那我就不知道自己在做什么了
-Then I don’t know what I do anymore.
我知道 宝拉
-I know, Paula.
-这正是问题所在 -但若真如此
-That’s just the trouble. -But then, if that’s true…
你一定要对我温柔一点
then you must be gentle with me.
请你一定要包容我
You must bear with me, please.
求求你 葛瑞格利
Please, Gregory, please.
跟我来吧 宝拉
Now come, Paula.
-你还是回房♥间去吧 -你要做什么
-You better go to your room. -What are you going to do?
我要出去工作 忘了这一切
I’m going out to work and forget all this.
不要 求求你别丢下我一个人
No. Please don’t leave me here all by myself now.
我一个人待在家里好害怕 你每晚都不在家
I get so frightened when I am here alone and you go out night after night.
害怕 你从来没告诉过我
Frightened? You never told me that before.
我现在告诉你了啊 我害怕这栋房♥子
I’m telling you now! I’m frightened of the house!
我常听见怪声和脚步声
I hear noises and footsteps.
我会幻想家里还有别人在
I imagine things, that there are people over the house.
我连自己都害怕 葛瑞格利 求求你
I’m frightened of myself, too. Gregory, please!
请你别丢下我 留下来陪我
Please don’t leave me. Stay with me.
葛瑞格利 请你抱紧我
Gregory, take me in your arms, please!
请你抱紧我 葛瑞格利
Please. Take me in your arms, Gregory.
希望你明天早上会好一点
I hope to find you better in the morning.
她好像愈来愈严重了 老爷
She seems to be getting worse, doesn’t she, sir?
不能用她来指称夫人
You will please not refer to your mistress as “she.”
谢谢你 南西
Thank you, Nancy.
今晚又要去谱曲了吗 老爷
Gonna work on your tunes again tonight, sir?
-你一天到晚都在忙着工作 -是啊
-You’re always working, aren’t you? -Yes.
你今晚休假要做什么
What are you doing with your evening out?
我要去歌♥庭
I’m going to a music hall.
我从来没去过英国歌♥庭
I’ve never been to an English music hall.
那可是你的损失啰 老爷
You don’t know what you’ve missed, sir.
-你一定会很喜欢的 老爷 -再说吧
-You’d like it a lot, sir. -We must see about that.
你要跟谁一起去歌♥庭
And whom are you going to the music hall with?
男性友人 老爷
Gentleman friend, sir.
南西 你应该很清楚
Now, you know, Nancy, don’t you…
那些男性友人有的时侯
that gentleman friends are sometimes inclined…
-会占年轻女孩的便宜 -我不会让他们得逞
-to take liberties with young ladies? -No, sir, not with me.
我必要时都可以照顾好自己
I can take care of myself when I want to.
我很讶异你并不是夫人
It strikes me that you’re not at all the kind of girl that your mistress…
-应该有的那种女佣 -不是吗
-should have for a housemaid. -No, sir?
家里又不只她一个人 对吧
She’s not the only one in the house, is she?
戴洛伊伉俪诚挚地邀请
布莱恩·卡麦隆先生出席音乐晚宴
11月12日九点钟 敬请回复戴洛伊宅邸
让宾客自己找座位听音乐会吧
Let people find their own places for the concert.
想坐哪里就坐哪里
Just sit where they like.
不想听音乐的人可以去吸烟室
Those who don’t care for music can go into the smoking room.
-我可以进来吗 -布莱恩
-May I come in? -Oh, Brian.
两位好
Good evening.
你好 戴洛伊夫人 你好啊 先生
Good evening, Lady Dalroy. How are you, sir?
你好 很高兴见到你
-How are you, my boy? Nice to see you.
我是第一个到场的宾客吗
-Am I the first to arrive?
我有事要请你帮忙 待会儿要坐下来用餐吗
I have a favor to ask. Are you having a sit-down supper afterwards?
要啊 我安排你坐在萝拉·普里察的旁边
Yes, and I’ve put you next to Laura Pritchard.
我不喜欢萝拉·普里察 她腺样增殖体肿大
I don’t like Laura Pritchard. She’s got adenoids.
胡扯 她很讨人喜欢
Nonsense. She’s a most agreeable girl,
我要你对她好一点
and I want you to be very nice to her.
你还不知道蜜德莉很会帮别人牵红线吗
Haven’t you learned yet that Mildred is an incurable matchmaker?
我改天再对普里察小姐好一点
I’ll be nice to Miss Pritchard another time.
今晚请你替我安排坐在安东夫人的旁边
Tonight I want you to be very kind and put me next to Mrs. Anton. Will you?
-你真无聊 好啦 -安东夫人是谁
-It’s most tiresome of you. All right. -Who’s Mrs. Anton?
她是爱丽丝·奥奎斯的外甥女
She’s the niece of Alice Alquist.
小时侯常来我们家玩
She used to come here as a child.
布莱恩说她回伦敦 也结了婚
Brian told me she was back in London now and married…
于是我今晚就邀请他们过来
so I invited them to come tonight.
对了 安东先生是谁
Who’s Mr. Anton, by the way?
他是做什么的 从哪儿来的
What does he do? Where does he come from?
今晚安排我坐在她旁边
Put me next to her tonight,
你刚才的问题我会去查清楚
and I’ll find out for you.
抱歉 布莱恩
I’m sorry, Brian,
你还是得坐在普里察旁边
but you’ll have to sit next to the Pritchard girl after all.
-安东夫妇不能来了 -是啊
-The Antons can’t come. -No.
-她写来的信 -不 是他写的
-Letter from her? -No. From him.
-他 -对 她生病了
-Him? -Yes. Apparently she’s ill.
她真讨厌 你想看就拿去吧
Very tiresome of her. Read it if you want to.
我要去布置餐桌了 走吧 弗雷迪 过来帮忙
I must go and order the tables. Come on, Freddy. I want you.
是你吗 宝拉
Is that you, Paula?
是的
Yes.
你为何盛装打扮
Why are you dressed up like that?
因为戴洛伊夫人今晚要宴客
Because tonight is Lady Dalroy’s reception.
我寄信去通知她了
But I sent a note.
我知道
I know.
我说你身体不太舒服
I sent a note to say you were not well enough.
我没什么不舒服的 我想去
I’m quite well enough, and I want to go.
我小时侯戴洛伊夫人对我很好
Lady Dalroy was very kind to me when I was small…
我非去不可
and I am going.
我一定要走出门外见见别人
I must get out of this house, meet people…
看看外面的世界发生了什么事
and see a little of what’s going on in the world.
我非去赴宴不可 葛瑞格利
I am going to this reception, Gregory.
我恐怕你要自己一个人去了
Then I’m afraid you’ll have to go alone.
那我就自己一个人去吧
Then I must go alone.
宝拉 我不知道你如此重视这场宴会
I didn’t realize this party meant so much to you.
我马上去换衣服
I’ll go and change immediately.
你该不会真的以为我会让你一个人去吧
You didn’t really think I would let you go alone, did you?
-我不知道 -我马上就好了
-I don’t know. -I shan’t be a minute.
请进
Come in.
你拉铃找我吗 夫人
Coo. Did you ring for something, ma’am?
-对 请你替我叫车 -但我以为你
-Yes. Please fetch a cab. -But I thought you were…
去叫车 南西
Get a cab, Nancy.
-老爷也要去吗 -是的
-Is the master going out, too? -Yes, he is.
-请你快一点 -好的 夫人
-Please hurry. -Very good, ma’am.
马车
Cabby!
你今晚出去要叫车吗
Beckoning a cab on your evening out?
对 我要去白金汉宫吃晚饭
Oh, yes. I’m going out to dinner at Buckingham Palace, I am.
-今晚一定能尽兴而归 -你怎么搞的
-I’m gonna have a lovely evening out. -What’s the matter with you?
他们先是要出去 后来又取消 害我改了约
First they’re going out, then they’re not. Changing all my plans.
他连半句话都没说
Never a word to me from him.
你快走吧 他们快要下来了
You better get along. They’ll be out in a minute.
-星期天见 -或许吧
-See you Sunday? -Perhaps.
-老地方 -老地方
-Usual place? -Usual place.
-晚安 -晚安
-Good night. -Good night.
披上斗蓬 下雨了 去戴洛伊宅邸
Draw your cloak around you. It’s damp. Dalroy House.
-晚安 南西 -祝你们玩得尽兴 老爷
-Good night, Nancy. -Have a nice evening, sir.
你是宝拉·安东 我想你还记得我吧
You’re Paula Anton. I’m sure you don’t remember me.
是的 戴洛伊夫人
I do indeed, Lady Dalroy.
我来参加过儿童餐会 还请来魔术师表演
It was at the children’s party here, and there was a magician.
-他是我的丈夫 -你好啊
-May I introduce my husband, Lady Dalroy. -How do you do?
请原谅我们一直变卦
I hope you will forgive all the confusion…
但内人突然好多了 我们迫不及待想来赴宴
but my wife suddenly felt much better, and we were so anxious to come.
没关系 那里还有空位
But of course. You’ll find some seats over there.
塞拉兹基还没演奏 我们晚餐时再见
Seratsky hasn’t played yet. I’ll see you later at supper.
-你在看什么 -没什么
-What are you looking at? -Nothing.
我只是以为我看见认识的人
I thought I saw someone I knew, that’s all.
宝拉
Paula.
宝拉
Paula.
我的表不见了
My watch is gone.
我没放进去 我发誓我没有
I didn’t put it there. I swear I didn’t put…
请你小声一点
Would you be quiet, please?
宝拉 请你自♥制♥
Paula, please control yourself.
-在公开场合别这样 -不
-Being seen like this in public. -No.
走吧
Come.
抱歉 内人又觉得不舒服了
I’m very sorry, but I’m afraid my wife’s illness has returned.
-要不要请医生来 -不必了 我先送她回家
-Can I send for a doctor? -No. If I can just get her home.
今晚原本就不应该来 但她坚持要来赴宴

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!