一个人的生命
and a man’s life’s
可以在说一个”一”字的一刹那之间了结
no more than to say ‘One.’
可是我很后悔 好霍拉旭
But I am very sorry, good Horatio,
不该在雷欧提斯之前失去了自♥制♥
that to Laertes I forgot myself
因为他所遭遇的惨痛
for, by the image of my cause,
正是我自己的怨愤的影子
I see the portraiture of his,
我要取得他的好感
I’ll court his favours.
可是他倘不是那样夸大他的悲哀
But, sure, the bravery of his grief
我也决不会动起那么大的火性来的
did put me into a towering passion.
不要作声
Peace!
谁来了
Who comes here?
殿下 欢迎您回到丹麦来
Your lordship is right welcome back to Denmark!
谢谢您 先生
I humbly thank you, sir.
-你认识这只水苍蝇吗 -不 殿下
– dost know this water -fly? – No, My good lord.
那是你的运气 因为认识他是一件丢脸的事
Thy state is the more gracious for ’tis a vice to know him.
他有许多肥田美壤
He hath much land, and fertile.
一头畜生要是作了一群畜生的主子
Let a beast be lord of beasts,
就有资格把食槽搬到国王的席上来了
and his crib shall stand at the king’s mess.
他叫起来没完 可是 我方才也说了
Tis a chough but, as I say,
他拥有大批粪土
spacious in the possession of dirt.
殿下 您要是有空的话
Sweet lord, if your friendship were at leisure,
我奉陛下之命 要来告诉您一件事情
I should impart a thing to you from his majesty.
先生 我愿意恭聆大教
I will receive it, sir, with all diligence of spirit.
您的帽子是应该戴在头上的 您还是戴上去吧
Put your bonnet to his right use ’tis for the head.
谢谢殿下 天气真热
I thank your lordship,but ’tis very hot.
不 相信我 天冷得很 在刮北风哩
No, believe me, ’tis very cold the wind is northerly.
真的有点儿冷 殿下
It is indifferent cold, my lord, indeed.
可是对于像我这样的体质
But yet me thinks it is very
我觉得这一种天气却是闷热得厉害
sultry and hot for my complexion.
对了 殿下
Exceedingly, my lord
真是说不出来的闷热
it is very sultry, as ’twere,
可是 殿下
I cannot tell how. But, my lord,
陛下叫我来通知您一声
his majesty bade me signify to you
他已经为您下了一个很大的赌注了
that he has laid a great wager on your head.
殿下 事情是这样的
Sir, this is the matter,
请您不要这样多礼
I beseech you, remember.
不 殿下 我还是这样舒服些 真的
Nay, good my lord for mine ease, in good faith.
殿下 雷欧提斯新近到我们的宫廷里来
Sir, here is newly come to court Laertes
相信我 他是一位完善的绅士
believe me, an absolute gentleman,
充满着最卓越的特点
full of most excellent differences,
他的态度非常温雅 他的仪表非常英俊
of very soft society and great showing.
说一句发自衷心的话
Indeed, to speak feelingly of him,
他是上流社会的南针
he is the card or calendar of gentry,
因为在他身上可以找到
for you shall find in him
一个绅士所应有的品质的总汇
the continent of what part a gentleman would see.
先生 他对于您这一番描写
Sir, his definement suffers
的确可以当之无愧
no perdition in you
虽然我知道 要是把他的好处一件一件列举出来
though, I know, to divide him invent or ially
不但我们的记忆将要因此而淆乱
would dizzy the arithmetic of memory,
交不出一篇正确的账目来 而且他这一艘满帆的快船
and yet but yaw neither,
也决不是我们失舵之舟所能追及
inrespect of his quick sail.
可是 凭着真诚的赞美而言
But, in the verity of extolment,
我认为他是一个才德优异的人
I take him to be a soul of great article
他的高超的禀赋是那样稀有而罕见
and his infusion of such dearth and rareness,
说一句真心的话
as, to make true diction of him.
除了在他的镜子里以外 再也找不到第二个
His semblable is his mirror
纷纷追踪求迹之辈 不过是他的影子而已
and who else would trace him, his umbrage, nothing more.
殿下把他说得一点不错
Your lordship speaks most infallibly of him.
您的用意呢
The concernancy, sir?
为什么我们要用尘俗的呼吸
Why do we wrap the gentleman
嘘在这位绅士的身上呢
in our more rawer breath?
殿下
Sir?
自己所用的语言 到了别人嘴里 就听不懂了吗
Is’t not possible to understand in another tongue?
早晚你会懂的 先生
You will do’t, sir, really.
您向我提起这位绅士的名字 是什么意思
What imports the nomination of this gentleman?
-雷欧提斯吗 -他的嘴里已经变得空空洞洞
– of Laertes? – his purse is empty already
-我知道您不是不明白 -正是雷欧提斯
– all’s golden words are spent. – Of him, sir.
您真能知道我这人不是不明白
I know you are not ignorant.
那倒很好 可是 说老实话
I would you did, sir yet, in faith,
即使你知道我是明白人
if you did, it would not
对我也不是什么光采的事 好 您怎么说
much approve me. Well, sir?
我是说 您不是不明白雷欧提斯有些什么特长
You are not ignorant of what excellence Laertes is
那我可不敢说
I dare not confess that,
因为也许人家会疑心我有意跟他比并高下
lest I should compare with him in excellence
可是要知道一个人的底细 应该先知道他自己
but, to know a man well, were to know himself.
殿下 我的意思是说他的武艺
I mean, sir, for his weapon
人家都称赞他的本领
but in the imputation laid on himby them,
一时无两
in his meed he’s unfellowed.
-他会使些什么武器 -长剑和短刀
– What’s his weapon? – Rapier and dagger.
-他会使这两种武器吗 很好 -殿下
– That’s two of his weapons, but, well. – The king, sir,
王上已经用六匹巴巴里的骏马跟他打赌
hath wagered with him six Barbary horses
-在他的一方面 下的注 -下注
– against the which he has imponed, – ‘Imponed’?
照我所知道的 押的是六柄法国的宝剑和好刀
as I take it, six French rapiers and poniards,
连同一切鞘带钩子之类的附件
with their assigns, asgirdle, hangers, and so
其中有三柄的挂机尤其珍奇可爱
three of the carriages, in faith, are very dear to fancy,
跟剑柄配得非常合式 式样非常精致
very responsive to the hilts, most delicate carriages,
-花纹非常富丽 -您所说的挂机是什么东西
– And of very liberal conceit. – What call you the carriages?
我知道您要听懂他的话 非得翻查一下注解不可
I knew you must be edified by the margent ere you had done.
殿下 挂机就是钩子
The carriages, sir, are the hangers.
要是我们腰间挂着大炮 用这个名词倒还合适
The phrase would bemore german to the matter,
在那一天没有来到以前
if we could carry cannon by our sides
我看还是就叫它钩子吧
I would it might be hangers till then.
好 说下去 六匹巴巴里骏马
But, on six Barbary horses
对六柄法国宝剑 附件在内
against six French swords, their assigns,
-外加三个花纹富丽的 -挂机
– And three liberal -conceited… – Carriages.
挂机 法国产品对丹麦产品
carriages that’s the French bet against the Danish.
可是 用你的话来说 这样”押”是为了什么呢
Why is this ‘imponed,’ as you call it?
殿下 王上跟他打赌
The king, sir, hath laid, sir,
要是你们两人交起手来
that in adozen passes between yourself and him,
在十二个回合之中 他至多不过多赢您三着
he shall not exceed you three hits,
可是他却觉得他可以稳赢九个回合
he hath laid on twelve for nine and it would come to immediate trial,
殿下要是答应的话 马上就可以试一试
if your lordship would vouch safe the answer.
要是我答应个”不”字呢
How if I answer ‘no’?
殿下 我的意思是说
I mean, my lord, the opposition
您答应跟他当面比较高低
of your person in trial.
先生 我还要在厅堂里散散步 您去回陛下说
Sir, I will walk here in the hall if it please his majesty,
现在是我一天之中休息的时间
tis the breathing time of day with me
叫他们把比赛用的钝剑预备好了
let the foils be brought,
要是这位绅士愿意 王上也不改变他的意见的话
the gentleman willing, and the king hold his purpose,
我愿意尽力为他博取一次胜利
I will win for him an I can.
万一不幸失败
If not, I shall gain nothing
那我也不过丢了一次脸 给他多剁了两下
but my shame and the odd hits.
-我就照这样去回话吗 -您就照这个意思去说
– Shall I re-deliver you e’en so? – To this effect, sir,
随便您再加上一些什么新颖词藻都行
after what flourish your nature will.
-我保证为殿下效劳 -不敢 不敢
– I commend my duty to your lordship. – Yours, yours.
多亏他自己保证
He does well to commend it himself
别人谁也不会替他张口的
there are no tongues else for’s turn.
这一只小鸭子顶着壳儿逃走了
This lapwing runs away with the shell on his head.
他在母亲怀里时 也要对奶头恭维 然后吮吸
He did comply with his dug, before he sucked it.
像他这一类靠着一些繁文缛礼撑撑场面的家伙
Thus has he, and many more of the same bevy
正是愚妄的世人所醉心的
that I know the drossy age dotes on,
他们的浅薄的牙慧
only got the tune of the time and out ward habit of encounter
使傻瓜和聪明人同样受他们的欺骗
a kind of yesty collection, which carries them through and through
可是一经试验
the most fond and winnowed opinions
可是一经试验
and do but blow them to their trial,
他们的水泡就爆破了
the bubbles are out.
殿下 陛下刚才叫奥斯里克来向您传话
My lord, his majesty commended him to you by young Osric,
知道您在这儿厅上等候他的旨意
who brings back to him that you attend him in the hall.
他叫我再来问您一声
He sends to know if your pleasure hold
您是不是仍旧愿意跟雷欧提斯比剑
to play with Laertes,