“来自蒙特祖玛的大厅”
“ from the halls of montezuma “
to the coast of Tripoli
“ to the shores of Tripoli “
我们战斗 ”
“ we fight “
我们国家的战役
“ our country’s battles “
在陆地上和在海上一样
“ on the land as on the sea “
对民族的崇拜
“ admiration of the nation “
我们是有史以来最好的
“ we’re the finest ever seen “
我们以为标题而自豪
“ and we glory in the title “
美国海军陆战队的 ”
“ of United States marines “
“来自蒙特祖玛的大厅”
“ from the halls of montezuma “
to the coast of Tripoli
“ to the shores of Tripoli “
我们为祖国而战
“ we fight our country’s battles “
在陆地上和在海上一样
“ on the land as on the sea “
对民族的崇拜
“ admiration of the nation “
我们是有史以来最好的
“ we’re the finest ever seen “
我们以为标题而自豪
“ and we glory in the title “
美国海军陆战队的 ”
“ of United States marines “
美国海军陆战队的 ”
“ of United States marines “
吉弗伦上校将向士兵们讲话。
Colonel gilfillan will address the men.
是,是,先生。
Aye, aye, sir.
现在听到这个。
Now hear this.
现在听到这个。
Now hear this.
海军陆战队,b连,第一营,我是吉弗伦上校。
Marines, company b, first battalion, this is colonel gilfillan.
我们很快就会登陆日本人占领的岛屿。
We’re gonna be landing on a ap-held island before long.
我之前跟你们说过的几件事我认为值得重复一遍。
A couple of things I’ve said to you before I think are worth repeating.
当你到达海滩时,会有很多噪音,烟雾和混乱。
When you hit that beach, there’s gonna be a lot of noise and smoke and confusion.
你们得盯紧你们的班长和排长。
You’re gonna have to keep your eyes on your squad leaders and platoon leaders.
我不想让迷路的小羊羔到处乱跑。
I don’t want any lost little lambs runnin’ around.
你知道羊羔的下场。
You know where lambs end up.
让我们直说吧,这是一个大岛。
And let’s get it straight, this is a big island.
还有很多事情我们还不知道,还有很多我们得从日本鬼子身上找到答案。
There’s a lot about it we don’t know yet, and a lot we’re gonna have to find out from the aps themselves.
我们过去常说,只有死的日本人才是好日本人。
We used to say that the only good ap was a dead ap.
我会提醒你们这已经改变了。
I’ll remind you that that’s changed.
从现在开始,一个好日本人也是一个会告诉我们事情的日本俘虏。
From here on in, a good ap is also a ap prisoner who tells us things.
现在,这是一个命令。
Now, this is an order.
只要有可能,你们就要抓俘虏。
Whenever possible, you will take prisoners.
我再说一遍,你们要抓俘虏。
I say again, you will take prisoners.
我们中的一些人在瓜岛和塔拉瓦岛都在一起。
Some of us were together at guadalcanal and again at tarawa.
我很自豪能和你在一起。
I was proud to be with you.
我知道在这之后一切都会一样。
I know it will be the same after this.
相信我,这次旅行是必要的。
Believe me, this trip is necessary.
全体人员,祝你们好运。
All hands, good luck.
我们海滩上见。
I’ll see you on the beach.
你不知道吗,我会感冒的。
Wouldn’t you know, I’d get a stinkin’ cold.
怎么了,惠特尼?
What’s the matter, Whitney?
我不喜欢我做的梦。
I don’t like the dreams I’ve been having.
啊,别担心。
Ah, don’t let it worry you.
在日本的两个岛上,我还在这里。
Pvelanded on two ap islands, and I’m still here.
是啊,但我要取代的那个人,他在哪?
Yeah, but this guy I’m a replacement for, where’s he?
有半英寸威士忌。
Got a half inch of whiskey.
这是我在这世上仅剩的一切了。
It’s all I got left in the world.
你想要的吗?我不喝。
You want it? I don’t drink.
你会的。
You will.
我一到手就会多做一些。
Gonna make some more the first minute I get.
不,谢谢,我不喝酒。
No, thanks, I don’t drink.
好吧,帮我把这个拿到岸上。
Ok, ust take this ashore for me.
来吧。
Come on.
它是什么?
What is it?
这是一个gazintuh。
It’s a gazintuh.
这个除以这个。
This goes into that.
这是一个仍然!
It’s a still!
嘘!
Shh!
把它弄上岸。
ust get it ashore.
小心泽连科中士。
Watch out for sergeant zelenko.
但我不喝酒。
But I don’t drink.
是的,我知道。你告诉过我,但我知道。
Yeah, I know. You told me, but I do.
现在听到这个。
Now hear this.
现在听到这个。
Now hear this.
所有部队都在下面准备下船。
All troops lay below and prepare to debark.
所有部队都在下面准备下船。
All troops lay below and prepare to debark.
嘿,你,惠特尼。
Hey, you, Whitney.
你拿的是什么,蒸馏器吗?
What are you carrying, a still?
中士,我不…听着,伙计,我们还有仗要打。
Sergeant, I don’t… Now, look, pal, we’ve a war to fight.
是啊,你要清醒地对抗。
Yeah, and you’re gonna fight it sober.
警官,我不喝酒。
Sergeant, I don’t drink.
跟我来。
Come with me.
现在,听我说……你的新男人……一步。
Now, listen to me… You new men… Step up here.
别让泼妇骗你,让你惹上麻烦。
Don’t let slattery give you a snow ob and get you into trouble.
他就像在飓风中孵蛋的母鸡一样笨。
He’s got no more sense than a setting hen in a hurricane.
这就是为什么他在海军陆战队服役的时间比任何人都长……他会以二等兵身份死去。
That’s why he’s been a private longer than any man in the marine corps… And he’ll die a private.
别和他有任何关系。
Don’t have nothin’ to do with him.
但遇到困难的时候,要像膏药一样粘着他。
Except when things get tough, stick to him like plaster.
他是我认识的最好的战士。
The best fighting man I know.
但在这之前和之后,他都是一个一无是处、烧钱、喝杜松子酒的马头。
But before and after, he’s a no-good, money-burnin’, gin-drinkin’ horsehead.
现在,我们走吧。
Now, let’s get moving.
有很多煤要挖。
Got a lot of coal to dig.
嘿,zelenko !
Hey, zelenko!
中尉安德森在哪儿?
Where’s lieutenant Anderson?
考夫曼,你不必这么担心。
Coffman, you shouldn’t worry so much.
他会来这。
He’ll be here.
是的,但他说他会在甲板上和我们碰头,一如既往。
Yeah, but he said he’d meet us on the deck, like always.
脱下你的背包,松开你的打底裤。
Take your pack off and loosen your leggings.
他以前错过过火车吗?
Did he ever miss a train before?
嘿,中尉在哪儿?
Hey, where’s the lieutenant?
我不知道。
I don’t know.
中尉,我…中尉,我…我去不了了。
Lieutenant, I… Lieutenant, I… I can’t make it.
我病了。
I’m sick.
你得把我赶出去。
You gotta scratch me out.
Ewmd请,中尉……你得带我离开这个平台。
Ewmd please, lieutenant… You’ve gotta get me out of this landing.
我不能再逍遥法外了,因为…塔拉瓦,运河。
I can’t get away with it anymore after… Tarawa, the canal.
叫我疯子吧,军事法庭的我。
Call me a psycho, court-martial me.
我不在乎!
I don’t care!
战争的声音从我耳朵里冒出来了!我病了!
The war’s comin’ out of my ears! I’m sick!
我也一样。
So am I.
你听到了吗,中尉?
Do you hear me, lieutenant?
你听到了吗?
Do you hear me?
我听到你。
I hear you.
我们俩都是耳边风。
Both of us had it comin’ out of our ears.
那我该怎么跟他说,想想冰淇淋苏打水,国♥庆♥日吗?
So what do I tell him, think of ice cream sodas, fourth of uly?
这里没有乐队演奏。
There are no bands playing here.
我第一次见到他时,他也一样害怕……一百年前。
The first time I saw him he was ust as scared… A hundred years ago.
在新学期的第一天,向大家问好。
Greetings, on this first day of the new term.
我看到有个从克♥林♥顿♥高中转过来的学生。
Oh, I see we have a transfer from Clinton high school.
康罗伊先生,你以前有过化学反应吗?
Mr. Conroy, have you ever had chemistry before?
康罗伊。
Conroy.
好了,说出来。你结结巴巴的吗?
Well, speak up. Are you tongue-tied?
他s-s-stutters。
He s-s-stutters.
安静。
Quiet.
对不起,康罗伊先生。
I apologize, Mr. Conroy.
你可以坐下了。
You may sit down.
好了,康罗伊,跟我慢慢说,希望是人类之母。
All right, Conroy, repeat slowly after me, hope is the mother of all men.
希望……是母亲……所有的男人。
Hope… is the mother… Of all men.
呃,希望是…现在,等一下。
Uh, h-h-hope is t-t-the… Now, wait a minute.
看最上面那一行,好吗?
Read that top line, will ya?
前一个。
The top one.
嗯…s-s-September……23日……1940.
Uh… s-s-September… 23rd… 1940.
你就在那里。你看到了什么?
There you are. You see?
你读书的时候就不那么口吃了。
You don’t stutter as much when you read.
不,不是……并不多。
No, not… not much.
斯图尔特,听我说。
Now, Stuart, listen to me.