It was a joke.
你还想要我吗 斯科特?
Do you still want me, Scott?
想
Yes.
我对你的职业还是有同样的感受
I still feel the same about what you’re doing.
这没有改变 你知道的
That hasn’t changed, you know.
我觉得你是个傻瓜
I think you’re a fool.
是的 我知道
Yeah, I know.
但是…
But…
我也没有改变 你知道的
I haven’t changed either, you know.
我是说…
I mean…
我真的不能给你任何承诺
I really can’t promise you anything.
没关系的
That’s all right.
这是问题所在 人们彼此承诺得太多
That’s the problem, really. People promise each other too much.
怎么了 让-皮埃尔?
What’s wrong, Jean-Pierre?
出什么事了?
What is it?
你对我的问题无能为力 路易丝
There’s nothing you can do about what’s wrong with me, Louise.
我可不这么想 除非你告诉我是什么事
I won’t admit that until I know what’s troubling you.
我觉得我的生活出了错
I suppose what’s wrong with me is my life.
但我不能 或者说不会作出改变
But I can’t change it. Or won’t.
所以你帮不了我什么
So there’s nothing you can do for me.
你的生活怎么了?
What’s wrong with your life?
我开始看到它的荒谬之处
I’ve begun to see the absurdity of it.
我们所有人
All of us.
为了证明什么?
Proving what?
证明我们可以跑得更快?
That we can go faster?
也许同时能保住小命?
And perhaps remain alive?
尼诺为了一个奖杯玩命
Nino, gambling his life for a trophy…
然后用啤酒和嬉戏填充生活
then fills it with beer and does tricks.
斯托达德为了开车不断吃药
Stoddard, filling himself with drugs in order to drive…
还是痛得昏倒
and still passing out with the pain.
难道你看不出这一切是多么的荒谬? 谁在乎呢?
Don’t you see how absurd it all is? Who cares?
我以为你在乎
I thought you cared.
为你自己
For yourselves.
我不知道你是否问过其他人
I didn’t know you asked it of anyone else.
不过确实有人在乎
Nevertheless, others do care.
今天有十万人很在意
A hundred thousand of them cared today.
那你有没有看到他们急着去看皮特被烧死?
And did you see them rush to see Peter burn?
你看到他们脸上的表情了吗? 我看到了
Did you see the looks on their faces? I saw.
我今天第一次真切地看到了他们的脸
For the first time today, I really saw those faces.
但不是所有人都这样 让-皮埃尔
But not all of them, Jean-Pierre.
有一些人是来处理事故和救火的
There are some who come for that, for the accidents and the fires.
至于其他人
But the others,
或许他们与你感同身受
the others ride with you, maybe.
你把常人无法触及的体验带进了他们的生活
You put something in their lives that they can’t put there themselves.
你也是其中之一吗?
Are you one of those?
这不重要
It doesn’t matter.
这很重要
Yes, it does.
也许我是其中之一
Maybe I am one of those.
三个月前我来到这里时
When I came here three months ago…
我的生活有一处空白需要填补
there was a place in my life that needed to be filled.
你做到了
You’ve done that.
你和你令人兴奋的赛车生活
You and, I suppose, the excitement of what you do.
是你向我提供了这些东西 让-皮埃尔
But you offered me these things, Jean-Pierre.
你不能现在谴责我接受了它们
You can’t condemn me now for having accepted them.
不 我不会为此谴责你 亲爱的
No, I don’t condemn you for that, darling.
对不起
Sorry.
让-皮埃尔 你可以停下来
Jean-Pierre, you can stop.
如果你有这样的感觉 你可以现在停下来
If you feel as you do, you could stop now.
不行 这没那么容易
No, it’s not so easy.
没那么容易
Not so easy.
没那么容易
Not so easy.
在蒙扎赛道举♥行♥的意大利大奖赛
With the Italian Grand Prix at the Monza Autodrome…
使用了高速椭圆赛道和公路赛道的组合
they’re using a combination of the banked oval high-speed track and the road circuit.
全程将近6.25英里
The whole thing comes to almost six and a quarter miles…
其中一半以上是公路赛道
just over half of this length being the road circuit…
拥有高速弯和长直道
with its fast corners and long straights.
其本身已是世界上最高速的赛道之一
By itself, it’s one of the fastest circuits in the world.
加上椭圆赛道 会带来惊人的速度
And combined with the oval track, it should give some phenomenal speeds.
我的车怎么还没到 吉多?
Why hasn’t my car arrived, Guido?
它不再归我管了 让-皮埃尔
It’s no longer in my hands, Jean-Pierre.
出什么问题了?
What’s the trouble?
我的车还没有从工厂运来
My car hasn’t arrived from the factory.
同样的事情以前也发生过
The same thing has happened before.
不是我 而是其他那些失宠的车手
Not to me, but to other drivers who have fallen from grace.
施压
Pressure.
施压?
Pressure?
难道压力还不够大吗?
Isn’t there enough of that as it is?
你得摸透马内塔先生的心思 亲爱的
You have to grasp the mind of Signor Manetta, my darling.
如果一位车手能被这些手段影响
If a driver can be reached by those tactics…
这意味着他可能会担心自己在车队的位置
it means he probably will fear for his place on the team.
而这正是马内塔想要的
That is exactly what Manetta wants.
因为那名车手会更加努力地争取胜利
Because that driver will try all the harder to win.
他也许会承担一些他通常规避的风险
He will perhaps take a risk which he would ordinarily avoid.
而风险总是风险
And risks are always risks.
但车会送来的
But the car will come.
好吧 如果不来 我会利用我的影响力
Well, if it doesn’t, I’ll use my influence…
并且给你在看台上找个最好的座位
and I’ll get you the best seat in the grandstand.
还没有消息吗?
No sign of it?
没有
No.
别担心 让-皮埃尔 他们就想要你这样
Don’t worry, Jean-Pierre. That’s what they want you to do.
那么他就犯了一个大错误
He makes a great mistake, then.
你确定想让车送来吗?
Are you sure you wanted it to come?
在坡道上 这些3L的赛车预计最高可达到每小时180英里的时速
A maximum of about 180 miles an hour can be expected from these 3-liter cars on this high banking,
车会从粗糙的表面受到巨大的冲击
where they get a a tremendous pounding from the rough surface
并且会感觉到强大的离心力
and the strain imposed by centrifugal force…
在他们再次俯冲到公路上之前
before they swoop down onto the road circuit again…
转向时的动力把控极为重要
where cornering power handling are at the premium.
下午好 尼诺
Good afternoon, Nino.
萨尔蒂夫人
Madame Sarti.
你见过弗雷德里克森小姐吗 萨尔蒂夫人?
Have you met Miss Frederickson? Madame Sarti.
你好 莫妮卡
Hello, Monique.
你好 路易丝
Hello, Louise.
所以你现在领跑积分榜 尼诺
So you are leading in points for the championship, Nino.
但没有我希望的那么多 萨尔蒂夫人
But not by as many points as I would like, Madame Sarti.
你要做的就是打败我的丈夫
All you have to do is to beat my husband.
问题是 他准备好被打败了吗?
The question is, is he ready to be beaten?
失陪了 我有一些工作要回酒店处理
Please excuse me, I have some work to do back at the hotel.
尼诺 告诉让-皮埃尔… – 好的 好的
Nino, tell Jean-Pierre… – Yes, yes.
她很漂亮 不是吗?
She’s quite good-looking, isn’t she?
是的
Yes.
当然 对一个喜欢这种类型的人来说
Of course, for one who cares for the type.
是的 失陪了 萨尔蒂夫人
Yes. Excuse me, Madame Sarti.
哦不 等等 我站这…好些了吗?
Oh, no, wait. Let me stand… It’s better?
问题是 让-皮埃尔 你打算怎么做?
The question is, Jean-Pierre, what are you going to do about it?
做什么? 我不明白
Do? I don’t understand.
当然是每个人都会面临的失败时刻
The time for losing comes to every man, of course.
我没想到你的这一刻来得这么快
I had not expected yours to come so soon.
这辆车一直出问题
There have been problems with the car.
瞧啊 瞧啊 萨尔蒂
Come, come, Sarti.
我本以为不会听到你用这种低级借口
I expect excuses like that from lesser men than you.
你是有史以来最好的车手之一
You’ve been one of the best that ever lived.
在我看来这是毫无疑问的
There is no question of that in my mind.
从不犯错 总是百分之百的专注
Never a wrong move, the concentration always there, 100 percent.
直到这个女人出现
Until this woman.
你想错了 马内塔先生
You have been misled, Signor Manetta.
你以为我是条训练有素的狗 你一打响指我就跳过来吗?
You take me for a trained dog to jump at the snap of your fingers?
我的生命不属于任何人 只属于我自己
My life belongs to no one but myself.
我一直在认真考虑你的退役问题 萨尔蒂
I’ve been thinking seriously of your retirement, Sarti.
那就现在让我退役
Then retire me now.
请小点声
Kindly lower your voice.
我当然不会现在让你退役