if I had my own small conversation with this lady?
-他们不懂英语 -你在说英语
-They don’t understand English. -You were talking English.
很难解释的
Yes, but it’s a little hard to explain,
是共鸣论的一部分
but, you see, it’s all part of empathicalism.
我们不必用言语沟通
We don’t have to communicate with words.
他们通过我的感觉和
They understand me through the way I feel.
声调理解我
And the tone of my voice.
有点像狗
Sort of like a dog.
-很明显你不明白 -谁请客
-Obviously, you don’t understand. -Who’s buying the wine?
-是我 -我比你想像的更明白
-I am. -I understand more than you think.
若你说那酒…
If you’re trying to tell me that it’s the wine…
给你看点东西
Let me show you something.
各位 请允许我借此机会说
Gentlemen, may I take this opportunity
你们像一班可怜虫
to tell you that you look like a mess of worms?
不单只像
And that you not only look like a mess of worms,
你们简直就是可怜虫
but you are a mess of worms.
我肯定你们在这桌子旁很多年
And I’ll bet you’ve been sitting at this table all these years
因为你们一走
because if you ever left it,
就会因流浪而被捕
you’d be picked up on a vagrancy charge.
很精彩
Bravo!
你不辩护了
The defense rests.
不是很有趣 你不属于这里
I don’t think this is funny. You don’t belong here.
你也不是 这正是我来的原因
Neither do you. Which brings us to why I’m here.
-你同意…-先生 跟美美跳舞吗
-You agreed…-Monsieur, you dance with Mimi?
不了 我很忙 芝芝没告诉你
No, thanks. I’m busy. Didn’t Gigi tell you?
那样很无礼 拒绝跟美美跳舞
That’s very rude, refusing to dance with Mimi.
我的国家是男士邀请女士跳舞的
Where I come from, the man asks the girl to dance.
你一定是来自石器时代的了
You must come from the Stone Age.
这里思想开放
We think freely here.
女士可随意邀舞
If a girl wants to dance with a man, she asks him.
我们不受过时的习俗约束
We’re not inhibited by outmoded social conventions.
我明白 你可有邀请男士跳舞
I can see that. Do you ask men to dance with you?
是时候你该明白 跳舞只是一种
Isn’t it time you realized that dancing’s nothing more
表达和释放的手法
than a form of expression or release?
不需要拘谨或者造作
There’s no need to be formal or cute about it.
事实上 我现在想表达自己
As a matter of fact, I rather feel like expressing myself now,
也可以释放一下
and I could certainly use a release!
你真是交游广阔和有影响力
Well, you certainly made friends and influenced people.
他们很明白 他们是共鸣学家
They’re very understanding. They’re empathicalists.
你老是说着共鸣
Tell me something, you talk an awful lot about this empathy.
可有亲身体验
Do you ever do anything about it yourself?
我不明白你的意思
I don’t know what you mean.
何不向我传送共鸣
How about throwing a little empathy my way?
我不明白
I still don’t know what you mean.
你没出现时可知道我的感受
Now, how do you think I feel when you don’t show up for the job?
我要为你负责的 共鸣学家
I’m responsible for you. Any good empathicalist
该感到我要找失业保障
ought to feel me standing in line for unemployment insurance.
在哪里出现
Show up where?
他们在杜那里等了你一天
Well, they’ve been waiting for you at Duval’s all day.
我不知道 没有人告诉我
I had no idea. Nobody told me.
我们打了几小时电♥话♥找你
We’ve been calling you on the telephone for hours.
我整天在咖啡室里 对不起
I’ve been at the cafe all day. I’m terribly sorry.
我不想说得像人事部的语气
Now, I don’t want to sound like the head of the personnel department,
你该早点上♥床♥
but you ought to be getting to bed early.
摄影机不留情的
You know, the camera picks up everything.
我不想一辈子修饰你的照片
I don’t want to spend my entire life retouching your pictures.
工作完后你可以
When we’re finished, you can spend all your time
在咖啡室尽情闲聊
at the cafe making small talk.
闲聊
Small talk?
你以为裙子的领口
I suppose you think the neckline of a dress
才会引发震惊世界的言论
makes for world-shaking conversation.
你不理解的事情就叫做闲聊
Anything you don’t understand you call small talk.
-你觉得霍怎样 -别转换话题
-What did you think of Flostre? -Don’t change the subject.
是一样的话题
It’s the same subject.
我没见过霍
I haven’t met Flostre.
没有
You haven’t?
我以为你们已是老友
By now, I thought you two would be buddies.
霍不去咖啡室的 除了特别活动
Well, you don’t find Flostre in cafes, except on special occasions.
不是研究共鸣的人
Not everyone interested in empathicalism
都见过他的 也不是每个美国人
gets to meet the professor anymore than every American
都见过总统
gets to meet the President.
获邀请到霍家是很大的荣幸
An invitation to Flostre’s home is a great honor.
就像难得获邀请到…
And as hard an invitation to get as an invitation to…
白宫
The White House.
拿霍教授来开玩笑不是很有趣
I don’t think jokes about Professor Flostre are funny.
好吧 我们友善点
All right. No more jokes. But let’s be friendly.
我们要合作
We have to work together, you know.
合作无须友善
You don’t have to be friendly to work together.
相识就行了
Acquainted will do.
现在我要去杜那里
Am I supposed to go over to Duval’s now?
我说你会在早上十点半过去
I said you’d be there at 10:30 in the morning.
-我会去的 -答应吗
-I’ll be there. -Promise?
我说我会去就是了
I said I’d be there, and I will.
-好的 -我走了 晚安
-All right. -This is where I get off. Good night.
等一会 不要生气
Well, wait a minute. Don’t go away mad.
可否去散步
Can’t we take a walk around the block and get friendly
友善或相识一下
or better acquainted or something?
不 谢谢 我要睡觉了
No, thanks. I’ve got to go to bed.
我不想你一辈子修饰我的照片
I don’t want you to spend your entire life retouching my pictures.
你是生气吧
You are mad, aren’t you?
我没有生气 我…
No, I’m not mad. I…
我是伤心失望…
I’m hurt and disappointed and…
和生气
And mad.
我不想让你叹气
I didn’t mean to start any scene to make you sigh
希望去死
Hope to die
我们争吵是不道德的
It’s most immoral for us to quarrel
我们为何不同意
Why can’t we both agree?
你知道本富兰克林 详细地写过这个吗
Don’t you know Ben Franklin wrote about this thing at length?
团结才是力量
On the proposition that in union there is strength
我们只是热身 何必掀起风暴
Why raise a storm up if we’ll just warm up?
我们会更坚强 更长寿
We’ll be much stronger and live much longer
我们以吻来和好吧 让我们醒来
Let’s kiss and make up Come on, let’s wake up
我需要你 你需要我
For I need you and you need me
我们以吻来和好吧 不必决裂
Let’s kiss and make up No use to break up
我们可以和睦共处时
when we can work in harmony
我会迁就你 你会迁就我
I’ll give you your way, you’ll give me my way
在门外 我们的忧虑就会飞走
And out the doorway our cares will fly away
如果我们想幸福 方法很清楚
If we’d be happy, the way is clear
我们以吻来和好吧 不必决裂
Let’s kiss and make up no use to break up
我们相互需要 亲爱的
We need each other, dear
他们在做什么 他们做了几个小时
What are they doing? They’ve been in there for hours.
有很多事情要做的
There was a lot to be done.
-他们像不高兴 -也不是不高兴
-They don’t look happy. -They don’t look unhappy.
-我看不出 他们看似满意吗 -不像不满意
-I can’t tell. Do they look pleased? -They don’t look displeased.
-各位 -压轴表演
-Everyone! -Maybe this is the grand finale.
-我很紧张 -你应该紧张的
-I’m getting nervous. -You should.
坐下
Sit down.
各位看到一条平庸的毛虫走进来
My friends, you saw enter here a waif, a gamine, a lowly caterpillar.
虫茧破开 冒出来的不是蝴蝶
We open the cocoon, but it is not a butterfly that emerges.
-不是 -不是 是一只天堂鸟
-It’s not? -No. It is a bird of paradise.
开灯
Lights!
开幕
Curtain!
很美 难以置信
Beautiful! I don’t believe it!
美琪 我说过什么 你漂亮极了
Maggie, what did I tell you? You look absolutely fabulous.
-感觉怎样 -很好 但这不是我
-How does it feel? -It feels wonderful, but it’s not me.
那发型 裙子都很完美
The hair, the dress, it’s perfection!
你看到我们下的一番心血吧
You see how much we accomplish when you appear?
-留下来吧 -我会的 对不起…
-Now do try to stay with us for a while. -I will. I’m sorry…
周五杜会展出那系列
Now, Duval shows the collection on Friday.
周四晚我们会介绍你给传媒认识
The night before, I’m giving a party to introduce you to the press.
这是你的机会 是你的一晚

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!