把它给我 把书还我
Give it to me. Give me my book.
拜托
Come on!
你等着 有一天我出名了你会后悔的
You’ll see. One day I’ll be famous and then you’ll be sorry.
“亲爱的好莱坞 请不要再拍这么多烂电影”
“Dear Hollywood, please stop making so many crappy movies.”
“这里有一些帮助你的小建议”
“Here are a few tips to help you out.”
“故事是王道 曾经是 永远是”
“Story is king. Always has been, always will be.”
-这把我们喝酒的乐子都搅了 -好吧
– This is eating into our drinking time. – Ok.
要翻新的部分 裘德·洛…
Er, remakes, Jude Law…
“先用手持摄像”
“Han shot first.”
“更多火花或更宁静 结束”
“More firefly and/or serenity. The end.”
这是好莱坞式的
Well, that’s Hollywood sorted.
我们该开始谈论中东问题了吗
Shall we move on to the Middle East?
-笔没水了 -总是这样
– Pen’s running out. – Oh, always the way.
呆子
Nerds!
我们不是已经达成协议 不用”呆”这个词了吗
Didn’t we all agree to stop using the “n” word?
我可没同意
I didn’t agree to anything.
“呆子”是瞧不起我们的人才用的词
“nerd” is the word they use to keep us down.
-你应该用”幻想师”这个词 -是的
– You should use the term… “imagineer”. – Yeah.
这是我听过的最呆的事了
That’s the nerdiest thing I’ve ever heard!
你只不过是感到威胁
You are just threatened.
你感到威胁因为你不理解我们的世界
You’re threatened because you don’t understand our world.
有什么好理解的 我看过星际旅行的电影
What’s to understand? I saw one star trek film.
-我讨厌它 再也没看过 -真的? 哪部
– I hated it, never looked back. – Really? Which one?
第一部 金色的大机器人和它的小肥伙伴
The first one with the big, gold robot and the little, fat mate.
你说的是星球大战吧
You mean star wars, don’t you?
是吗 难道它们不一样吗
Do I? Aren’t they the same thing?
不 不一样
No. No, they’re not.
-他知道的 -我怎么知道 我不是书呆子
– He knows. – How would I know? I’m not a nerd.
或者什么幻想师
Or even an imagineer.
-太好了 -我很高兴你感到愉快
– Better. – I’m glad you’re happy.
轮到谁了
Whose round is it?
-上一轮我买♥♥的 -汽车站的饼干我买♥♥的
– I got the last round. – I got the biscuits from the garage.
你进”流言蜚语”是我付的钱
I paid for you to get into Scandals.
我付了衣帽间的钱
I paid for the cloakroom.
你的袋泡茶喝完是我带给你的
I brought teabags round when you ran out.
我借给你了外套
I lent you my coat.
里面那间没这么忙
The snug’s less busy.
能帮我带点薯片吗
Can you get me some crisps?
谢谢
Thanks.
他可以穿着隐身皮短裤
He could wear stealth lederhosen.
-天啊 你真够慢的 -是的 我是慢
– Jesus, you took your time! – Yes, I did.
-下一轮也是我的 -不错 我印象深刻
– I’ll get the next round. – Well done. I was impressed.
什么
What?
这需要花很多功夫
It’s a lot of effort to go to.
我是说 我…我很感动
I mean, I’m er… I’m rather touched.
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
凯西 在隔壁
Cassie. Next door.
她告诉了我她的小故事
She fed me her little story.
-凯西? -里间的那个女孩
– Cassie? – The girl in the snug.
拜托 伙计们
Come on, guys.
体型健康 有趣 机敏的美式口音
Fit, funny, dodgy American accent.
-你们设的陷阱 -刚刚?
– You set it up. – Just now?
无论如何 我要谢谢你们
Yeah. Look, whatever. I just want to say thank you.
我觉得说不定我还真有机会
I think I might actually be in with a chance there.
我明白你为什么觉得这是出杆了
I see why you think it’d be a wind-up.
-你到底想不想听我说 -当然
– You want to hear what happened or not? – Absolutely.
继续 说她是双关节
Go on. Make her double-jointed.
别管他 说吧 我想听
Ignore him. Come on. I want to hear it.
好
Ok.
你好 雷
Hello, Ray.
对不起 我认识你吗
Erm… I’m sorry. Do I know you?
我是凯西
I’m Cassie.
你不认识我 但我很了解你
You don’t know me, but I know you very well.
至少 我觉得我了解
At least, I feel like I do.
我读了所有关于你的书
I’ve read all about you.
-关于我的? -是啊
– All about me? – Yeah.
在你看来 这些书还没有写出来
From your perspective, those books haven’t been written yet,
不过…
But er…
还没写出来 你是说…来自未来?
Haven’t been written yet, like from the future?
没错
Exactly!
我明白了
Ah. Ah, I see.
-你是个时间旅人 -正确 是的
– You’re a time traveller. – Bingo! Yes.
我可没说我相信她
I didn’t say I believed her.
-你编了个女朋友 -没有
– You’ve invented a girlfriend! – I have not.
“时间旅行辣妹遇到了时间旅行粉丝”
“Time-travelling hottie visits time-travel fan.”
主意还不错
It’s not a bad idea.
-你来自多远的未来? -150年后
– How far back in time have you come? – 150 years.
你的时间机器在哪儿
And where’s your time machine?
在我体内
Inside me.
这倒很方便 不是吗
Oh! That’s handy, isn’t it?
就像小药片吗
Is it like a little pill?
不是啦
Uh, no,
是安置在我骨头里的电路接线
It’s hard-wired into my bones which
现在已经被聚合物合成材料替代
Have been replaced with a polymer composite.
所以它很灵活 但又很牢固
So it’s flexible, but very standard issue.
那你是个星际女士吗
Are you a space-lady?
你好 哔哔
Hello. Nanu.
-打电♥话♥回家 -不
– Phone home. – No!
不 我修补时间裂缝
No, I repair time leaks.
-听起来很有趣 -不
– Sounds exciting. – No.
没什么意思 真的
No, it’s not. Really.
其实很无聊
It’s quite dull.
-这就是这份工作的唯一福利 -什么
– This is the only perk of the job. – What is?
见到历史中的名人
Meeting famous people from history.
我?
Me?
我看到你今天会在这里
I read that you would be in here on this day, you know.
我实在是不能放过见到伟大的雷的机会
I just couldn’t pass up a chance of meeting Ray the great.
她是这么说的
It’s what she said.
-“伟大的雷” -闭嘴
– “Ray the great”! – Shut up.
那么 除了我 你还见过别的什么名人
So, what other famous people, like me, have you met?
你见过爱因斯坦或者猫王吗
Have you met Einstein or Elvis?
知道你该怎么做吗 你该回去杀掉希♥特♥勒♥
You know what you should do? You should go back and kill Hitler.
-这才经典 -但这就是时空犯罪
– That’s a classic. – That’s also a time crime.
-这么没劲 -是啊 我们称之为剪辑
– You’re no fun. – Yeah. We call it editing.
试图将人从历史中抹去
It’s trying to erase people from history.
-比如希♥特♥勒♥ -是的 比如希♥特♥勒♥
– Like Hitler. – Yeah, like Hitler.
不过 更多时候 这是个人品味的事情
But, a lot of the time, it’s more of a personal taste thing.
比如 帕里斯·希尔顿?
Like, Paris Hilton?
谁
Who?
聪明
Brilliant.
总之 他们试图将一些人抹去
Well, um, yeah, they try to erase them from history
仅仅因为不喜欢他们 或者…
Just because they don’t like them or don’t
不喜欢他们的歌♥或电影什么的
Like their songs or their films or whatever.
他们完全是疯子 雷
They are totally psychotic, Ray.
甚至有一群剪辑者试图在艺术家
There’s even one bunch of editors who try to
创造了最伟大的作品后立刻杀掉他们
Kill artists immediately after their greatest works.
我不明白
I don’t get it.
这是为了避免后期质量的下降
Well, it’s to avoid a decline in quality.
就好像杀害…
It would be like killing, say…
在凯文·科斯特纳与狼共舞之后
Kevin Costner right after dances with wolves.
-你可以杀了莫里斯 -在史密斯乐队解散之后?
– You could do Morrissey. – After the Smiths?
不 只是笼统来说
No. Just generally.
乔治·卢卡斯演了绝地武士之后?
George Lucas after Jedi?
帝国 当然
ooh! Empire, surely.
不 那你就会错过沃克战役
Mm-mm. You’d miss the Ewok battle.
谁在乎?
Who cares?
我在乎
I care.
让我们看看你的研究做的有多好
Let’s see how good your research really is.
什么是…祖父悖论
What is… the grandfather paradox?
我…
I…