任何人都能与国王说话 雨果 但他们会回话吗?
Anyone can speak to kings, Hugo. But will they speak back?
不会 但如果他们回话了 他们会说什么?
No, but if they do, what will they say?
哦 你一定要看看我的博物馆
Oh, you must see my museum.
有一些东西你或许会感兴趣 – 博物馆?
It’s something that might interest you. – Museum?
是的 是… – 噢 让-皮埃尔?
Yes. It’s a… – Oh, Jean-Pierre?
真是了不起 让-皮埃尔 – 谢谢
Simply marvelous, Jean-Pierre. – Thank you.
真是了不起 – 谢谢
Simply marvelous. – Thank you.
你的第一个九分
Your first nine.
雨果 你得来平息这场关于1932年Targa Florio的争论
Hugo, you’ve got to come to settle an argument about the 1932 Targa Florio.
他是唯一一个去过现场的老人
He’s the only one old enough to have been there.
哦 现在有一个可疑的区别
Now, there is a dubious distinction.
今天是一个精彩的比赛 让-皮埃尔 干得好
Was an excellent race you did today, Jean-Pierre. Well done.
谢谢 鲍伯 非常感谢
Thank you, Bob. Thank you very much.
我想应该带你去看看博物馆
Suppose I show you the museum?
很明显 如果不从这里逃出去 我们就永远停在”你好”了
Obviously, if I don’t escape from here, we’ll never get past “hello.”
仔细想想 我们甚至还没有说那句话呢
Come to think of it, we haven’t even managed that yet.
现在…
Now…
你好
…hello.
你好
Hello.
她是什么意思 “你的第一个九分”?
What did she mean, “your first nine”?
注: 1961~1990年的第一名为9分
积分
Points
争夺车手总冠军的积分
Toward the Drivers’ World Championship.
你认识雨果很长时间了吗?
Have you known Hugo very long?
从昨天开始
Since yesterday.
纽约的一个人给了我他的名字
Someone in New York gave me his name.
他向我展示他的影响力
He’s offered me his influence.
我想是相当广泛的
Which I gather is quite extensive.
影响力? 为了什么?
Influence? For what?
哦 我在一家美国时尚杂♥志♥社工作
Well, I work for an American fashion magazine.
而且我们要做一个关于赛车的期刊
And we’re going to do an issue around racing cars.
没错 现在我想起来了
Yes! Now, I have it.
路易丝·弗雷德里克森
Of course. Louise Frederickson.
你曾经写了一篇关于我的妻子——莫妮卡·德尔沃的文章
You once did an article about my wife, Monique Delvaux.
“全球二十七位最佳着装的商业女性之一”
“One of the 27 best-dressed business women in the world.”
诸如此类
Something like that.
只有十位
Only 10.
我记得当时你不在
You were away at the time, as I recall.
是的 “当…
Yes. “While…”
“当她的丈夫外出赛车时
“While her husband is off racing motor cars…
这位忙碌的女主管在她的办公室里度过了漫长的夜晚…
this busy woman executive spends long evenings in her office…
管理着德尔沃汽车公♥司♥的繁杂事务”
administering the complex affairs of the Delvaux Motor Company.”
这部分我记得非常清楚
I remember that part quite well.
它透露出一丝女性的偏见
It had about it the slight hint of feminine prejudice…
对不受拘束的男性的偏见
toward the footloose male.
这不是我的本意
It wasn’t meant to sound that way.
你太太今晚在这吗?
Is your wife here tonight?
她从不来看比赛
She never comes to the races.
很迷人 不是吗?
Charming, isn’t it?
我可以用这个
I can use this.
这很有趣
It’s interesting.
你喜欢赛车运动吗?
Do you like motor racing?
我不知道 今天之前我从来没看过比赛
I don’t know. I had never seen a race before today.
这些是什么?
What are these?
亲笔签名
Autographs.
从事赛车运动的人
People in motor racing.
你在哪儿
Where are you?
那边的某处
Over there, somewhere.
你今晚去宫殿派对吗?
Are you going to the palace party tonight?
我没有被邀请
I wasn’t invited.
我邀请你
I invite you.
今晚是不是有很多派对?
There are a lot of parties tonight, aren’t there?
是的
Yes.
这是赛后的常态吗?
Is that the usual thing after a race?
当然
Of course.
而且我可以向你保证
And I can assure you…
如果你今晚不跟我去参加宫殿派对
that if you don’t come to the palace party tonight with me…
会有人想念你的
you will be missed.
那么这个叫斯托达德的人 也会有人想念他吗?
And this man Stoddard, will he be missed too?
我不明白
I don’t understand.
你认识斯托达德吗?
Do you know Stoddard?
不认识 但我很难理解这些事怎么能进行下去
No, but I find it difficult to understand how this sort of thing can be going on.
这些庆祝活动
The celebrations.
还有人躺在医院里 可能终身残废
When a man lies in a hospital, possibly crippled for life.
他没死
就算他死了 也是一样的
If he were dead, it would be the same.
也许会节制一些 但还是一样
More subdued perhaps, but the same.
显然这对你一点影响都没有 其他人也是
And apparently it doesn’t affect you at all. None of you.
我很抱歉
I’m sorry.
我想我真是太无礼了
I guess that was all very rude of me.
在你离开前 我想告诉你一些事
Before you leave, I want to tell you something.
不是关于其他人的
Not about the others.
而是关于我自己的
But about myself.
我过去时常崩溃
I used to go to pieces.
我看到那样的事故 内心感到无比脆弱
I’d see an accident like that and feel so weak inside…
然后我就想放弃
that I wanted to quit.
停下车 然后走开
To stop the car and walk away.
我几乎无法摆脱这些想法
I could hardly make myself go past it.
但我现在年纪大了
But I’m older now.
当我看到非常可怕的事故时
When I see something really horrible,
我会用力踩下油门
I put my foot down, hard.
因为我知道其他人都会松开
Because I know that everyone else is lifting his.
多么可怕的胜利方式
What a terrible way to win.
不 没有可怕的胜利方式
No, there is no terrible way to win.
只有胜利
There is only winning.
你好 尼诺
Hello, Nino.
尼诺
Nino!
尼诺
Nino!
跳舞吗?
Dance?
我不跳舞
I don’t dance.
和我喝一杯吧
Have a drink with me.
我不喝酒
I don’t drink.
抽烟吗?
Smoke?
我不抽烟
I don’t smoke.
那你做什么?
What do you do?
所以你让斯托达德把你套圈了
So, you let Stoddard lap you.
你还是让你自己陷入无望的处境
You’re still getting yourself into hopeless situations.
开始时并不是没有希望 它只是变成了那样
It wasn’t hopeless to begin with, it just turned out that way.
是有区别的
There’s a difference.
但你不是专程到摩德纳来谈论斯科特·斯托达德的 是吗?
But you didn’t come all the way to Modena, to talk about Scott Stoddard. Did you?
我想再次为你开车 马内塔先生
I wanna drive for you again, Signor Manetta.
阿伦 你和我的最后一个赛季
Aron, your last season with me…
你除了告诉我车有问题 什么也没做
you did nothing but tell me, what was wrong with our cars.
然后你离开了我们 去追寻那些持续了一个赛季的希望
Then you left us, to follow hopes that lasted a season.
然后去了乔丹的队 现在回到我这
Then to Jordan, now back to me.
你让我感到困惑 阿伦
You confuse me, Aron.
我不喜欢让我困惑的人来开我的车
And I don’t like men who confuse me driving my cars.
我离开你是因为我不想当萨尔蒂的二号♥车手
I left you because I didn’t want to become second driver to Sarti.
你给我指定的位置
A position you put me in.
那现在呢?
And now?
我需要一个席位
I need a ride.
我为你赢了很多比赛
I won a lot of races for you.
你确实做到了 在你变得不顾后果之前
Of course you did. Before you became reckless.
我想成为冠军
I want to be champion.
谁都想成为冠军 阿伦
Everyone wants to be a champion, Aron.
这没有任何区别
There is no distinction in that.
我做得到
I can be.
以什么为代价? 对谁而言?
At what cost? And to whom?
好吧
All right.
我愿意为你开车 薪水比我以前的合同还低
I’ll drive for you for less than I was getting on my old contract.
我自己支付开支
I’ll pay my own expenses.