People lined up across the country
排队等着投票
by the millions today.
这是近几十年来参与投票人数最多的一次
Turnout looks to be the highest in decades.
约翰·麦凯恩如期拿下了肯塔基州
John McCain will carry Kentucky once again, as expected.
共八张选举人票 我们对此并不意外
Eight electoral votes, not a huge surprise.
截止到目前为止 还有另外四个州的
We are not able to make a projection
投票已经全部结束
in the four other states…
但是我们还无法对这四个州的
that are closing all their polls
投票结果做出预测
at this hour right now.
这几个州也是竞选过程中竞争最为激烈的
And some of them are battleground states–
佐治亚州 印第安纳州
Georgia, Indiana,
南卡莱罗纳州和弗吉尼亚州
South Carolina and Virginia.
当然这并不意味选情会很胶着
It doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s gonna be close or not…
弗吉尼亚州情况如何
Where’s Virginia?
落后五个点 俄亥俄州已经失选了
Negative five. And Ohio’s gone.
-明白 -我会随时汇报给你
– Got it. – I’ll keep you posted.
我过十分钟再打给你
Call you in 10.
怎么了
What’s going on?
宾州要失选了
We’re gonna lose Pennsylvania.
俄亥俄州也是
And Ohio.
斯蒂夫
Steve…
有件事我必须告诉你
There’s something I have to tell you.
怎么了
What’s wrong?
我没投票
I didn’t vote.
我做不到
I couldn’t do it.
我没有投票
I didn’t vote.
我真的做不到
I couldn’t do it.
没关系
It’s okay.
-孤独啊 -好的 我们接下来
– Soledad. – All right, wolf,
马上进行选民分♥析♥
we’ll take you right to the voter analysis…
情况怎么样 斯蒂夫
How we doing, Stevie boy?
宾州和俄亥俄州已经失选了
We lost Pennsylvania and Ohio, sir.
当年我的祖父在听说日本已经投降之后
When my grandfather found out that the Japanese had surrendered,
他不知所措
he was lost.
他不知道自己接下来该怎么办
He didn’t know what to do with himself.
他回到家里
He came home,
第二天便暴毙而亡
dropped dead the very next day.
全力战斗 慷慨赴死
Fought his war, then he died.
我的父亲
And my dad,
自他从海军退役后
when he retired from the Navy,
就陷入了深深的绝望
he fell into a sense of despair for the rest of his life.
我是不会放弃的 斯蒂夫
I’m never gonna quit, Steve.
我不能放弃
I can’t.
我不知道应该怎样淡出政坛
I don’t know how to just fade away.
参议员 我…
Senator, I–
我只想告诉您…
I just want to say–
什么
What?
我…我…
I’m s– I’m s–
我真的非常抱歉
I’m so sorry that I…
我举荐了她
suggested her.
不用愧疚
Don’t be.
去他们的吧
Fuck ’em.
我们还能怎么办呢
What were we supposed to do?
今夜对于整个美国来说具有历史性的意义
A truly historic night here in the United States.
巴拉克·奥巴马
Barack Obama will become
将成为美国的第44任总统
the 44th President of the United States.
我很遗憾 妈妈
Sorry, mom.
谢谢你 孩子
Oh, thanks, kiddo.
我真的非常遗憾 妈妈
I’m really sorry, mom.
亲爱的
Sweetheart.
你知道吗 你真的棒极了
You did great. You know that, right?
宝宝快到妈妈这儿来
Come here, baby.
这没什么大不了的 我们会没事的
It’s all right. We’re okay. Yeah.
我想着重强调这一段
I’ll take the stress very literally here.
就顺便提一句 你觉得呢
Just one quick– you think?
还有接下来这个部分 麻烦用粗体标明
And on this next part, would you make sure you bold that?
克里斯 帮我把这个输入到提词器里去
Oh, Chris, I need you to load this in the teleprompter for me.
斯蒂夫·施密特说你不用发表演说
Steve Schmidt told me you weren’t making a speech.
不 我要发表演说
No. I am making a speech.
斯库里已经跟里克·戴维斯说好了
Scully cleared it with Rick Davis.
快点帮我输入到提词器里去 好吗
So just go ahead and load it, okay?
好的
Okay.
好的 记得着重强调这一点
Okay, so, on the stress on this one, I’ll take it.
-天哪 -抱歉
– Jesus! – Hey, sorry.
斯蒂夫 我现在有点混乱
Steve, I’m getting a bunch of mixed messages here.
州长她到底要不要做败选演讲呢
Is the Governor giving a concession speech or not–
我已经说过五遍了
I’ve already said this five times already.
她不需要做演讲
She is not giving a speech.
她好像并不这么认为
Well, she seems to think otherwise.
轮不到她说话
Well, she’s not.
那你希望我怎么跟她说呢
What do you want me to tell her?
就跟她说她用不着上台演讲
Tell her she’s not fucking speaking!
可是你们俩都挺有决心的…
Okay, well, you both seem pretty certain–
我的决心大于她的决心
well, let my certainty supersede her certainty.
该死的
God damn it!
斯蒂夫
Steve.
你要见我吗
You want to see me?
是的 这边请
Yes. This way.
抱歉
Excuse us a moment.
我听说你准备发表演说
I understand you’ve prepared a speech. Is that correct?
是的 我想对约翰为这个国家
Yes, I have. I want to salute John
所做的一切致以敬意
for everything he’s done for this country.
不行 你不能上台做演讲
It’s not going to happen. You’re not giving a speech.
为什么呢 斯蒂夫
And why is that, Steve?
你不能上台演讲
You’re not giving a speech
因为副总统的候选人从未
because the vice presidential candidate
在选举日当晚做败选演讲
has never given a concession speech on election night.
选举结束不是关于你
It’s not about you.
而是关于整个国家
It’s about the country.
可是凡事总有第一次
Yeah, well, there’s a lot of things never been done before.
州长同志
Governor…
就在今天 美国选出了
This country has just elected the first
历史上第一位黑人总统
African- American president in the history of its existence.
这场败选演讲
And it is the concession speech
将正式承认结果的合法性
that will legitimize his succession as commander in chief.
这场演讲异常庄重严肃
It is a serious and solemn occasion,
约翰·麦凯恩 只有约翰·麦凯恩
and John McCain, and only John McCain,
才有资格发表这个演讲
will be giving this sacred speech.
自美♥利♥坚♥合众国成立的那一刻起
This is how it has been done in every presidential election
总统竞选的规则就是如此
in every presidential election since the dawn of the Republic,
而你 萨拉·佩林
and you, Sarah Palin,
你对于这一伟大的美国传统
will not change the importance
只能遵守 不能改变
of this proud American tradition.
“我们已经尽了全力去战斗”
“We fought– we fought as hard as we could.”
“虽然最终结果令我们矮人一头”
“And though we feel short,”
“但这只是我的失败”
“The fail– the failure is mine.”
老天 别这么说…
Oh, jeez, no–
马克 我并没觉得我矮啊
I don’t feel that short, Mark.
“深感惭愧” 老大
“Fell short,” Boss.
是啊 真是多谢了
Yeah, thanks.
“深感惭愧” 打错了
“Fell short.” It’s a typo.
-约翰 -萨拉
– John. – Hi, Sarah.
我们虽败犹荣
Well, we fought the good fight.
没错
Mm-hmm, we did.
现在让我去好好感谢一下我们的国家吧
Now I’m just gonna get out there and thank America.
我已经等不及要对你献上我崇高的敬意了
I can’t wait to get out there and thank you.
我为你写了一份发自肺腑的颂词
I have a speech written that is a real tribute to ya.
不用了 我想他们已经安排好了
No, I think these guys have that covered.
对吗 斯蒂夫
Right, Steve?
是的 我们已经搞定了
Yes, sir. We have it covered.
我只是想让大家都看看你是一个多棒的人