这么说她不喜欢你了?
Didn’t she take a fancy to you, then?
-谁? -哈维森小姐?
– Who? – Miss Havisham?
我也是来见她的 我爸爸是她的表弟
I’m on trial too. My father’s her cousin.
这里已经没我的事了 失陪
I have no more business in this house. Excuse me.
当然有你的事 过来跟我打架
Oh, yes, you do. Come and fight.
-打架? -到空地上来
– Fight? – Come to the ground.
老规矩 我们先进行初赛
Regular rules, and we’ll go through the preliminaries.
一!二!三!四!
One! Two! Three! Four!
五!六!七!八!
Five! Six! Seven! Eight!
等等
Hang on.
你得有动手的理由
You ought to have a reason.
-理由已经有了 -# 用力捶啊 用力捶 #
– I’ve given you one. – # Hammer boys round – Old Clem #
# 锤得砰砰响 #
# With a thump and a shout – Old Clem #
# 用力捶啊 用力捶 锤得砰砰… #
# Hammer boys round – Old Clem. With a… #
-你赢了 -要我帮你吗?
– You’ve won. – Can I help you?
不用了 不要紧
No, no. It’s quite all right.
-午安 -你也是
– Good afternoon. – Same to you.
如果你愿意的话 你可以吻我
You may kiss me if you like.
再见
Goodbye.
你要当他的师♥傅♥了?
You’re to be his master? You?
我不相信这就是他的命
I cannot believe that is to be his fortune.
她一定…她一定想给他点什么
She must…she must want somethin’ with him.
一定有的!
There must be something!
就在你的掌握之中
You’re holdin’ it.
这么说他和我一样命该如此
So his fortune is to be mine.
注定困在一个铁匠身边
Tied to a blacksmith.
这下我们可发达了!
Well, there’s progress for us all!
这孩子签约后就不是自♥由♥身了 来吧 孩子
The boy is to be bound, bound out of hand. Come, boy.
咱们拿着这25基尼去吃一顿
Now we’ll have a dinner out of our 25 guineas.
乔 你的学徒
Joseph, your apprentice.
我们一直盼望这一天 对不对 皮普?
It’s been so looked forward to between us. Eh, Pip?
“做学徒应当忠心侍奉师♥傅♥
“Said apprentice shall faithfully serve his master,
“不得浪费师♥傅♥的财务
“and shall not waste the goods of his said master,
“为师♥傅♥工作 日夜不得旷工
“nor absent himself from his said master’s service day or night unlawfully
“作为忠心的仆役 必须循规蹈矩”
“but in all things as a faithful servant he shall…behave himself.”
知道你师♥傅♥怎么生火的吧?
You know how your master makes that fire up, don’t you?
他必须向魔鬼祈祷才能把火生起来
He has to give a prayer to the devil to get it going.
如果靠近看 你会发现魔鬼住在里面 那炉火就是一小块地狱
If you look close you’ll find a devil lives in it. A little piece of hell, that fire is.
-你来这里干什么 欧里克? -来找工作 葛加里先生
– What do you want round here, Orlick? – A job, Mr Gargery.
找工作? 来 皮普
A job, eh? Right, Pip?
用力敲
Go to it.
# 用力捶啊 用力捶 #
# Hammer boys round – Old Clem #
# 锤得砰砰响 #
# With a thump and a stout – Old Clem #
# 锤啊锤 锤啊锤 #
# Beat it out, beat it out – Old Clem #
-对了 皮普 -# 锤得叮当响 #
– Right, Pip. – # With a clink for the stout – Old Clem #
你念书真用功 皮普
You’ve certainly turned yourself to it, Pip.
我晚上从铁匠铺回家 谁都看得到我在认真读书
When I come in from to the forge of a night, anyone can see me turning to it in earnest.
比蒂…
Biddy…
我想成为绅士
I want to be a gentleman.
换作我是你 我可不感兴趣
Oh, I wouldn’t if I was you.
我想过不同的生活
I wanna lead a different sort of life.
-你不觉得现在这样很快乐吗? -别胡说八道了
– Don’t you think you’re happy as you are? – Don’t be absurd.
我没有胡说
I didn’t mean to be.
-我只希望你过得好 -我以前也想这样一辈子
– I only want you to do well. – I used to want that too.
现在我非成为上流绅士不可
Now I have to be a gentleman.
我可以试着定下来和乔合伙 甚至和你做伴
I could try to settle down, go partners with Joe, keep company with you even.
“甚至”?
“Even”?
反正我也没什么特别的嘛?
As I am not overparticular myself?
看我过的是什么日子
See how I’m goin’ on.
我很高兴你这么信任我
Well, I’m glad you give me your confidence.
我什么事都会告诉你 比蒂
I shall always tell you everything, Biddy.
等你成为绅士就不会了
Till you’re a gentleman.
哈罗!
‘Ello!
-你们俩个要去哪儿? -回家
– Where are you two goin’? – Home.
不然能去哪儿?
Where else should we be going?
那我送你们回去吧
Well then, I’ll see you home.
-你得再跟他说一次 -我们用不着人送回家!
– You will have to tell him again. – We don’t need seein’ home!
让比蒂自己说
Let Biddy speak.
恐怕他是喜欢我
I… I’m afraid he likes me
他一向都喜欢你 比蒂
He’s always liked you, Biddy.
现在我每次看见他 他就对我手舞足蹈
Now he dances whenever he catches my eye.
可是你无所谓 是吧?
But it makes no difference to you, does it?
但她对你的恩惠已经结束了 皮普 哈维森小姐说那就是全部了
She done the handsome thing by you, Pip, then Miss Havisham said that were all.
-可是 乔…! -皮普!
– But Joe…! – All, Pip!
从我当学徒那天起 就没有谢过哈维森小姐
Since the day of my being bound I’ve never thanked Miss Havisham
或是问候过她 让她知道我还记得她
or asked after her, or shown that I remember her.
今天是她的生日!
And today is her birthday, Joe!
就是在今天…
The day on which…
那好吧 但只此一次 下不为例
Very well, then. But no more trips after this one.
-你不会只对一个人偏心吧? -你这话是什么意思?
– You’re only gonna favour one of us? – What do you mean to say?
他放半天假 那欧里克也要放半天假
Well, he’s on ‘alf-holiday, do the same for old Orlick.
你要放假做什么?
What will you do with an ‘alf-holiday?
那他放假干什么?!他就是想离开铁匠铺!
What will he do with it?! He just wants to be out of this forge!
有半天假 他做什么我也能做
I’ll do as much with half-holiday as him.
但皮普是要出城
Why, Pip’s going uptown.
那欧里克也要去!
Well then, old Orlick’s goin’ uptown!
又不是只有一个人能去
Ain’t only one what can go uptown.
我要到城外的萨提斯庄园去看哈维森小姐!
I’m going uptown to pay a visit to Miss Havisham!
-或许我想去看比蒂! -你不准去!
– I may call on Biddy! – You shall not!
总之我要到城外!
Well, summon ‘er uptown then!
师♥傅♥ 你说话啊!在这里不该偏心 做个男子汉!
Now, master, come! No favourin’ in this shop. Be a man!
等你冷静一点再说吧
No more talkin’ until you calm yourself.
现在怎么样 师♥傅♥
Now, master.
你工作也很认真 大家都放半天假
You stick to your work as well as most men – half-holiday for all.
蠢货!你还真有钱 白给这种笨蛋工钱!
Fool! You’re a rich man to waste wages on a great idler like ‘im!
-要是我是他师♥傅♥就好了 -你巴不得当每个人的师♥傅♥!
– I wish I was ‘is master. – You’d be everybody’s master if you could!
-别理他 -只有我才能对付你这种无赖
– Leave ‘er alone. – I’m a match for rogues like you.
你是的恶毒的泼妇 葛加里太太
You’re a foul shrew, Mother Gargery.
-你说什么? -别管他!
– What did you say? – Let her alone!
-他刚才说我什么? -泼妇!
– What name did he give me? – Shrew!
还有很多合适的字眼
And there’s more would fit, too.
你听听他说的什么话 你发誓要保护我的!
To hear him. And you swore to defend me!
别光说不练!
Don’t stand by!
你被开除了 明天来结工资
Your work’s done ‘ere. Come by for wages tomorrow.
看你惹的麻烦
See the trouble you’ve caused?
就因为你老想着出城 害我们丢了一个熟练工
We lose a journeyman cos you’ve a fancy to go uptown and can’t make an end on it.
有人邀请你吗?
Well, where’s your invitation?
早就没有了 她早就不请你上门了
There’s been no more. She’s made an end on it.
你也早就完蛋了
It’s as you was.
现在哈维森小姐由我照顾
I attend Miss Havisham now.
希望你没指望什么 因为你什么也不会得到
I hope you want nothing. You’ll get nothing.
不是的 哈维森小姐 我…只是想告诉你
No, indeed, Miss Havisham, I…only wanted you to know
我做学徒做得非常好
that I’m doing very well in my apprenticeship
我一直很感激你
and I’m always much obliged to you.
还有艾丝黛拉?
And Estella?
-夫人? -你想问她的近况吗?
– Ma’am? – Do you wish to enquire about her?
她比以前更漂亮了
Prettier than ever.
人见人爱
Admired by all who see her.
我很高兴
I’m glad.
喜欢你的工作吗?
Do you like your trade?
你终究是讨厌漆黑煤灰的吧?
So you object to the black and the soot after all?
我讨厌那些 我不想再打铁了
I hate it, and I want no more of any of it.
但你是不自♥由♥之身 皮普
But you are bound, Pip.
是的
Yes.
再见
Goodbye.
姐姐?姐姐!
Sister? Sister!
姐姐!
Sister!
是他的?
His?
够了
Oh…no!
不 对不起!
Oh, no, I’m sorry!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!