我今天本应请假的
I should have taken a holiday today.
我一整年没做过这种事了
I have not done such a thing these last 12 months.
好 教堂就在这里
Hello. Here’s a church.
我们进去吧
Let’s go in.
手套在这里 戴上吧
Hello. Here’s some gloves. Let’s put ’em on.
这位是史基芬小姐 婚礼开始吧
Hello. Here’s Miss Skiffins. Let’s have a wedding.
戒指在这里
Hello. Here’s a ring.
地点是西敏寺 艾勃
Westminster Abbey was the scene, Abel.
新郎是我的好友 也是准男爵的唯一继承人
My very good friend and heir but one to a baronetcy was the brideman.
到场的男士 包括我 都打扮的差不多
Gentlemen of the congregation, including myself, all dressed alike.
黑西装 白丝领带
Black dress coat, silk white necktie.
还有白手套 我给你带来当纪念品
These white gloves, which I bring you as a keepsake.
我一直都知道你能做个绅士
I always knew as you could be a gentleman.
即使没有我
Without me.
我…
I…
我最在前排的位子
I occupied one of the front pews, Abel.
在隆重的宗教仪式和唱诗礼拜之后
And after the ecclesiastical splendour and choral service,
我们受到招待 享受…美味的早餐
we were entertained to a…to a wonderful breakfast
欣赏军乐队表演 结婚蛋糕有九尺高一尺深
and a military band, and the wedding cake was nine feet high and a foot deep.
摆出来的结婚礼物都很贵重 波斯地毯 最精致的金钟
And such presents were displayed. Rugs from Persia, the finest gold clocks.
镜纸的珠宝
Exquisite jewellery.
你很痛吗?
Are you in great pain?
我没什么好埋怨的…
I don’t complain, but…
(拉丁文)
让我解释给你听好吗?
And will you let me give you something of what it means?
于是他发现老父亲独自坐在葡萄梯田
So he found his father alone in the terraced vineyard, digging about a plant.
他穿着肮脏的上衣 到处是补丁 又不体面
He was clothed in filthy doublet, patched and unseemly.
当奥德修斯看到父亲年老衰弱
Now when Odysseus saw his father thus wasted with age,
满心哀凄
and in great grief of heart,
他站在一株高达的梨树下
he stood still beneath a tall pear tree
流了一滴眼泪
and let fall a tear.
他回到他的故乡了 艾勃
He had returned to his own country, Abel.
现在你就是我的父亲
You are my father now.
我爱你
And I love you.
-他就快断气了 -那你可以再待一阵子
– He barely breathes now. – Then you may not go yet.
他的女儿是个淑女
His daughter is a Lady, you know.
她的夫婿是准男爵的唯一继承人
She is married to an heir but one to a baronetcy.
我跟她很熟
I know her very well.
他根本不知道他的女儿是谁
He did not know her at all.
好了 来吧
Right, come on.
-你是真人吗? -我们是开门进来的
– Are you real? – Well, we come through the door.
-你们想干嘛 我不认识你们 -先生
– What do you want? I don’t know you. – Well, sir.
或许你很快就能摆平这件事 但我们要逮捕你
This is a matter you’ll soon arrange, I daresay. But you’re arrested.
-是因为债务吗? -123镑15基尼6先令
– What is the debt? – £123,156.
我想是裁缝的账
A tailor’s account, I think.
-现在要怎么办? -你最好到我那儿去
– What is to be done? – You’d better come to my house.
我那里收拾得很舒适
I keep a very nice house.
把头抬起来
Let’s see your face.
起来
Up.
我落到这步田地了 乔
This is where I’ve got to, Joe.
警方写信通知我
The news were brought to be my letter.
我跟比蒂说 你可能跟一些坏人在一起
I said to Biddy how you might be…amongst strangers.
他们也不是很坏 乔
They’re not so strange, Joe.
比蒂说“马上去找他 别耽搁”
The Biddy’s words were, “Go to him without a minute’s loss of time.”
你的收据 上面注明了债务和花费
Your receipt. The debt and the cost.
你都付清了
You paid them all.
我一直在存钱 皮普
Well, I’ve been saving, Pip.
但花在你身上是最值得的
And it were as well spent on you as anyone.
现在请大家把石板擦干净
Start to wipe your slates clean, please, everybody.
就是这样 我知道你们刚擦过
That’s it. I know you’ve just done that.
今天的课就上到这里 非常感谢大家
That’s all for today. Thank you very much.
请大家安静地离开教室
If you’d like to leave. Quietly on the way out.
回去吧
Come on. That’s it.
明天见
See you tomorrow.
我想告诉乔我真正的恩人是谁
I have tried to talk to Joe about my true benefactor.
-他叫我不要讲… -无关紧要的事
– He tells me not to pass remarks on… – Unnecessary subjects.
我想可能是你教他这么说的
I thought it might be you who had advised him.
你想你可能会不好受
I considered it might be painful to you.
你总是这么灵巧
Always such tact.
这么贴心
And sweet kindness.
你现在有什么打算?
What shall you do now?
在附近找工作试试看
Try some different occupation hereabouts.
-或者去开罗 -这么远
– Or go to Cairo. – Such a distant place.
-那里有个机会在等我 -你做不了决定吗?
– An opportunity awaits for me there. – You cannot decide?
决定权在你 比蒂
It all rests with you, Biddy.
我要先知道你的答案
Until I know your answer.
我想你曾经非常喜欢我
I think you once liked me very well.
即使当时我的心不在你身上
Even when my heart strayed away from you,
跟你在一起的日子是我一生最宁静美好的时光
it was quieter and better with you than it has been since.
-皮普 -如果你能想从前的一半那样喜欢我
– Pip. – If you could like me half as well once more,
虽然我一再让你失望 如果你能接纳我
if you could take me with all the disappointments on my head,
过去的我不值得你爱 希望现在的我有所长进
I should hope I’m a little worthier of you now than I was.
求你 比蒂
So please, Biddy.
告诉我 你是否愿意与我同行
Tell me if you will go through the world with me.
让我在世上活的更好 一如我会努力让你活得更好
Make it a better world for me as I will try and make it a better world for you.
乔 这些花正好
Joe. They shall do very well.
虽然我叫他有些事别问
While I advised him not to speak on some subjects to you,
我本来希望你会跟你说这事
I hoped he would speak to you of this one.
我们的婚礼
Our wedding day.
比蒂答应嫁给我了
Biddy has agreed to marry me.
没想到吧?
Astonishing, eh?
我们的婚礼很会简单
It’s to be a simple ceremony.
乔一直在为婚礼存钱 不过还有些花费更要紧
Joe had been saving for it but there were more urgent expenses to be attended to.
你们会带给彼此应得的幸福
You shall make each other as happy as you deserve to be.
你们是世上最善良的人
You are the best people in the world.
干什么…
Now, then…
我叫皮普 来玩的
I’m Pip. Come to play.
你想干嘛?
What do you want?
到处看看 然后也许会放火烧了它
To look around the place, and then perhaps raze it to the ground.
省了遗嘱执行人拆除的麻烦
Save its executors the trouble of pulling it down.
这栋宅子有人住的
This house is lived in.
哈维森小姐把宅子就给我了
Miss Havisham left the house to me.
我现在和杜鲁默先生分居了
As I am separated from Mr Drummle…
-你就回家了 -好了
– You came home. – There.
写好了
That’s done.
给贾格斯先生的信 交代他我分居的事情
A letter to Mr Jaggers in the matter of my separation.
-你请他当律师? -维持原状有它的好处
– He advises you? – Well, there is the benefit of continuity.
你希望维持原状?
You wish continuity?
你看 我在装潢上已经做了许多改变 皮普
You see, I have made many changes in the way of decoration, Pip.
你知道我在找工作
You know I must look for a trade now.
我听说了
I had heard it.
我不知道该怎么活下去
I’ve no idea how I shall go on in the world.
你呢 艾丝黛拉?
And you, Estella?
-我会活得很好 -一个人?
– Oh, I shall do well enough. – Alone?
在这里?继续谨记她的教诲?
Here? Still mindful of her lessons?
还是你们两人命运的差别就是那个虐待你的男人
Or is the greater difference that you received maintenance payments
会付维修费?
from the man who used you so cruelly?
还有帕克夫妇会在你生日的时候过来看你?
And shall the Pockets visit you on your birthday?
再从村子里找个小男孩
And shall a boy from the village be sent
来娱乐你 派遣你的寂寞?
to entertain you and divert you from your solitude?
告诉我 你和我一样不开心 艾丝黛拉
Tell me you are as unhappy as I have been, Estella.
告诉我 杜鲁默让你受苦 你现在还在痛苦
Tell me that Drummle made you suffer and you are suffering still.
告诉我
Tell me.
你现在知道的痛苦了
Now you know what my heart has been.
不…不
No… No.
我们不能这样
We cannot do this.
不行
No.
我该走了
I should go.
去哪儿?
Go where?
我们得再次分开就因为我们不能……
Do we have to part again simply because we cannot…
表达对彼此的爱吗?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!