There’s power here.
这个女人的腕力几乎没有男人比得上
Very few men have the power of wrist this woman has.
光是这双手的握力就令人刮目相看
It’s remarkable what mere force of grip is in these hands.
我从未见过比这双手力道还大的 无论男女…
I have never seen stronger, man or woman’s…
比这厉害
than these.
这就行了 茉莉
That’ll do, Molly.
已经九点半了
It’s half-past nine, gentlemen.
该散席了
Time to break up.
皮普 先别走
Pip, stay awhile.
杜鲁默先生 我敬你
Mr Drummle, I drink to you.
请见谅 先生 我听说你认识萨提斯庄园的人
Pardon me, sir, I understand you’re acquainted with Satis House.
是的 我认识哈维森小姐
Yes. And with Miss Havisham.
我自认和她的关系挺密切的
Although I’d like to consider myself more than merely acquainted.
你的两位朋友各走路的一边回哈默史密斯去了
Your two friends have set off back on either side of the road.
-跑抱歉把气氛弄得不愉快 -别胡说了
– I’m sorry if things got disagreeable. – Nonsense.
不过我很喜欢杜鲁默
I like the Drummle fellow, though.
世界上有两种人 皮普 欺负人的和巴结人的
There are two sorts in life, Pip, beaters and cringers.
他无疑是欺负人的那种 这毫无疑问 他喜欢仗势欺人
He’s a beater, there’s no doubt about that. Likes to throw his weight about.
有一套
Excellent.
这是早先寄来的
This arrived before.
她到底是怎么死的 乔?
What were the particulars of her death, Joe?
她的病情逐渐恶化 直到她的头倒在床上
Her state just got slowly worse till she laid her head down on the bed.
我抱着她 她说 皮普
I ‘eld her, and she spoke, Pip.
她真的开口了
Actually spoke.
她说“乔”
“Joe,” she said,
还说 原谅
and wants pardon
还说 皮普
and wants Pip.
原谅 皮普?
Pardon, Pip?
我想你现在很难留在家里了 比蒂
I suppose it will be difficult for you to remain at the house, Biddy?
我没法留下 皮普先生
Oh, I can’t do so, Mr Pip.
我明天要去哈伯太太那里
I’m going to Mrs Hubble tomorrow.
你要怎么生活?如果你需要钱…
How will you live? If you want any money…
我会告诉你我要怎么生活的
I’ll tell you how I’m going to live, Mr Pip.
这里的新学校就要竣工了 我要争取女教师的职位
I’m going to try and get the place of mistress in the new school here.
比蒂 你就是那种临危不乱的人
You’re one of those, Biddy, who makes the best of every change.
在任何专业下都能有所长进
You improve under any circumstances.
虽然比不上你有出息
Though not as handsomely as you.
我不会丢下可怜的乔一个人的
I’m not going to leave poor Joe alone.
-你没听到我的话吗 比蒂? -听到了 皮普先生
– Don’t you hear me, Biddy? – Yes, Mr Pip.
还有你叫我“皮普先生” 我觉得很不对劲
Not to mention your calling me “Mr Pip”, which appears to me in bad taste.
你这是什么意思?
What do you mean?
我说要常来这里看乔
I remarked on my coming here often to see Joe
你听了刻意一言不发
which you have received with a marked silence.
保妥你告诉我为什么 比蒂
Have the goodness, Biddy, to tell me why.
我看你在蓝野猪客栈住得非常舒服
I trust you found the Blue Boar very comfortable during your stay?
那里更符合你的需要
So much more suitable for all your needs.
再见了 乔
Goodbye, dear Joe.
你不回家吗?
You’re not coming back to the house?
不了…乔
No…Joe.
哈维森小姐知道我在这儿
Miss Havisham nows I am here.
派人送信到…蓝野猪
She sent a letter to the…Blue Boar.
她想见我 我非去不可
She wishes to see me and I must go there.

Oh.
她深表同情 乔
She extends her sympathies, Joe.
不知道她找你干什么?
I wonder what business she has with you?
我也想知道
I wonder too.
回头见 乔
I shall see you soon, Joe.
-比蒂 -再见 皮普
– Biddy. – Goodbye, Pip.
什么事?
Yes?
-你怎么到这里来的? -走路来的
– How did you come here? – On my legs.
这里的改变比你还大 少爷
There’s more changes than yours, young master.
进来吧 进来 主人吩咐我别开着大门
But come in. Come in. And suppose to my orders to hold the gate open.
枪是上了膛的
This is loaded.
哈维森小姐在等我
I am expected, I believe.
是的
Yes.
我来了
Here I am.
进来 皮普
Come in, Pip.
仿佛我是皇后似的
As if I were a queen.
我是希望你来看我
I wished you to come and see me.
但你想见的人是谁呢?
But who would you wish to see?
叫她 皮普
Call for her, Pip.
叫谁 哈维森小姐?Who, Miss Havisham?
她就在这儿 叫她吧
She’s here. Call for her.
艾丝黛拉
Estella.
叫她
Call for her.
叫啊!
Call!
艾丝黛拉?
Estella?
艾丝黛拉?
Estella?
艾丝黛拉!
Estella!
你喜欢她吗?
Do you admire her?
你一定爱上她了
Then you must love her.
爱上她
Love her.
爱上她了
Love her.
妈妈!
Mummy!
妈妈!
Mummy!
我饿了 小子
I’m ‘ungry, boy.
卡宾森一定逃出来了
Compeyson must be out.
-你说什么? -卡宾森逃出来了
– ‘Scuse me, sir? – Compeyson’s out.
要不是你赶来 我早就没命了
I should have been a dead man if you’d not come up.
你是天生的骗子 直到死了还在撒谎
You’re a born liar, and you’ll die a liar.
这孩子今天或许要时来运转了 只要她喜欢他
This boy’s fortunes may be made today, if she favours him.
我有时候会胡思乱想 皮普
I sometimes have sick fancies, Pip.
两张J 我们有得拼了
Two jacks. Now we have to go to war.
他把J叫作杰克
He calls the knaves jacks.
你将来要做什么?
And what are you to be?
我受命告诉他 他将得到一笔可观的财产
I’m instructed to communicate to him that he will come in to a handsome property.
总而言之 成为前程远大的年轻人
In a word, a young fellow of great expectations.
祝你好运 皮普
Good luck, Pip.
-要比力气…我让你们看个手腕 -老爷
– If you talk of strength…I’ll show you a wrist. – Master.
这些都是财富 皮普
They’re property, Pip.
这些或许不怎么值钱 但这都是财富啊…
They may not be worth much but they’re portable…
算是财产
and property.
世界上有两种人 皮普 欺负人的和巴结人的
There are two sorts in life, Pip, beaters and cringers.
他无疑是欺负人的那种 这毫无疑问 有一套
He’s a beater, there’s no doubt about that. Excellent.
我要进来了 这里的改变比你还大 大少爷
I’ll come in. There’s more changes than yours, young master.
你喜欢她 你一定爱上她了
You admire her, then you must love her.
爱上她
Love her.
爱上她了
Love her.
让开!
Out of the way!
先生!
Sir!
借过!
‘Scuse me!
-我去…叫马车 -到里奇蒙德
– I’ll, er…send for a carriage. – To Richmond.
我会把皮包给你 你用皮包里的钱替我付车费 这也安排好了
I give you my purse and you pay my charges out of it, that’s settled too.
还有什么事情也安排好了?
What else is settled for us?
要照顾我的那位夫人手了好多钱
This lady, with whom I am going to live at great expense,
显然 她有本事带我到处亮相 让我认识很多人 也让别人认识我
apparently has the power of taking me about showing people to me and me to people.
生活多姿多彩 仰慕者众多 我想你会很高兴的
I suppose you will be glad of variety and admiration.
我已经有仰慕者了 皮普
I am already glad of admiration, Pip.
那是什么地方?
What place is that?
我不清楚 我…我想那是新门监狱
I’m not sure, I, er…I think it’s Newgate Prison.
-你对那里很熟吗? -这栋建筑我很熟 里面的犯人可就不熟了
– You are familiar with it? – As a building, not the wretches inside it.
-贾格斯已经把欧里克弄走了 -谁?
– And Orlick is removed by Jaggers, now. – Who?
-萨提斯庄园的门房♥ -继续说
– The porter of Satis House. – Go on.
他不适合那份工作
Wasn’t the right sort of man for the post.
你安排他离开的?
You arranged his removal?
你在哈默史密斯过得好吗?
How do you thrive at Hammersmith?
帕克先生很了不起
Mr Pocket is an admirable man.
听说他相当超然独♥立♥
Quite disinterested and independent, I hear.
我喜欢这种人
I like that class of man.
记得我们上次一起唱歌♥吗 皮普?
Do you remember the last recital that you and I and attended, Pip?
我们唱铁匠的歌♥ 我觉得那次我唱得很好
A rendition of Old Clement, I think at that time I was the vocalist.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!