这一座美好的框架
goodly frame, the earth, seems to me a sterile promontory.
只是一个不毛的荒岬
This most excellent canopy, the air, look you, this…
这个覆盖众生的苍穹
brave o’erhanging firmament, this…
这一顶壮丽的帐幕
majestical roof fretted with golden fire,
这个金黄色的火球点缀着的庄严的屋宇
why, it appears no other thing to me than a foul
只是一大堆污浊的瘴气的集♥合♥
and pestilent congregation of vapours.
人类是一件多么了不得的杰作
What a piece of work is man!
多么高贵的理性 多么伟大的力量
How noble in reason! How infinite in faculties!
多么优美的仪表 多么文雅的举动
In form and moving, how express and admirable!
在行为上多么像一个天使
In action how like an angel,
在智慧上多么像一个天神
in apprehension, how like a god!
宇宙的精华 万物的灵长
The beauty of the world! The paragon of animals!
可是
And yet, to me,
在我看来
what is this…
这一个泥土塑成的生命算得了什么
quintessence of dust?
人类
Man
不能使我发生兴趣
delights not me.
不 女人也不能使我发生兴趣
No, nor woman neither,
虽然从你现在的微笑之中 我可以看到你在这样想
though by your smiling you seem to say so.
殿下 我心里并没有这样的思想
My lord, there was no such stuff in my thoughts.
那么当我说”人类不能使我发生兴趣”的时候
Why did you laugh then, when I said
你为什么笑起来
‘Man delights not me’?
我想 殿下 要是人类不能使您发生兴趣
To think, my lord, if you delight not in man,
那么那班戏子们恐怕要来自讨一场没趣了
what lenten entertainment the players shall receive from you.
我们在路上赶过了他们
We coted them on the way,
他们是要到这儿来向您献技的
and hither are they coming to offer you service.
扮演国王的那个人将要得到我的欢迎
He that plays the king shall be welcome,
要在他的御座之前致献我的敬礼
his majesty shall have tribute of me.
冒险的骑士可以挥舞他的剑盾
The adventurous knight shall use his foil and target,
情人的叹息不会没有酬报
the lover shall not sigh gratis,
躁急易怒的角色可以平安下场
the humorous man shall end his part in peace.
小丑将要使那班善笑的观众捧腹
The clown shall make those laugh whose lungs are tickle o’ the sere
我们的女主角可以坦白诉说她的心事
and the lady shall speak her mind freely,
无韵诗会停止 他们是一班什么戏子
or the blank verse shall halt for’t. What players are they?
就是您向来所欢喜的那一个班子
Even those you were wont to take such delight in,
-在城里专演悲剧的 -他们怎么走起江湖来了呢
– the tragedians of the city. – How chances It they travel?
固定在一个地方演戏 在名誉和进益上都要好得多哩
Their residence, both in reputation and profit, was better both ways.
我想他们不能在一个地方立足 是为了时势的变化
I think their inhibition comes by the means of the late innovation.
他们的名誉还是跟我在城里那时候一样吗
Do they hold the same estimation they did when I was in the city?
他们的观众还是那么多吗
Are they so followed?
不 他们现在已经大非昔比了
No, Indeed, are they not.
怎么会这样的 他们的演技退步了吗
How comes it? Do they grow rusty?
不 他们还是跟从前一样努力
Nay, their end eavour keeps in the wonted pace
可是 殿下
but there is, sir,
他们的地位已经被一群羽毛未丰的黄口小儿占夺了去
an aery of children, little eyases,
这些娃娃们的嘶叫
that cry out on the top of question,
博得了台下疯狂的喝采
and are most tyrannically clapped for’t
他们是目前流行的宠儿
these are now the fashion,
他们的声势压倒了所谓普通的戏班
and so be rattle the common stages,
以至于许多腰佩长剑的上流顾客
so they call them,
都因为惧怕批评家鹅毛管的威力
that many wearing rapiers are afraid of goose quills
而不敢到那边去
and dare scarce come thither.
什么 是一些童伶吗 谁维持他们的生活
What, are they children? Who maintains ’em? How are they escoted?
谁维持他们的生活 他们的薪工是怎么计算的
Will they pursue the quality no longer than they can sing?
他们一到不能唱歌♥的年龄
Will they not say after wards,
就不再继续他们的本行了吗
if they should grow themselves to common players,
要是他们赚不了多少钱
as it is most like,
长大起来多半还是要做普通戏子的
if their means are no better,
那时候难道他们不会抱怨写戏词的人把他们害了
their writers do them wrong to make them
因为原先叫他们挖苦备至的不正是他们自己的未来前途吗
exclaim against their own succession?
因真的 两方面闹过不少的纠纷
Faith, there has been much to do on both sides
全国的人都站在旁边恬不为意地呐喊助威
and the nation holds it no sinto
怂恿他们互相争斗
tarre them to controversy
曾经有一个时期
there was, for awhile,
一个脚本非得插♥进♥一段编剧家和演员争吵的对话
no money bid for argument
不然是没有人愿意出钱购买♥♥的
unless the poet and the player went to cuffs in the question.
有这等事
Is’t possible?
是啊 在那场交锋里 许多人都投入了大量心血
O, there has been much throwing about of brains.
结果是娃娃们打赢了吗
Do the boys carry it away?
正是 殿下
Ay, that they do,
连赫剌克勒斯和他背负的地球都成了他们的战利品
my lord, Hercules and his load too.
那也没有什么希奇 我的叔父是丹麦的国王
It is not very strange, for my uncle is king of Denmark,
那些当我父亲在世的时候对他扮鬼脸的人
and those that would make mouths at him while my father lived,
现在都愿意拿出二十 四十 五十
give twenty, forty, fifty,
一百块金洋来买♥♥他的一幅小照
a hundred ducats a-piece for his picture in little.
哼 这里面有些不是常理可解的地方
Sblood, there is something in this more than natural,
要是哲学能够把它推究出来的话
if philosophy could find it out.
这班戏子们来了
There are the players.
两位先生 欢迎你们到艾尔西诺来 把你们的手给我
Gentlemen, you are welcome to Elsinore. Your hands, come
欢迎总要讲究这些礼节 俗套
the appurtenance of welcome is fashion and ceremony.
让我不要对你们失礼 因为这些戏子们来了以后
Let me comply with you in this garb, lest my extent to the players,
我不能不敷衍他们一番 也许你们见了会发生误会
which I tell you must show fairly outward,
以为我招待你们还不及招待他们殷勤 我欢迎你们
should more appear like entertainment than yours.
可是我的叔父父亲和婶母母亲可弄错啦
But my uncle-father and aunt-mother are deceived.
弄错了什么 我的好殿下
In what, my dear lord?
天上刮着西北风 我才发疯
I am but mad north-north-west
风从南方吹来的时候 我不会把一只鹰当作了一只鹭鸶
when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw.
-祝福你们 两位先生 -听着 吉尔登斯吞
– Well be with you, gentlemen! – Hark you, Guildenstern,
你也听着 一只耳朵边有一个人听
and you too, at each ear a hearer
你们看见的那个大孩子
that great baby you see there is
还在襁褓之中 没有学会走路哩
not yet out of his swaddling clouts.
也许他是第二次裹在襁褓里
Happily he’s the second time come to them,
因为人家说 一个老年人是第二次做婴孩
for they say an old man is twice a child.
我可以预言他是来报告我戏子们来到的消息的
I will prophesy he comes to tell me of the players,
听好 你说得不错 在星期一早上 正是正是
mark it. You say right, sir o’Monday morning, ‘t was so indeed.
殿下 我有消息要来向您报告
My lord, I Have news to tell you.
大人 我也有消息要向您报告
My lord, I Have news to tell you.
当罗歇斯在罗马演戏的时候
When Roscius was an actor in Rome…
-那班戏子们已经到这儿来了 殿下 -嗤 嗤
– The actors are come hither, my lord. – Buzz, buzz!
凭着我的名誉起誓
Upon my honour,
那时每一个伶人都骑着驴子而来
Then came each actor on his ass,
他们是全世界最好的伶人
The best actors in the world,
无论悲剧 喜剧 历史剧 田园剧
either for tragedy, comedy, history, pastoral,
田园喜剧 田园史剧 历史悲剧 历史田园悲喜剧
pastoral-comical, historical-pastoral, tragical-historical,
正宗戏或是新派戏
tragical-comical-historical-pastoral,
他们无不拿手
scene individable,
塞内加的悲剧不嫌其太沉重
or poem unlimited Seneca cannot be too heavy
普鲁图斯的喜剧不嫌其太轻浮
nor Plautus too light.
无论在演出规律的或是自♥由♥的剧本方面
For the law of writ and the liberty,
他们都是唯一的演员
these are the only men.
以色列的士师耶弗他啊 你有一件怎样的宝贝
O Jephthah, judge of Israel, what a treasure hadst thou!
他有什么宝贝 殿下
What treasure had he, my lord?
他有一个独生娇女 爱她胜过掌上明珠
Why ‘One fair daughter, and no more, the which he loved passing well.’
-还在提我的女儿 -我念得对不对 耶弗他老头儿
– Still on my daughter! – Am I not i’ the right, old Jephthah?
要是您叫我耶弗他 殿下
If you call me Jephthah, my lord,
那么我有一个爱如掌珠的娇女
I have a daughter that I love passing well.
不 下面不是这样的
Nay, that follows not.
那么应当是怎样的呢 殿下
What follows, then, My lord?
上天不佑 劫数临头 下面你知道还有
Why ‘As by lot, Godwot,’ and then, you know,
偏偏凑巧 谁也难保”
It came to pass, as most like it was…’
要知道全文 请查这支圣歌♥的第一节,
The first row of the pious chanson will show you more,
因为 你瞧 有人来把我的话头打断了
for look where my abridgment comes.
欢迎 各位朋友 欢迎欢迎
You are welcome, masters! Welcome all.
我很高兴看见你这样健康 欢迎 列位
I am glad to see thee well. Welcome, good friends.
啊 我的老朋友
O, my old friend!
你的脸上比我上次看见你的时候 多长了几根胡子
Thy face isvalanc’d since I saw thee last,
格外显得威武啦 你是要到丹麦来向我挑战吗
comest thou to beard me in Denmark?
啊 我的年轻的姑娘 凭着圣母起誓
What, my young lady and mistress! By’r lady,
您穿上了一双高底木靴
your ladyship is nearer to heaven
比我上次看见您的时候更苗条得多啦
than when I saw you last,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!