I thought Culvahouse would cover that.
那你们都问了她什么
So what did you ask her?
我只是 我们问她
I just– we talked about
她是否愿意全力支持约翰
if she would back John’s positions
就算约翰的某些立场与她的相冲突
when they conflicted with hers
还有 她是否做好改变人生的准备
or if she was prepared for her life to change.
没问政策问题
There were no policy questions.
你们没细问是因为你们想让她通过
You guys didn’t grill her because you wanted it to work.
我不负责审查 妮可
I wasn’t in charge of the vet, Nicolle.
她演技超棒 对吗
She’s a great actress, right?
绝对一流
Oh, the best.
干嘛不直接替她准备一些台词呢
Why don’t we just give her some lines?
这些是我认为查理最可能提出的问题
I’ve come up with a list of questions that I think Charlie’s most likely to ask.
只要你把回答记下
If you memorize these answers,
我保证你可以顺利过关
I’m sure you’re going to nail this interview.
你怎么知道他会问这些
How do you know he’ll ask these?
我曾任白宫新闻主任
I was the White House communications director.
我的工作就是预测问题
It’s my job to figure out the questions.
萨斯卡什维利
“Shushkashvili.”
萨卡什维利 格鲁吉亚总统
Saakashvili, the President of Georgia.
萨斯卡什维利
Shashkashvili.
萨卡什维利
Saakashvith–
-萨卡什维利 -萨卡什-维利
– Saakashvili. – Saakash-vili.
我想就国♥家♥安♥全♥状况提几个具体问题
Let me ask you about some specific national security situations.
好的
Sure.
首先是关于俄♥罗♥斯♥与格鲁吉亚
Let’s start with Russia and Georgia.
你认为美国应该维护
Do you believe the United States should try to restore
格鲁吉亚在南奥赛梯与阿伯卡茨的主♥权♥吗
Georgian sovereignty over South Ossetia and Abkhazia?
首先 我们仍将继续
First off, we’re gonna continue
与萨卡什维利保持良好关系
good relations with Saakashvili there.
我前几天刚与他通过话
I was able to speak with him the other day,
我们应该同时密切关注俄♥罗♥斯♥的动向
and we’ve gotta keep an eye on Russia.
俄♥罗♥斯♥
For Russia
无故对一个弱小民♥主♥国家
to have exerted such pressure in terms of invading
发起进攻
a smaller Democratic country unprovoked
实在是无法接受 而且我们
is unacceptable, and we have…
你认为俄方是无故吗
You believe unprovoked?
-对 -我相信俄方无故
– Yes. – I do, I do believe unprovoked.
我们必须对俄♥罗♥斯♥提高警惕
And we have to keep our eye on Russia…
镁光灯一开她就进入状态
She’s a red-light performer.
关注领导层的意向
…under the leadership there.
你如何解读
What insight
俄♥罗♥斯♥近期 特别是近两周的动作
into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks,
阿♥拉♥斯加的地理位置是否让你有不同看法
does the proximity of this state give you?
它是我们的邻居
They’re our next-door neighbors.
站在阿♥拉♥斯加你可以直接望见俄♥罗♥斯♥
And you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska.
你认为伊朗核问题
Do you consider a nuclear Iran…
-该死 -对以色列构成严重威胁吗
– Damn it. – …to be an existential threat to Israel?
从我家就可以看到俄♥罗♥斯♥
And I can see Russia from my house.
我相信温室效应由人类活动所致
I believe global warming is caused by man.
我相信只是因为上帝想把我们搂紧一点
And I believe it’s just God hugging us closer.
我不同意布♥什♥主义
I don’t agree with the Bush Doctrine.
布♥什♥政♥府♥在国♥家♥安♥全♥政策和对外交往中
遵循”美国利益至上”和”以实力求和平”两大原则
我不知道那是什么玩意
And I don’t know what that is.
她开始还没意识到
She initially did not understand this,
而我也觉得人们能自己作出判断
and I think that people can make what they want of it,
但我或其他人可以确信
but was I, or anone, confident that
萨拉·佩林能够胜任美国总统吗
Sarah Palin now has the wherewithal to be president of the United States?
我不这么认为
I don’t think so.
我的一位保守党朋友跟我在电♥话♥里说
A conservative friend called me up and said
“我不能这么做
“I just can’t do it.
我不确定自己会不会把票投给奥巴马
I don’t know if I’m voting for Obama,
但我没法投给她
but I can’t have her–
她不该出现在华盛顿 更别说白宫了”
She shouldn’t be in Washington, let alone the White House.”
州长
Governor.
佩林州长
Governor Palin.
我们应该准备一下凯蒂·柯丽克的访问
We really should prep for your Katie Couric interview.
行
Fine.
我写了一份有关雷曼兄弟垮台
I wrote a brief synopsis on the collapse of Lehman Brothers
与经济危机的概要
and the financial crisis.
如果你把这份文件背熟
If you internalize this document,
应该就能应付金融救♥市♥的基本问题了
you should be able to field basic questions about the bail-out.
州长
Governor…
道琼斯指数下跌了500点
The Dow just dropped 500 points.
雷曼摇摇欲坠
Lehman is collapsing.
世界经济正处于崩♥盘♥的边缘
The world economy is on the bring of collapse.
所以我确信♥访♥问里会涉及金融救♥市♥问题
So I am pretty sure the bail-out is going to come up–
那好
Okay. Um…
要不你先准备下我们再开始
Wh don’t we come back to it after we’ve warmed up a bit?
我把凯蒂最有可能提的问题列了出来
I’ve put together a list of the questions… that Katie’s most likely to ask.
我曾同凯蒂共事过
I used to work with Katie,
我知道她会提流产的问题
and I know she’ll ask about abortion.
斯蒂夫做了阿♥拉♥斯加的民调没有
Did Steve do the Alaska poll yet?
应该正在进行中
I think it’s being done as we speak.
我猜他根本就没做
Bet he didn’t even do it.
要不我们试着过几道问题吧
Can we try and get through just a few questions?
我知道你心情不好 州长
I know you’re upset, Governor.
要不你今天早点休息
So why don’t you get a good night’s sleep,
我明天一早再来
and I will come back first thing in the morning
等你状态好点我们再继续
to prep you when you’re feeling better?
我把这个留在这 方便你
I’m gonna leave this for you to…
看看
look over.
美国正面临继上世纪二三十年代大萧条以来
It’s the worst financial crisis facing the American people
最为严重的经济危机
since the great depression of the 1920s and ’30s.
布♥什♥总统主持的大规模金融救♥市♥计划
The president’s massive financial rescue plan
受到左右♥派♥的双向夹击
under fire from the left and right.
晚上好
Good evening
这里是牛津密西西比大学的福特中心
from the Ford center at the university of Mississippi at Oxford.
第一轮辩论即将开始
We’re here for the first of three debates
辩手是巴拉克·奥巴马参议员
between Senator Barack Obama–
斯蒂夫 斯蒂夫 别管这些没用的形式
Steve, Steve, let’s not worry about that crap.
都是狗屁
It’s all bullshit.
我都站讲台上了
I’m here at the podium.
赶紧开始辩论吧
Let’s do the fucking debate.
约翰 抱歉打断一下
Hey, John. Sorry to interrupt.
我刚跟财政部的人通过话
I just spoke to our guy at treasury.
投票支持议案的共和党人不够
The bill does not have enough Republican votes.
见鬼
God damn it.
保尔森认为世界经济
Paulson thinks the entire world economy
悬于一线 所以…
is on the brink of falling off the cliff, so…
咱们进退两难了 要是救♥市♥法案没通过
We’re checkmated. If the bail-out doesn’t pass,
我们就是被布♥什♥连累了
we’re screwed because Bush,
所以你就要当替罪羊
and thus you, will be blamed for it.
如果你通过了救♥市♥法案
If you pass the bail-out–
共和党人会因为我支持
The Republicans will despise me
-救♥市♥法案而鄙视我 -没错
– for supporting a bail-out. – That’s it.
没错 伙计们
This is it, guys.
他妈选举就这个德行
I mean, this is the whole fucking election.
现在 我们认为你应该暂缓竞选行程
Now, we think you should suspend the campaign,
推迟辩论 去一趟华府
postpone the debates, go to Washington,
努力谈判达成两党协议
and try to negotiate a bi-partisan compromise.
你得棋出险招了 约翰
You need to make a bold move, John.
这可是真险
This is a big risk.
赌注可不小啊
I mean, that’s a big gamble.
我们必须采取行动
We gotta do something.
没什么比这事更操蛋了
I mean nothing can fuck me more than this.
州长 你有没有看过
Governor, have you had a chance
关于救♥市♥计划的材料
to go over the briefing materials on the bail-out?
我认为我们应该准备两句
I really think we need to try and nail down
简单的对于此次经济危机的评论
a simple two-sentence response to the economic crisis.
-你的评论得支持… -粉够厚了