You know I was an officer in World War I.
你知道我曾经是一战的军官
You think it was just child’s play, but it was plenty for me.
你以为那只是小事,但对我影响巨大
Back then too we marched along to waving flags,
当年我们也是一路挥师
conquered half of Europe,
攻占了半个欧洲
and got all the way to Russia.
一路打到俄♥罗♥斯♥
It seemed like no power in the world could oppose us.
仿佛没有什么力量阻止得了我们
Then suddenly the end came.
但突然就一败涂地了
First defeat…
先是被击败
then revolution.
然后就爆发革命
I wept
他们撕毁我的肩章时
when they tore off my epaulets.
我哭了
No one can accuse me of not being a good German.
没有人能说我不是一个好的德国人
But during all these difficult years, I longed for just one thing,
但在那些最困难的年代,我一直在渴求一样东西
and I can confess it to you now:
现在可以坦白地告诉你们:
The collapse of the Third Reich
第三帝国的崩溃
and defeat.
还有失败
I don’t want to know how the world would look
我不想知道如果我们成功了
if things had turned out otherwise.
世界会变成什么样
Here, Father.
给 爸爸
Tea?
茶吗?
Edmund got it for you.
埃德蒙为你准备的
Tastes odd.
味道有点怪
But it’s warm, and that does a man good.
但是很暖和,这样对身体好
You want some, Karl-Heinz?
你要喝吗?卡尔·海因斯?
No, I got it specially for you.
不 我专门为你泡的
You’re a good boy.
你真是个好孩子
Thank you.
谢谢
All three of you are so good to me.
你们3个对我这么好
I can be proud to have children like you.
有你们这样的孩子,我感到很自豪
Misfortune has befallen us,
虽然不幸降临到我们头上
but it has brought my children back to me.
但我还有你们
Come in.
进来
It’s a raid. The police are searching door to door.
突袭,警♥察♥在挨家挨户地搜
– Good heavens! – You have to hide.
– 天啊!- 你得藏起来
I’m not hiding anymore.
我不会再藏了
Open up. Police.
开门 是警♥察♥
Take it easy.
来了
We have to search the building.
我们要搜楼
Everything’s in order here.
这里一切正常
No need to make trouble.
我们也不是来惹事的
I don’t have papers.
我没有证件
Take care of this man.
看着他
No papers? Where are they?
没有?证件呢?
I burned my documents.
烧掉了
Then you must come to the station.
那你要去趟警局
– May I let my family know? – Yes, but I must go with you.
– 我可以跟我家人说一下吗?- 可以 但我要跟着你
Go ahead.
走吧
– It’s the rooms behind the kitchen. – Go ahead, and hurry.
– 在厨房♥后面- 走吧 快点
– The power’s off. – Who’s the head tenant here?
– 断电了- 谁是房♥主?
– I am. – It’s our apartment.
– 我是- 这是我们的公♥寓♥
– Who else lives here? – Just some noisy broads.
– 还有谁住在这?- 还有几户人家
– Your occupation? – Artist.
– 你的职业是?- 艺术家
Yeah, a freeload artist.
嗯 吃白食的艺术家
In there’s a refugee woman with her child.
这里住着带着孩子的避难妇女
– And next to them? – A very pregnant young woman.
– 他们隔壁呢?- 是个年轻的孕妇
Her husband’s in a POW camp.
她的丈失在战俘集中营
– We can go. – Karl-Heinz, stay here.
– 走吧- 卡尔·海因斯 别走
He didn’t do anything.
他没有做什么
Then we won’t do anything to him. Come along.
那我们也不会对他做什么,走吧
Don’t worry. Nothing will happen to me.
别担心,我会没事的
It’s my father! Help me!
我爸爸出事了!帮帮我!
My father!
爸爸!
What are you screaming about?
你在尖叫什么?
My father! He’s not moving.
我爸爸!他好像不会动了
I’m afraid he might be dead.
我怕他死了
I’m so afraid.
我好害怕
The old man’s dead, no doubt about it.
这个老人死了,毫无疑问
Don’t be upset, Eva.
别难过 伊娃
In his condition, it’s all for the best.
对他来说是最好的解脱
And just now, when Karl-Heinz isn’t here.
可现在卡尔·海因斯刚好不在
Come. It’s better if you don’t stay here.
你最好别呆在这
Has anyone called a doctor?
有人叫医生吗?
A doctor can’t help him now.
医生也帮不了他了
All we can do is arrange for a quick burial.
我们要做的是尽快安排个葬礼
– A coffin will cost a bundle. – There’s always a paper sack.
– 订棺材要好些钱- 不是有纸袋吗?
That’s awful. I don’t want to be buried like that.
那太可怕了,我可不要被装在那里下葬
Don’t talk such nonsense.
不要说这些了
This doesn’t concern you. Go to your room.
这不关你的事 回房♥间去
Coffin or no coffin?
要不要棺材?
The main thing is to get the body out of here.
最主要的是把尸体弄走
Best to put it out on the terrace.
最好放在天台
Maybe he had a contagious disease.
我怕他有传染病
Don’t worry. He starved to death. That’s not contagious.
别担心,他是饿死的,没有什么传染病
Let’s get him outside.
把他弄出去吧
Let’s get him outside.
把他弄出去吧
– I’ll get his head. – Good. I’ve got his legs.
– 我来搬头- 好 我来搬脚
– Mother, lead the way with the light. – Here we go.
– 妈妈 照一下前路- 走吧
Lucky he’s not too heavy.
还好他不怎么重
My poor boy.
我可怜的孩子
Wait.
等等
That should do it.
可以了
– What’ll happen to his things? – Good question.
– 他的东西怎么办?- 问得好
His old torn pajamas aren’t worth anything.
他的破睡衣又不值几个钱
What about the sweater and woolen socks?
那毛衣和羊毛袜呢?
These?
这些
Keep moving.
快走
– I’m back. – Karl-Heinz!
– 我回来了- 卡尔·海因斯!
What is it? Why are you crying?
怎么了?怎么哭了?
– Father’s dead. – Dead?
– 爸爸死了- 死了
And all I thought about
我一直在想
was how happy he’d be to know I was free.
他知道我自♥由♥了该多么高兴呢
You made his wish come true. That’s the main thing.
你实现了他的愿望,这是最重要的
Come.
过来
No, this way.
不.这边
Poor boy.
可怜的孩子
– Is he free now? – Yes, completely free.
– 他现在自♥由♥了?- 是的 完全自♥由♥
I took care of everything. The coffin’s been ordered.
我把一切都安排好了,棺材也订好了
It will probably come next week. It just depends.
大概下周到,看情况
– You can’t stay here. – Where can we go?
– 你们不能呆在这了- 那我们去哪?
My place. I have room. For you too.
去我那,我有房♥间,也有你的房♥间
– Edmund, pack your things. – I’m not going with you.
– 埃德蒙 收拾东西- 我不要跟你们走
You can’t stay here all alone.
你不能一个人呆在这
There’s plenty of room for me to sleep here.
我有地方睡的
– Who’ll take care of you? – Let me worry about that.
– 谁来照顾你?- 你们不用担心这个
You seem to forget you’re just a little boy.
你好像忘了你只是个小男孩
You should have said so earlier, before I pounded the pavement for all of you.
你应该早点说的,我为了你们四处找工作时你怎么不说这话
Edmund!
埃德蒙!
Leave him alone. He’ll come to his senses.
别管他了,他会恢复理智的
Damn crater!
该死的坑!
I told you to watch your step.
我告诉过你小心了
Come on. I’ll show you the way.
来,我来给你带路
– Well, good night. – Good night.
– 晚安- 晚安
It’s awfully close to necrophilia.
我觉得自己像恋尸癖似的
You must have been dropped on your head as a baby!
你小时候脑袋摔傻了吧!
The buds smell like a cemetery.
烟叶闻起来像墓地
But they’re easy to roll.
但是很容易卷起来
Man, you just fell off the turnip truck.
你可刚从一辆运萝卜的车上摔下来
Hash brown potatoes.
摔成土豆饼了
Christl!
克里斯特尔!
What is it?
怎么回事?