口吃是冲突和恐惧的问题。
Stuttering is a matter of conflict and fear.
也许对你来说,是害怕失败。
Maybe in your case, fear of failure.
现在我们可能无法治愈所有的口吃,但我相信我们能治好你的口吃。
Now we may not be able to cure all of it, but I’m sure we’ll be able to fix that stuttering.
毕竟,我们还有一整年的时间去尝试。
After all, we’ve got a whole year to try.
让我们开始吧。
So let’s get started.
现在,闭上你的眼睛,假装你是独自一人,你会看到你脑海中的文字……这句话,希望是所有人之母。
Now, close your eyes and pretend that you’re all alone, and you see words in your mind… The words, hope is the mother of all men.
现在,闭上你的眼睛读你所看到的。
Now, close your eyes and read what you see.
希望……是………妈妈。的……所有……男人。
Hope… Is… the… Mother… Of… all… Men.
它工作。
It worked.
很好。现在,让我们再试一次。
Good. Now, let’s try it again.
嗯,希望”。是母亲……所有的男人。
Uh, hope”. Is the mother… Of all men.
膨胀。
Swell.
校长先生,各位老师,各位来宾…
Mr. Principal, members of the faculty, honored guests…
1941届毕业生们,希望……希望是人类之母。
Fellow graduates of the class of 1941, hope… Hope is the mother of all men.
当我们离开这些神圣的殿堂时,我们每一个人都必须无畏地坚守对未来希望的信念。
And as we leave these hallowed halls, we must, each one of us, fearlessly hold on to the belief in the promise of the future.
我们的成就是无限的。
There is no limit to our achievement.
你在想什么,中尉,以为我是个懦夫吗?
What are you thinking, lieutenant, that I’m a coward?
你是这么想的吗?
Is that what you’re thinking?
想起了过去的学生时代。
Thinking of dear old school days.
这是一个笑!
That’s a laugh!
不!我在想,你处理过一次恐惧,就能再处理一次。
No! I was thinking you handled fear once, you can handle it again.
康罗伊先生,你以前有过化学反应吗?
Mr. Conroy, have you ever had chemistry before?
现在听到这个。
Now hear this.
现在听到这个。
Now hear this.
全体人员到登船站集♥合♥。
All hands go to debarkation stations.
全体人员到登船站集♥合♥。
All hands go to debarkation stations.
好,中尉。
Ok, lieutenant.
让我们走。
Let’s walk.
我想告诉你们这些没打过仗的人害怕是正常的。我们都害怕。
I want to tell you men who’ve never been in combat before that it’s ok to be scared. We’re all scared.
但如果有人想吐,现在就吐。
But if anybody feels like vomiting, do it now.
是什么阻碍了我们?让我们转入”。
What’s holdin’ us up? Let’s get rollin’.
你要降落多少次才能知道我们在这里盘旋,直到他们准备好?
How many landings you gotta make to learn we circle out here until they’re ready for us?
我只是急着回家,仅此而已。
I’m in a hurry to get home, that’s all.
你和你的帅哥朋友,是吗?
You and pretty boy buddies, are ya?
当然。我们互相照顾。
Sure. We kinda look after each other.
他的强硬。
He’s tough.
他是个好人,但他很强硬。
He’s a nice fellow, but he is tough.
有什么事吗,中尉?
Something the matter, lieutenant?
滚出去。
Get out of here.
医生,你最好和安德森谈谈。
Hey, doc, you better talk to Anderson.
他有点疼。
He’s in some kind of pain.
他找我了吗?
Did he ask for me?
那就放过我吧。
Then let me alone.
但是,医生,我…如果他需要我,他会找我的。
But, doc, I… If he needs me, he’ll ask for me.
听着,医生,我是他的老朋友。
Now, look, doc, I’m an old friend of his.
我告诉过你,别理我。
Let me alone, I told you.
我愿意为安德森做任何事,但这由不得我。
I’d do anything for Anderson, but it ain’t up to me.
我应该待在属于我的农场里,和牛一起干活。
I ought to be on my farm where I belong, working with cows.
对牛的判断很容易。
It’s easy to figure right and wrong with cows.
那烟斗真漂亮,中尉。
That’s a honey of a pipe, lieutenant.
说,非常感谢。
Say, thanks a lot.
算了吧,医生。
Forget it, doc.
我以前学校的校长寄给我的。
The principal of my old school sent it to me.
我不抽烟斗。
I don’t smoke pipes.
嘿,嗯…你在塔拉瓦给我注射血浆做得很好。
Hey, uh… You did a fine ob getting that plasma into me at tarawa.
算了吧,先生。
Forget it, sir.
医疗部门说我很快就能出院了。
The medical brass say I’ll be out of here pretty soon.
没关系,中尉。
Hey, that’s fine, lieutenant.
是的。
Yeah.
坐下来。
Sit down.
去吧,没关系的。
Go ahead, it’s all right.
外面有个老巫婆护士她的耳朵像雷达,舌头像火铃。
There’s an old witch of a nurse out there with an ear like radar and a tongue like a fire bell.
呵呵呵。
Heh heh.
你知道什么是心理偏头痛吗?
You know what psychological migraine is?
头痛得厉害,没有功能障碍。
A lot of pain in the head, no functional disorder.
对一个三年前在南达科塔州撒粪肥的人来说,你还挺胖的。
Heh heh, for a guy who was a manure spreader in south Dakota three years ago, you’re pretty hep.
我一直想成为一名医生。
Well, I always wanted to be a doctor.
你知道偏头痛从何而来吗?
You know where a migraine comes from?
我不是那只鸡,中尉。
I ain’t that hep, lieutenant.
它来自于太多次的害怕和想要逃跑……而不是逃跑。
It comes from being scared too many times and wanting to run away… And not running away.
我得到了它。
I got it.
医生怎么说?
What do the doctors say?
我还没告诉他们。我不会这么做的。
I haven’t told them. I’m not going to.
我想让你看看,我有足够的这些东西让我活下去。
I want you to see that I’m supplied with enough of these to keep me going.
如果中尉不介意我这么说的话,那他就是个五星傻瓜。
If the lieutenant will excuse the expression, the lieutenant is a 5-star fool.
你有机会回美国,你不想活了吗?
You have a chance to go back to the states, don’t you want to live?
中间走道的那位先生说不行。
The gentleman on the middle aisle says no.
这是任何解释。
That’s no explanation.
未来呢?
What about the future?
你的教学怎么样?
What about your teaching?
哈。
Heh.
是啊,我以前站在那里,假装知道所有答案,很开心,但现在呢?在这之后教高中男生们科学的光明新世界?
Yeah, I used to get a bang standing up there, pretending to know all the answers, but now? Teach high school boys the bright new world of science after this?
医生,花生能让你有未来。
Oh, doc, you can have the future for peanuts.
听着,如果你认为未来…当我开始在运河上作战时,我的排里有44个人。
Listen, if you think the future… I had 44 men in my platoon when I started out on the canal.
现在我有37个替代品。
Now I’ve got 37 replacements.
我只相信幸存者。
I believe in nothing but the survivors.
听着,关于未来,你…鸽子巷,泼妇,小男孩,coffman, Conroy, zelenko,还有你,你是我在这个世界上仅剩的一切。
Listen, about the future, you… Pigeon Lane, slattery, petty boy, coffman, Conroy, zelenko, and you, you’re all I’ve got left in the world.
我想在外面呆到死……或者直到我们都死了。
I want to stay out here till I’m dead… Or till we’re all dead.
那么,这些止痛药呢?
Now, how about these painkillers?
这对你没什么帮助。
It ain’t gonna help you very much.
他们只是暂时的。
They’re only temporary.
哈,我也是。
Ha, so am I.
听着,关于这种心理偏头痛,我知道你必须自己克服,不需要药物。
Listen, about this psychological migraine, I know that it’s something you’ve got to beat down by yourself without medicine.
是还是不是,医生?
Yes or no, doc?
如果你不解决你自己的问题,你就会像个成年人一样,紧紧抓着你妈妈的围裙。
If you don’t solve your own problems, you’re gonna be like a full-grown man hangin’ on to your mama’s apron strings.
是或否?
Yes or no?
这是命令吗?
Is that an order?
好吧,我来。
Ok, I’ll do it.
谢谢。
Thanks.
但你对未来的看法是错的。
Yeah, but you’re wrong about the future.
嗯,我是个农民。
Well, I was a farmer.
如果我们不相信未来,我们就不会种小麦来做面包。
If we didn’t believe in the future, we’d never grow wheat to make the bread.
得了吧,医生。我累了。
Oh, beat it, doc. I’m tired.
哦,对不起。我…由来已久。
Oh, sorry. I… Solong.
哦,你好,医生。
Oh, hello, doc.
怎么了,你病了吗?
What’s the matter, you sick?
不,我是来见警督的。
No, I came to see the lieutenant.
——嗨,带给人。-进来吧。
– Hi, coffman. – Come on in.
——中尉,我……-我给你带了一本书。
– Lieutenant, I… – I brought you a book.
哦,谢谢。
Oh, thanks.
非常感谢。
Thanks very much.
呃,中尉,我…我只是过来谢谢你。
Uh, lieutenant, I… I ust dropped by to thank you.
为了什么?
For what?
谢谢你在塔拉瓦把我从酒里救出来。
For pullin’ me out of the drink at tarawa.
我在塔拉瓦没把任何人从酒里救出来。
I pulled no one out of the drink at tarawa.
但是,中尉,他们告诉我你…算了吧,coffman,在这场战争中,每个人都是救星。
But, lieutenant, they told me that you… Forget it, coffman, in this war, everybody’s a lifesaver.
但是,中尉,有人救了你的命,只有感谢他才体面。
But, lieutenant, a man saves your life, it’s only decent to thank him.
算了吧。
Forget it.
这是什么,露天烧烤吗?
What is this, a clambake?
老巫婆,是吗?
The old witch, huh?
哈。
Heh.
我看到副队又在抱怨我了。
I see the lieutenant’s been complaining about me again.
哦,不。不,不,不。
Oh, no. No, no, no.
他对你评价很高。
He spoke very highly of you.
你是一个骗子。哦!
You’re a liar. Oh!
哦,我很抱歉。
Oh, I’m sorry.
怎么了,医生?
What’s the matter, doc?
你紧张吗?你的烟斗掉了。
You nervous? You dropped your pipe.
哦,谢谢。非常感谢。
Oh, thanks. Thanks a lot.
我做对了吗?
Did I do the right thing?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!