to perfection.
吃掉一只冻龙虾
What in heaven’s name for?
为什么要学这个?
She says it’s extremely useful.
她说这很有用
Marvelous.
不可思议
It’s so good to be here.
这里的感觉真不赖
It’s always a pleasure to watch the rich…
看到一个富翁…
enjoying the comforts of the poor.
尽情享受穷♥人♥的安逸真有趣
Especially you, dear Gaston.
尤其是你 亲爱的加斯顿
How does your sister look? Still as young as ever?
你的姐姐看起来如何? 风采依旧吗?
Yes, Alicia is always the same.
对 艾丽西娅总是一成不变
Living in the past must agree with her.
她属于过去
When I think…
我想…
it was in…
是从…
1859…
1859年开始的…
she went off with her first Sultan.
她先是嫁给了苏丹
Then came her duke of Milan…
然后是米兰公爵…
her king of spain, her khedive, her maharajah.
西班牙国王 埃及总督 印度王公
She’s remarkable-looking. Quite remarkable-looking.
她真是魅力四射
Good day, Charles. Mademoiselle.
日安 查尔斯 小姐
What are we having for lunch?
我们午饭吃什么?
Ortolans.
嵩雀
Oh, dear! Are they difficult?
天哪 吃起来麻烦吗?
Slowly, Gigi. Slowly.
慢点 琪琪 慢点
The racing season is over.
赛季已经结束了
Good day, aunt Alicia.
日安 艾丽西娅姨婆
Now let’s go into luncheon.
我们去吃午饭吧
Yes, aunt Alicia.
好的 艾丽西娅姨婆
Today you will learn to eat ortolans.
今天你要学习吃嵩雀
What are ortolans, aunt?
嵩雀是什么 姨婆?
Exquisite little birds.
精致的小鸟
Most people attack them like cannibals.
大多数人都狼吞虎咽
You must learn to eat them properly.
你得学会细嚼慢咽
Bad table manners…
野蛮用餐…
have broken up more households than infidelity.
比不忠更令王室反感
Did you work hard in school today? What did you study?
今天认真听课了吗? 你都学了什么?
History.
历史
Napoleon’s defeat at waterloo.
拿破仑惨遭滑铁卢
How depressing.
太沉闷了
What else? English.
还有什么? 英语
English? I suppose we must.
英语? 我想这一定得学
They refuse to learn french.
因为英国人不肯学法语
Who are your friends?
你有些什么朋友?
Ortolans should be cut in two…
嵩雀必须…
with a quick stroorbidden to us.
快刀切成两半
There must be no grating of the blade on the plate.
刀刃和盘子不能发出声音
Now bite up each piece.
一块一块吃完
The bones don’t matter.
骨头的声音不打紧
Go on eating while you answer my questions.
边吃边回答我的问题
But don’t talk with your mouth full.
不过回答问题时嘴里不能有食物
Well, you can do it. If I can do it, you can.
你能做到的 既然我能做到 你也能做到
What friends have you made?
你交了些什么朋友?
None.
没有
I’m always on my own.
我总是独处
Why does grandmama stop me from accepting invitations?
为什么外婆不让我接受邀请?
She’s right for once.
她总算做对了一次
You’d only be invited by ordinary people.
你只不过是受到平民的邀请
What about us? Aren’t we ordinary people?
那我们自己呢? 我们不是平民吗?
No.
不是
Why are we different?
我们有什么与众不同?
They have weak heads and careless bodies.
他们头脑简单 举止粗俗
Besides, they are married.
而且 他们都要结婚
But I don’t think you would understand.
不过我想你还不懂
Oh, yes, aunt, I understand.
不 姨婆 我懂
We don’t marry, is that it?
我们不结婚 对吗?
Marriage is not forbidden to us.
我们不是不能结婚
But instead of getting married at once…
我们不会仓促结婚…
it sometimes happens we get married at last.
通常我们最后才结婚
Enough. We must finish lunch and get on with your lessons.
行了 我们得吃完午饭继续上课
Now, go on. go on, go on!
那么 接着吃 接着吃 接着吃
Without knowledge of jewelry, my dear Gigi…
如果不懂得珠宝 亲爱的琪琪…
a woman is lost.
女人就会被抛弃
Do you remember madame Dunard…
你还记得那天在这里…
who was here the other day? Yes.
遇到的杜纳德夫人? 当然
Did you notice that rope of black pearls around her throat?
你注意到她脖子上的那穿黑珍珠吗?
Yes! It was beautiful.
当然 很漂亮
Dipped.
是染的
Dipped? Dipped.
是染的? 是染的
Given to her by the man she loves…
她倾心的男人给她的
whose love is obviously beginning to cool…
显然他们的爱情开始降温了
and the poor thing doesn’t know it.
但她还蒙在鼓里
It’s just a matter of time now.
那只是时间问题了
Now, let us see what you remember.
现在 我们看看你还记得多少
What is this?
这是什么?
A marquise diamond.
橄榄钻石
A marquise-shaped diamond.
橄榄型钻石
This?
这个呢?
This is…
这是…
a topaz?
黄玉吗?
A topaz?
黄玉?
Among my jewels? Are you mad?
会混在我的珠宝中? 你疯了吗?
It’s a yellow diamond of the first quality.
是优质黄色钻石
You’ll have to go a long way to see one like it.
这可不是随处可见的
This? An emerald.
这个呢? 绿宝石
How beautiful.
多漂亮
Do you see that blue flame…
你有没有看到在绿光的深处…
darting about in the depths of the green light?
有蓝色光芒在闪烁?
Only the most beautiful emeralds…
只有最美丽的绿宝石…
contain that miracle of elusive blue.
才有这种神奇的蓝♥光♥若隐若现
Who gave it to you, aunt? A king.
谁给你的 姨婆? 一个国王
A great king? No, a little one.
大国国王? 不 是个小国的
Great kings do not give very large stones.
大国国王不送大型宝石
Why not?
为什么?
In my opinion, it’s because they don’t feel they have to.
我觉得 因为他们觉得没有必要
Who does give the valuable jewels?
谁会送这种价值连城的珠宝?
Who? Oh, the shy, the proud…
谁? 羞涩者 自大者皆有之
and the social climbers.
还有想攀龙附凤的人
They think it’s a the light, Gigi.
他们觉得这是文明的象征
But it doesn’t matter who gives them…
不过谁送的并不重要…
as long as you never wear anything second-rate.
关键是你不能穿戴二流珠宝
Wait for the first-class jewels, Gigi.
等待属于你的一流珠宝 琪琪
Hold on to your ideals.
坚持理想
Come over here to the light, Gigi.
到光线充足的地方来 琪琪
Open your mouth.
张大嘴
With teeth like that…
如果我有这样的牙齿…
I could have devoured all paris and most of europe.
就能吞下整个巴黎和大半个欧洲
But I can’t complain. I had a good bite of it.
不过我不会怨天尤人 我可以细嚼慢咽
Tell your grandmama to get you some astringent lotion.
让你外婆帮你买♥♥点紧肤水
You don’t use face powder, do you?
你不擦扑面粉吗?
Grandmama won’t let me. I should hope not.
外婆不让我擦 但愿不会
You have an impossible nose, a nondescript mouth.
你塌鼻大嘴
Your cheekbones are too high.
颧骨太高
But we can do something with the rest of you.
但别的地方还可以改进
Your teeth, your eyes…
你的牙齿 眼睛
your eyelashes, your hair.
睫毛 头发
We can…
我们办得到…
and we will.
我们必须做
You must learn to choose cigars.
你得学会挑选雪茄
Aunt, but I don’t smoke cigars.
姨婆 我不抽雪茄
Of course you don’t smoke cigars.
你当然不抽雪茄
But a man does.
但是男士们抽

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!