别激动 马姬
Easy, Madge. Also, uh, Elizab…
同时 伊莉莎白皇后…
Queen Elizabeth, Liz, Elizabeth Taylor!
伊莉莎白 泰勒
Elizabeth Taylor.
结婚6个月后还仍维持着
She’s still married after six months.
不错 伊莉
-Way to go, Liz. Hey!
对 今日的西贡
All right! In Saigon today, according to official sources, All right! In Saigon today, according to official sources,
根据官方的消息是一切平安
nothing actually happened.
一件官方上没有发生的事是
One thing that didn’t officially happen
一个炸♥弹♥并没有正式的爆♥炸♥
was a bomb didn’t officially explode…
在1430时没有正式的摧毁了
at 1430 hours, unofficially destroying
吉米咖啡厅
Jimmy Wah’s Cafe.
把他赶出去
-Get him out of there.
非正式报导了人受伤
-Three men were unofficially wounded, and two men…
有二人的身份至目前仍不清楚
whose identities are still not known at this time are unofficially dead.
非正式的被杀了 把门撞开 警方和消防队的报告
-Break the goddamn door down. -Although the police, ambulance and fire department responded,
但已据信在此刻是非官方的
it’s believed to be unofficial at this present moment.
把开关关掉 马上关掉
Turn the power off in that studio. Turn it off! Now!
我只是认为你们该…
I just wanted to think that you should…
那人该送军法
The man should be court-martialed, sir.
你们认为这是本周我该处理的
You think this is the most serious set of affairs I have to address this week?
最严重事件ue4d1不是
-Well, it’s not.
我不相信你要放过此事 将军
-I can’t believe you’re gonna pass on this, General.
那人是颠复份子
-The man is a goddamned subversive.
他犯了个错误
-He made a mistake, Dick.
错误 当他报导我们军队动向时
Mistake, sir? I don’t want to be around when he broadcasts U.S. troop movements…
我可不想在场
to the other side.
我是严格遵守由军方情报处规定
I run the station according to strict
来管理电台的
guidelines set by military intelligence.
军方情报处
Military intelligence?
这倒是种矛盾的语气
There’s a contradiction in terms.
长官 那人是个活动炸♥弹♥
Sir, the man is a walking keg of dynamite.
在他广播中的8周里
In the eight weeks he’s been on the air, General,
他以违背命令作为风格
he’s disobeyed orders as to style and content.
他报非官方的新闻
He’s read unofficial news.
6个月后他会变成怎样
What’s he gonna be like in six months?
他变成十倍受欢迎时该怎么办
What’s he gonna be like when he’s ten times as popular, General?
那时要他不广播会很容易吗
How easy is it gonna be to get him off the air then?
谁来接康纳的节目呢
Who’ll do the Cronauer show?
哈克能
Well, Hauk can do it, sir,
直到我找到接替人选
till I find a replacement.
好 现在起停他职
Okay, for now, suspend him.
长官 你做了正确的选择
Sir, you’ve made the correct choice.
他说什么 他说你已喝多了
-What’d he say? -He say you drink too much already.
告诉他 我要喝酒才能如此滑稽
Well, tell him I drink so I can be this funny.
他说一点也不好笑
It’s not funny at all, he said.
告诉他说谢谢炸了另一种语言
Tell him thanks. It’s nice to bomb in another language.
你再喝的话会不舒服
You will get sick if you drink some more.
走
Come on.
我的村子离此不远
My village not too far from here.
你可以去休息一下
You could come there for resting.
你可以看我们的生活方式
You could see how we live.
听着 聪明小子
Listen, Sparky,
我想看你们的生活不会使我高兴
I don’t think seeing your little production of Our Town is gonna cheer me up.
你能看到陈
-You see Trinh there.
我开车
-I’ll drive.
红皮 黄皮…
Red leather, yellow leather. Red… Led… Red, red leather, yellow leather.
长官 报新闻是一回事
-Red leather, yellow leather… -Sir, sir.
但你写的那东西不好笑 很悲哀
Reading the news is one thing, but this stuff you wrote, i-it’s not funny, sir. It’s sad.
长官 我求你 别当滑稽客
Sir? I’m begging you. Don’t try to do comedy.
你不是这块料
It’s not in your blood.
我会做的很好
I’ll do fine.
喜剧是创造出来的
Comedy is what you make it.
我有好多页的上好题材 对不
I’ve got pages and pages of great material. Right, Abersold?
恐怕你会一败涂地 长官
I’m afraid you’re gonna be hittin’ bottom, sir.
如不好笑的话
If it isn’t funny,
为何你们在打字时我听见笑声
then why did l hear you laughing when you typed it?
我在想别的事
I was thinking of something else.
谢谢你的支持 我有节目要做了
Thank you for your support. Now I’ve got a show to do.
长官 你不风趣 打听一下
Sir, you’re not funny. Ask around.
问我 我们都很尊敬你 长官
Ask me. Sir, with all due respect,
你也许能下蛋 大蛋
uh, I think you’re gonna… you might lay an egg… I mean a big egg.
我了解风趣 我不认为你是
I mean, I know funny, and I don’t think you’re it. But hey, such is life.
就像我 我对工具就不内行ue4d1
Me, I’m not much with power tools.
那是派图 克拉的精彩歌♥曲
Hey, that was the great, exciting sound of Petula Clark.
海滩少年 是那些人才对
-Beach Boys. Those were guys. -Of The Beach Boys.
海滩少年 我的时间到了
Hey, that wraps it up for me, Marty Lee Dreiwitz.
艾德伦·康纳外出执行短暂任务
Adrian Cronauer is on temporary assignment,
但我有个大惊喜给你们
but boy, do I have a surprise for you.
别太捧他
Don’t build him up. You’ll only let ’em down…
请欢迎终于出现在麦克风前
Please welcome to the microphone the lieutenant of laughs,
的中尉笑匠 名嘴军官
the officer of oral, the Westmoreland of wit,
西半球的名人 摇摆的哈克
swingin’ Steven Hauk!
哈啰 越南
Hello, Vietnam. And greetings.
欢迎 不久就报新闻
Soon, the news. Then:
然后 史帝中尉
Lieutenant Steve! Lieutenant Steve!
那一位
Who’s that?
是我 你的老友法国人
It’s me, your old pal Frenchy.
听着 法国人 我问你一件事
Listen, Frenchy, let me ask you something.
你喜欢美食吗
Do you like good food?
当然 法国人热爱美食
Oh, but of course. Uh, the French love good food.
那我想你就是美食主义者了
Well, then, I guess that would make you an “Eatie Gourmet.”
史帝中尉…
Oh, ho, ho, ho, Lieutenant Steve.
法国人…
Oh, Frenchy.
史帝中尉
Oh, ho, ho, Lieutenant Steve.
法国人 我其实不该取笑法国人
Oh, Frenchy. You know, I really shouldn’t kid Frenchy,
因为有时他会生我的气
because sometimes he “Stan Getz”
他就有可能伤害我
and he could “Al Hirt” me.
史帝中尉 我们来点音乐吧
Uh, Lieutenant Steve, let’s play some music.
好 法国人 你想听什么
Okay, Frenchy. What would you like to hear?
我喜欢波卡舞曲正如喜欢身旁人
Well, uh, I love a good polka as much as the next man.
为我的好友法国人放波卡舞曲
Well, a good polka it is for my good friend Frenchy.
我想有人该道歉了吧
I think some apologies are in order.
你不会还想继续广播下去吧
You’re not gonna continue this broadcast, are you, sir?
他们在干什么
What are they doing?
他们是佛教♥徒♥
Oh, they’re Buddhists. They’re sitting…
他们打坐 祈求和平 智慧知识
for peace, wisdom and knowledge.
他们在等待启发
They’re waiting for enlightenment.
这人的儿子被美军地雷炸死
This man lose one son from blasting American mine.
他父亲和哥哥在很久以前
His father and brother
被法国人杀死
was killed by French long ago.
这对他很不公平
I think it’s not fair to him.
看
Look.
他说这没什么了不起
He’s going, “No big deal.” Look.
放
I know and I’m movin’ Look. Up there. Pull. Pow.
放
Pull. Pow.
你不了解
You not understand. You not.
我们在一起没有前途
We… no future together, Cronow.
我的国家也许没有前途
My country, maybe no future.
我喜欢你 我只想当你的朋友
Hey, I like you. I just want to be your friend, okay?
我不能这么做
-Mmm, l… I not can do this, Cronow. -I know it sounds dumb.
不能当朋友 康纳
No. No friend, Cronow.
对我不好
Not good for, for me.
我弟弟可以当朋友
My brother, okay, friends.
但是越南小姐不能当朋友
But Vietnam ladies not friends.
拜托 好吗
Please. Okay?
好
Okay
不能成为朋友
Not friends.
好棒的一周
Great week.
这是你们所听到最好的波卡舞曲
That’s about as good a polka as you’ll ever hear.
你要康纳再广播
You want Cronauer back on the air.