她被人勒死 美丽的容貌都
She had been strangled. Her lovely face was all…
不行 我不能住在这里
No, I can’t stay here.
我们把所有会让你想起她的东西
Then how would it be if we took away
都搬走吧
all these things that remind you so of her?
那幅画 所有的家具 全都锁起来让你看不到
The painting, all this furniture. Shut it away so you can’t even see it?
换新家具和摆饰 让整间房♥子改头换面
Suppose we make it a new house with new things, beautiful things…
展开我们两人美好的新生活
for a new, beautiful life for us.
对 然后再请人来宴会狂欢
Yes, and then later, we’ll have people here and parties again.
-你不想这样吗 -再说吧 但先别急
-Don’t you want to? -Later, yes, but not just at once.
我们在这里独处蜜月久一点
Let us have our honeymoon here by ourselves for a little longer.
-好 我只是 -我知道
-Yes. I only… -I know.
再说吧
Later.
这些东西要放在哪里
Now, where should we put all these things?
屋顶底下有一个阁楼
There is an attic under the roof.
她的大皮箱和戏服都在上面
All her trunks are up there and all her costumes.
那就把这些东西也搬上去吧 然后再用木板封起来
Then we’ll put all these there, too, and then we’ll board it up…
这样你就不会再看到了 永远也不会再想到
so you’ll never have to see it again, never even think of it.
她在最红的时期 每次旅行都要带着那架钢琴
That piano traveled with her everywhere in the great days.
需要调音 这些是她的乐谱
It will need tuning terribly. Look, here’s some of her music.
她的席奥朵拉乐谱 原封不动
Her score of Theodora, just as she left it.
这些东西也要一起搬进阁楼
We’ll send those upstairs with all the rest.
不行 她的乐谱要留着
No, not her music.
说不定改天我会想再练习
Perhaps later I might like to study again.
我想研读她的乐谱
I’d like to have her scores to study from.
-你怎么会弹奏那首曲子 -有何不可?
-What makes you play that? -Why not?
那是她最拿手的曲子
That was her great song.
每次演出的安可曲都是这一首
She always used it in her concerts for her last encore.
每个人都喜欢这首曲子
It was everybody’s favorite.
这里有一封书信
Here’s an old letter.
亲爱的奥奎斯小姐 请你再和我见一面
“Dear Miss Alquist, I beg of you to see me just once more.
我跟着你来到了伦敦
“I have followed you to London.”
这是在她遇害前两天写的
It was written two days before she was murdered.
你在哪里找到的
Where did you find that?
在这份乐谱上 一定是她放的
In this score. She must have left it there.
署名的人是瑟吉斯·鲍尔
It was written by somebody called Sergis Bauer.
给我
Give it to me!
-葛瑞格利 怎么了 -抱歉 我
-Gregory, what is it? -I’m sorry…
我不是故意要这么粗暴
I didn’t mean to be so violent.
我只是
It’s just that…
这封信为何让你如此激动
Why does this letter upset you so?
不是因为这封信 我只是替你觉得激动
It’s not the letter. It’s just that I am upset for you.
这些东西都会让你想起她
All these things are reminding you of her.
你说过已经不再恐惧了 如今你在这里摸到的东西
You said that you had lost your fears, and now everything you touch here…
都会让恐惧感再浮现
brings them back.
只要你害怕 我们就不会快乐
While you are afraid of anything, there cannot be any happiness for us.
你一定要忘了她
You must forget her.
不能忘了她
No, not her.
只能忘了她的遭遇
Only what happened to her.
伊丽莎白 我在叫你 伊丽莎白
Elizabeth! I say! Elizabeth!
-午安 伊丽莎白 -原来是你啊 小姐
-Good afternoon, Elizabeth. -It’s you, miss.
-午安 -午安
-Good afternoon. -Good afternoon.
-这栋房♥子现在变漂亮了 -你说什么
-The house is looking very nice now. -What’s that, miss?
我说这栋房♥子现在变漂亮了
I said, the house looks very nice now…
-从外观看起来 -是啊 小姐
-from the outside. -Yes, miss.
你该庆幸终于摆脱那些工人了
I expect you’re glad you got rid of the workmen at last.
是啊 小姐
Yes, miss.
你认为安东夫妇在短期内会接见访客吗
Do you think that Mr. And Mrs. Anton will be ready to receive callers soon?
不知道 目前为止还没有访客
I couldn’t say, miss, I’m sure. We haven’t had no visitors yet.
老爷说最好不要有人来打扰她
Master says seeing people isn’t good for her.
她最近身体微恙
She hasn’t been feeling too well lately.
-真令人遗憾啊 -你说什么 小姐
-I’m sorry to hear that. -What’s that, miss?
我说夏天很暖和 她多出来走动应该有好处
I said, this fine summer weather we’re having ought to do her good.
是啊 他们今天下午要出去
Yes, miss. They’re going out this afternoon.
这么久以来第一次外出 再见
First time for some while. Good day, miss.
再见 好漂亮的草莓啊
Good day. What lovely-looking strawberries.
我从来没吃过这么大的草莓
I never get big ones like that.
我来尝一颗讨点喜气吧
I think I’ll just taste one for luck.
午安
Good afternoon.
若你把行李带来了 就可以立刻上班
If you have your bags, you can start immediately.
谢谢你 老爷 行李都在楼下
Thank you, sir. They’re downstairs, sir.
那就这么说定了
Then everything is arranged.
-你的年薪是16英镑 -好 我已经知道了
-Your wages will be £6 a year. -Yes, sir. I understand all right, sir.
还有一件事
Just one more thing…
不管有什么事都别去打扰夫人
I don’t want you to bother your mistress about anything, ever.
若有什么问题就来找我吧
If you have any questions, just come to me.
好的 老爷
Yes, sir.
我会记住 老爷
That’ll suit me, sir.
谨记在心 你之前那位就忘了
Then you’ll remember it. Your predecessor did not.
所以她才会被解雇
That’s why she left.
或许感觉上有点不寻常
It may seem a little unusual…
但夫人很容易就会情绪紧张
but your mistress is inclined to be rather highly strung.
伊丽莎白 进来吧
Elizabeth, come in.
她是厨师伊丽莎白
This is Elizabeth, the cook.
-你好 -她有点重听
-Hello. -You’ll find that she’s a little deaf.
-你好 -伊丽莎白 她是新来的女佣
-Hello. -Elizabeth, this is our new housemaid.
我正在说明她的职务 她马上就会下楼了
I was explaining her duties to her. She’ll be down in a moment.
好的 老爷 我去楼下等你
Very good, sir. I’ll see you downstairs.
-她真像个鞑坦人 -你这话是什么意思
-She’s a tartar, ain’t she? -What do you mean by that?
就是很严格
You know, strict-like.
我绝对不要和她睡同一个房♥间
I’m not gonna sleep in the same room with her.
你有没有看到她看我的眼神
You see the way she looked at me?
你不觉得和你的服装有关吗
Don’t you think perhaps your costume might have something to do with it?
-有什么不对 -太花了一点
-What’s the matter with it? -It’s a little, shall we say, loud?
希望你不是轻浮的女孩 露西
-I hope you’re not a flighty girl, Lucy.
我叫南西 老爷
-My name’s Nancy, sir.
抱歉 南西 你轻浮吗
I’m sorry, Nancy. Are you?
-应该不会吧 -那就好
-I don’t think so, sir. -I’m glad to hear that.
夫人每件事都要做到一丝不苟
Your mistress is very particular about everything being very correct.
-是吗 老爷 -对
-Is she, sir? -Yes.
我也一样
So am I.
她是我们家新来的女佣
This is our new housemaid.
-你好吗 -我很好 夫人
-How do you do? -I’m all right, ma’am.
-你可以下去了 南西 -好的 老爷
-You can go now, Nancy. -Very good, sir.
她的个性好像不错
She seems a nice girl.
那就好 希望没让你等太久
I’m glad. I hope I haven’t kept you waiting.
我又回去找导览手册了
-I had to go back for the guidebook.
你看起来很有夏天的气息
-You look like a summer’s day.
因为我很开心 我们要外出
Because I’m happy. We’re going out,
我要带你去参观伦敦
and I’m going to show you London.
-你知道今天是什么日子吗 -什么日子
-Do you know what day today is? -Yes.
三个月前的今天
Three months ago today…
我们从湖畔的小教堂走出来正式结为夫妻
we came out of that little church by the lake, man and wife.
我有礼物要送给你 宝拉
I have a present for you, Paula.
你上哪儿找来这么美的东西
Where did you find anything so beautiful?
这是我妈的东西 代代相传
It belonged to my mother, and before that to her mother…
现在是属于你的了
and now it belongs to you.
我会永远戴在身上
I shall wear it always.
永远戴着
Always, my dear.
谢谢你送我这份礼物
How sweet of you to give me this.
别针好像不太牢固了
I’m afraid the pin is not very strong.
-是啊 -我再请人修理
-No. -I’ll have it mended.
在修好之前 你最好先别戴上
You better not wear it until I have.
可能会弄丢 你经常丢三落四
You might lose it. You know, you are inclined to lose things.
-是吗 我自己都不知道 -都是小东西啦
-I am? I didn’t realize that. -Oh, just little things.
先暂时放在你的皮包里吧
I’ll put it in your bag for safekeeping.
好了
There.
你要记住是放在这里
Now, you’ll remember where it is.
-别傻了 我一定会记得 -我只是在逗你啦
-Don’t be silly. Of course I’ll remember. -I was teasing you, my dear.
你看
Look.
-那就是伦敦 -那是音乐
-That’s London. -It’s music.