我们可以找汤尼 班奈或
We can get Tony Bennett
崔尼 罗佩斯
or Trini Lopez.
想到了 杰瑞
I got it. Jerry Vale.
他18号♥结束表演
He closes the Copa on the 18th.
那日期确定吗
-Is that date firm?
我侄女告诉我的
-I got it from my niece.
这不是三脚猫的把戏
This is not the Catskills. Get somebody good.
找海滩男孩来 别胡来了
Get The Beach Boys. -Don’t dick around.
我们试过了 但经纪人说
-Oh, we tried, but their agent says…
他们还在沙滩上 11月才有空
they’re still on the beach and they won’t be off the sand ’til November! Ba-da-bang!
是不是有人穿了我的制♥服♥
Didn’t somebody wearing my uniform and bearing a striking
配上我的阶级代表我个人
resemblance to myself…
而说这种音乐不适当吗
just say that that kind of music was inappropriate?
抱歉 长官 我还没有睡觉
Sorry, sir. I haven’t been to sleep.
前任副总统周五来此
-The former V.P. will be here on Friday.
我期望副总统的记者招待会
I expect every minute of the V.P ‘.’S P.C. to be taped and broadcast…
将在他到达后12小时内播出
within 12 hours of his arrival.
有什么好笑的吗 加利
Something funny, Garlick?
也许你能和大家分享一下
Well, perhaps you’d like to share it with the rest of us.
不 长官 前任副总统令人兴奋
No, sir. The former vice president is a delight, sir.
对不起 长官
Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how
既然VP是VIP
the V.P. is such a V.I.P.,
我们是否该将VP的事QT
shouldn’t we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.,
因泄露给VC就会变成MIA
’cause if it leaks to the V.C.,
那时我们就会变成KP
he could end up an M.I.A., and then we’d all be put on K.P.
我想离开了
I would like to leave the room now.
是 长官
Oh, yes, sir.
如果你是的话
And if you do…
这里是艾迪和雷康尼夫选辑
Eddie Kirk here,
马上就播放了
and Ray Conniff jubilee coming up in just a few moments.
我说选辑 其实是最新的唱片
I call it a jubilee. Actually, it’s a Ray Conniff featurette.
3 也许4个顶尖的雷康尼夫
Three, maybe four, back-to-back
经典之作
Ray Conniff classics.
我们到了 吉米 握哈
We’re here, sir. Jimmy Wah’s.
这是我们喜欢来的地方
This is the place where we like to hang out, sir.
很热闹 有点鸦♥片♥馆的样子
Real homey, in an opium kind of way.
厄尔 吉米 他是老板
-Earl! Earl! Earl! -That’s Jimmy Wah. He owns the place. Hi! Hi! Hi! Hi! Hi!
现在该你对我说哈啰 然后微笑
-Now you say hi to me, then you smile.
二位厄尔 要来杯酒吗
Hey, you two Earl. What about a couple of beer?
我们很喜欢来二杯酒 吉米
We’d love a couple of beers, Jimmy.
我们为何叫做厄尔
-Are either of our names “Earl”?
大家都是厄尔
-He calls everybody Earl.
吉米是不是有点娘娘腔
Is it me, or is Jimmy light in the loafers?
我这样说好了
Let me put it to you this way.
他听说了华特 布里门的事
He’s got this thing for Walter Brennan.
他试图想买♥♥他的裸体照片
He says he wants to buy naked photographs of the actor.
已经有三年了
-For three years he’s been trying.
华特 布里门
-Walter Brennan?
电视剧的”麦考”
You know, Walter Brennan from The Real McCoys, the TV show?
总之 第一团第二步兵连的人
Anyway, there’s this guy from the First Battalion, Second lnfantry,
他发誓能找到他的裸体照
who swore he could get him naked photographs of the actor.
我一直想告诉那是办不到的
I’ve been trying to tell him that it’s no-go,
但他不肯听
but he won’t listen to me.
小丑
-Oh, God.
华特 布里门的裸照
Nude photographs of Walter Brennan.
酒来了
-Here’s your beer.
谢谢 吉米
-Thank you, Jimmy.
好
-Right.
华特 布里门的事有进展了吗
Any movement on the Walter Brennan thing?
没有 远景也不太好
No, and it doesn’t look good, Jimmy.
我看他远景很好
-He look good to me.
巴米巴酒是越南最好的
Ba Muy Ba beer best beer in Vietnam.
巴米巴是越南唯一的酒
Ba Muy Ba beer only beer in Vietnam.
试试看
Try it.
怎么了 怎么了
-Oh, what happened? -What happened?
甲全
Formaldehyde.
我们为了香味而放了点甲全
We put in just a touch of formaldehyde for flavor.
有的人会不舒服
Some people get sick, yeah.
如你要紧急送医的话
So if you have to be rushed to a hospital, then when you return,
当你回来时 我请你免费的沙拉 这似乎很公平 真的是
-I give you a free salad. -Well, that seems fair. It really does.
你会习惯的
-You’ll get used to it.
也许
-Maybe.
她在那里 这女人极于想要我
There she is.
我不能令她失望 我去打猎了
-Any girl who wants me this bad, I can’t let her down. -Where you go?
在她消失前要找到她
-Hunt is on. -What is wrong? -Gotta catch her before she accelerates. -You can’t go yet.
你要尝尝我的鸡肉
You have to try my spicy chicken.
琳怎么样了
Hi. How’s Lynn doing?
对不起 你好像托里多的朋友琳
I’m sorry. You look like Lynn’s friend from Toledo.
听着 我请你喝杯咖啡补偿你
Let me make it up to you by buying a cup of coffee.
茶也可以
Tea would fall into that category.
我认为方法不太正确
I not think be… not correct of way. Please. Okay?
她说什么
-What did she just say?
她说不行
-She said no, sir.
艾德华 我恋爱了
-But, Edward, I’m in love. You think she likes seafood?
她要走了 艾德华
Um… She’s getting away. Edward, Edward,
去开吉普车
get the Jeep! Get the Jeep!
好
Okay.
被卡车困住了 你待在这里
It-It’s blocked in by a truck.
我去找那人谈
-You stay here, sir. I’ll talk to the guys.
没时间 计程车
-We don’t have time. Taxi!
我买♥♥下单车 用单车
-We’ll buy bikes. Se habla Yiddish? -We won’t buy bikes.
这些轮胎上没有橡皮轮圈
-There’s actually no rubber on these tires. -Oh, picky, picky.
真挑剔 走吧 艾德华 大追逐
-Let’s go, Edward! Yaah, the chase! Ah-ha!
长官 我们要表现点尊严
Sir! Sir, we have to get some dignity here!
有点尊严
A little dignity.
长官 这不安全
Sir! This is… This is not safe, sir!
长官
Sir!
午安 同学们
-Good afternoon, class.
午安 史隆先生
Good afternoon, Mr. Sloan.
上一堂课我们念到第三章
Last time, our last class, we read chapter three.
你说去受轮胎训练的
You should’ve gotten the one with the training wheels, pal.
我几乎被压死
I was almost killed.
卡车的保险杆离我鼻子只这么近
A truck’s bumper was this far from my nose.
我的一生在眼前经过
My whole life passed before my eyes,
并且一点也不精彩
and it wasn’t even interesting to me.
我要如何能认识这女孩
How am I gonna get to first base with this girl?
全投射了 俗话说的好
It zoomed right by, just like the way they say it does.
集邮 帮忙父亲的农务
Stamp collections, pulling chickweeds from my dad’s dichondra plants,
帮忙母亲清理车♥库♥
arranging rakes by sizes for my mom in the garage.
即使是回顾二秒钟
Even encapsulated in two seconds, my life is dull.
-我的一生很无趣 我认为很危险 -帮我这件事
-I find that very alarming. -Edward, stay with me on this.
要如何做才能使这女孩和我出去
-How am I gonna get this girl to go out with me? -You’re not.
你不行 文化非常不同
This is a different culture.
你需要非常明确 正式的介绍
You would need specific family-sanctioned introductions
才能和这女孩交谈
in order to talk to this girl.
听
Shh! Listen.
我从未听过这种美曲
the book. -I’ve never heard rhymes like that.
我一定要与她在一起
I’ve got to be with her,
至少要记住我的名字
at least ’til she learns my name.
你想教书能和他约会吗
-You think the teacher would be able to date her?
有可能
-Possibly.
但你…我正要听这句话
-But you would need very… -That’s just what I wanted to hear.
需要正式的介绍才行
specific… introductions.
我们今天要谈的是购物
What we’re going to talk about today is shopping.
为了晚餐而购物
Shopping for dinner,
我在去购物时所买♥♥的东西
and the things you buy during your shopping trip.
特别是…
Specifically…
失陪一下
Excuse me.
我能效劳吗 是
Can I help you?
我只剩2个月好活了
Y es, I have two months to live and