你要康纳再广播…
You want Cronauer back on the air.
我们有二大袋的邮件
We’ve gotten duffel bags filled with information,
要求康纳再复职
asking for Cronauer’s reinstatement.
大家全恨哈克
The men all hate Hauk.
他们要康纳回来
They want Cronauer back.
他是位振奋精神的人
He’s an exhilarating personality,
波卡舞曲是替代不了的
and polkas are just no substitute.
我想我要看个范例
I think I see a pattern forming here.
这些信件太露骨了
Sir, these letters are unequivocal. Uh, e.g.
哈克 去吃一袋粪 你真烂
“Hey, Hauk, eat a bag of shit. You suck.”
这已表明重点了 没什么好说
That’s pretty much to the point, sir. Not much gray area in this one.
我们只接到一通肯定的电♥话♥
We got one positive call from some guy in Wichita…
他认为哈克的笑语是空中阁楼
who thought Hauk’s comedy was visionary and interesting.
其他一千一百通电♥话♥说他
The other 1,100 calls said that the man
根本不会说笑话 要他省省吧
can’t do comedy to save his dick.
这是直接引过的 长官
That’s a direct quote, sir.
我今早接了90通电♥话♥
I’ve taken 90 calls this morning.
他们不喜欢哈克
They just don’t like Hauk.
越南部队
From a marine in Da Nang
哈克中尉把死人的睾丸也吓干了
: “Captain Hauk sucks the sweat off a dead man’s balls.”
我不知那是什么意思 但是
I have no idea what that means, sir,
我看来那非常的否定
but it seems very negative to me.
我想部队是想告诉我们一件事
I think the troops are tryin’ to tell us somethin’, fellas.
长官 如是我的节目内容
Sir, if it is my programming choices, I can change.
我能改 我会播放波卡舞曲是因
I’ve been broadcasting polkas because l thought a certain segment of the men…
我认为部份被康纳的摇滚乐 所分♥裂♥的人不代表全体
weren’t represented by Cronauer’s broadcasts of rock and roll.
但我可以偶而放盖瑞路易斯的歌♥
But I can easily play an occasional Gary Lewis record.
你放不放波卡舞曲没多大差别
It doesn’t make a damn whether you play polkas or don’t play polkas.
军中的政♥治♥ 不是针对你个人
Military politics. Nothing personal.
大家比较喜欢他 不喜欢你
The men just like him better than they do you.
他故意的播报非官方的新闻
He maliciously and with purposeful intent read unofficial news.
不 不 他犯了个错误
No, no, no, no. He made a mistake.
我们全会犯错
We all make mistakes.
现在的情况是很敏感的平衡状况
Now this thing is a delicate balance over here,
我不要全依赖一位播音员
and I don’t want it dependent on a disc jockey.
弟兄要他回来 我就要他回来
The men want him back, I want him back.
长官
Sir,
你只听到不喜欢我那种幽默的人
you heard from the men who don’t like my humor,
那些沉默大众喜欢我的人呢
but what about the silent masses who do?
至于波卡舞曲
And as far as polkas,
音乐品味较高
they are a much-maligned musical taste.
中尉 你是东南西北分不清
Lieutenant, you don’t know whether you’re shot, fucked, powder-burned or snake-bit.
我才不在乎波卡舞曲
I don’t care about polkas.
他们在大声叫喊
They’re rioting in Hue.
我们每个月有上千部队来此
We’re bringin’ in thousands of troops every month.
西贡的恐怖活动增加了
Terrorism’s on the uprise in Saigon.
此国家问题和你放不放波卡舞曲
The problems of this country have not one goddamned thing to do with…
一点也没有关系
whether you play polkas or don’t play polkas.
弟兄要他回来 我要他回来
The men want him back. I want him back.
让他复职
Reinstate the man.
长官
Sir, in my heart,
在我内心里 我知我很风趣
I know I’m funny.
谢谢你 中尉
Thank you, Lieutenant.
你在此 长官
-There you are, sir.
拜托别叫我长官
-Please don’t call me “sir.”
我刚由总部回来 你又要广播了
-It just came down the pike. You’re back on the air, sir.
我不做了
-I’m not goin’ on.
不做了是什么意思
What do you mean you’re not goin’ on?
听不明白
If you don’t understand what I said,
也许该参加我的英文班
maybe you should take my English class.
我不做了
I’m not goin’ on.
你很帅 艾伯 别以为我没注意
Very attractive man, Abersold. Don’t think I haven’t noticed.
你会很无聊 你要如何打发时间
-You’ll be bored, you know. What are you gonna do with your time?
不知道
-I don’t know.
也许去城中找位叫菲尔的越南人
I may go downtown, look for a Vietnamese man named Phil.
或是留在这里听白藩的老唱片
Or I may just stay here and listen to old Pat Boone records.
试着找寻它背后的意义
Try and find some hidden meaning
基本来说 我认为那人
’cause basically I believe that
是位被误解的天才
man is a misunderstood genius.
天才 你是在对我说什么
Genius. What are you saying to me?
我说我不干了 艾德
I’m sayin’ I’m through, Ed.
我已厌倦别人对我说什么不能讲
I’m tired of people tellin’ me what I can’t say.
这段新闻不是官方的
This news isn’t official.
那评论太讽刺
That comment is too sarcastic.
我连查理 尼克森也不能开玩笑
I can’t even make fun of Richard Nixon,
那个人正大声叫喊着要被取笑
and there’s a man who’s screaming out to be made fun of.
所以 何苦
So fuck it. Sorry.
他不要紧吗 不 他不好
-Is he all right? -No, Phil, he’s not all right.
如事情顺利的话
A man does not refer to Pat Boone
他不会将白藩视为美丽的天才
as a beautiful genius if things are all right.
长官
-Sir.
加利
-Garlick?
我要你校对一下这些优先新闻稿
I’d like you to collate these one-minute spots prior to broadcast.
你对这个有问题吗 年轻人
You have a problem with that, young man?
绝对没有
-Absolutely not.
我靠校对过活
I live to collate, sir.
好
-Good.
我也是
So do l.
找份工作
-“Get A Job.”
找份工作 再一次
-Get a job. Again.
找到工作ue4d1对 你出师了
Y eah, a job. Right. -You got it. You’re cookin’ now.
长官 艾伍
-Sir? -Edward.
我想要个解释
-I’d like an explanation.
有没有什么特别的事吗
-On anything in particular?
很多人要你
-A lot of people went to the mat for you.
成千的人写信来 打电♥话♥
Thousands of guys wrote in, called in,
想让你复职
tryin’ to get you reinstated.
我认为你亏欠他们全体
And I literally think that you owe it to all of them to get your ass back on the air.
该再回去广播
And I literally think that you owe it to all of them to get your ass back on the air.
天知道 军方不要我 艾德
If you haven’t noticed, the Army doesn’t really want me, Ed.
从我下机那天起就在找我麻烦
They’ve been harassing me since the day I got off the plane.
又怎样
So what?
重要的是战场上那些人 记得吗
It’s the guys in the field that matter, remember?
死的是那些人
Those are the guys that are dyin’.
我试着说真♥相♥ 他们却赶我走
Edward, I tried to tell the truth, and they kicked me off the air.
我再犯错 迪克会送我去打仗
I screw up once more, Dickerson sends me into the field with a rifle.
我则装在箱子里回来
I come home in a box.
你所做的对很多人很重要
What you do is important to a lot of people.
不必了 好吗 听着 我放弃了
Forget it, will ya? Listen. I give up.
废话说够了 我要走了 再见
I’m gonna phone ’em in, okay? Enough bullshit. I’m outta here. See you, fellas.
我请你吃中饭
-Buy you some lunch.
不能让你这么做
-Can’t let you do that.
如我不去上课 会有很多越南人
Listen, if I don’t get to my class, there’s gonna be a bunch of Vietnamese…
说着残缺不全的英文
speaking in short, choppy sentences.
我们必需谈 马上谈
-Look, we gotta talk. We gotta talk now.
不要现在 别这样
-Not now, man. Come on.
我不相信你
I can’t believe you!
什么 不好意思
What? That’s it?
你把整个事情丢下了
You’re gonna leave the whole fuckin’ thing behind.
把事情吊在半空 人们在依靠你
You’re gonna leave everything fuckin’ hanging. People are depending on you!
艾伍 拜托
Edward, please.
一年中竟说了二个脏字
That’s two nasty words in one year.
原谅我
-Forgive me. -Hey.
你要送我去学校 还是再买♥♥单车
Hey, you wanna give me a ride to school or am I gonna have to buy another bike?
惹火我了
You’re pissin’ me off.
为何道路阻塞了 我看看
-What the hell’s the holdup? -Check it out.
你别说了好吗 你的口气渐渐像
Garlick, will you cut it out? You’re beginning to sound like a priest in a ’40s movie.
40年代电影中的爱尔兰神父
Garlick, will you cut it out? You’re beginning to sound like a priest in a ’40s movie.
当弟兄依靠你时我不会开除你
We are not firing you when the boys are dependin’ on you.
各位 你在干什么 艾德
-Gentlemen? -What are you doing, Ed?