好雷欧提斯 要是你想知道你的亲爱的父亲
Good Laertes, if you desire to know thecertainty
究竟是怎样死去的话
of your dear father’s death,
难道你复仇的方式是
is’t writ in your revenge, that, swoops take,
把朋友和敌人都当作对象
you will draw both friend and foe,
把赢钱的和输钱的赌注都一扫而光吗
winner And loser?
冤有头 债有主 我只要找我父亲的敌人算账
None but his enemies.
那么你要知道谁是他的敌人吗
Will you know them then?
对于他的好朋友 我愿意张开我的手臂拥抱他们
To his good friends thus wide I’ll ope my arms
像舍身的鹈鹕一样
and like the kind life-rendering pelican,
把我的血供他们畅饮
repast them with my blood.
现在你才说得像一个孝顺的儿子和真正的绅士
Why, now you speak like a good child and a true gentleman.
我不但对于令尊的死不曾有分
That I am guiltless of your father’s death,
而且为此也感觉到非常的悲痛
and am most sensible in grief for it,
这一个事实将会透过你的心
it shall as level to your judgment pierce
正像白昼的阳光照射你的眼睛一样
as day doth to your eye.
放她进去
Let her come in.
怎么 那是什么声音
How now! What noise is that?
啊 赤热的烈焰 炙枯了我的脑浆吧
O heat, dry up my brains!
七倍辛酸的眼泪
Tears seven times salt,
灼伤了我的视觉吧
burn out the sense and virtue of mine eye!
天日在上 我一定要叫那害你疯狂的仇人
By heaven, thy madness shall be paid by weight,
重重地抵偿他的罪恶
till our scale turn the beam.
啊 五月的玫瑰 亲爱的女郎
O rose of May! Dear maid,
好妹妹
kind sister,
奥菲利娅
sweet Ophelia!
天啊
O heavens!
一个少女的理智
Is’t possible, a young maid’s wits
也会像一个老人的生命一样受不起打击吗
should be as mortal as an old man’s life?
人类的天性由于爱情而格外敏感
Nature is fine in love, and where ’tis fine,
因为是敏感的 所以会把自己最珍贵的部分
it sends some precious instance of itself
舍弃给所爱的事物
after the thing It loves.
他们把他抬上柩架
they bore him barefaced on the bier
哎呀 哎呀 哎哎呀
hey nonny nonny, nonny, hey nonny, nonny, nonny, hey
在他坟上泪如雨下 再会 我的鸽子
and in his grave rain’d manya tear. Fare you well, my dove!
要是你没有发疯而激励我复仇
Hadst thou thy wits, and didst persuade revenge,
你的言语也不会比你现在这样子更使我感动了
It could Not move thus.
你应该唱”当啊当 还叫他啊当啊”
you must sing a-down a-down…
当啊当 还叫他啊当啊
An you! Call him! A-down a-down a-down…
哦 这纺轮转动的声音配合得多么好听
O, how the wheel becomes it!
把主人的女儿拐了去了 唱的是那坏良心的管家
It is the false steward, that stole his master’s daughter.
这一种无意识的话 比正言危论还要有力得多
This nothing’s more than matter.
这是迷迭香
There’s rosemary,
表示记忆的
that’s for remembrance.
爱人 请你记着吧
Pray, love, remember…
这是表示思想的三色堇
And there is pansies. That’s for thoughts.
这疯话很有道理 思想和记忆都提得很合适
A document in madness, thoughts and remembrance fitted.
这是给您的茴香
There’s fennel for you,
和漏斗花
and columbines…
这是给您的芸香 这儿还留着一些给我自己
There’s rue for you and here’s some for me.
我们不妨叫它慈悲草 遇到礼拜天
We may call it herb-grace o’ Sundays.
啊 您可以把您的芸香插戴得别致一点
O you must wear your rue with a difference.
这儿是一枝雏菊 我想要给您几朵紫罗兰
There’s a daisy. I wouldgive you some violets,
可是我父亲一死 它们全都谢了
but they withered all when my father died.
他们说他死得很好
They say he made a good end,
可爱的罗宾是我的宝贝
For bonny sweet Robin is all my joy.
忧愁 痛苦 悲哀和地狱中的磨难
Thought and affliction, passion, hell itself,
在她身上都变成了可怜可爱
she turns to favour and to prettiness.
他会不会再回来
And will he not come again?
他会不会再回来
And will he not come again?
不 不 他死了
No, no, he is dead.
你的命难保
Go to thy death-bed,
他再也不会回来
he never will come again.
他的胡须像白银
His beard was as white as snow,
满头黄发乱纷纷
all flaxen was his poll.
人死不能活
He is gone, he is gone,
且把悲声歇
and we cast away moan.
上帝饶赦他灵魂
God ha’ mercy on his soul!
求上帝饶赦一切基♥督♥徒的灵魂
And of all Christian souls…
上帝和你们同在
I pray God.
上帝啊
God be wi’ ye.
你看见这种惨事吗
Do you see this, O God?
雷欧提斯 我必须跟你详细谈谈
Laertes, I must commune with your grief,
关于你所遭逢的不幸
or you deny me right.
你不能拒绝我这一个权利
Go but apart, make choice of whom
你不妨先去选择几个你的最有见识的朋友
your wisest friends you will
请他们在你我两人之间做公正人
and they shall hear and judge ‘twixt you and me.
要是他们评断的结果
If by direct or by collateral
认为是我主动或同谋杀害的
hand they find us touch’d,
我愿意放弃我的国土 我的王冠 我的生命
we will our kingdom give, our crown, our life,
以及我所有的一切 作为对你的补偿
and all that we call ours, to you in satisfaction.
可是他们假如认为我是无罪的
But if not, be you content
那么你必须答应助我一臂之力
to lend your patience to us,
让我们两人开诚合作
and we shall jointly labour with
定出一个惩凶的方策来
your soul to give it due content.
就这样吧
Let this be so.
他死得这样不明不白
His means of death,
他的下葬又是这样偷偷摸摸的
his obscure burial…
他的尸体上没有一些战士的荣饰
No trophy, sword, nor hatchment o’er his bones,
也不曾替他举♥行♥一些哀祭的仪式
no noble rite nor formal ostentation
从天上到地下都在发出愤懑不平的呼声
cry to be heard, as ’twere from heaven to earth,
我不能不问一个明白
that I must call’t in question.
你可以明白一切 谁是真有罪的
So you shall and where the offence is,
让斧钺加在他的头上吧
let the great axe fall.
请你跟我来
I pray you, go with me.
要来见我说话的是些什么人
What are they that would speak with me?
是几个水手 主人 他们说他们有信要交给您
Sailors, sir. They say they have letters for you.
叫他们进来 倘不是哈姆莱特殿下差来的人
I do not know from what part of the world
我不知道在这世上的哪一部分会有人来看我
I should be greeted, if not from Lord Hamlet.
-上帝祝福您 先生 -愿他也祝福你
– God bless you, sir. – let him bless thee too.
他要是高兴 先生 他会祝福我们的
He shall, sir, an’t please him.
这儿有一封信给您 先生
There’s a letter for you, sir
它是从那位到英国去的钦使寄来的
it comes from the ambassador that was bound for England
要是您的名字果然是霍拉旭的话
if your name be Horatio, as I am let to know it is.
“霍拉旭 你把这封信看过以后
Horatio, when thou shalt have over looked this,
请把来人领去见一见国王
give these fellows some means tothe king
他们还有信要交给他
they have letters for him.
我们在海上的第二天
Ere we were two days old at sea,
就有一艘很凶猛的海盗船向我们追击
a pirate of very war like appointment gave us chase.
我们因为船行太慢 只好勉力迎敌
Finding ourselves too slow of sail,
在彼此相持的时候
we put on a compelled valour,
我跳上了盗船
and in the grapple I boarded them.
他们就立刻抛下我们的船 扬帆而去
On the instant they got clear of our ship
剩下我一个人做他们的俘虏
so I alone became their prisoner.
他们对待我很是有礼
They have dealt with me like thieves of mercy,
可是他们也知道这样作对他们有利
but they knew what they did
我还要重谢他们哩
I am to do a good turn for them.
把我给国王的信交给他以后
Let the king have the letters I have sent
请你就像逃命一般
and repair thou to me with as much haste
火速来见我
as thou wouldst fly death.
我有一些可以使你听了咋舌的话
I have words to speak in thine ear
要在你的耳边说
will make thee dumb
可是事实的本身比这些话还要严重得多
yet are they much too light for the bore of the matter.
来人可以把你带到我现在所在的地方
These good fellows will bring thee where I am.
罗森格兰兹和吉尔登斯吞
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern
到英国去了
hold their course for England,
关于他们我还有许多话要告诉你
of them I have much to tell thee.
再会 你的知心朋友哈姆莱特”
Farewell. He that thou knowest thine, Hamlet.
来 让我立刻就带你们去把你们的信送出
Come, I will give you way for these your letters
然后请你们尽快领我到
and do’t the speedier, that you may
那把这些信交给你们的那个人的地方去
direct me to him from whom you brought them.