You are in the Museum of Modern Art, Marion.
渊博 深奥的玛莲
Deep Marion, profound Marion.
你看到这雕像 它令你有所感受
You have come across this statue, and it says something to you
因为你有知识 经常思考
because you are intellectual, always thinking.
你在想什么
What are you thinking?
我在想已经拍了很久
I’m thinking this is taking a long time,
我不能替夏洛拿洗的衣服了
and I’ll never be able to pick up Harold’s laundry.
夏洛拿不到衣服时 会是大灾难
Boy, when Harold doesn’t get his laundry, disaster.
-这个拍不好的话…-这是…
-Well, if we don’t get this picture…-This is…
你休想见夏洛 来
…you may never see Harold’s laundry or Harold again. All right. Let’s go.
有思想的女性要
The woman who thinks must come to grips
认真对待时装
with the reality of fashionable attire.
女人可以美貌智慧俱备
A woman can be beautiful as well as intellectual.
看封面
See facing page.
封面怎样了
And how is the facing page?
封面照拍得像蜗牛般有智慧
The facing page looks about as intellectual as a snail.
胡说 玛莲可以很有深度的
Nonsense. Marion can be very deep.
看 她在阅读
Look at her. She’s reading.
玛莲 你在看什么书
Marion, dear, what are you reading?
《火星民兵》
Minutemen From Mars.
我们继续在这氧气帐闲晃
Are we all gonna hang around this oxygen tent,
还是换人
or do we get somebody else?
-彭露丝怎样 -去度蜜月了
-How about Lucy Brand? -On her honeymoon.
-夏贝蒂呢 -她在坐监
-Betty Hayes? -She’s in jail.
没有美貌与智慧俱备的模特儿了
Aren’t there any models around who can think as well as they look?
用别的背景 玛莲或会好一点
Marion might look better in a different background.
我们可以去个有学术气息的地方
We can go on location. Some intellectual hangout.
-有书籍的地方 -书店
-Somewhere with books. -A bookstore.
格林威治村一个阴森的地方 来
Of course! One of those sinister places in Greenwich Village.
-快点 姑娘们 -好了 赶快
-Come on, girls! -That’s it. Let’s hurry.
还要在途中替夏洛取衣物
We might have to stop and pick up Harold’s laundry on the way.
那里有一间
There’s one.
司机 停车
Driver, stop here.
那够阴森了
That’s sinister enough.
梅丽 帮我拿这盏灯 它很重
Melissa, for heaven’s sake, help me with this lamp. It’s heavy!
-不行 我满手都是东西了 -两样都拿我可拿不动
-I can’t, Babs. I’ve got my hands full! -I can’t handle both of these things!
我来拿点儿
I’ll take some of the things.
真阴暗
It’s movingly dismal!
我们自己动手设计 也不可能比这更理想了
We couldn’t have done better if we designed it ourselves.
玛莲看来已经精明一点了 我希望他们有足够的…
Marion looks smarter already. I hope they’ve got enough…
抱歉 我没看到你
Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t see you up there.
你没事吧
Are you all right?
没事 有何效劳
Yes, thank you. Can I help you?
-好了 姑娘们 我们开始吧 -你想买♥♥书吗
-All right, girls, let’s get started. -Would you like a book?
玛莲 过来
Marion, dear! Over here!
-她们是谁…-就在这儿 很好
-Who are those…-Right over here. Good.
我可否替你效劳
May I help you?
谢谢 我们有所需的东西了
Thank you very much. I think we have everything we need.
请告诉我这是什么一回事
Would you please tell me what all this is about?
我们只想拍一些照片 就几分钟
We’ll only be a minute. We’re just going to take a few pictures.
照片 什么照片
Pictures? What sort of pictures?
-你是店主吗 -蒲博士才是
-Are you the owner? -No, Dr. Post is the owner.
我在此工作 她不在时由我管理
I work here and I’m in charge in her absence.
-我是施采 你可否帮我…-你好 我是颜迪克
-I’m Jo Stockton. Can you help me…-How do you do? I’m Dick Avery.
-我打赌那很好…-要拍什么照片
-I’ll bet that’s very good…-What about these pictures?
我们想用这店子做背景
Well, we’re using the shop as a background
替《优秀》杂♥志♥拍时装照
for some fashion pictures for QUALITY magazine.
抱歉 不行 蒲博士不会同意的
I’m sorry, but I can’t let you do this. Dr Post would never approve.
她不认同时装杂♥志♥的
She doesn’t approve of fashion magazines.
它俗气 而且是不实际的自我形象
It’s chichi and an unrealistic approach to self-impressions
就像经济一样
as well as economics.
麻烦 她是个思想家
We’re going to have trouble. She’s a thinker.
又多嘴
She’s also a talker.
我得请你们离开 你们无权…
I must ask you to leave. You have no right…
我们求求你
We throw ourselves at your mercy.
我们这样的可怜人没维生权利吗
Haven’t poor, helpless people like us a right to make a living?
我请你们离开 这是我的权利
I have asked you to leave. That is my right.
若个人♥权♥利不被群众尊重
If the rights of the individual are not respected by the group,
群众就不能存在
the group itself cannot exist for long.
那是什么意思
What does that mean?
己所不欲 勿施于人
Something like do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
我们只会麻烦你一会儿
We’re only going to do unto you for a moment.
-我保证…-不 但是我…
-Then you have my…-No, but I…
而且我们自己的麻烦更多
It’s no more than we would do unto ourselves.
我要重新摆放这些书籍
Girls, I want all these books rearranged!
它们太相似
They look too much alike.
和有系统 调乱一下
They’re too pat. Come on, mix them up.
你们不能把它们调乱
No, don’t do that! You mustn’t mix them up.
这书架上的书是有关经验主义
All those books in the shelf pertain to empiricism,
这是唯物主义
and on this shelf, materialism,
这是心身平衡论
and on this shelf, psycho-physical parallelism!
放回去 请告诉她 我要花几小时整理的
Oh, no, put them back. Please talk to her. It’ll take me hours!
没人敢对毕美琪说话 只有听的份儿
One never talks to Maggie Prescott. One only listens.
迪克 我们该放她在照片内
Dick, I think we ought to use her in the shot.
小姐 请过来
Miss, will you come down here, please?
-我 -就是造造气氛
-Me? -Just as atmosphere.
你卖♥♥书给那个女孩
You’ll be selling a book to that girl.
-她 -很简单
-Her? -Well, it’s very simple.
假装玛莲懂得看书吧
Just pretend that Marion can read.
听着
Say, listen!
玛莲 我们来吧
All right, Marion. Let’s go.
但这有违我的原则
But this would be an absolute violation of all my principles.
投身这种唯心主义 让我觉得很虚伪
It would be hypocrisy for me to lend myself to this sort of idealism.
对不起 但是…
-I’m sorry…-Oh, shush…
向玛莲介绍一下那些书籍吧
Now tell Marion about the books so that we can get out of here.
这个写副现象论
This book deals with epiphenomenalism,
涉及意识能力
which has to do with consciousness
作为生理过程的附属品
as a mere accessory of physiological processes
无论你在做什么
whose presence or absence
它存在与否
makes no difference.
也没有分别
Whatever are you doing?
别动
All right! Hold it!
-好 给她更衣 -很好
-Good. Let’s get her another outfit. -Good.
给她披上薄绸
Now let’s get her into…Put on the chiffon.
你们都没意识到
None of you seems to realize
是在擅闯私人地方
that you’re trespassing on private property!
你们乱冲乱撞
You all run around here in sublime ignorance of the fact
我可以告你们
that I can have you put in jail!
-最后一次…-你很令人烦厌
-Now, for the last time…-You’re getting very tiresome.
你干什么
What are you doing?
放手
Let go! Let go of my arm!
我知道你没恶意 但你阻碍着大家
I know you don’t mean any harm, child, but you are in everyone’s way.
我们很快便完工
Now we won’t be a moment.
让我进来
Let me in!
新鲜空气对她有益 她很苍白
The air will do her good. She was very pale.
好 预备
All right. Hit it.
别动 准备好没有
Hold it. Ready.
好 再来一张
Good. One more, please.
好 看着
All right. Hit it.
别动 准备
Hold it. Ready.
再来 最后一张
Very good, Marion. One more, please. Last one.
来吧 看着
All right, here we go. Hit it.
别动 预备
Hold it. Ready.
好 应该够了
Okay. That’s it. That ought to do.
我还有更多的…
I got some more…
完了没有
Are you quite through?
谢谢 你做得很好 我们会在杂♥志♥提及这店子
Thank you. You’ve been wonderful. We’ll mention the shop in the magazine.
-你休想 -计程车
-Don’t you dare! -Taxi!

Oh, no!
你好
Hello there.
我留下来帮你收拾一下

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!