啊 恕我冒昧
O, give me leave.
您好 哈姆莱特殿下
How does my good Lord Hamlet?
呃 上帝怜悯世人
Well, God a-mercy.
您认识我吗 殿下
Do you know me, my lord?
认识认识 你是一个卖♥♥鱼的贩子
Excellent well, you’re a fishmonger.
我不是 殿下
Not I, My lord.
那么我但愿你是一个和鱼贩子一样的老实人
Then I would you were so honest a man.
-老实 殿下 -嗯 先生 在这世上
– Honest, my lord! – Ay, sir, to be honest, as this world goes,
一万个人中间只不过有一个老实人
is to be one man picked out of ten thousand.
这句话说得很对 殿下
That’s very true, my lord.
要是太阳能在一条死狗尸体上孵育蛆虫
For if the sun breed maggots in a dead dog,
因为它是一块可亲吻的臭肉…
being a god kissing carrion…
-你有一个女儿吗 我有 殿下
– Have you a daughter? – I Have, My lord.
不要让她在太阳光底下行走 肚子里有学问是幸福
Let her not walk i’ the sun conception is a blessing,
但不是像你女儿肚子里会有的那种学问 朋友
but not as your daughter may conceive. Friend,
留心哪
look to it.
你们瞧 他念念不忘地提我的女儿
How say you by that? Still harping on my daughter
可是最初他不认识我 他说我是一个卖♥♥鱼的贩子
Yet he knew me not at first, he said I was a fishmonger.
他的疯病已经很深了 很深了
Is far gone, far gone
说句实话 我年轻的时候 为了恋爱也曾大发其疯
and truly in my youth I suffered much extremity for love,
那样子也跟他差不多哩 让我再去对他说话
very near this. I’ll speak to him again.
您在读些什么 殿下 -是些空话
– What Do you read, My lord? – Words.
空话
Words.
空话
Words!
-讲的是什么事 殿下 -谁同谁的什么事
– What is the matter, My lord? – Between who?
我是说您读的书里讲到些什么事 殿下
I mean, the matter that you read, my lord.
一派诽谤 先生
Slanders, sir
这个专爱把人讥笑的坏蛋在这儿说着
for the satirical rogue says here that
老年人长着灰白的胡须
old men have grey beards,
他们的脸上满是皱纹
that their faces are wrinkled, their eyes
他们的眼睛里粘满了眼屎
purging thick amber and plum-tree gum,
他们的头脑是空空洞洞的 他们的两腿是摇摇摆摆的
and that they have a plentiful lack of wit, together with most weak hams
这些话 先生 虽然我十分相信
all which, sir, though I most powerfully
可是照这样写在书上
and potently believe, yet I hold it
总有些有伤厚道 因为就是拿您先生自己来说
not honesty to have it thus set down, for you yourself, sir,
要是您能够像一只蟹一样向后倒♥退♥
shall grow old as I am, if, like a crab,
那么您也应该跟我一样年轻了
you could go backward.
这些虽然是疯话 却有深意在内
Though this be madness, yet there is a method in’t.
您要走进里边去吗 殿下 别让风吹着
Will you walk out of the air, my lord?
-走进我的坟墓里去 -那倒真是风吹不着的地方
– Into my grave? – Indeed, that is out o’ the air.
他的回答有时候是多么深刻
How pregnant sometimes his replies are!
疯狂的人往往能够说出
A happiness that often madness hits on,
理智清明的人所说不出来的话
which reason and sanity could not so prosperously be delivered of.
我要离开他 立刻就去
I will leave him and suddenly contrive the means
想法让他跟我的女儿见面
of meeting between him and my daughter.
殿下
My lord?
殿下 我要向您告别了
My lord, I will take my leave of you.
凡是我不愿意舍弃的东西 先生
You cannot, sir, take from me anything
你都无法从我这里带走
I would more willingly part withal,
但愿我也能够向我的生命告别
except my life.
但愿我也能够向我的生命告别…
Except my life…
-但愿我也能够向我的生命告别 -再会 殿下
– Except My life. – Fare you well, My lord.
这些讨厌的老傻瓜
These tedious old fools!
我的尊贵的殿下
My honoured lord!
你们要找哈姆莱特殿下 那儿就是
You go to seek the Lord Hamlet? There he is.
我的尊贵的殿下
My honoured lord!
-我的最亲爱的殿下 -我的好朋友们
– My most dear lord! – My excellent good friends!
你好 吉尔登斯吞 啊 罗森格兰兹
How dost thou, Guildenstern? Ah, Rosencrantz!
好孩子们 你们两人都好
good lads, How Do ye both?
不过像一般庸庸碌碌之辈 在这世上虚度时光而已
As the indifferent children of the earth.
无荣无辱便是我们的幸福
Happy in that we are not over-happy,
我们高不到命运女神帽子上的钮扣
on fortune’s cap we are not the very button.
-也低不到她的鞋底吗 -正是 殿下
– Nor the soles of her shoe? – Neither, My lord.
那么你们是在她的腰上 或是在她的怀抱之中吗
Then you live about her waist, or in the middle of her favours?
说老实话 我们是在她的私处
Faith, her privates we.
在命运身上秘密的那部分吗
In the secret parts of fortune?
啊 对了
O, most true,
她本来是一个娼妓 你们听到什么消息没有
she is a strumpet. What’s the news?
没有 殿下 我们只知道这世界变得老实起来了
None, my lord, but that the world’s grown honest.
那么世界末日快到了 可是你们的消息是假的
Then is dooms day near, but your news is not true.
让我再仔细问问你们
Let me question more in particular
我的好朋友们 你们在命运手里犯了什么案子
what have you, my good friends, deserved at the hands of fortune
-她把你们送到这儿牢狱里来了 -牢狱 殿下
– that she sends you to prison hither? – Prison, my lord!
-丹麦是一所牢狱 -那么世界也是一所牢狱
– Denmark’s a prison. – Then is the world one.
一所很大的牢狱 里面有许多监房♥ 囚室 地牢
A goodly one, in which there are many confines, wards, and dungeons,
-丹麦是其中最坏的一间 -我们倒不这样想 殿下
– Denmark being one o’ the worst. – We think not so, my lord.
啊 那么对于你们它并不是牢狱
Why, then ’tis none to you,
因为世上的事情本来没有善恶
for there is nothing either good or bad
都是各人的思想把它们分别出来的
but thinking makes it so
对于我它是一所牢狱
to me it is a prison.
啊 那是因为您的雄心太大 丹麦是个狭小的地方
Why, then, your ambition makes it one,
不够给您发展 所以您把它看成一所牢狱啦
’tis too narrow for your mind.
上帝啊 倘不是因为我总作恶梦
O God, I could be bounded in a nutshell,
那么即使把我关在一个果壳里
and count myself a king of infinite space,
我也会把自己当作一个拥有着无限空间的君王的
were it not that I have bad dreams.
那种恶梦便是您的野心
Which dreams, indeed, are ambition,
因为野心家本身的存在 也不过是一个梦的影子
for the very substance of the ambitious is merely the shadow of a dream.
一个梦的本身便是一个影子
A dream itself is but a shadow.
不错 因为野心是那么空虚轻浮的东西
Truly, and I hold ambition of so airy and light a quality
所以我认为它不过是影子的影子
that it is but a shadow’s shadow. Then are our beggars bodies,
那么我们的乞丐是实体
and our monarchs and out
我们的帝王和大言不惭的英雄 却是乞丐的影子了
stretch’d heroes the beggars’ shadows.
我们进宫去好不好 因为我实在不能陪着你们谈玄说理
Shall we to the court? For, by my fay, I cannot reason.
-我们愿意侍候殿下 -没有的事
– We’ll wait upon you. – No such matter
我不愿把你们当作我的仆人一样看待
I will not sort you with the rest of my servants, for…
老实对你们说吧 在我旁边侍候我的人全很不成样子
to speak to you like an honest man, I am most dreadfully attended.
可是 凭着我们多年的交情 老实告诉我
But, in the beaten way of friendship,
你们到艾尔西诺来有什么贵干
what make you at Elsinore?
我们是来拜访您来的 殿下 没有别的原因
To visit you, my lord, no other occasion.
像我这样一个叫化子 我的感谢也是不值钱的
Beggar that I am, I am even poor in thanks,
可是我谢谢你们
but I thank you
我想 亲爱的朋友们
and sure, dear friends,
你们专诚而来 只换到我的一声不值半文钱的感谢
my thanks are too dear a halfpenny.
未免太不值得了 不是有人叫你们来的吗
Were you not sent for? Is it your own inclining?
然是你们自己的意思吗 真的是自动的访问吗
Is it a free visitation? Come, deal justly with me.
来 不要骗我 来 来 快说
Come, Come Nay, speak.
叫我们说些什么话呢 殿下
What should we say, My lord?
无论什么话都行 只要不是废话 你们是奉命而来的
Why, anything but to the purpose. You were sent for,
瞧你们掩饰不了你们良心上的惭愧
and there is a kind of confession in your looks,
已经从你们的脸色上招认出来了
which your modesties have not craft enough to colour I know
我知道是我们这位好国王和好王后叫你们来的
the good king and queen have sent for you.
-那可要请你们指教我了 -为了什么目的呢 殿下
– to What end, My lord? – that you must teach me.
请求您殿下
But let me conjure you,
凭着我们朋友间的道义
by the rights of our fellowship,
凭我们的交情
by the consonancy of our youth,
凭着我们少年时候亲密的情谊
by the obligation of our ever-preserved love,
凭着我们始终不渝的友好的精神
and by what more dear
凭着比我口才好的人所能提的其他一切更有力量的理由
a better proposer could charge you withal,
让我要求你们开诚布公
be even and direct with me,
告诉我究竟你们是不是奉命而来的
whether you were sent for or no.
-你怎么说 -好 那么我看透你们的行动了
– What say you? – Nay, Then, I Have an eye of you.
要是你们爱我 别再抵赖了吧
If you love me, hold not off.
殿下 我们是奉命而来的
My lord, we were sent for.
让我代你们说明来意
I will tell you why,
免得你们泄漏了自己的秘密
so shall my anticipation prevent your discovery,
有负国王 王后的付托
and your secrecy to the king and queen moult no feather.
我近来不知为了什么缘故
I have of late, but wherefore I know not,
一点兴致都提不起来
lost all my mirth,
什么游乐的事都懒得过问
forgone all custom of exercises, and indeed,
在这一种抑郁的心境之下 仿佛负载万物的大地
it goes so heavily with my disposition that this…