我总相信 是那些你没法选择的事物
I always believed it was the things you don’t choose
造就了你
that makes you who you are.
你的家乡
Your city.
你的邻里
Your neighborhood.
你的亲人
Your family.
这里的人总是为这些事物骄傲
People here take pride in these things.
好像那是他们的成就
Like it was something they’d accomplished.
他们的灵魂包裹在皮囊里
The bodies around their souls.
然后又被城市笼罩
The cities wrapped around those.
片名: 《失踪的宝贝》
我这辈子一直住在这个街区
I lived on this block my whole life.
这些人多数也一样
Most of these people have.
既然我的工作是寻找失踪者
When your job is to find people who are missing,
知道他们的老家在哪里总是有帮助的
it helps to know where they started.
我找的是那些
I find the people who started in the cracks,
钻进地缝里不见的人
and then fell through.
这座城市或许很残酷
This city can be hard.
小时候我问牧师 怎样才能既保证自己上天堂
When I was young, I asked my priest how you could get to heaven
又不被世上的各种邪恶力量吞噬
and still protect yourself from all the evil in the world.
他告诉我 上帝是这么对自己的孩子说的
He told me what God said to his children.
“你们是狼群中的羔羊”
“You are sheep among wolves,
“既要像毒蛇一样精明”
“be wise as serpents,
“也要像鸽子一样清白”
“yet innocent as doves.”
太太 你就住在马路对面 是吗?
You live just across the street. Is that right, ma’am?
拐角上那座就是我的房♥子
That one on the corner, that’s our house.
你知道 让安妮特上高中 要…
You know, to get Annette in high school, you have…
我听说他们办了开幕式 – 对 我也听说了
I heard they had an opening. – Yeah, me, too.
关键是 她脸上总是挂着微笑
The thing is, she always had a smile on her face.
她就是这样 一直在笑
That was her. She was always smiling.
谁会拐走我的小姑娘?
I mean, who would take my little girl?
她从没伤害过任何人 从没…
She never hurt anybody, never caused…
不管你是谁 如果她在你手上
Whoever you are, if you have her,
马上放了她
you just let her go.
我们不会起诉你
Now, we won’t charge you,
如果你听到我说话 快让她回家
but if you’re out there, just let her come home.
好吗?让她回家
All right? Let her come home.
谁会拐走我的小姑娘?
I mean, who would take my little girl?
他妈的警♥察♥ – 她从没闯过祸
You fucking cops. – She never caused no trouble,
她从没打过架 她是个小乖乖
she never got in any fights, she’s a sweetheart.
这也太夸张了 – 她是个好孩子
This is just unbelievable. – She was a good kid.
警♥察♥全体出动 站在那房♥子外面
The whole force standing outside the house,
背着手 守在人行道上
guarding the sidewalk with their arms crossed.
我是说 难道绑匪又回来了?
I mean, are the kidnappers coming back?
阿曼达·麦克雷蒂被人从家中绑走
Amanda McCready was taken from her home
时间是星期三晚上8:00到8:30之间
between 8:00 and 8:30 Wednesday night.
她今年四岁 金发 绿眼…
She’s four years old, has blond hair and green eyes…
…体重35磅 身高40英寸
Hey. – Hey.
…weighs 35 pounds and is 40 inches tall.
你知道我爱你 对吗? – 对 我知道
You know I love you, right? – Yeah. I know.
饱受指责的警♥察♥和疲惫不堪的市民
A beleaguered police force and a weary citizenry
只能指望少得可怜的一点线索
have been left with so little to cling to.
一条毯子 一个后门 和一个名叫米拉贝尔的布娃娃
A blanket, a back door, and a doll named Mirabelle.
街坊邻居都集♥合♥起来了
The neighborhood’s really coming together.
我们要开个会
We’re gonna have a rally.
每个人都要警戒 今晚我们要守夜
Everyone’s gonna have a vigil. We’re gonna have a vigil tonight.
邻居们都提高了警惕
You know, the neighborhood’s all alert,
每个人都在注意有什么风吹草动…
everybody’s alert of what’s going on and everything that…
我们在周围发了传♥单♥ 贴了寻人启事 我们全都做了
The surroundings. We got flyers up, posters up, we have all that stuff up.
让大家都知道这事 让大家都来找阿曼达
So everybody’s well aware and everybody’s looking for Amanda.
在相关新闻里 负责预防针对儿童犯罪的
In related news, the Boston police captain
波士顿警监
responsible for preventing crimes against children
刚刚说了一些
spoke a few words a moment ago,
安慰的话语
words of comfort.
我理解失去女儿的痛苦 我们不会辜负大家
I know the pain of losing a daughter. We will not fail.
我们将追查每一条线索
We will pursue every avenue.
你了解那个妈妈吗?
Do you know the mother?
杰克·道伊尔警监详细介绍失踪的 多尔切斯特女孩…
Captain Jack Doyle on details of the missing Dorchester girl…
稍微知道一点 那时我是新生 她是高年级的
Little bit. I was a freshman, she was a senior.
她在柱子下面给麦克·古雷口♥交♥
She was blowing Mike Gulley down the post
那时他还是14岁的纯真少男 在佛蒙特州给奶牛挤奶
when he was still 14 and innocent and milking cows up Vermont.
我不知道什么叫纯真
I don’t know about innocent.
据母亲说 阿曼达可能带着自己的一个娃娃
Her mother says Amanda may be carrying a little girl of her own.
人们最后一次看到阿曼达时 她和她最喜欢的娃娃米拉贝尔在一起
Mirabelle was last seen with Amanda. It’s her favorite doll.
这太可怕了
This is horrible.
如果你是电视台 就不会这么想了 – 关了它
Not if you’re Channel 9. – Turn it off.
晚安
Good night.
喂 安姬 去开门吧? – 我在浴室里
Hey, Angie. Get the door? – I’m in the bathroom.
他妈的才7:00!大清早的!
It’s 7:00! Seven in the fucking morning!
怎么?
What?
你是帕特里克·肯奇吗?
Are you Patrick Kenzie?
是 – 碧·麦克雷蒂和莱昂内尔·麦克雷蒂
Yeah. – Bea and Lionel McCready.
我们的外甥女三天前被绑♥架♥了
Our niece was kidnapped three days ago.
请进 请进 真对不起
Please, come on in. Come on in. I have to apologize.
邻居家的孩子爱捣蛋
You know, there’s been some problems with kids in the neighborhood,
他们老是按了门铃就跑
kind of ding-dong ditch, ringing the buzzer and running away.
所以我刚才会爆粗口
So that’s the reason for the language.
哦 – 我们可以晚点再来
Oh. – Well, we can come back later.
不用 不用 别客气
No. Please, please. Make yourself comfortable.
来吧 我们就是… 对不起 这里太乱了
Here, we’re just… I’m sorry about the mess.
我们一直在… 我最近有个案子 还有很多其他案子
We’ve been… I had a late case, and a lot of cases.
我们一直在… 一直在工作
We’ve just been… We’ve just been working a lot,
昨晚还在弄一个案子 所以我们…
we worked on a case last night, you know, so we just…
总之 请坐吧
Please sit down, though.
或者…
Or…
我的合伙人马上就过来 她在别的房♥间里
My associate’ll be in in just a minute. She’s in the other room.
有什么要我们帮忙的?
How can we help you?
你知道在街坊邻居里
Do you know people in the neighborhood
有人不肯和警♥察♥说话吧?
who don’t talk to the police?
对 有一两个
Yeah, one or two.
我们想雇你们来加强对阿曼达的调查
We wanna hire you to augment the investigation of Amanda.
是吗?
Is that right?
你知道在拉姆西案*里 那家人雇了 私♥家♥侦♥探♥吧? (*1996年轰动全美的儿童选美皇后被害案 案犯在2006年才落网)
You know how in JonBenet Ramsey the family hired investigators?
那么… 你们雇外人帮忙 警♥察♥没意见吗?
So… Are the police all right with youse hiring outside help?
警♥察♥应该关心的是怎么找到我的外甥女
The police need to worry about finding my niece.
嗨 我是安姬·杰纳罗 是帕特里克的同事
Hi. I’m Angie Gennaro. I work with Patrick.
你好 我是碧·麦克雷蒂 这是我丈夫莱昂内尔
Hello. I’m Bea McCready. This is my husband, Lionel.
你好 – 他们想雇我们
How do you do? – They wanna hire us
来加强调查
to augment the investigation.
你们该去找精密侦探事务所
You should talk to Precision Investigators.
谁?我… – 我不知道 我的意思是…
Who? I… – I don’t know, I meant…
我们听他们说吧 安姬
Well, let’s hear them out, Ange.
你们不是专找失踪者的侦探吗?
Well, aren’t you missing persons detectives?
对 你们在报上登的广♥告♥就是这么写的
Yeah, that’s what your ad says in the paper.
没错 我们是专找失踪者的侦探
Yeah, we are. We are missing persons detectives.
对不起 她… 我想安姬的意思是说
I’m sorry, she… I think that what Angie means to say is,
是这么回事 应该向你们说明
just for the sake of disclosure, up to this point,
我们的经验主要在于 寻找那些失踪者
our experience has been primarily, you know, finding missing persons
那些家伙失踪是因为…
who’ve gone missing that they…
他们不肯再交动力雪橇的分期付款
You know, they just stop payments on their Jet Ski
搬到新罕布♥什♥尔州去了…
and they went to New Hampshire…
现在本州的每个警♥察♥都在找你们的外甥女
Every police officer in this state is looking for your niece right now.
我不敢说我们能帮多少忙
And I’m not sure how much more help we could be.
你们来帮忙也没有坏处 对吗?
Well, you’re not gonna do any harm, are you?
好吧 听我说 我有爱迪生公♥司♥给我的养老金
All right, look. I got a pension coming up with Edison.
可以用它作抵押 如果… – 不 不是这个意思
So, that’s collateral, if… – No. It’s not that.
为什么这么难办? 警♥察♥不希望我来这
Why is this so hard? The cops don’t want me coming here.
莱昂内尔不希望我来这 – 别担心
Lionel don’t want me coming here. – Don’t worry.
现在你们还不想接这份工作? – 不 我们不是不想接这份工作…
Now you don’t want the job? – No, it’s not that we don’t want the job…
我们作这样的决定之前 都要先私下商量商量
We consult privately before we make decisions like these.
是的 – 那天海琳送她上了床
We do. – Helene puts her to bed.
然后去道蒂家看电视 大概看了半个钟头
She goes across to Dottie’s. Maybe gone a half hour, watches TV