他们吓得几乎浑身都瘫痪了
whilst they, distill’d almost to jelly with the act of fear,
只是呆立着不动 一句话也没有对它说
stand dumb, and speak not to him.
怀着惴惧的心情 他们把这件事悄悄地告诉了我
This to me in dreadful secrecy impart they did,
我就在第三夜陪着他们一起守望
and I with them the third night kept the watch.
正像他们所说的一样 那鬼魂又出现了
Where, as they had deliver’d, both in time,
出现的时间和它的形状
form of the thing,
证实了他们的每一个字都是正确的
each word made true and good, the apparition comes!
我认识您的父亲 我这两手也不及他们彼此的相似
I knew your father, these hands are not more like!
可是这是在什么地方
But where was this?
殿下 就在我们守望的露台上
My lord, upon the platform where we watch’d.
你们有没有和它说话
Did you Not Speak to it?
殿下 我说了 可是它没有回答我
My lord, I Did, but answer made It none.
不过有一次我觉得它好像抬起头来
Yet once me thought it lifted up it head,
像要开口说话似的
and did address itself to motion, like as it would speak…
可是就在那时候 晨鸡高声啼了起来
But even then the morning cock crew loud, and at the sound
它一听见鸡声 就很快地隐去不见了
it shrunk in haste away, and vanish’d from our sight.
-这很奇怪 -凭着我的生命起誓 殿下
– ‘Tis very strange. – As I do live, my honour’d lord,
这是真的 我们认为按着我们的责任
tis true, and we did think it writ down
应该让您知道这件事
in our duty to let you know of it.
不错 不错 朋友们 可是这件事情很使我迷惑
Indeed, indeed, sirs, but this troubles me.
-你们今晚仍旧要去守望吗 -是 殿下
– Hold you the watch tonight? – My lord, we do.
-你们说它穿着甲胄吗 -是 殿下
– Arm’d, say you? – Arm’d, my lord.
-从头到脚 -从头到脚 殿下
– From top to toe? – My lord, From head to foot.
那么你们没有看见它的脸吗
Then saw you Not his face?
啊 看见的 殿下 它的脸甲是掀起的
yes, My lord he wore his beaver up.
怎么 它瞧上去像在发怒吗
What, look’d he frowningly?
它的脸上悲哀多于愤怒
A countenance more in sorrow than in anger.
-它的脸色是惨白的还是红红的 -非常惨白
– Pale or red? – Nay, very pale.
-它把眼睛注视着你吗 -它直盯着我瞧
– And fix’d his eyes upon you? – Most constantly.
-我真希望当时我也在场 -那一定会使您吃惊万分
– I would I had been there. – It would have much amaz’d you.
多半会的 多半会的
Very like, very like.
它停留得长久吗
Stay’d it long?
大概有一个人用不快不慢的速度从一数到一百的那段时间
While one with moderate haste might tell a hundred.
-还要长久一些 -我看见它的时候 不过这么久
– Longer. – Not when I saw’t.
它的胡须是斑白的吗
His beard was grizzled, no?
是的 正像我在它生前看见的那样
It was, as I have seen it in his life,
乌黑的胡须里略有几根变成白色
a sable silver’d.
我今晚也要守夜去
I will watch to night.
-也许它还会出来 -我可以担♥保♥它一定会出来
– Perchance ’twill walk again. – I warrant you it will.
要是它借着我的父王的形貌出现 即使地狱张开嘴来
If it assume my noble father’s person, I’ll speak to it,
叫我不要作声 我也一定要对它说话
though hell itself should gape and bid me hold my peace.
要是你们到现在还没有把你们所看见的告诉别人
I pray you all, if you have hither to conceal’d this sight,
那么就要请求你们大家继续保持沉默
let it be tenable in your silence still, and…
无论今夜发生什么事情
what so ever else shall hap to night,
都请放在心里 不要在口舌之间泄漏出去
give it an understanding, but no tongue.
我一定会报答你们的忠诚
I will requite your loves.
好 再会
So, fare ye well.
今晚十一点钟到十二点钟之间 我要到露台上来看你们
Upon the platform, ‘twixt eleven and twelve, I’ll visit you.
我们愿意为殿下尽忠
Our duty to your honour.
让我们彼此保持着不渝的交情
Your loves,
再会
as mine to you farewell.
我父亲的灵魂披着甲胄 事情有些不妙
My father’s spirit in arms! All is not well,
我想这里面一定有奸人的恶计
I doubt some foul play
但愿黑夜早点到来 静静地等着吧 我的灵魂
would the night were come! Till then sit still, my soul.
罪恶的行为总有一天会发现
Foul deeds will rise,
虽然地上所有的泥土把它们遮掩
though all the eartho’er whelm them, to men’s eyes.
我需要的物件已经装在船上 再会了 妹妹
My necessaries are embark’d farewell
在好风给人方便
and, sister, as the winds give benefit
船只来往无阻的时候 不要贪睡
and convoy is assistant, do not sleep,
-让我听见你的消息 -你还不相信我吗
– but let me hear From you. – Do you doubt that?
对于哈姆莱特和他的调情献媚
For Hamlet, and the trifling of his favour,
你必须把它认作年轻人一时的感情冲动
hold it a fashion, and a toy in blood
一朵初春的紫罗兰早熟而易凋
a violet in the youth of primynature, forward, not permanent,
馥郁而不能持久 一分钟的芬芳和喜悦
sweet, not lasting, the perfume and suppliance of a minute, no more.
-不过如此吗 -不过如此
– No more but so? – Think it no more
因为一个人成长的过程 不仅是肌肉和体格的增强
for nature, crescent, does not grow alone in thews and bulk,
而且随着身体的发展
but as this temple waxes, the inward service
精神和心灵也同时扩大
of the mind and soul grows wide withal.
也许他现在爱你
Perhaps he loves you now,
他的真诚的意志是纯洁而不带欺诈的
and now no soil nor cautel doth be smirch the virtue of his will
可是你必须留心 他有这样高的地位
but you must fear, his greatness weigh’d, his will is not his own,
他的意志并不属于他自己
for he himself is subject to his birth
因为他自己也要被他的血统所支配
he may not, as unvalu’d persons do, carve for himself,
他不能像一般庶民一样为自己选择
for on his choice depends the sanity
因为他的决定足以影响到整个国本的安危
and health of this whole state,
他是全身的首脑
and therefore must his choice be circumscrib’d
他是全身的首脑
unto the voice and yielding
他的选择必须得到各部分肢体的同意
of that body whereof he is the head.
所以要是他说 他爱你
Then if he says he loves you,
你不可贸然相信 应该明白
it fits your wisdom so far to believe it
照他的身分地位说来 他要想把自己的话付诸实现
as he in his particular act and place may give his saying deed,
决不能越出丹麦国内普遍舆♥论♥所同意的范围
which is no further than the main voice of Denmark goes withal.
你再想一想
Then weigh what loss your honour may sustain
要是你用过于轻信的耳朵倾听他的歌♥曲
if with too creden tear you list his songs,
让他攫走了你的心 他的狂妄的渎求之下
or lose your heart,
打开了你的宝贵的童贞
or your chaste treasure
那时候你的名誉将要蒙受多大的损失
open to his unmaster’d importunity.
奥菲利娅 留心 我的亲爱的妹妹
Fear it, Ophelia, fear it, my dear sister,
不要放纵你的爱情
and keep you in the rear of your affection,
不要让欲望的利箭把你射中
out of the shot and danger of desire.
一个自爱的女郎 若是向月亮显露她的美貌
The chariest maid is prodigal enough
就算是极端放荡了
if she unmask her beauty to the moon
圣贤也不能逃避谗口的中伤
virtue itself ‘scapes not calumnious strokes
春天的草木往往还没有吐放它们的蓓蕾
the canker galls the infants of the spring too oft
就被蛀虫蠹蚀
before their buttons be disclos’d
朝露一样晶莹的青春
and in the morn and liquid dew of youth
常常会受到罡风的吹打
contagious blastments are most imminent.
所以留心吧 戒惧是最安全的方策
Be wary then, best safety lies in fear
即使没有旁人的诱惑 少年的血气也要向他自己叛变
youth to itself rebels, though none else near.
我将要记住你这个很好的教训 让它看守着我的心
I shall th’ effect of this good lesson keep as watchman to my heart.
可是 我的好哥哥 你不要像有些坏牧师一样
But, good my brother, do not, as some ungracious pastors do,
指点我上天去的险峻的荆棘之途
show me the steep and thorny way to heaven,
同时 自己却像不计后果的浪子
whilst, like a puff’d and reckless libertine,
在花街柳巷流连忘返
himself the primrose path of dalliance treads
忘记了自己的箴言
and recks not his own read.
啊 不要为我担心
O, fear me not.
-我耽搁得太久了 -还在这儿 雷欧提斯
– I stay too long. – Yet here, Laertes!
可是父亲来了 两度的祝福是双倍的福分
But here my father comes. A double blessing is a double grace.
第二次的告别是格外可喜的
Occasion smiles upon a second leave.
上船去 上船去 真好意思
Aboard, aboard, for shame!
风息在帆顶上
The wind sits in the shoulder of your sail,
人家都在等着你哩 好 我为你祝福
and you are stay’d for. There, my blessing with thee!
还有几句教训 希望你铭刻在记忆之中
And these few precepts in thy memory see thou character.
不要想到什么就说什么 凡事必须三思而行
Give thy thoughts no tongue, nor any unproportion’d thought his act.
对人要和气 可是不要过分狎昵
Be thou familiar, but by no means vulgar.
相知有素的朋友
Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried,
应该用钢圈箍在你的灵魂上
grapple them unto thy soul with hoops of steel,
可是不要对每一个
but do not dull thy palm with entertainment
泛泛的新知滥施你的交情
of each new-hatch’d, unfledg’d comrade.
留心避免和人家争吵 可是万一争端已起
Beware of entrance to a quarrel, but, being in,
就应该让对方知道你不是可以轻侮的
bear’t that the opposed may beware of thee.
倾听每一个人的意见 可是只对极少数人发表你的意见
Give every man thineear, but few thy voice
接受每一个人的批评 可是保留你自己的判断
take each man’s censure, but reserve thy judgment.
尽你的财力购制贵重的衣服 可是不要炫新立异
Costly thy habit as thy purse canbuy, but not express’d in fancy,
必须富丽而不浮艳 因为服装往往可以表现人格
rich, not gaudy for the apparel oft proclaims the man,
法国的名流要人
and they in France of the best rank and station
就是在这点上显得最高尚 与众不同
are most select and generous chief in that.
不要向人告贷 也不要借钱给人
Neither a borrower nor a lender be
因为债款放出去 往往不但丢了本钱 还失去了朋友
for loan oft loses both itself and friend,
向人告贷的结果 容易养成因循懒惰的习惯
and borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!