王子
For Lord Hamlet, believe so much in him, that he is young,
他比你在行动上有更大的自♥由♥
and with a larger tether may he walk than may be given you.
总而言之 奥菲利娅 不要相信他的盟誓
In few, Ophelia, do not believe his vows,
它们不过是淫媒 内心的颜色和服装完全不一样
for they are brokers, not of that dye which their investments show,
只晓得诱人干一些龌龊的勾当
but mere implorators of unholy suits,
正像道貌岸然大放厥辞的鸨母 只求达到骗人的目的
breathing like sanctified and pious bawds, the better to beguile.
我的言尽于此 简单一句话 从现在起
This is for all, I would not, in plain terms, from this time forth
我不许你一有空闲
have you so slander any moment leisure
就跟哈姆莱特殿下聊天
as to give words or talk with the Lord Hamlet.
你留点儿神吧 进去
Look to’t, I charge you, come your ways.
我一定
I shall
听从您的话
obey,
父亲
my lord.
风吹得人怪痛的 这天气真冷
The air bites shrewdly, it is very cold.
-是很凛冽的寒风 -现在什么时候了
– It is a nipping And an eager air. – What hour now?
-我想还不到十二点 -不 已经打过了
– I think It lacks of twelve. – No, It is struck.
真的 我没有听见
Indeed? I heard it not…
那么鬼魂出现的时候快要到了
Then it draws near the season wherein the spirit held his wont to walk.
这是什么意思 殿下
What does this mean, my lord?
王上今晚大宴群臣
The King doth wake to night and takes his rouse,
作通宵的醉舞
keeps wassail, and the swaggering up-spring reels,
每次他喝下了一杯葡萄美酒
and, as he drains his draughts of Rhenish down,
铜鼓和喇叭便吹打起来 欢祝万寿
the kettle-drum and trumpet thus bray out the triumph of his pledge.
-这是向来的风俗吗 -嗯 是的
– Is it a custom? – Ay, marry, is’t.
可是我虽然从小就熟习这种风俗
But to my mind, though I am native here, and to the manner born,
我却以为把它破坏了倒比遵守它还体面些
it is a custom more honour’d in the breach than the observance.
这一种酗酒纵乐的风俗
This heavy -headed revel east and west
使我们在东西各国受到许多非议
makes us traduc’d and tax’d of other nations
他们称我们为酒徒醉汉
they clepe us drunkards, and with swinish phrase soil our addition,
将下流的污名
and, indeed, it takes from our achievements,
加在我们头上
though perform’d at height,
使我们各项伟大的成就都因此而大为减色
the pith and marrow of our attribute.
在个人方面也常常是这样
So oft it chances in particular men
由于品性上有某些丑恶的瘢痣 或者是天生的
that, for some vicious mole of nature in them, as in their birth,
这就不能怪本人 因为天性不能由自己选择
where in they are not guilty, since nature cannot choose his origin,
或者是某种脾气发展到反常地步
by the o’er growth of some complexion,
冲破了理智的约束和防卫
oft breaking down the pales and forts of reason,
或者是某种习惯
or by some habit, that
玷污了原来令人喜爱的举止
too much o’er-leavens the form of plausive manners,
这些人只要带着上述一种缺点的烙印
that these men, carrying, I say, the stamp of one defect,
天生的标记或者偶然的机缘
being nature’s livery, or fortune’s star,
不管在其余方面他们是如何圣洁
their virtues else, be they as pure as grace,
如何具备一个人所能有的无限美德
as infinite as man may undergo,
由于那点特殊的毛病
shall in the general censure take
在世人的非议中也会感染溃烂
corruption from that particular fault.
少量的邪恶足以勾销全部高贵的品质
The dram of evil doth all the noble substance of a doubt
-害得人声名狼藉 -瞧 殿下 它来了
– to his own scandal. – Look, my lord, it comes!
它招手叫您跟着它去
It beckons you to go away with it…
好像它有什么话要对您一个人说似的
As if it some impartment did desire to you alone.
瞧 它用很有礼貌的举动
Look with what courteous action
招呼您到一个僻远的所在去
it waves you to a more removed ground!
-可是别跟它去 -千万不要跟它去
– but Do Not go with it! – No, By No means.
-它不肯说话 我还是跟它去 -不要去 殿下
– It will Not Speak, Then will I follow it. – Do Not, My lord.
嗨 怕什么呢 我把我的生命看得不值一枚针
Why, what should be the fear? I do not set my life at a pin’s fee,
至于我的灵魂 那是跟它自己同样永生不灭的
and for my soul, what can it do to that,
它能够加害它吗
being a thing immortal as itself?
它又在招手叫我前去了 我要跟它去
It waves me forth again, I’ll follow it.
殿下 要是它把您诱到潮水里去
What if it tempt you toward the flood, my lord,
或者把您领到下临大海的峻峭的悬崖之巅
or to the dreadful summit of the cliff
或者把您带到它海边的巢穴去
that beetles o’er his base into the sea,
在那边它现出了狰狞的面貌
and there assume some other horrible form
吓得您丧失理智
which might deprive your sovereignty of reason,
变成疯狂 那可怎么好呢
and draw you into madness?
您想 无论什么人一到了那样的地方
Think of it the very place puts toys of desperation,
望着下面千仞的峭壁 听见海水奔腾的怒吼
without more motive, into every brain
即使没有别的原因 也会起穷凶极恶的怪念的
that looks so many fathoms to the sea and hears it roar beneath.
它还在向我招手 去吧 我跟着你
It waves me still. Goon, I’ll follow thee.
-您不能去 殿下 -放开你们的手
– you shall not go, My lord. – Hold off your hands.
-听我们的劝告 不要去 -我的运命在高声呼喊
– Be rul’d, you shall not go! – My fate cries out,
使我全身每一根微细的血管
and makes each petty artery in this body
都变得像怒狮的筋骨一样坚硬
as hardy as the Nemean lion’s nerve.
它仍旧在招我去 放开我 朋友们 凭着上天起誓
Still am I call’d. Unhand me, gentlemen! By heaven,
我要叫他变成一个鬼 走开
I’ll make a ghost of him that lets me! I say, away!
去吧
Go on,
-我跟着你 -幻想占据了他的头脑 使他不顾一切
– I’ll follow thee. – He waxes desperate with imagination.
让我们跟上去 我们不应该服从他的话
Let’s follow, ’tis not fit thus to obey him.
那么跟上去吧 这种事情会引出些什么结果来呢
Have after. To what issue will this come?
丹麦国里恐怕有些不可告人的坏事
Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.
-上帝的旨意支配一切 -得了 我们还是跟上去吧
– Heaven will direct it. – Nay, let’s follow him.
天使保佑我们
Angels and ministers of grace defend us!
不管你是一个善良的灵魂或是万恶的妖魔
Be thou a spirit of health or goblin damn’d,
不管你带来了天上的和风或是地狱中的罡风
bring with thee airs from heaven or blasts from hell,
不管你的来意好坏
be thy intents wicked or charitable,
因为你的形状是这样引起我的怀疑 我要对你说话
thou comest in such a questionable shape that I will speak to thee!