I’ll take my chances with the “J. Edgars” over the mission director.
就算他们真识破我又怎么样?
Besides, what if they do find something?
还不是一样鞭长莫及
I’ll be out of their jurisdiction.
我们一定要马上痛饮一番
We have to get drunk immediately.
-晚上好 先生们 -晚上好 位子准备好了吗?
– Good evening, gentlemen. – I hope our table’s ready.
我听说你马上就要升空了 莫洛先生
I understand you’re leaving us.
没错 应该就是这样了
Looks that way.
-我们会想念你的 -葡萄酒开了吧?
– We’re going to miss you. – You’ve opened the wine, I hope?
-当然 先生 -你自己也来一杯吧 凯文迪诗
– Of course, sir. – Pour yourself a glass, Cavendish.
谢谢你 先生
Thank you, sir.
几岁?
How old?
-我吗? -提供样本那个家伙
– Me? – The specimen.
五分钟前我好好的吻了他
I kissed him five minutes ago. A real good one.
我会尽力
I’ll see what I can do.
-所有资料都要吗? -是的
– You want the full sequence? – Yes.
谢谢
Thank you.
祝你好运
Good luck.
有的标本会在定序过程中耗损
Some sampies may be consumed in the sequencing process.
九点三 这个对象不错哦
9.3. Quite a catch.
没错…这个对象不错
Yes. Quite a catch.
合格 莫洛 杰隆
天…我跟凯文迪诗交待过多少次了?
How many times have I told Cavendish?
这瓶酒大概是五分钟前才开的
This can’t have been opened more than five minutes ago!
这种酒必须要提早打开 这一点要记好哦
A wine like this needs to breathe. Remember that.
你可知道…人家说失重状态下
You know, they say when you’re weightless…
感觉就好象是回到了子♥宫♥
it’s the closest thing to being in the womb.
没想到你还真的成功了
I can’t believe you pulled this off.
他们要送你上太空耶
They’re sending you up there.
天…那么多人里偏偏挑上你!
Up there, for Christ’s sake. You, of all people.
我不喜欢想到你一个人蹲在那栋房♥子里一年
I hate to think of you alone in that room for a year.
那就不要想了 再说…
Don’t think about it. Anyway…
我蹲的那栋房♥子比你的宇宙飞船大多了
the room I’m stuck in is bigger than your tin can.
你很清楚我的意思 你打算干什么呢?
You know what I’m saying. What are you gonna do?
我可以看书 我最会神游四海了
I have my books. I go places in my head.
-如果你有伴的话就更好了 -会有人来看我的
– I’d be happier if you had company. – I have visitors!
-是啊…但必须付费就是了 -付钱的最好
– None that you don’t pay. – I wouldn’t have it any other way.
说真的…你打算怎么办?
Seriously, what are you gonna do?
我要喝完这一杯
I’m gonna finish this.
提坦在这个时节是什么样?
What’s Titan like this time of year?
提坦什么样?
What’s Titan like?
提坦就像…这样…
Titan is exactly like this.
一年四季都一样
All the time.
它总是厚雾压顶 没人知道下面是怎么回事
It’s got a cloud around it so thick nobody can tell what’s underneath.
也许下面什么都没有
Maybe there’s nothing there.
有的
There’s something there.
去的应该是你 不是我
You should be going instead of me.
怎么说?
Why?
因为一去到那里 你腿不能动也无所谓
Because up there your legs wouldn’t matter.
我怕高
I’m scared of heights.
对不起!
I’m sorry!
要不要来一口? 我帮你留一点好了 好吗?
Do you want this? I’ll save some for you, shall I?
-真的很对不起 真的真的 -你不需要道歉
– I’m really sorry. – You’re not that sorry.
不要找我麻烦 让我歇会
Don’t give me a hard time. Give me a break.
拜托…
Come on!
-对不起… -拉我一把
– I’m sorry. – Help!
我当时没醉
I wasn’t drunk.
-你没醉什么意思? -当我走到车子前面时
– What do you mean? – When I walked in front of that car.
什么车子?
What car?
我直挺挺的站在车子前面
I stepped right out in front of it.
那是我这辈子最清醒的一刻
I’d never been more sober in my life.
-睡吧 -连自杀都没办法做好
– Go to sleep. – Couldn’t even get that right.
如果第一次无法成功 那就必须不断尝试
“If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.”
睡吧
Go to sleep.
我以你为傲 文生
I’m proud of you, Vincent.
你一定是醉了 竟然叫我文生
You must be drunk to call me Vincent.
(合格)
“不合格”
“未授权样本”
-你需要多久? -二十分钟
– How much do you need? – Twenty minutes.
可以了
You can go.
可以了 艾琳 下去吧
It’s all right, Irene. You’re excused.
嫌犯找到了 他是整个现场唯一无法查证行踪的人
We found our man. It’s the only specimen we can’t account for.
约每十年我们就会走一次好运
Every ten years or so, things go our way.
那根睫毛?你了解到什么?
The eyelash? What do you know about him?
是一个没注册的瑕疵人
He’s an unregistered In-Valid.
他是这里一个看门的 几年前突然失踪
He was a janitor here until a few years back when he disappeared.
那么什么样本可以从那时起在这里这么多年呢?
So the specimen could have been here since then.
你看看这里的地板 先生
Take a look at the floor.
这里不可能有什么东西待很长时间
Nothing lays around here for very long.
动机呢?一个看门的会在几年后
And motive? Would a janitor come back
回来谋杀一个他不认识的人吗?
to kill a man he never knew?
他的资料显示他有暴♥力♥倾向
His profile does suggest a violent temperament.
如果我没记错的话资料也显示他是一个病人
If I’m not mistaken, it also suggests that he’s a sick man.
这个人有90%的机率
There’s a 90% chance
早已自然死亡
the owner of this eyelash has died of natural causes.
也就是说存活机率还有10%
Then there’s a ten percent chance he’s alive.
这是”失物招领”案例
It’s a lost-and-found case, sir.
只要一找到掉睫毛的人 凶手就手到擒来
We find the man who’s lost an eyelash, we have the murderer.
我会交叉查证 我会去查他的家庭…
I’ll do a cross check, find out about his family…
我已经查过了 记录里没有他家人的任何资料
I’ve already run it. There’s no record of any living relative.
那就太可惜了 长官
That’s a damn shame, sir.
我要你去查入口登记 不在场证据 宿敌
Check the entry log, alibis, grudges.
我看过了 很多人对他的死无动于衷
I look around, I see a lot of dry eyes.
任务督导不怎么受欢迎
The mission director was not universally loved.
他打算让计划喊停
He was leading the cutbacks in the program.
长官 我无意冒犯…
With all due respect, sir…
好吧 我照办就是了
Whatever you say.
杰隆简直就是节拍器
Jerome, Jerome, the metronome.
我甚至可以用他的心跳频率来弹钢琴
I could play the piano by that heartbeat of his.
总监先生 相信你会很高兴知道我们已经找到嫌犯了
Mr. Director, you will be pleased to know we have a suspect.
太好了 谁啊?
That is a relief. Who is it?
我们在南侧厅找到可疑样本
We found an unaccounted for specimen in the south wing.
这是他的照片
Here’s his picture.
-还是个瑕疵人 -我们还在追踪其它线索
– An In-Valid. – We are still following other leads.
尽管如此 我还是马上公布嫌犯照片好了
Be that as it may, I’m having this posted immediately.
我很好奇 总监
I’m curious.
好奇心 我觉得对于你所从事的工作是个优势
An advantage, I should imagine, in your line of work.
你们的雇人方式
Your hiring practices.
我们的”招聘哲学”
Our recruitment philosophy.
到这里来的都是哪些人?
Who do you have to be to be here?
当然 他们的水准一定要比一般人高
Naturally, our standard is beyond that of the common citizen.
虽然如此 你们员工的优异程度一定会有高低之分
Even amongst your people, you must have varying levels of excellence.
偶尔 我们也会被迫接受一些有小缺点的人员
Occasionally we’ve had to accept candidates with minor shortcomings…
不过这些人去当警♥察♥
but nothing that would prohibit someone from working in a field…
应该都绰绰有余了
such as law enforcement, for example.
目前符合条件的人员人数已经够了
But now there are enough of the right kind of people…
所以我们的标准严格多了
to warrant a new measuring stick.
他们的肉体和心智必须平衡
Bodies with minds to match.
这样才能满足我们的发展计划
Essential as we push out further and further.
但是 你们还是紧盯着他们的日常表现
Yet you still closely monitor performance.
我们必须要确保他们完全把潜力发挥出来
We have to ensure that people are meeting their potential.
-而且超出自己的能力 -没人会超出自己的能力
– And exceeding it. – No one exceeds his potential.
万一如此呢?
If he did?
那只是因为我们一开始时没有测出他真正的潜力
It would simply mean we did not accurately gauge him in the first place.
-没事吧 杰隆? -我很好
– Are you all right? – Terrific.
这是过去七天的入口记录
This is the entry log for the last seven days.
你呢 艾琳?
What about you?
你有不在场证明吗?
Do you have an alibi?
-当时我只有一个人 -这一点我很难相信哦
– I was alone. – I find that hard to believe.
失陪
Excuse me.
交给我就好 莫洛先生
I’ll take care of that.
我发现每一次都抬头看宇宙
I see I’m not the only one
飞船发射的不只是我一个人