皮普和我一起长大 对吧 皮普?
Pip and I had a kind of growing up together, didn’t we, Pip?
你为什么把我说的像你的哥哥似的?
Why do you talk with me as if I were your brother?
你有没有发现我对这些人的称呼很正式
You notice that I call these gentlemen by their title.
比如那个人 我叫他杜鲁默先生
Mr Drummle, there, for example.
但我只对你直呼姓名皮普
But only you, do I call by name, Pip.
只有你
Only you.
裤脚是18
And…a generous 18.
请让我来
Oh, if I may, sir.
这里有3号♥ 5号♥和8号♥
There’s number three…five and eight.
-这件衣服… -我帮你们省省事吧 我全都要了
– Now, this article… – I’ll save you the trouble. I’ll take them all.
跑钱帕克太太不能出席
Apologies for Mrs Pocket’s nonattendance.
小孩子玩胡桃钳出了点意外
Some mishap with a baby and a pair of nutcrackers.
可爱的哈维森小姐怎么样了 艾丝黛拉?
How is dear Miss Havisham, Estella?
还是一样可爱的
Still as dear.
马修从来不去探望她
And here’s Matthew, never coming near to see how she is.
反而是外人从不缺席
Whilst others with no natural ties always seem to be mixing.
说真的 莎拉 我要定期写信给哈维森小姐 告诉她我过得怎么样
In fact, Sarah, I am to write to Miss Havisham regularly, to let her know how I fare.
她特别想知道皮普和我相处的好不好
She especially wishes to know how Pip and I use each other.
知道我今晚在这里吃饭 她会很高兴的
She will be glad to know I am dining here tonight.
-会吗? -她对您的看法没变 帕克先生
– She will? – She still recognises in you, Mr Pocket,
你是个不计较小恩小惠的人
a man above small jealousies and spites.
-快点 跟上 -我从未被这样侮辱过
– Hurry up, now, come on. – I’ve never been so insulted in my life.
这里 快点
In here, quickly.
-你看到了吗? -我知道 很可笑
– Did you see? – I know, ridiculous.
你听到了吗?
Did you hear?
-你可让他们出丑了 -不费吹灰之力
– You made them look ridiculous. – Hardly an exertion.
你可以放心
I hope you may set you mind at rest
那些人永远无法破坏你和哈维森小姐的关系
that they will never impair your ground with Miss Havisham
我答应你
and there is my hand upon it.
傻孩子
You ridiculous boy.
我可不想当个傻孩子
I had no intention of being ridiculous.
你碰我的手之前应该先问我一声的
Well, you should’ve asked before you touched the hand.
如果我问了 我能像以前一样吻你的脸吗?
If I ask, may I kiss your cheek, as I once did?
可以
Yes.
如果你想的话
If you like.
各位
Gentlemen,
希望现在这种愉快的气氛
may the present promotion of good feeling
永远笼罩金翅雀会
ever reign predominant, among the Finches of the Grove.
-为金翅雀会干杯! -好极了
– Finches of the Grove! – Marvellous.
赫柏 今天这顿晚餐非常昂贵
Herbert, we’re dining very expensively tonight.
我不会说出去的 反正这是我自己的钱
In my confidence in my own resources,
要我帮你负担这比费用吗?
may I take on your expenses?
完全不必 我正在寻找机会
Not a bit of it. Not while I look about me.
我就快发财了
Not while I have capital in my sights.
各位都知道 本会的神圣会规
Gentlemen, as you know, it is the solemn duty of this society
就是要会员想以为认识的小姐敬酒
for members to toast a lady of their acquaintance.
今晚敬酒的是宝利·杜鲁默先生
Tonight, that duty falls to Mr Bentley Drummle.
各位
Gentlemen.
请诸位见证
In the presence of this company,
我这杯酒要敬给…
I pledge myself to…
艾丝黛拉
Estella.
艾丝黛拉!
Estella!
艾丝黛拉什么?
Estella who?
-不关你的事 -你必须说清楚是哪里的艾丝黛拉
– Never you mind. – Of where? You’re bound to say that.
里奇蒙德的艾丝黛拉
Of Richmond, gentlemen.
她是…
And, and…
一位…举世无双的…美人
a…peerless…beauty.
-敬艾丝黛拉 -艾丝黛拉!
– To Estella. – Estella!
我认为这位会员厚颜无♥耻♥地
In my view, it is impudence on the part of this…Finch,
到金翅雀会来向一位他根本不认识的小姐敬酒
to come to this Grove and propose of a lady of whom he knows nothing.
-你这话是什么意思? -你知道去哪里找我
– What do you mean? – You know where I’m to be found.
-皮普! -肃静!
– Pip! – Order! Order!
我请大家肃静
I am calling this Grove to order.
这场争吵必须解决 金翅雀会是荣誉组织
This must be settled, this Grove is a court of honour
我们必须解决这场争端
and we must settle it.
他向你敬酒
Well, he pledges himself to you.
皮普 你知道我们见过面的
Pip, we’ve been in company together, as you know.
-有人给我们介绍过 -可这算认识吗?
– We’ve been introduced. – But acquainted.
-转过来看着我好吗? -我正在给哈维森小姐写信
– Will you please turn to me? – I’m writing to Miss Havisham.
告诉她你怎么对我?
Of how you use me?
相信你三言两语就说完了
I’m sure you find that easy to describe.
这是这位小姐
This is an avowal,
亲笔写的公♥开♥信♥
in the lady’s hand,
说她很荣幸和杜鲁默先生跳过舞
that she has had the honour of dancing with Mr Drummle,
在几个不同的场合
on several occasions.
这的确是她的笔迹
This is indeed her hand.
我…
I…
很后悔说话这么…
very much regret that I spoke so…
冲动
heatedly.
会会友说话有失礼貌
And spoke more rudely to one of my hosts than was polite.
自然也打消了向你挑衅的念头
I naturally repudiate the idea that I am to be found.
可以请你跳舞吗?
May I?
你知道他讨人厌吧?
You know he’s despised, don’t you?
-那又怎样? -你知道他面子里子一样糟糕
– Well? – He is as ungainly within as without.
-无礼 暴躁 阴沉 愚蠢 -没错吧?
– Deficient, ill-tempered, lowering, stupid. – Indeed?
那为什么似乎是你的仪态招人批评呢?
Then why is it your manners which seem to be attracting comment?
你允许他在你身边打转使我很受不了
Because the way you let him hover round you makes me wretched.
-他除了有钱之外毫无优点 -你这样像个傻瓜
– He’s nothing to recommend him but money. – This is making you foolish.
-那就不要再对一个老粗施展魅力 -我不介意
– Don’t throw your attractions away on a bore. – I can bear it.
-不要这么骄傲 艾丝黛拉 -骄傲?
– Don’t be so proud, Estella. – Proud?
你刚才还骂我 自甘堕落 委身老粗
In your last breath you reproached me for stooping to a bore.
飞蛾和各种昆虫都环绕着点亮的蜡烛
Moths, and all sorts of creatures hover round a lighted candle.
蜡烛能制止吗?
Can the candle help it?
但我看过你今晚对他的眼神和微笑
I’ve seen the looks and smiles you give him this very night.
这种表情…
And of the kind…
我本以为是给我一个人看的
of the kind I thought were only given to me.
我不知到处留情的人 皮普
I do not bestow my tenderness anywhere, Pip.
我警告过你了
I gave you warning.
你好像忘了我教你要怎么喝酒的
You seem to have forgotten my advice regarding the wine glass.
你把杯子里的酒喝得太干净了
You’ve been far too conscientious in emptying it.
我们现在尽量恢复刚抵达舞会时的仪态
Let us leave with some resemblance to the manner in which we arrived.
我们来时步伐矫健 神智也很清醒
We came in walking straight, and in control of our head.
-艾丝黛拉 我有话得对你说… -皮普
– Estella, I must speak with you… – Pip.
失陪
Excuse me.
借过
Excuse me, sir.
晚安
Good evening.
绅士应该知道不能在舞会上喝醉
A fellow should know, you don’t get drunk at balls.
如果他天生没有这种常识 你父亲也该教教他
And if he wasn’t born to know it, your father should’ve tutored him.
别担心 先生 你的地位稳得很
Have no worries, sir. Not usurped from your position.
-他在说什么? -你还是最低级的人 杜鲁默!
– What’s he saying? – Still the lowest in the crowd, Drummle!
贾格斯的来信
Letter from Jaggers, now.
我们债台高筑 皮普 我发誓我们债台高筑了
They are mounting up, Pip. Upon my life, they are mounting up.
出去 好吗?到别的地方站着!
Get out, will you? Go and stand elsewhere!
你的头还痛吗?
How’s your head?
让司法官来吧 他们会发现艾丝黛拉已经拥有财产了
Let the bailiffs come, they’ll find Estella already has possession.
在我眼中除了她 一切都没有价值
She holds everything that is of value to me.
你能…
Could you…
-你能不去爱她吗? -不可能
– Could you not detach yourself from her? – Impossible.
想想她受的教养 想想哈维森小姐
But thing of her bringing up and think of Miss Havisham.
-想想她是什么样的人 -我知道
– Think of what she is, herself. – I know it.
-这么说你无法不爱她… -不能!
– So you can’t detach yourself… – No!
我也和你一样失意
I find I am as thwarted in the matters of my heart.
-我可以问个究竟吗? -她叫作克蕾拉
– May I ask the particulars? – Name of Clara.
-伦敦人士 -是的
– Lives in London. – Yes.
我打算一发财就迎娶她
And the moment I realise capital, I intend to marry her.
可是还在寻找机会时不能结婚
But you can’t marry while you are looking about you.
至于我 赫柏
As for myself, Herbert,
我根本无心于前途
I find I am looking behind me.
我在伦敦每家店都欠了账 威米克先生
I find I am in the books of every tradesman in London, Mr Wemmick.
债主每天等着找我讨债
Now I find them laying in wait.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!