What’s so important you couldn’t tell me on the telephone?
什么事那么重要 不能和我在电♥话♥里说?
We have serious matters to discuss. Collect yourself.
我们有要事相商 你先平静一下
I doubt if I’ll ever be able to.
我没法平静
Serious matters about what?
什么事那么重要?
About Gigi.
关于琪琪
You were at Trouville over the weekend…
你们整个周末都在特卢维尔…
with Gaston Lachaille.
陪加斯顿
Yes.
对
It was a dreadful mistake.
这是个可怕的错误
Dreadful mistake? What are you talking about, Alicia?
可怕的错误? 你在说什么 艾丽西娅?
My dear sister…
亲爱的妹妹…
has it ever occurred to you that Gigi…?
你见过琪琪那样吗?
Well?
什么?
Gigi?
琪琪?
Yes, Gigi.
对 琪琪
It isn’t possible.
这不可能
Not if it’s ruined at the beginning through lack of tact.
如果你先前的失策导致开局不利 就回天乏术了
And when did I display any lack of tact?
我哪里失策了?
It was a most coeserve yourself.
这是一个非常惬意的周末
So congenial that Gaston returned…
惬意得让加斯顿回来后
canceled all eear sister…
取消了所有的约会
and left paris that same evening for Monte Carlo.
当夜就离开巴黎去了蒙特卡洛
He did? He did.
是吗? 是的
For how long? For what they describe as an extended stay.
去多久? 据说要呆上一阵
But why?
为什么?
It doesn’t matter why.
为什么并不重要
It may be a blessing in disguise. It gives us time.
塞翁失马 焉知非福 我们还有时间
Time for what?
有时间干什么?
For Gigi’s lessons, of course.
当然是调♥教♥琪琪
See to it that she’s here every day.
要确保她每天都来
Gigi?
琪琪?
Do you really think…?
你真的以为…?
It’s a chance. But a chance that we must take.
机不可失 时不再来
From now on, dear sister…
从现在起 亲爱的妹妹…
it’s work, work, work…
要工作 工作 工作…
lessons, lessons, lessons.
上课 上课 上课
Pick up the coffeepot with one hand and…
一手拿起咖啡壶
the cup and saucer with the other.
一手拿起碟子和杯子
Always both. Never the coffeepot alone.
一起拿起来 不能只拿咖啡壶
Like this, aunt?
像这样 姨婆?
Your grip on the saucer must be firm…
必须端紧碟子…
but not obviously so.
但要不易察觉
The saucer must seem so much a part of your fingers…
碟子就好像长在手指上…
that one would think it could only be removed by surgery.
骨肉相连
Now pour…
开始倒咖啡…
and be sure the coffeepot is…
在挪开杯子之前
upright before you?
必须把咖啡壶端正
There must be no drops.
不能洒掉一点一滴
Now give it to me.
给我吧
I don’t take any, but be sure and…
尽管我不加伴侣和糖
always ask about serve yourself.
但一定要问一下对方
Yes, aunt. Now serve yourself.
好的 姨婆 现在自己倒一杯
And remember the firm grip.
记住要端紧
No, the coffeepot first!
不对 先端咖啡壶
Now, you will try it once more.
现在 你再试一次
Remember, you will go to the door properly…
记住 要优雅地走到门口…
turn, walk in properly and sit down properly.
转身 优雅地走回来 优雅地落坐
Now, go on.
现在 继续
And not like a marionette. Keep your shoulders level.
不要像个木偶 肩膀保持水平
Now turn…
现在转身…
walk back and sit down.
走回来坐下
And don’t flop into the chair.
不要猛然摔在椅子上
Insinuate yourself.
缓缓坐下
That’s better.
这就好多了
Now rise and exit the same way.
现在同样缓缓地起身
Don’t jump up!
不要跳起来!
Ascend!
缓缓起身
Now, you hold the glass like this.
现在 像这样握着酒杯
Charles, some more wine for mademoiselle.
查尔斯 再给小姐倒些酒
Now watch me.
看着我
Try it.
浅尝辄止
Don’t gulp it!
不要一饮而尽!
Sip it. A little at a time.
小抿一口
Fill mademoiselle’s glass, Charles.
给小姐斟满 查尔斯
That’s better.
这就好多了
You have to fully enjoy the aroma.
你要尽情享受这酒香
Hold your first sip on the roof…
第一口 先湿润一下…
of your mouth for a moment…
你的上颚
and breathe through your nose.
用鼻子深呼吸
then you will feel the flavor.
你会感到芬芳四溢
Did you feel the perfume?
你闻到香味了吗?
No. Try it again.
没有 再试一次
A bad year will be sharp.
不好的年份产的酒会刺鼻
A good year, which this is, of course, will waft.
像这样 好年份产的酒 当然十里飘香
Marvelous!
妙极了
That will be all, Charles.
够了 查尔斯
Hello, grandma…
你好 外婆…
Gaston! Hello, Gigi.
加斯顿! 你好 琪琪
Come in.
请进
Gaston!
加斯顿
How good to see you. Mamita.
见到你真好 玛米塔
I have a present for…
我带了件礼物给…
What’s the matter with her?
她怎么了?
Everything.
一言难尽
Don’t you look well!
你看上去神采奕奕
Did you have a nice trip?
旅行还顺利吧?
How was Monte Carlo this year?
今年的蒙特卡洛怎么样?
Well, the sea is blue. The palm trees are green.
翠树碧海
The sun is yellow. It all makes a lovely postcard.
艳阳高照 风景如画
Just as it should be.
风光依旧
Actually, it’s a bore.
老实说 很无聊
One has to be as rich as you to be bored at Monte Carlo.
只有你这样的富翁才会厌倦蒙特卡洛
I brought Gigi some caramels.
我给琪琪买♥♥了些奶糖
Really, Gaston, you spoil her too much.
真的 加斯顿 你太宠她了
Would you like a cup of chamomile tea?
你想来杯甘菊茶吗?
Please. Please, Mamita.
好的 好的 玛米塔
Look, Gaston.
看 加斯顿
Four yards of material in the skirt.
这条裙子用了四码布料
Well, don’t I look great ladyish?
那么 我看起来像个大家闺秀吗?
You look like an organ grinder’s monkey!
你就像手摇风琴师的猴子!
An organ grinder’s monkey?
手摇风琴师的猴子?
What happened to your little scotch dress?
你那条小巧的苏格兰服装呢?
And that ridiculous collar!
领子也很可笑!
And what’s wrong with that collar?
领子有什么不对劲吗?
It makes you look like a giraffe with a goiter.
这领子让你看起来像一只脖子上长瘤的长颈鹿
With all the talk there is about you, Gaston…
据我所知 加斯顿…
I’ve never heard it said you had any taste in clothes.
你对服饰毫无品位
Have you gone mad? how dare you speak to Gaston like that?
你疯了吗? 你竟敢对加斯顿这么说?
Apologize. Apologize at once!
道歉 立刻道歉!
I certainly will not. This is a beautiful dress.
我才不道歉 这套裙子很漂亮
Gaston, please.
加斯顿 求求你
I beg of you, wait. She’ll apologize.
请你原谅 等一下 她会道歉的
Is this the education she gets from you and your sister?
这就是你和你姐姐的教育成果吗?
My congratulations to you both.
真要恭喜你们了
Gigi!
琪琪!
What have you done?
你在干什么?
Why did he fly off the handle? He knew I’d answer him back.
他干嘛那么激动? 他以为我会求他会来
You ungrateful little thing.
你真是忘恩负义
How can you be rude to Gaston when he’s been so good to us?
加斯顿待我们那么好 你怎么能冒犯他?
And just when we were trying so hard…
我们竭尽所能…