“Lord Hamlet is a prince, out of thy star. This must not be.”
接着我就教训她
And then I prescripts gave her that she should…
叫她闭门不出 避而不见
lock herself from his resort,
不许接纳来使 不接受礼物
admit no messengers, receive no tokens.
殿下不死心 长话短说吧 他就抑郁寡欢
And he, repulsed, a short tale to make, fell into a sadness,
饭也不吃了 觉也不睡了
then into a fast, thence to a watch, thence to a weakness,
身子也弄虚了 深思也恍惚了
thence into a lightness, and by this declension…
弄得一天也不如一天 直弄到发疯
into that madness wherein now he raves…
还胡言乱语叫大家难过
and all we mourn for.
是这原因么
Do you think ’tis this?
很可能 是这原因
It may be, very likely.
我倒很想知道有哪一回
Hath there been such a time, I?d fain know that,
只要我肯定地说过是这样 而结果不这样
that I have positively said “‘Tis so” that it proved otherwise?
没有过
Not that I know.
把这个搬走 如果我说错了
Take this from this if this be otherwise.
怎么 再试验一下
How may we try it further?
陛下 他有时候在这走廊上就走个不停
You know, sometimes he walks four hours together here in the lobby.
-倒确实这样 -趁他这种时候
-So he does, indeed. -At such a time…
我放女儿出来
I’ll loose my daughter to him.
陛下和我躲在幕后边看他们相会
Be you and I behind an arras then.
他要不爱她
Mark the encounter. If he loves her not,
不是为了恋爱而丧失了理性
and be not from his reason fallen thereon,
那就解除我大臣的职务 让我回乡种田去
let me be no assistant for a state… but keep a farm and carters.
我们试试看
We will try it.
看 这可怜儿来了 一边念着书
But look where sadly the poor wretch comes reading.
走开 请您二位赶快走开
Away. I do beseech you both, away,
我去跟他招呼
I’ll board him presently.
二位请便
Oh, give me leave.
您这一向好 殿下
How does my good Lord Hamlet?
-好 天帮忙 -认识我么 殿下
-Well, God-a-mercy. -Do you know me, my lord?
-太认识了 你是个卖♥♥鱼的 -不是 殿下
-Excellent well. You are a fishmonger. -Not I, my lord.
-那但愿你真是个老实人 -老实 殿下
-Then I would you were so honest a man. -Honest, my lord?
对 大人 如今世道里找老实人
Aye, sir. To be honest as this world goes…
就是在一万个人里也难挑出一个来
is to be one man picked out of ten thousand.
说得有理 殿下
That’s very true, my lord.
太阳也能够在死狗身上养出蛆来
For if the sun breed maggots in a dead dog
你有女儿么
Have you a daughter?
-有的 殿下 -那别叫她晒太阳
-I have, my lord. -Let her not walk in the sun.
生男育女是福气
Conception is a blessing,
可你女儿受了孕
but as your daughter may conceive,
当心呢 朋友
friend, look to it.
这什么意思 还是不忘我女儿
How say you by that? Still harping on my daughter.
可起初认错人 说我是鱼贩子
Yet he knew me not at first. He said I was a fishmonger.
病很深了 很深
He’s far gone, far gone.
我再跟他谈谈
But I’ll speak to him again.
嗯 殿下在读什么
What do you read, my lord?
空话 空话 空话
Words, words, words.
-怎么回事 殿下 -谁跟谁
-What is the matter, my lord? -Between who?
-我问书上讲什么事 殿下 -全是造谣
-I mean, the letter that you read, my lord. -Slander, sir.
这个刻薄鬼说那个老年人长着灰白胡子
For the satirical rogue says here that old men have gray beards,
满脸还起着皱纹?
that their faces are wrinkled, their eyes purging thick amber…
满眼睛里头流着琥珀膏和橡树胶
and plum tree gum,
他的脑子糊里糊涂
that they have a plentiful lack of wit,
还长着两条小细腿
together with most weak hams.
这些话我虽然全相信了
All of which, sir, though I most powerfully believe,
可这种写法也未免太不成体统
yet I hold it not honesty to have it thus set down,
因为你迟早会长到像我这样的岁数
for you yourself, sir, shall be old as I am…
只要你能学螃蟹倒着爬
if like a crab you could go backward.
虽然是疯话 却也说得有条有理
Though this be madness, yet there’s method in’t.
-您是想去哪儿避风啊 -进坟墓去
-Will you walk out of the air, my lord? -Into my grave?
哼 那儿倒是真避风
Indeed, that is out of the air.
他的对答实在有意思
How pregnant sometimes his replies are.
殿下
My honorable lord,
请您给个方便 我少陪了
I will most humbly take my leave of you.
大人 我不能给您别的
You cannot, sir, take from me anything
这正是我所最最愿意给的
that I will more willingly part withal.
给我的生命
Except my life.
我的生命
Except my life.
我的生命
Except my life.
读这本书
Read on this book.
做出做功课的样子 人家就不疑心了
That show of such an exercise may color your loneliness.
陛下 我们就进去躲着吧
Gracious, so please you, we’ll bestow ourselves.
莪菲丽雅 走动走动
Ophelia, walk you here.
陛下 我们快走
Let’s withdraw, my lord.
别做声
Soft you now.
美丽的莪菲丽雅
The fair Ophelia.
女神 您祷告的时候别忘了替我忏悔啊
Nymph, in thy orisons be all my sins remembered.
好殿下
Good, my lord!
这一阵子您的身体好么
How does Your Honor for this many a day?
多承您下问
I humbly thank you.
好啊 好啊 好啊
Well, well, well.
殿下 有一些您的纪念品
My lord, I have remembrances of yours…
我一直想 想还给您
that I have longed long to redeliver.
现在请您收回吧
I pray you now, receive them.
不 不收
No, not I.
我没送过你东西
I never gave you aught.
殿下 您明明知道您送过
My honored lord, you know right well you did.
您还 还说过许多甜蜜的话
And with them, words of so sweet breath composed…
加深礼物的意义
as made the things more rich.
香味变了就收回吧
Their perfume lost, take these again,
因为送礼的人一旦变了心
for to the noble mind, rich gifts wax poor…
重礼也变轻
when givers prove unkind.
拿去吧
There, my lord.
你真诚吗
Are you honest?
殿下
My lord?
我的确爱过你
I did love you once.
我也真这样相信过 殿下
Indeed, my lord, you made me believe so.
你不应该相信我
You should not have believed me.
你到尼姑庵去吧
Get thee to a nunnery.
你干嘛要生育罪人呢
Why wouldst thou be a breeder of sinners?
我是相当洁身自好的 可是我还是犯了那么多的过失
I am myself indifferent honest, but yet I could accuse me of such things…
我但愿我母亲没有生过我
that it were better my mother had not borne me.
我非常骄傲
I am very proud,
很记仇
revengeful,
有野心
ambitious,
我那些犯罪的念头多得连思想都容纳不下
with more offenses at my beck than I have thoughts to put them in,
多得不能想象 不能够一一来实行
imagination to give them shape, or time to act them in.
像我这样的人何必在世界上行尸走肉呢
What should such fellows as I do crawling between heaven and earth?
我们都是无赖 你都别相信
We are arrant knaves all. Believe none of us.
到尼姑庵去吧
Go thy ways to a nunnery.
你父亲呢
Where’s your father?
在家 殿下
At home, my lord.
把他关起来 别让他到外边来
Let the doors be shut upon him,
就让他在家里当傻瓜吧
that he may play the fool nowhere but in his own house.
-再见 -哦 天哪 救救我吧
-Farewell! -Oh, help me, you sweet heavens.
我知道你们怎么涂胭脂抹粉的
I have heard your paintings too, well enough!
上帝给你们一张脸 你们又自个造一个
God hath given you one face, and you make yourselves another.
扭扭捏捏娇声骄气
You jig, you amble, you lisp.
你们替神创造了人还装腔作势假装不知道
You nickname God’s creatures and make your wantonness your ignorance.
你快点进尼姑庵去吧 快点去吧 再见
Get thee to a nunnery, and quickly, too. Farewell!
你们要嫁人就嫁给傻瓜吧
Or if thou wilt needs marry, marry a fool,
因为聪明人知道你们会把他们变成什么样的怪物
for wise men know well enough what monsters you make of them.
得了吧 我不想领教
Go to! I’ll no more of it!
都害得我发疯了
It hath made me mad.
我说再也不要结什么婚了
I say we will have no more marriages!
那些结过婚的人
Those that are married already,
除了一个人 都可以活
all but one shall live!
没有结婚的再也不许结了
The rest shall stay as they are.
进尼姑庵去吧 去吧
To a nunnery… go.
爱情 他感情不是朝这里发泄
Love! His affections do not that way tend.
他说的话虽然有些颠倒

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!