♬要给他的孩子买♥♥个钻戒
♪ Gonna buy his baby a diamond ring ♪
如果那只钻戒不发光
♪ If that diamond ring don’t shine ♪
♪他会把它交给私♥家♥侦♥探♥♪
♪ He gonna take it to a private eye ♪
如果那个私♥家♥侦♥探♥看不见♪
♪ If that private eye can’t see ♪
♬他最好别拿走我的戒指
♪ He better not take that ring from me ♪
♬Bo Diddley给他抓了一只奶妈山羊
♪ Bo Diddley caught him a nanny goat ♪
♬为了给他漂亮的孩子做一件礼拜服
♪ To make his pretty baby a Sunday coat ♪
♬迪德利给他抓了一只熊猫♬
♪ Bo Diddley caught him a bear cat ♪
♬给他漂亮的孩子做一顶星期天的帽子
♪ To make his pretty baby a Sunday hat ♪
♪也许有一天你会爱上♪
♪ Maybe someday you will fall in love ♪
♪就像我爱上你一样,宝贝
♪As I fell in love with you, baby ♪
♪你爱的人只是不停地爱上你♪
♪ The one you love just keep falling in love with you ♪
♪♪然后当你孤独♪
♪ Then when you all alone ♪
♬你知道这样最好,宝贝
♪ You know it’d be best, baby ♪
-你可以这样唱。
– You can sing like that.
♪小骚妇,我爱你♪
♪ Little coquette, I love you ♪
-唱歌♥,因为我想唱。如果我累了,我就辞职。
– Sing, ’cause I want to. If I get tired, I quit.
-但你不想唱。
– But you don’t want to sing.
我想唱歌♥,伙计。我很好。
I want to sing, man. I’m good.
-你想唱多好就唱多好,但是你唱不好-如果我累了,我就不干了。
– You sing as good as you want, but you don’t- – If I get tired, I quit.
-我在奥克兰上学,有很多白人学生和我在一起。
– I went to school in Oakland and I had quite a few White-type of school kids with me.
我49岁。
I’m forty-nine.
那时,我和怀特家的孩子一起上学。
At that time, I had White kids going to school with me.
我会吃花生酱。
I would have peanut butter.
我有一些花生酱,我不想吃,但我妈妈给我的时候我吃了很多。
I got some peanut butter I don’t want it, but I ate so much when my mother gave it to me.
我买♥♥了两罐苹果黄油,现在我不吃了,因为怀蒂在吃火腿三明治,而我在吃花生酱三明治。
With apple butter, I got two cans of it now that I don’t eat because Whitey was eating ham sandwiches and I was eating peanut butter sandwiches.
三明治!
Sandwiches!
-我得离开这个城市去南方待一段时间。
– I got to get out of this town for some Southern times.
放我出去。这是正确的。
Let me out of here. That’s right.
吸!坐公共汽车到纽约只要17美元。
Suck! The bus only cost $17 to New York.
我说”我两周没赚17美元”
I say, “I ain’t made $17 in two weeks.”
有空气生存。
Got air to live.
-乘坐一艘从珍珠港驶来的船。
– Riding a ship coming out of Pearl Harbor.
和我所有的白人朋友,然后我们喝沟里的水。
And all my White friends, Then we drank water out of the ditches.
如果我有k配额,我就给他们一些。
If I had a K-ration, I gave them some of it.
我会坐这辆巴士。
And I would ride this bus.
我不能和我的朋友坐在德克萨斯州休斯顿的这辆巴士上。
I couldn’t sit with my friend on this bus at Houston, Texas.
我不得不坐在公共汽车的尾部。
I had to ride at the back end of this bus.
-我现在要热了。
– I’m about to get hot now.
事实上,在南方坐公共汽车连个地方都去不了。
As a matter of fact, you couldn’t even go no place down South riding a bus.
连杯汽水都拿不到,走进去给你买♥♥个三明治。
Couldn’t even get a soda, walk in there and get you a sandwich.
-我才不管谁是种族主义者。
– I don’t give a damn about who’s racist.
我只想要平等。我想和下一个人相等,因为我要交税。
I just want equality. I want to be equal with the next guy, because I’m paying my taxes.
那是另一回事。
Well, that’s a different thing.
我是一个有工作的人,我在纳税。
I’m a working man and I’m paying my taxes.
钱就是一切,明白我的意思吗?
The money is what’s happening. See what I mean?
-不,我说的是…-当一切都重要的时候
– No, I’m talkin’ about- – When it all counts, that is what’s happening.
我说的是,如果你想要革新,你可以先吃点面包,然后再说废话。
I’m talking about about as far as, if you want to be revolutionary, you get some bread first, and then you can talk trash.
-白人用宗教来蒙蔽我们。
– Whitey blind us with religion.
-是啊,如果你以暴制暴,就像已故的马尔科姆那样,你会有所收获的。
– Yeah, if you fight violence with violence, like the late Malcolm did, man, you gonna get some results.
——正确的。——真的。
– Right. – Really.
因为在这次骚乱之前,你们没有儿童学前教育计划。
Because before this rioting and shit, you didn’t have no Head Start programs for kids.
你什么都没有!
You didn’t have shit!
真的,你什么都没有。
Really, you didn’t have a goddamn thing.
让你在哈莱姆区卖♥♥马肉。
Got you down in Harlem selling horse meat.
你知道,如果他们中有一个人倒下去卖♥♥马肉,他们就死定了。
You know, if one of them motherfuckers down and out selling horse meat, they dead.
-又一场内战。
– Another civil war.
——内战吗?-我要退后
– Civil war? – And I’m gonna be standing back.
“哦,宝贝!”
“Get ’em, baby!”
-伙计,你在袋子里吗?
– Hey, man, you in a bag?
-对,就是这样。我在一个袋子里。
– Yeah, that’s it. I’m in a bag.
-别失去你的冷静,猫。
– Well, just don’t lose your coolness, cat.
我是说,不要失去你的冷静。
I mean, don’t lose your coolness.
-你说话倒轻松。你是一只乌鸦。
– Easy for you to talk. You’re a crow.
我希望我是一只乌鸦。
I wish I was a crow.
如果我是乌鸦,我会飞走的。
If I was a crow, I’d fly away, man.
我会永远离开这个悲惨的小镇。
I’d fly away from this miserable town for good.
-你以为当乌鸦就是个大蛋蛋吗?
– You think being a crow is a big motherfucking ball?
你们这些猫都一样,伙计。
All you cats the same, man.
你不知道它在哪里。
You don’t know where it is.
没人告诉你它在哪。
There’s nobody to tell you where it’s at.
你到这里来,试着找出它在哪里,但你必须到这里来,看看发生了什么。
And you come up here, try to find out where it’s at, but you got to be up here, man, to find out what’s happening.
-听着,我知道这不是球,伙计。
– Look, I know it isn’t a ball, man.
我研究了种族问题。我知道。
I studied the race problems. I know.
-你对种族问题一无所知。
– You don’t know nothing about the race problem.
只有乌鸦才会知道种族问题。
You got to be a crow to know about the race problem.
你懂我的意思吗?你明白我的意思吗?
You know what I mean? Do you dig where I’m at?
你知道我在说什么吗?
You know what I’m talking about?
-听着,伙计,这件事对我影响很深。
– Well, listen, man, this thing affects me very deeply, fella.
作为一只猫,我有一种相当大的负罪感,因为我的同类总是给你的同类带来痛苦。
As a cat, I have a considerable guilt complex because my kind have always brought suffering on your kind.
——是吗?-是的。
– Yeah? – Yeah.
是的,确实。
Yes, indeed.
我的灵魂被这场种族危机折磨着。
See, my soul is tortured and tormented by this racial crisis.
——没有屎吗?
– No shit?
-我不骗你,伙计。
– I kid you not, man.
有时候我真的很担心。
Sometimes I really get hung up about it.
你知道的,紧张,紧张。
You know, uptight, strung out.
-装在袋子里?-对,在袋子里!
– In a bag? – Yeah, in a bag!
-我要请你喝一杯,小猫咪。
– I’m gonna buy you a drink, cat.
因为我觉得你很酷。
Just ’cause I think you got coolness.
哦,太棒了!嘿,小子!
– Oh, great! Hey, boy!
小子,我能喝一杯吗?
Hey, boy, can I have a drink?
——哦,男人!
– Oh, man!
——嘿,公爵!嘿,公爵!
– Hey, Duke! Hey, Duke!
嘿,公爵!他们在米尔德丽德的住所里疯狂地吹大♥麻♥!
Hey, Duke! They blowing pot like mad up in Mildred’s pad!
-我这就来,伙计
– I’m on my way, man.
嘿,猫咪,你现在想溜出去吗?
Hey, cat, how would you like to bug out now?
-天啊,伙计!我要逃跑了!
– By God, man! I’m gonna bug out!
-他是说赶紧离开吗,宝贝?
– Did he say bug out, baby?
-走吧,宝贝,快走。
– Go ahead, baby, bug out.
-没有虫子出来。-这是什么鬼东西?
– Ain’t no bug out. – What kind of shit is that?
-这对他来说是个问题。-是一种舞蹈
– It’s a bug out to him. – It’s some kind of dance.
嘿,听着,男人。
Hey, listen, man.
有人在看我们吗?
Anybody looking our way?
——没有。-某个纨绔子弟把钥匙丢了。
– No. – Some stud gone and left his keys.
-嘿,你在干什么?你要偷那辆车?
– Hey, what are you doing? You stealing that car?
嘿,靠边站,杰克!让我开这该死的车。
Hey, shove over, Jack! Let me drive this goddamn thing.
-快走!
– Move it out!
嘿,伙计,你们这些猫又不会开车。
Hey, man, you cats can’t drive.
你什么都不知道。
You don’t know nothing about nothing.
你没看见那辆车开过去吗?
Can’t you see that car go by?
-冷静点,好吗?我知道怎么开车。
– Cool it, will you? I know how to drive.
我开车像乌鸦一样,真的。
I drive like a crow, man, really.
伙计,慢点!
Man, look, slow down!
-我看到了。我看到了光明。
– I see it. I see the light.
伙计,你会死在这里的!
– Man, you’ll get killed up here!
——废话,拉尔夫!你能不能闭嘴?
– Bullshit, Ralph! Would you please shut up?
我们被调到这里已经够糟了你整晚都在扯淡。
It’s bad enough we got transferred up here without you bullshitting all night.
我得去巡逻了一小时后回来找你。
Now, I gotta cover my beat and I’ll meet you back here in an hour.
一个小时,拉尔夫。拉尔夫,请你小心点。
One hour, Ralph. And, Ralph, please, be careful.
-但哈莱姆区呢?
– Yeah, but Harlem?
-快点,把车开慢点!注意,男人!
– Come on, slow the car down! Look out, man!
我还没准备好死呢!
I ain’t ready to die yet!
哈莱姆?
Harlem?
-我知道我在做什么
– I know what I’m doing.
-你知道吗,在人群中你只能看到我们的脸。
– You know, the only faces you can see in a crowd up here is ours.
看他们的样子,你只能看到他们的眼睛。
The way they look, all you can see is their eyes.
我不喜欢这里。
I don’t like it here.
-我看到绒毛了。我看到了该死的绒毛。
– I see the fuzz. I see the fucking fuzz.
-冷静点,冷静点。
– Cool it, just cool it.