你已经用你同情的耳朵
Now must your conscience my acquaintance seal,
听见我告诉你那杀死令尊的人 也在图谋我的生命
and you must put me in your heart for friend,
现在你必须明白我的无罪
sith you have heard,and with a knowing ear,
并且把我当作你的一个心腹的友人了
that he which hath your noble father slain pursued my life.
听您所说
It well appears, but tell me
果然像是真的 可是告诉我
why you proceeded not against these feats,
您自己的安全 长远的谋虑和其他一切
so crimeful and so capital in nature,
都在大力推动您
as by your safety,
为什么您对于这样罪大恶极的暴行
wisdom, all things else,
反而不采取严厉的手段呢
you mainly were stirr’d up.
啊 那是因为有两个理由
O, for two special reasons
也许在你看来是不成其为理由的
which may to you seem much unsinew’d,
可是对于我却有很大的关系
but yet to me they are strong.
王后 他的母亲
The queen his mother
差不多一天不看见他就不能生活
lives almost by his looks
至于我自己
and for myself my virtue ormy plague,
那么不管这是我的好处或是我的致命的弱点
be it either which
我的生命和灵魂是这样跟她连结在一起
she’s so conjunctive to my life and soul,
正像星球不能跳出轨道一样
that, as the star moves not but in his sphere,
我也不能没有她而生活
I could not but by her.
而且我所以不能把这件案子公开
The other motive, why to apublic count
还有一个重要的顾虑
I might not go,
一般民众对他都有很大的好感
is the great love the general gender bear him
他们盲目的崇拜
who, dipping all his faults in their affection,
像一道使树木
would, like the spring that turneth wood to stone,
变成石块的魔泉一样
convert his gyves to graces
会把他戴的镣铐也当作光荣
so that my arrows,
我的箭太轻 太没有力了
too slightly timber’d for so loud a wind,
遇到这样的狂风 一定不能射中目的
would have reverted to my bow again,
反而给吹了转来
but not where I had aim’d them.
那么难道我的一个高贵的父亲就这样白白死去
And so have I a noble father lost
一个好好的妹妹就这样白白疯了不成
a sister driven into desperate terms,
如果能允许我赞美她过去的容貌才德
whose worth, if praisesmay go back again,
那简直是可以傲视一世
stood challenger on mount of all the age
睥睨古今的
for her perfections.
可是我的报仇的机会总有一天会到来
But my revenge will come.
不要让这件事扰乱了你的睡眠
Break not your sleeps for that,
你不要以为我是这样一个麻木不仁的人
you must not think that we are made of stuff so flat and dull
会让人家揪着我的胡须
that we can let our beard be shook with danger
还以为这不过是开开玩笑
and think it pastime.
不久你就可以听到消息
You shortly shall hear more.
我爱你父亲 我也爱我自己
I loved your father, and we love ourself
那我希望可以使你想到
and that, I hope, will teach you to imagine…
啊 什么消息
How now! what news?
启禀陛下 是哈姆莱特寄来的信
Letters, my lord, from Hamlet.
这一封是给陛下的 这一封是给王后的
this to your majesty this to the queen.
哈姆莱特寄来的 是谁把它们送到这儿来的
From Hamlet! Who brought them?
他们说是几个水手 陛下 我没有看见他们
Sailors, my lord, they say. I saw them not.
这两封信是克劳狄奥交给我的
They were given me by Claudio hereceived them
来人把信送在他手里
of him that brought them.
雷欧提斯 你可以听一听这封信 出去
Laertes, you shall hear them. Leave us.
“陛下 我已经光着身子回到您的国土上来了
High and mighty, You shall know I am set naked on your kingdom.
明天我就要请您允许我拜谒御容
To -morrow shall I beg leaveto see your kingly eyes.
让我先向您告
When I shall, first asking your pardon
我的不召而返之罪
there unto, recount the occasion
然后再向您禀告我这次突然意外回国的原因
of my sudden and more strange return.
哈姆莱特敬上”
Hamlet.’
这是什么意思 同去的人也都一起回来了吗
What should this mean? Are all the rest come back?
还是有什么人在捣鬼 事实上并没有这么一回事
Or is it some abuse, and no such thing?
-您认识这笔迹吗 -这确是哈姆莱特的亲笔
– Know you the hand? – ‘Tis Hamlets character.
“光着身子”这儿还附着一笔 说是”一个人回来”
Naked!’ And in a post scripthere, he says ‘Alone.’
-你看他是什么用意 -我可不懂 陛下
– Can you advise me? – I’m lost in it, my lord.
可是他来得正好
But let him come!
我一想到我能够有这样一天
It warms the very sickness in my heart, that I shall live
当面申斥他
and tell him to his teeth,
-“你干的好事” -要是果然这样的话
– ‘thus didest thou.’ – If it be so, Laertes
可是怎么会这样呢 然而 此外又如何解释呢
as how should it be so? How other wise?
雷欧提斯 你愿意听我的吩咐吗
Will you be ruled by me?
愿意 陛下 只要您不勉强我跟他和解
Ay, my lord if you so no to’errule me to a peace.
我是要使你自己心里得到平安
To thine own peace.
要是他现在中途而返
If he be now return’d,as checking at his voyage,
不预备再作这样的航行
and that he means no more to undertake it,
那么我已经想好了一个计策
I will work him to anexploit,
怂恿他去作一件事情
now ripe in my device,
一定可以叫他自投罗网
under the which he shall not choose but fall,
而且他死了以后 谁也不能讲一句闲话
and for his death no wind of blame shall breathe,
即使他的母亲也不能觉察我们的诡计
but even his mother shall uncharge the practise
只好认为是一件意外的灾祸
and call it accident.
陛下 我愿意服从您的指挥
My lord, I will be ruled the rather,
最好请您设法让他死在我的手里
if you could devise it so that I might be the organ.
我正是这样计划 自从你到国外游学以后
It falls right. You have been talk’d of since your travels much,
人家常常说起你有一种特长的本领
and that in Hamlet’s hearing,
这种话哈姆莱特也是早就听到过的
for aquality wherein, they say, you shine.
虽然在我的意见之中
Your sum of parts did not together
这不过是你所有的才艺中间最不足道的一种
pluck such envy from him as did that one,
可是你的一切才艺的总和
and that, in my regard,
都不及这一种本领更能挑起他的妒忌
of the unworthiest siege.
是什么本领呢 陛下
What part is that, my lord?
它虽然不过是装饰在少年人帽上的一条缎带
A very riband in the cap of youth,
但也是少不了的
yet needful too
因为年轻人应该装束得华丽潇洒一些
for youth no less becomes the light
表示他的健康活泼
and careless livery that it wears
正像老年人应该装束得朴素大方一些
than settled age his sables and his weeds,
表示他的矜严庄重一样
importing health and graveness.
两个月以前 这儿来了一个诺曼绅士
Two months since, here was a gentleman of Normandy.
我自己曾经见过法国人 和他们打过仗
I’ve seen myself, and served against, the French,
他们都是很精于骑术的
and they can well on horse back,
可是这位好汉简直有不可思议的魔力
but this gallant had witch craft in’t,
他骑在马上
he grew unto his seat
好像和他的坐骑化成了一体似的
and to such wondrous doing brought his horse,
随意驰骤
as he had been incorpsed and
无不出神入化
demi-natured with the brave beast.
他的技术是那样远超过我的预料
So far he topp’d my thought,
无论我杜撰一些怎样夸大的辞句
that I, in forgery of shapes and tricks,
都不够形容它的奇妙
come short of what he did.
-是个诺曼人吗 -是诺曼人
– A Norman was’t? – A Norman.
-那么一定是拉摩德了 -正是他
– upon My life, Lamond. – the very same.
我认识他
I know him well,
他的确是全国知名的勇士
he is the brooch indeed and gem of all the nation.
他承认你的武艺很了不得
He made confession of you
对于你的剑术
and gave you such a masterly report
尤其极口称赞
for art and exercise in your defence
说是倘有人能够和你对敌
and for your rapier most especially,
那一定大有可观
that he cried out, ‘t would be asight indeed,
他发誓说他们国里的剑士
if one could match you
要是跟你交起手来
the scrimers of their nation, he swore,
一定会眼花撩乱
had had neither motion, guard, nor eye,
全然失去招架之功
if you opposed them, sir.
他对你的这一番夸奖 使哈姆莱特妒恼交集
This report of his did Hamlet so envenom with his envy
一心希望你快些回来
that he could nothing do but wish and
跟他比赛一下
beg your sudden coming o’er, to play with him.
-从这一点上 -从这一点上怎么 陛下
– now, out of this, – What out of this, My lord?
雷欧提斯 你真爱你的父亲吗
Laertes, was your father dear to you?
还是不过是做作出来的悲哀
Or are you like the painting of a sorrow,
-只有表面 没有真心 -您为什么这样问我
– a face Without a heart? – Why ask you this?
我不是以为你不爱你的父亲
Not that I think you did not love your father
可是我知道爱不过起于一时感情的冲动
but that I know love is begun by time
经验告诉我 经过了相当时间
and that I see, in pass ages of proof,
它是会逐渐冷淡下去的
time qualifies the spark and fire of it.
爱像一盏油灯
there lives within the very flame of love

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!