Just like Mr. Futterman said.
就是法特曼先生说的精灵
Now I have another reason to hate Christmas.
现在又有另一个理由 来恨圣诞节了
What are you talking about?
嘿,你在说什么?
The worst thing that ever happened to me was on Christmas.
圣诞节我曾遇到不幸的事
Oh, God. It was so horrible.
哦,天哪!那真是可怕
It was Christmas Eve.I was 9 years old.
就在圣诞夜,那年我九岁
Me and Mom were decorating the tree waiting for Dad to come home from work.
我和妈在布置圣诞树 等着爹回来
A couple hours went by.Dad wasn’t home.
几个小时过去了,爹没回来
So Mom called the office. No answer.
妈打电♥话♥到他公♥司♥,没人接
Christmas Day came and went, and still nothing.
圣诞节过了,爹还是音讯全无
So the police began a search.
警♥察♥就四处搜寻
Four or five days went by.Neither one of us could eat or sleep.
经过四,五天的时间 我跟妈吃不下也睡不着
Everything was falling apart.
所有的事情都不对劲
It was snowing outside.The house was freezing, so I went to try to light up the fire.
外头正下着雪,屋里好冻 我就起身,想去生火
That’s when I noticed the smell.
我那时闻到一股气味
The firemen came and broke through the chimney top.
消防人员从烟囱顶进入
And me and Mom were expecting them to pull out a dead cat or a bird.
我和妈以为他们会拖出 死猫或死鸟
And instead they pulled out my father.
不想却拖出了我死去的爹
He was dressed in a Santa Claus suit.
他穿着圣诞老人的衣服
He’d been climbing down the chimney…
在圣诞夜时爬进烟囱
…his arms loaded with presents.He was gonna surprise us.
他怀里捧了好多礼物 想给我们一个惊喜
He slipped and broke his neck. He died instantly.
他滑了跤,跌断了颈子 就这样去世了
And that’s how I found out there was no Santa Claus.
我从此就知道 没有圣诞老人这回事
Don’t worry about that smoke. It’ll stop. It’s guaranteed.
不要担心烟,它会消散的 保证消散
Barney, shut up! Don’t start with me. I got a long way to go.
巴恩尼,住嘴,别烦我 今晚有好长一段路要赶呢
Shut up!
住嘴
Where did they all go?
他们都到哪儿去了?
It’ll be light soon.
天就要亮了
I bet they’re all together someplace dark.
他们一定躲在某个阴暗的地方
Mogwai!
魔怪
They’re inside. All of them?
他们在里面 全部吗
What are they doing?
他们在干嘛?
They’re watching Snow White.
在看白雪公主的电影
And they love it.
他们很喜欢这部电影
Where’s the boiler room? It’s in the back of the theater.
蒸汽锅房♥在哪儿? 就在戏院后头,来吧
Down there.
在下面
Milk Duds.
奶糖豆
Cover your mouth. Don’t breathe any gas.
把嘴蒙住,别吸到瓦斯了
Billy
比利?
Go.
走了
Billy
比利
Billy
比利?
Billy
比利
Hurry up!
快点
Go, Katie! Watch out!
走吧,凯特,小心
Come on!
快跑
In the department store.
比利,你看百货公♥司♥里
Stripe!
是史崔普
That’s Stripe. He’s the leader.
是史崔普,他是带头的
If he gets to water, it’ll start all over again.
如果他碰了水 旧事就要重演了
Take Giz. Go back and try and find some kind of light switch.
带着小精灵回去 找找看有没有电灯开关
Careful, Billy.
当心点,比利
Attention, Christmas shoppers. Saturday morning at 8:30, we’ll have Santa Claus for all the kiddies.
请注意,圣诞老公公 在周日上午八点半造访…
Attention, shoppers.
请注意…
Light bright!
光…
Bye-bye.
永别了
It takes a certain kind of guy.
…我需要男人的爱
And that guy needs a certain kind of dame.
那个男人需要女人的爱
Water!
水…
Barney
巴恩尼
Gizmo ca-ca!
小精灵
Gizmo
小精灵
Light bright! Light bright!
光
What the hell is that?
那是什么鬼东西?
Your scarf.
爹,你的围巾给我
This is Lew Landers, WDHB’s Action Central News at the site of Dorry’s Tavern.
我是路兰德斯 WDHB中♥央♥新闻
or what used to be Dorry’s Tavern, in Kingston Falls where officials blame…
记者在多利酒店 金斯顿弗尔斯的多利酒店
…mass hysteria for the escalating series of unexplained…
警方发现一连串无法无天 的歇斯底里行为
…accidents, fires and explosions
还有纵火,爆♥炸♥事件
that rocked this once-peaceful town on Christmas Eve.
使这原本
The bizarre demise of Mrs. Ruby Deagle, widow…
过着平安夜的小城
…of convicted stock-swindler Donald Deagle…
人心惶惶
Don’t chew that. Don’t chew.
不要咬,不要咬
I bet he’d like some chicken soup.
我想他会喜欢喝鸡汤的
Honey, this is the gentleman who sold me the mogwai.
甜心,就是这位先生 卖♥♥魔怪给我的
“Sold.” An interesting choice of words.
卖♥♥,真有趣的字眼
Conflicting eyewitness reports concerning “little green men”…
有许多目击者报告 关于小绿东西的事迹
You teach him to watch television?
你教他看电视
I NO
我… 不好
There was, I believe, a box.
我想,有个盒子吧 那儿
Dad…
爹
I warned you.
我警告过你了
With mogwai comes much responsibility.But you didn’t listen.
买♥♥了魔怪,要负很多责任 但你却不听
And you see what happens.
看看发生了什么后果
I didn’t mean it.
听着,我不是故意的
You do with mogwai what your society has done with all of nature’s gifts.
你经由魔怪的天赋 害了整个社会
You do not understand.
你无法了解的
You are not ready.
你还没准备好
Dad Yes?
爸爸! 怎样
He has something to say to you.
他有话要跟你说
You understand what he says when he speaks to you?
你听得懂他说的话吗
To hear, one has only to listen.
只要听,就听得懂啊
Bye, Billy.
再见,比利
Perhaps someday you may be ready.
也许有一天,你准备好了
Until then, mogwai will be waiting.
魔怪会等着你的
Excuse me, sir.Before you go,
对不起,先生,在你走之前
I wanted to tell you that I am truly sorry for what’s happened.
我要郑重地向你道歉
And if you would accept it, I’d like to give you this small token.
如果可能的话 请收下这个小东西当做纪念
There’s one other one. This is an invention of mine.
已经卖♥♥过一个了 是我自己发明的
Smokeless Ashtray.
无烟烟灰缸
How did you know?
你怎么知道?
Man at gas station tried to sell me. Latest word in technology.
加油站有人试图卖♥♥给我 科技新产品吧
Very generous of you. I’m sure it will come in handy.
你很慷慨 我想它一定会派上用场的
Well, that’s the story.
故事就是这样
So if your air conditioner goes on the fritz,
所以如果你家的冷气坏了
your washing machine blows up or your video recorder conks out…
或是洗衣机 录影机出了毛病
before you call the repairman turn on the lights,
叫人来修理之前 可得先打开所有的灯
check the closets and cupboards look under all the beds.
看看衣橱,碗柜里 以及床铺底下
Because you never can tell.There just might be a gremlin in your house.
说不定,你家就有一只小精灵