这不是极其不可思议的吗
with forms to his conceit?
而且一点也不为了什么
And all for nothing!
为了赫卡柏 赫卡柏对他有什么相干
For Hecuba? What’s Hecubato him,
他对赫卡柏又有什么相干
or he to Hecuba,
他却要为她流泪
that he should weep for her?
要是他也有了像我所有的那样
What would he do, had he the motive
使人痛心的理由 他将要怎样呢
and the cue for passion that I have?
他一定会让眼泪淹没了舞台
He would drown the stage with tears
用可怖的字句震裂了听众的耳朵
and cleave the general ear with horrid speech,
使有罪的人发狂 使无罪的人惊骇
make mad the guilty, and appal the free,
使愚昧无知的人惊惶失措
confound the ignorant, and amaze, indeed,
使所有的耳目迷乱了它们的功能
the very faculties of eyes and ears.
可是我 一个糊涂颟顸的家伙 垂头丧气
Yet I, a dull and muddy-mettled rascal,
一天到晚像在做梦似的 忘记了杀父的大仇
peak, like John-a-dreams, unpregnant of my cause,
虽然一个国王给人家用万恶的手段掠夺了他的权位
and can say nothing. No, not for a king
杀害了他的最宝贵的生命
upon whose property and most dear
我却始终哼不出一句话来
life a damn’d defeat was made.
我是一个懦夫吗 谁骂我恶人
Am I a coward? Who calls mevillain?
谁敲破我的脑壳
Breaks my pate across?
谁拔去我的胡子 把它吹在我的脸上
Plucks off my beard and blows it in my face?
谁扭我的鼻子 谁当面指斥我胡说
Tweaks me by the nose? Gives me the lie i’ the throat
谁对我做这种事 嘿
as deep as to the lungs? Who does me this, ha?
我应该忍♥受
Swounds! I should take it for it
这样的侮辱
cannot be but I am pigeon-liver’d,
因为我是一个没有心肝 逆来顺受的怯汉
and lack gall to make oppression bitter, or ere this
否则我早已用这奴才的尸肉
I should have fatted all the
喂肥了满天盘旋的乌鸢了
region kites with this slave’s offal,
嗜血的 荒淫的恶贼
bloody, bawdy villain!
狠心的 奸诈的 淫邪的 悖逆的恶贼
Remorseless, treacherous, lecherous, kindless villain!
啊 复仇
O, vengeance!
嗨 我真是个蠢才
Why, what an ass am I! This is most brave, that I,
我的亲爱的父亲被人谋杀了
the son of a dear father murder’d,
鬼神都在鞭策我复仇
prompted to my revenge
我这做儿子的却像一个下流女人似的
by heaven and hell, must, like a whore,
只会用空言发发牢骚
unpack my heart with words
学起泼妇骂街的样子来 在我已经是了不得的了
and falla-cursing like a very drab, a scullion!
呸 呸 活动起来吧 我的脑筋
Fie upon’t! Foh! About, my brain!
我听人家说 犯罪的人在看戏的时候
I have heard that guilty creatures, sitting at a play,
因为台上表演的巧妙
have by the very cunning of the scene been struck so to the soul
有时会激动天良 当场供认他们的罪恶
that presently they have proclaim’d their male factions,
因为暗♥杀♥的事情无论干得怎样秘密
for murder, though it have no tongue, will speak with most
总会借着神奇的喉舌泄露出来 我要叫这班伶人
miraculous organ, I’ll have these players play
在我的叔父面前表演一本
something like the murder of
跟我的父亲的惨死情节相仿的戏剧
my father before mine uncle
我就在一旁窥察他的神色
I’ll observe his looks,
我要探视到他的灵魂的深处
I’ll tent him to the quick.
要是他稍露惊骇不安之态 我就知道我应该怎么办
If he but blench, I know my course.
我所看见的幽灵也许是魔鬼的化身
The spirit that I have seen may be the devil,
借着一个美好的形状出现 魔鬼是有这一种本领的
and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape, yea,
对于柔弱忧郁的灵魂 他最容易发挥他的力量
and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy,
也许他看准了我的柔弱和忧郁 才来向我作祟
as he is very potent with such spirits,
要把我引诱到沉沦的路上
abuses me to damn me
我要先得到一些比这更切实的证据
I’ll have grounds more relative than this.
凭着这一本戏
The play’s the thing wherein I’ll catch
我可以发掘国王内心的隐秘
the conscience of the king.
你们不能用迂回婉转的方法
And can you, by no drift of conference,
探出他为什么这样神魂颠倒
get from him why he puts on this confusion,
让紊乱而危险的疯狂
grating so harshly all his days of quiet
困扰他的安静的生活吗
with turbulent and dangerous lunacy?
他承认他自己有些神经迷惘
He does confess he feels himself distracted,
可是绝口不肯说为了什么缘故
but from what cause he will by no means speak.
他也不肯虚心接受我们的探问
Nor do we find him forward to be sounded,
当我们想要引导他吐露他自己的一些真♥相♥的时候
but, with a crafty madness, keeps aloof
他总是用假作痴呆的神气故意回避
when we would bring him on to some confession of his true state.
-他对待你们还客气吗 -很有礼貌
– Did he receive you well? – most like a gentleman.
可是不大自然 他很吝惜自己的话
But with much forcing of his disposition.
可是我们问他话的时候 他回答起来却是毫无拘束
Niggard of question, but, of our demands, most free in his reply.
你们有没有劝诱他找些什么消遣
Did you as say him to any pastime?
娘娘 我们来的时候
Madam, it so fell out that
刚巧有一班戏子也要到这儿来 给我们赶过了
certain players we o’er-raught on the way
我们把这消息告诉了他
of these we told him,
他听了好像很高兴
and there did seem in him a kind of joy to hear of it
现在他们已经到了宫里
they are about the court, and, as I think, they have already order
-我想他已经吩咐他们今晚为他演出了 -一点不错
– this night to play before him. – ‘Tis most true,
他还叫我来请两位陛下
and he be seech’d meto entreat your majesties
同去看看他们演得怎样哩
to hear and see the matter.
-同去看看他们演得怎样哩
With all my heart!
那好极了
And it doth much content meto hear him so inclin’d.
请你们两位还要更进一步鼓起他的兴味
Good gentlemen, give him a further edge,
把他的心思移转到这种娱乐上面
and drive his purpose in to these delights.
是 陛下
We shall, my lord.
亲爱的乔特鲁德 你也暂时离开我们
Sweet Gertrude, leave us too,
因为我们已经暗中差人
for we have closely sent for Hamlet hither,
去唤哈姆莱特到这儿来
that he, as ’twere by accident,
让他和奥菲利娅见见面 就像他们偶然相遇一般
may here affront Ophelia
她的父亲跟我两人将要权充一下密探
her father and myself, lawful espials,
躲在可以看见他们 却不能被他们看见的地方
will so bestow ourselves that, seeing, unseen,
我们会做正确的判断
we may of their encounter frankly judge,
注意他们会面的情形
and gather by him, as he is behav’d,
从他的行为上判断他的疯病
if’t be the affliction of his loveor no
究竟是不是因为恋爱上的苦闷
that thus he suffers for.
我愿意服从您的意旨
I shall obey you.
奥菲利娅
And for your part, Ophelia, I do wish
但愿你的美貌果然是哈姆莱特疯狂的原因
that your good beauties be the happy cause of Hamlet’s wildness,
更愿你的美德能够帮助他恢复原状
so shall I hope your virtues will bring him to his wonted way again,
-使你们两人都能安享尊荣 -娘娘 但愿如此
– to both your honours. – Madam, I wish It may.
奥菲利娅 你在这儿走走
Ophelia, walk you here.
陛下 我们就去躲起来吧
Gracious, so please you, we will bestow ourselves.
你拿这本书去读
Read on this book,
他看见你这样用功
that show of such an exercise may
就不会疑心你为什么一个人在这儿了
colour your loneliness.
人们往往用至诚的外表和虔敬的行动
We are oft to blame in this,’tis too much prov’d,
掩饰一颗魔鬼般的内心
that with devotion’s visage and pious action
这样的例子是太多了
we do sugar o’er the Devil himself.
啊 这句话是太真实了
O, ’tis too true!
它在我的良心上抽了多么重的一鞭
How smart a lash that speech doth give my conscience!
涂脂抹粉的娼妇的脸
The harlot’s cheek, beautied with plastering art,
还不及掩藏在
is not more ugly to the thing that helps it
虚伪的言辞后面的
than is my deed
我的行为更丑恶
to my most painted word.
难堪的重负啊
O heavy burden!
我听见他来了 我们退下去吧 陛下
I hear him coming let’s withdraw, my lord.
生存还是毁灭
To be, or not to be,
这是一个值得考虑的问题
that is the question
默然忍♥受命运的暴虐的毒箭
whether ’tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows
或是挺身反抗人世的无涯的苦难 通过斗争把它们扫清
of outrageous fortune or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
这两种行为 哪一种更高贵
and by opposing end them?
死了 睡着了 什么都完了
To die, to sleep, no more,
要是在这一种睡眠之中 我们心头的创痛
and by a sleep to say we end the heartache,
以及其他无数血肉之躯所不能避免的打击
and the thous and natural shocks
都可以从此消失
that flesh is heir to,
那正是我们求之不得的结局
tis a consummation devoutly to be wish’d.
死了 睡着了
To die, to sleep…
睡着了
To sleep!
也许还会做梦 嗯 阻碍就在这儿
Perchance to dreamay, there’s the rub,
因为当我们摆脱了这具皮囊以后 在那死的睡眠里
for in that sleep of death what dreams may come,
究竟将要做些什么梦 那不能不使我们踌躇顾虑
when we have shuffled off this mortal coil, must give us pause
人们甘心久困于患难之中 也就是为了这个缘故
there’s the respect that makes calamity of so long life,
谁愿意忍♥受人世的鞭挞和讥嘲
for who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
压♥迫♥者的凌♥辱♥ 傲慢者的冷眼
the oppressor’s wrong, the proud man’s contumely,