不是看演出的 明白了吗
Not to watch a cabaret show. You understand me?
明白 大人 是的
Yes,judge. All right.
你有或是没有偷钻石后冠
Did you or did you not steal the diamond tiara?
没有 我没有偷
Oh,no,sir. I did not steal it.
事实是 贝克曼女士的丈夫送给我了
The fact is,Lady Beekman’s husband gave it to me.
法官大人 我想提供一些资料
Your Honor,I’d like to give some information!
那名被告不是…
The defendant here is not
安静!
Silence!
你有影响本案的证据吗
You have evidence that affects this case?
是的 我有 好吧 那么…
Yes,Sir,I have. Well,by all means.
大人 在他说话前 我可以先解释一件事吗
Your Honor,before he talks,could I explain something?
说吧 李小姐
Go ahead,Miss Lee.
我有个朋友叫多萝西 她真是个好朋友
Well,I have a friend named Dorothy,and she’s a really good friend.
多萝西知道我不会真的去做坏事
And Dorothy knows I would never do anything that was really wrong.
李小姐 你非说下去不可吗 是的 大人
Miss Lee,do you have to say this? Yes,sir,I do.
多萝西喜欢一个年轻人
There’s a certain young man that Dorothy likes.
事实上 她很喜欢他
In fact,she’s very fond of him.
然而 多萝西将永不会跟他说话
And,Dorothy would never speak to this man again
如果他伤害了我——罗莉拉的话
if he ever did anything to hurt me,Lorelei.
所以我想这位年轻人最好知道
So I think this young man had just better know that
好吧 多萝西认为自己爱上了他
well,well,Dorothy thinks she’s in love with him.
埃斯蒙德先生 我辞职
Mr. Esmond,I resign.
什么 我退出这个案子 你不必付钱
What? I just quit the case,you don’t owe me a dime.
你怎么了 疯了吗
What got into you? Are you out of your mind?
嗯 但我喜欢这样
Hmmm,but I like it that way.
法官大人 我改变主意了 什么
Judge,I’ve changed my mind. What?
我没有话要说了
I haven’t anything to say.
这事越来越复杂了
Oh,this becomes more and more confusing.
但解决的办法很简单 我决定这样
But the solution is simple. My decision is this:
引起争议的后冠将由本法♥院♥暂时保管
The property in question will be placed in custody of this court
直到合法拥有者贝克曼获得确认前
until its rightful owner can be established by an affidavit from Lord Beekman himself.
李小姐 请把后冠交出来
Now,Miss Lee,you will give me the tiara.
但 大人 我交不出
But,judge,I can’t.
不交出来 便把你关起来
If you refuse,I must put you in prison.
不是我不交 是它不在我手上 后冠被偷了
Well,I don’t refuse,I just haven’t got it. It was stolen.
大人
Your Honor,
我想我知道它在哪里 也知道谁把它拿了
I think I know where that thing is,and think I know who’s got it.
你到底是什么人 我是个私♥家♥侦♥探♥
Who are you,by the way? I’m a private detective,your honor.
如果你能派几名警♥察♥给我 等我半小时
If you’ll give me a couple of policemen and wait about half an hour
我会把后冠带回来 并将此事办好
I can bring the tiara back and settle this thing.
最好如你所言 跟他去吧
Anything would be better than this. Go with him.
陪他去 现在休庭
Accompagnez le. Oui! L’audience est supendue
他在那里
There he is.
对不起 先生 请跟我们来
“Pardon,monsieur. Vous allez nous suivre.”
说什么 先生 请跟我们来
What’s that? “Vous allez nous suivre.”
他说什么 请跟我们来 先生
What’s he saying? “Question darr,monsiuer. Allez!
说英文好吗 我听不懂法文
Speak English! I don’t speak
这太过份了 请跟我们来
his is outrageous! “Mais avec nous.”
我是英国公民 你们有麻烦了
I’m a British subject! You’ll hear about this!
这真的太过份了 大人 我要求见我的律师
This is positively outrageous! Your Honor,I demand a lawyer.
发现什么 找到了他
Que se decouvre! Decouvrez vous!”
什么
What?
你在说什么 晚上好 爵爷
What did you say? . Good evening,your Lordship.
普里查德 警♥察♥要你把帽子脱掉
Pritchard! The policemen want you to remove your hat.
他为什么不早说呢
Well,why doesn’t he say so?
你在这里做什么 叫英国大使来
What are you doing,send for the British consulate.
我现在要你的手提箱 嗨 还给我
Meantime,I’ll take this. Hey,give that back.
稍等一下
In just a second.
法官大人 这位是弗朗西斯·贝克曼爵士
Your Honor,this is Sir Francis Beekman.
而这个 我认为就是失窃的后冠
And this,I believe,is the missing tiara.
那是我的私人财产
That’s private property!
我想 李小姐会很乐意归还的
I’m sure Miss Lee will be glad to return it.
我当然很乐意
I certainly would.
但在还你之前
But before that happens,
法官大人让李小姐将后冠给他
I believe His Honor asked Miss Lee to give him the tiara.
是的
I did!
那不是… 如果我是你 我不会那么做的 芬奇先生
I say,that isn’t I wouldn’t go into that,if I were you,Mr. Finch.
芬奇
Finch?
李小姐 谢谢
Miss Lee. Thank you.
大人 谢谢
Your Honor. Thank you.
葛提尔先生
Maitre Courtier
谢谢
Thank you.
普里查德先生 谢谢 阁下
Monsieur Pritchard. Thank you. Your Lordship.
谢谢
Thank you.
本案审结
Case dismissed!
但 5分钟前你说要嫁给我
But,five minutes ago you said you would marry me.
但那是多萝西打电♥话♥给我之前
But that’s before Dorothy phoned me.
她到底说了什么 令你改变主意
But what on earth could she say to make you change your mind?
她只是说一切都好了
She just said everything’s okay now.
我不大明白
I don’t quite understand
天啊 好
Oh,dear. Well.
你好 爸爸
Hello,Father.
嗨 孩子
Hello,son.
我知道你为何来这 爸爸 我不在乎 我意已决
I know why you’re here for,Father,and I don’t care. I’ve made up my mind.
我要使她嫁给我
I’m gonna make her marry me.
老天保佑你 太好了
Oh,bless you heart,that’s wonderful.
是这位年轻的女孩 嗯 是的
I presume this is the young lady? Well,yes.
好漂亮的小女孩 美国人
Such a pretty little girl! American?
对 但我爸妈不是 他们是爱尔兰人
Yes,except on my father and mother side. They’re Irish.
孩子 相信我 我很高兴
Believe me,son. I’m delighted about this.
好久以来我都希望看到你结婚
I’ve wanted to see you married for a long time.
只要你不娶那只叫罗莉拉的怪物就好
Anybody but that monster,Lorelei Lee.
什么 埃斯蒙德先生 我就是罗莉拉
What? Mr. Esmond,I am Lorelei Lee!
哈 哈 这么快就开始开你公公的玩笑了
Hah,hah. Pretty early in the game to start teasing your father in law.
怎么了啊 爸 没事 我受得了玩笑
What’s the matter with you,Father? Nothing. I can take a joke.
什么玩笑 她是罗莉拉啊
What joke? This is Lorelei.
爸 没人会拿这种事开玩笑的
Father,this is not the sort of thing one would joke about.
我没把驾照带身上
I don’t have my driver’s license with me,
但请你相信我说的话都是真的
but you can take my word for it. Honest!
看 那就是偶 看到我的名字了吗
Look,that’s I. See my name?
我老得无法接受这种事
I’m too old for this sort of thing.
爸 我不明白 你不明白吗
Father,I don’t understand. You don’t understand?
我的感觉呢
How do you think I feel
到处都有罗莉拉出现在我面前
with thousands of Lorelei Lees coming at me from everywhere?
但相信我 孩子 你一个都不能娶
But believe me,son,you’re not going to marry any one of them!
父亲 我爱她
Father,I love her.
我非常爱她
I love her very much.
我从没有过这种感觉
I’ve never had a feeling
别说了 小姐 你骗不了我的
Oh,shut up! Young lady,you don’t fool me one bit.
我没想骗你 虽然我有能力骗
I’m not trying to. But I bet I could,though.
不 你也许可以让这傻孩子以为你爱他
No,you might convince this jackass,that you love him,
但你骗不了我的
but you’ll never convince me.
那太糟了 因为我真的爱他
That’s too bad. Because I do love him.
当然 你爱的是他的钱
Certainly. For his money.
不 真的
No! Honestly.
你竟有勇气站在那里指望我相信
Have you got the nerve stand there and you expect me to believe
你想嫁给我儿子不是为了钱
that you don’t want to marry my son for his money?
这是事实
It’s true.
那你为什么要嫁他
Then what do you want to marry him for?
为了你的钱啊 好了
I want to marry him for your money. There!
罗莉拉
Oh,Lorelei!
你看不出这就是我们需要征求他同意的原因吗
Don’t you see that’s why we have to have his consent,silly.
至少我们知道真♥相♥了
Well,at least we’re getting down to brass tacks.
你承认你全都是为了钱
You admit that all you’re after is money.
不是 你真是太奇怪了
No,I don’t. Aren’t you funny?
你不知道男人有钱
Don’t you know that a man being rich
和女孩漂亮是一回事吗
is like a girl being pretty?
你也许不会只因为一个女孩漂亮就娶她
You might not marry a girl just because she’s pretty.
但天啊 那也是个优点啊
But,my goodness,doesn’t it help?
如果你有个女儿
And if you had a daughter