我明白
I know.
我试着去想在那个地方…
I try to imagine him
about the place again…
…做着平常的事
…doing some commonplace thing.
在花♥园♥里做事 或者
洗洗我们的小狗
Working in the garden, perhaps,
or washing the dog.
我无法想象我能适应这种想象带来的快乐
I can’t imagine I shall ever get used
to the joy of it.
当然 我们不会把快乐建立在这种想象之上
Surely, we shall never again
take our happiness for granted.
再见 再没有比见到你更快乐的了
Goodbye. There’s no one
I’m so happy to see as you.
再见 海伦
Goodbye, Helen.
下次我来时 希望能见到你们一家三口
Next time I come, I’ll expect
to find the three of you.
车来了 再见
等等 嘿
There’s that bus. Goodbye.
Hi there. Hi.
从各个角度都是充满希望的新闻
From every point comes news of hope.
最终我们可以毫无畏惧地说
光明就在眼前
We can say at last without fear
that the end is in sight.
但即使是胜利
我们仍然得忍♥受痛苦…
But even in victory,
we have cruel news to bear…
…损失是多么得悲痛…
…Iosses that are the more tragic…
…因为胜利就在眼前
…because peace is so close at hand.
彼得.科利…
Peter Colley…
…在冰流反击战中…
…Iieutenant in the Coldstream Guards…
…于11月6日晚因为战壕中炸♥弹♥而壮烈牺牲
…was killed in action during a trench raid
on the night of November the 6th.
他把自己暴露在敌人面前去保护他的传令兵…
He remained in full view of the enemy
in order to rescue his batman…
…传令兵也严重受伤
…who had fallen fatally wounded.
在抢救前两人都已牺牲
Both men died
before they could be brought in.
这是布鲁克菲尔德的荣耀…
It is a great honor to Brookfield
that His Majesty the king…
…陛下追赠科利中尉特殊荣誉奖章
…has posthumously awarded Lt. Colley
the Distinguished Service Order.
你们不会记得马科斯.斯塔弗
None of you here
will remember Max Staefel.
从1♥8♥9♥9年到1902年
他在布鲁克菲尔德担任德语教师
He was German master at Brookfield
from 1 899 until 1 992.
他在这里很出名
结识了很多朋友…
He was very popular here,
made many friends…
…我也很自豪地说我是其中之一
…among whom I was proud
to include myself.
今天早晨我从瑞士收到一封信…
I received a letter from Switzerland
this morning…
…告诉我他是萨克森军团的先遣队…
…informing me that he had fallen
advancing with the Saxon Regiment…
…在上月18日
…on the 1 8th of October last.
萨克森军团?他的意思是他在为德国打仗?
The Saxon Regiment? Does he mean
that he was fighting for the Germans?
肯定是这样
Must have been.
读出他的名字来感觉很奇怪
毕竟 他现在是敌人
Funny reading his name out with the others.
After all, he was an enemy.
这只是奇普斯的想法
One of Chips’ ideas, I suppose.
他有很多象这样的奇妙想法
He’s got lots of funny ideas like that.
是的 先生 他该离开学校了
Yes, sir. He should be just
coming out of school now.
每时每刻我都期待着他
I expect him at any moment.
稍等别挂 先生
奇普先生来了
Hold the line, sir.
Here is Mr. Chipping.
从伦敦打来的 先生 是科尔.摩根
From London, sir. Col. Morgan.
啊?哦 你好 摩根
Yes? Oh, hello, Morgan.

Yes.
是是 当然 当然
Yes. Yes, of course.
能听到你的声音太高兴了
It was good of you to call me.
谢谢 再见
Thank you. Goodbye.
先生 有什么不对的吗?
Pardon me, sir. Anything wrong?
让梅尔富德先生在大礼堂召集所有学生
Ask Mr. Melford to be good enough
to assemble the whole school in Big Hall.
孩子们 战争结束了
Boys, the war is over.
没反应
There isn’t any answer.
再敲
Knock again.
-我该说什么呢?
-说”我来了 奇普斯先生”
-What shall I say?
-Say, ” Here I am, Mr. Chips.”
我来了 奇普斯先生
Here I am, Mr. Chips.
发生什么了?
What on earth?
我看到你站在那里
I can see you’re there.
这是干什么呢?
What is all this?
他们说你想见我 先生
They told me you wanted to see me, sir.
哦 是他们说的吗?
Oh, so they told you, did they?
是啊 我确实想见你
That’s quite right.
I did want to see you.
跟我进来吧 一起喝茶
Come along inside and have some tea.
跟我来
Come along.
我刚热了壶茶
I’ve warmed the pot.
-能帮我冲一下这茶壶吗?
-是 先生
-Would you fetch me the kettle?
-Yes, sir.
谢谢
Thank you.
你是新来的吗?
So you’re a new boy?
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
-你的名字?
-科利 先生
-Name?
-Colley, sir.
小彼得.科利?
Young Peter Colley?
是啊 你怎么知道 先生
Why, yes, sir.
我知道你父亲
I knew your father.
是的 先生 我父亲和祖父都曾在这里学习
Yes, sir, my father was here,
and my grandfather.
是啊 当然
Yes, of course.
一个
One.
两个
Two.
每个壶放一个 呃?
And one for the pot, eh?
好的 搅拌一下
All right. Pour away.
稳住 稳住 别洒了
Steady, steady. Don’t drown it.
-把椅子拿过来 可以吗?
-好的 先生
-Draw up that chair, will you?
-Yes, sir.
-两块糖?
-谢谢 先生
-Two lumps?
-Please, sir.
请坐
Sit down.
来 给你一块蛋糕
Here you are. Have a piece of cake.
谢谢 先生
Thank you, sir.
现在…
Now…
…你觉得布鲁克菲尔德怎么样?
…what do you think of Brookfield?
哦 这儿很大 先生
Oh, it’s big, sir.
你会喜欢这里的 等你习惯了这里的一切
You’ll like it, though,
when you get used to it.
这已经不像第一天那么可怕了
It’s not half such an awful place
as it seems the first day.
-有一些害怕吧 我想
-是的 有点 先生
-A bit afraid of it, I expect?
-A bit, sir.
一开始我也是这样的
So was I to begin with.
不过已经过去好久了
But that’s quite a while ago.
准确来说是63年
Sixty-three years, to be exact.
吃块软糕吧
Try one of those sponge cakes.
你会来看我们吗?先生
你喜欢我母亲 她很有意思
Won’t you come to see us someday, sir?
You’d like my mother. She’s funny.
我的意思是 她喜欢开玩笑 而且很好玩
I mean, she makes quite good jokes.
是的 我很喜欢听 科利
She does, eh? I’m glad of that, Colley.
有一个会讲笑话的母亲真好
It’s good to have a mother
that makes jokes.
我相当了解你的那些山头
I know those hills of yours quite well.
一年秋天我在那里 树叶开始凋落
I was there one autumn
when the leaves were turning.
色彩真美丽 绿色 红色还有金色
Beautiful colors. Green and red and gold.
我想这是集♥合♥的铃♥声♥
你得赶过去了
I’m afraid that’s the bell for call-over.
You’ll have to go.
必须吗 先生?
Oh, must l, sir? I’m sorry.
只是走过老师跟前叫自己的名字
Just walk by the master
and call your name.
-别害怕
-现在不会了 先生
-Don’t let it scare you.
-Oh, it won’t now, sir.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!